AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Heavy Object

Notices

Old 2015-11-28, 13:16   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Heavy Object - FanFiction Discussion

Welcome to the Heavy Object FanFiction Discussion thread.

This thread is meant for Heavy Object fanfiction and its discussion. Fanfiction works can be either posted in this thread or in the Fan Creations Forum and linked to in this thread. You may also link to Fanfiction works posted on other sites and discuss it here.

General rules of our forum still apply:
  • No sexually explicit material. Yes, this goes for text format as well.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members
  • Have fun, but post intelligently

Please respect the authors, fanfictions are written in their free time, they have have no gain and owe you nothing; if they like a particular character and/or a particular pattern for their story, it's a personal choice and can't be blamed. In general, you are free to post constructive criticisms but not insults which (as in any other part of the forums) won't be tolerated. Remember that writers post here to get help and not to get troubles.

Thanks and have fun
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-28, 18:55   Link #2
Heir of the Void

I'm working on Legio Crux Australis. Basically, its V1C3 from the point of view of Sane!Reasonable!Competent!Australia. The Generation 0.5 was a smokescreen all along, instead they have six decades of competent design, technical espionage, and common sense.

Oh, and gene-engineered cyborg commandos with quenchguns. But everyone needs a gimmick.

Also includes the FDA recommend dose of: gunplay, sniping, sabotage, infiltration, Hollywood hacking, real hacking, Machiavelli, tactical nuclear weapons, unrestricted submarine warfare, unrestricted orbital warfare, Clausewitz, strategic nuclear weapons, Crazy German Philosophers, Tang, Morning Rescue, The Kool-Aid Man, and, of course, jaywalking.
Heir of the Void is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-28, 19:28   Link #3
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heir of the Void View Post
Sane!Reasonable!Competent!Australia.
- You know, I wonder if the Leader/Dictator/pilot of Oceania's 0.5 Object was a descendant of Pauline Hansen. The similarities in their reasoning are frightening.

Also: I'm considering writing a Heavy Object fic (I usually do with shows whose concept I like but have issue with the actual story execution). Trouble is I wonder if it might be a bit too off the wall. People have likened Qwenthur and Havia to Inaho and Rambo. So I thought...

...how about a main character who's somewhat based off of Evil Dead Ash?

Yeah, probably a bad idea.

"You're not a soldier! You're the base Janitor! What makes you think you can beat an Object?"

"Baby, you don't know me all that well, so I'll tell you..." (Long pause) "I've got no idea, so I'll wing it."
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 15:33   Link #4
Heir of the Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
"You're not a soldier! You're the base Janitor! What makes you think you can beat an Object?"

"Baby, you don't know me all that well, so I'll tell you..." (Long pause) "I've got no idea, so I'll wing it."
Well, at least he's honest about it.
Old 2015-12-01, 13:16   Link #5
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I don't really have any particle fanfic ideas for Heavy Object- Usually I make fanfic ideas on stuff I want to see but I'm content for now to let Heavy Object do it's own thing.

I suppose something in the same veins as MGS or CoD would suffice.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-02, 01:40   Link #6
jalvin_billster1091
Arcaneus Magi

https://www.fanfiction.net/Gate-Jiet...8/?&srt=1&r=10

A Heavy Object and Gate crossover Fanfic.
Definitely interesting first chapter, looking forward to more....
jalvin_billster1091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-02, 01:49   Link #7
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
I actually saw this being handy in a SRW fanfic.

Then I remembered how SRW handled the Evas to fight in space. Then the Objects...

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island

Last edited by Yu Ominae; 2015-12-04 at 23:22.
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-04, 09:02   Link #8
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I suppose something in the same veins as MGS or CoD would suffice.
- I was thinking more along the lines of Deadpool meets Serious Sam...

Goddammit I'm really feeling like writing somethign that stupid right now...
Old 2015-12-04, 15:25   Link #9
Heir of the Void

Quote:
Goddammit I'm really feeling like writing somethign that stupid right now...
DO IT!

...you know you want to.
Old 2015-12-05, 09:39   Link #10
The 48th Ronin

Call of Duty first comes to mind. Then Hetalia.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-05, 19:35   Link #11
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

To be perfectly honest (and I think this fits better in Fanfiction than the main threads):

When I first saw the character designs for Hevia and Qwenthur from the LNs I was thinking Battlefield 2142.

Then I read the manga version of the first story arc and thought Metal Gear Solid.

Finally, when I watched the anime, I realize I was wrong. I'm actually watching Harold and Kumar go to White Castle meets Hot Shots Part Deux.

...so yes. If I'm going to write a fanfic about Heavy Object, it'll be more about the comedy than anything else.
Old 2015-12-06, 00:21   Link #12
Heir of the Void

Quote:
Finally, when I watched the anime, I realize I was wrong. I'm actually watching Harold and Kumar go to White Castle meets Hot Shots Part Deux.
I had the same thing.

I read the title card and though Mobile Suit Lovecraft.

I watched the first episode and thought Pretentious deconstruction of war movies

I started reading the novels, and I realized it was: Dance like you want to beat the Star Trek Mech, Rambo!

And really, that description is about a fifth of my original. That one escalated quickly and involved at least five of the Seventy Maxims.
Old 2015-12-11, 22:29   Link #13
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Okay, I'll bite and try to write something, but no promises. It's been awhile since I had both inspiration and skill to write a fic. And as I mentioned in other threads, comedy is VERY hard to write. I mean, comedy that works without being too construed. Humor in literature is way different from visual humor so I've got to work really hard to make it work. Especially since unlike the other shows I write fics for I'm not as comfortable or well-versed int he Heavy Object universe---and knowing your story world is essential for writing a story that works, much less a story that's supposed to be funny.

One of the songs I'm listening to to get creativity specific for a Heavy Object story is...this:
https://youtu.be/rBKpXKQ4V3k

"I'm a walking disaster
I'm a demolition man~~~"
Quote:
When one thought about it, it wasn't really threatening. It was gigantic, but was
not visually terrifying. Not like a fire-breathing lizard nor a fat green man with an
octopus for a head or even Donald Trump's hairdo--the Object was essentially an
oversized billard ball. With hair. Except each hair was actually a 50-caliber
machinegun.

The unheroic heroic janitor forgot about his earlier boast and wet his pants.

"Run!" He squeaked, a most unmanly squeak. "Run!"

Last edited by wavehawk; 2015-12-11 at 22:41.
Old 2015-12-12, 06:26   Link #14
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I think a crossover with Armored Core would be great. Considering Armored Forts are equal? in size and firepower to Objects.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-12, 07:32   Link #15
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I think a crossover with Armored Core would be great. Considering Armored Forts are equal? in size and firepower to Objects.
What's the setting for Armored Core? I saw a belief youtube video once and it's basically something about the world being controlled by corporations now?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-12, 19:52   Link #16
blitz1/2

Quote:
What's the setting for Armored Core? I saw a belief youtube video once and it's basically something about the world being controlled by corporations now?
Depends on which verse I think.

Old 2015-12-12, 20:03   Link #17
The 48th Ronin

How about Red Alert?
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-12, 22:26   Link #18
blitz1/2

Quote:
Armored Core 3/SL is pretty much rival corporations going at each other until the main computer system that governs their lives goes haywire.

Armored Core Nexus/Last Raven is the sequel to 3, which it starts off with rival corporations again until the end of Earth scenario.

Armored Core 4 and above, I think is more like private armies.

Old 2016-01-25, 02:34   Link #19
darkdill

While I don't have a fanfic in production, I do have ideas to spread. Feel free to pick one up if it suits your fancy.

(Note that I haven't read any of the LNs, so if one of my plots is the same as a LN, oops.)

---

Quote:
Several higher-up Legitimate Kingdom officials decide that sending Qwenthur and Havia on suicide missions isn't working to get them killed. Instead, they organize an operation to have them assassinated. Will our two bumbling heroes get out of this one?
Quote:
While at a hot-tub, Milinda reveals to Froleytia that she's jealous of the major's bust size, and asks for advice on how to make her own chest bigger. Hilarity ensues.
Quote:
Froleytia finds herself in a world of trouble when she's abducted by a group of men hired by Halreed Copacabana, who learned that Qwenthur tricked him earlier in regards to her "adultery". This time, he doesn't plan on letting her go.
Quote:
Havia ends up working alongside a Legitimate Kingdom assassin sent to eliminate the elite/pilot of an enemy object, and finds himself falling for this femme fatale. Or is he just attracted to her extremely curvy form? Probably the latter.
Quote:
Qwenthur is (for once) given some shore leave, and takes the time to go and visit his family. Milinda comes along, and everyone at home thinks the two are an item! Qwenthur makes a big mistake when he denies it, though, and has to make it up to Milinda somehow.
I'll try to think of more.

Last edited by darkdill; 2016-01-25 at 03:20.
darkdill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-14, 21:06   Link #20
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
This'll be interesting if anyone's able to cross this into SRW.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote