AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-11-20, 02:38   Link #61
JokerD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
JokerD : Please post those pedobear photos! The very last few you took near the end of the event were gold!
Did someone say pedo bear?
Spoiler:

From what I gather, there were 3 pedo bears at the event. Sorry, I did not take photos of the last one on the 3rd floor with the little girl approaching it and us screaming 'NOoooo!!!' lol

Had to wake up a 3am to work today, and was not motivated enough to sort through my photos...

More to come, I promise

Spoiler for Stores at AFA:

Next up, the cosplayers

Last edited by JokerD; 2011-11-20 at 03:00. Reason: More pictures
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 03:02   Link #62
Forever
Revealing the truth

Saturday: Lisa and Flow made it worthwhile. Aniki made me cringe.... Quite suprised to see Lisa cry. Laughed at the screw-up

Sunday: Kalafina, Itou ka and MayN made it decent.

Regret: Didnt get to queue for the fortune telling. Didnt take pictues with the cuter cosplayers. Should have gone there earlier.
Old 2011-11-20, 07:59   Link #63
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

It's Ichiban no Takaramono.....everyone cries to that, it's only natural...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post

From what I gather, there were 3 pedo bears at the event. Sorry, I did not take photos of the last one on the 3rd floor with the little girl approaching it and us screaming 'NOoooo!!!' lol
Spoiler:

Heh...
Old 2011-11-20, 08:41   Link #64
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

It actually surprised me that the parents willingly allowed the kid to be with pedobear without knowing what that gigantic mascot actually means. Still, I haven't seen a single newspaper article these days about Pedobear@AFA, though there is another gripe about it in today's Sunday Times :

Spoiler for News Article, Sunday Times Singapore, 20/11/11:

Looks like I am not the only one complaining about the bad staffing. Thank you Victor for highlighting this as a foreigner.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 08:50   Link #65
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Can't do anything about the litter issue here...this ain't Japan....

poor hygeine is like endemic here....much to my revulsion
Old 2011-11-20, 08:57   Link #66
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

My friend said that the litter issue is expected "because there are so many foreigners around." (in his own words). Though I wonder if the issue won't make a difference because most of these kids, foreigners or not, are just casual dumpers with bad parenting.

I try to pick and throw on the first day, but I gave up because there aren't many dustbins around, other than the one in the toilets. And also with an electronics show next door, more rubbish is being generated on the third floor than not.

Joker, please keep those cosplay photos coming!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-11-20, 11:09   Link #67
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
It actually surprised me that the parents willingly allowed the kid to be with pedobear without knowing what that gigantic mascot actually means. Still, I haven't seen a single newspaper article these days about Pedobear@AFA, though there is another gripe about it in today's Sunday Times :

Spoiler for News Article, Sunday Times Singapore, 20/11/11:

Looks like I am not the only one complaining about the bad staffing. Thank you Victor for highlighting this as a foreigner.
I am an Indonesian, and i also feel that this year staff is not as good as previous years staff, but somehow i disagree with his comment on that newspaper...

Point #1: Cosplayer
First, i cannot blame the cosplayer for taking up space, since the usual space for cosplayer (below the convention area) is occupied by some event, and outside is occupied by AFA and next hall queueing. And second, i cant blame cosplayer for being photoed by people. It is the nature of cosplaying.
Well, though i certainly do feel angry as some cosplayer behaviour that sits on the walking way outside of the hall...

Point #2: Charging your laptop
Wait wait wait...
What do you need to charge your laptop at AFA?? And again, why do you need to bring your laptop to AFA?
Well, its partially his problem to bring his laptop and powered it on until it runs out of battery?

Point #3: Attitude of staff during queuing for concert
I remember that day 2 queuing is nightmare, since all of VIP tickets holder clogging up the walking way. And i remember the staff is trying to ask that VIP tickets not to queue since they already got their seat numbers. So what is the point of queuing??

tl;dr
Just my personal thought after seeing that article...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 16:33   Link #68
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

In the past few years, nobody uses the space at the third floor, so all the cosplayers often go to the 3rd floor to pose for pictures since not only does it have good lighting, it also does not clog up the 4th floor.

Laptop users are common every year, and I do see during the past few years that most people can use their laptops without being scrutinised due to momentum updates on the event. Don't know about the change in attitude this year.

As for the VIP ticket, the staff only issued tickets for the first day's concert on 11/11/11, not the subsequent days, hence the queue to redeem tickets for the subsequent days. It was a mess in communications.

Old 2011-11-20, 22:41   Link #69
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post

Point #3: Attitude of staff during queuing for concert
I remember that day 2 queuing is nightmare, since all of VIP tickets holder clogging up the walking way. And i remember the staff is trying to ask that VIP tickets not to queue since they already got their seat numbers. So what is the point of queuing??
On this, it's not really the queue to enter the hall.....it's the queue to get your pass and stuff from your tickets. The admin at the ticket reception was....slow.....so that queue extended all the way out to the main area

Even on the first day when I got my pass....it was already quite bad let alone the other two days
Old 2011-11-21, 07:37   Link #70
JokerD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
On this, it's not really the queue to enter the hall.....it's the queue to get your pass and stuff from your tickets. The admin at the ticket reception was....slow.....so that queue extended all the way out to the main area

Even on the first day when I got my pass....it was already quite bad let alone the other two days
Ironically I think that this year's entry to the concert was better than previous years, the door actually opened before the time stated, previously, the door opened up to half an hour later, making the crowd worse.

But factor in the 3rd floor being used by some other event and the electrical fair next door and you get this crowd at the corridor.

Anyway, the cosplay competition, I was not around for most of it because of lunch and I went off without waiting for the results, anyway, team Philippines won
Spoiler for Cosplay Competition:

Spoiler for Fav cosplayers:

Warning, image dump:
Spoiler for The rest:

And that's the end of that, finally...

Last edited by JokerD; 2011-11-21 at 08:35. Reason: More pictures
Old 2011-11-21, 08:40   Link #71
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I remembered attending one of the more known anime cons in the Philippines, and there was this Keima cosplayer (who I just met with my other friends) who tells me that his trap sensors are tingling. Soon enough, there's a picture of a Rikku who is clearly crossdressing. D:

Not to mention three Toubros (yes, bros not hous) nearby.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 05:08   Link #72
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I remembered attending one of the more known anime cons in the Philippines, and there was this Keima cosplayer (who I just met with my other friends) who tells me that his trap sensors are tingling. Soon enough, there's a picture of a Rikku who is clearly crossdressing. D:

Not to mention three Toubros (yes, bros not hous) nearby.
We have...anime cons here?
Old 2011-11-23, 00:49   Link #73
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

There are more than a dozen conventions held in the Philippines, although a vast majority of them happen in key cities in Metro Manila. The con I attended is actually organized by a collegiate anime organization (the University of the Philippines Anime and Manga Enthusiasts (AME)) and there are others as well.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2011-11-23, 05:43   Link #74
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
There are more than a dozen conventions held in the Philippines, although a vast majority of them happen in key cities in Metro Manila. The con I attended is actually organized by a collegiate anime organization (the University of the Philippines Anime and Manga Enthusiasts (AME)) and there are others as well.
And thus, I realized just how much I didn't know.
Old 2011-11-23, 07:21   Link #75
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

The More You Know.

Now, get on with your convention adventures.

Old 2011-11-24, 08:26   Link #76
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Anyone here knew the cost of getting a doujin area booth in AFA?
Thanks...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 00:33   Link #77
JokerD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Anyone here knew the cost of getting a doujin area booth in AFA?
Thanks...
No idea, but there's emails here http://www.animefestival.asia/contact_us.html that you can ask.
Old 2011-12-02, 01:28   Link #78
JokerD

Not AFA2011 but the passes of 4 years of AFA:

Old 2011-12-04, 09:38   Link #79
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

If you are going next year, I propose that both of us wear all 5 to show off.