AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-08-20, 04:35   Link #1861
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Aladdin is not a part of that rule, so is the other.
Spoiler:
Um yeah, that's already a presupposition in the discussion above.
What gave you the idea that it was not?

Spoiler:

Last edited by aohige; 2013-08-20 at 04:51. Reason: grammanazi
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 04:46   Link #1862
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Ah, I see. I guess I really wasn't reading stuff right.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 09:25   Link #1863
CBredbeard
Banned

Kind of feels like it's the end.

3 Djinn-users down. Hakuei ran out of magoi, which makes sense she has the lowest fighting ability out of everyone. Kouha might be dead outright. Kougyokou is less worse off than En was, but En won't be able to keep going unless he life taps Magnostadt.

I think it's the worst possible thing. Gyokouen was Hakuryuu's demon. Giving her a special connection to Aladdin and making her the defacto leader of Al Tharem when it seemed rather confederate, de-centralized before. It really seems like it's the beginning of the end. Having that reveal and her entering the battlefield at this point in time.

Obviously this'll lead to Judar's and Hakuryu's appearance, but I am disappointed that things are coming to a conclusion. Rushed ending is rushed.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 09:29   Link #1864
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Wow, now THIS is epic.

Spoiler for Magi 193:
Spoiler for 193:
Old 2013-08-21, 09:42   Link #1865
Xacual

I think Magi really lost it's own storytelling pace with the splitting up of the group and the time skips. To me it really hasn't felt like the story I got interested in back in the beginning anymore and honestly I think I'll probably drop it if it goes on much longer like this.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 09:52   Link #1866
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I think Magi really lost it's own storytelling pace with the splitting up of the group and the time skips. To me it really hasn't felt like the story I got interested in back in the beginning anymore and honestly I think I'll probably drop it if it goes on much longer like this.
The real problem is everyone got super powers. The world feels very tiny now. The world you used to know was grand and beautiful. Now it's small and devoid of mystery and danger.
Old 2013-08-21, 10:11   Link #1867
Key Board
Carbon

Hmm..

it feels like we are approaching the end of the 2nd part of a trilogy. I do NOT expect things to go well. Expect a time skip.

Though I must say that this boss battle feels forced.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 11:25   Link #1868
Meltyred

Meanwhile, Mor is doing what again?
Eh whatever, Aladdin will probably save the world.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 16:14   Link #1869
ChampDream
Alive

so Gyokuen is the third magi, didn't see that coming
now I wonder what everybody else is doing? I mean where Sinbad, Mor, Hakuryu?
Old 2013-08-21, 16:59   Link #1870
CBredbeard
Banned

2 weeks and it'll be fifty chapters since Morgiana had any panel time. More than a year since she was last seen. If she ever reappears, she'll be entering an arena where entire armies are swept away in moments, city-busting attacks are the standard, and even fully adult Fanalists with Households are mere fodder for the gods.

She's part of the old world. Has no place any longer.
Old 2013-08-21, 17:21   Link #1871
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm not too worried about Mor. I'm sure she received a power-up massive enough to keep her relevant. Makes no sense to turn her into a fodder.
Old 2013-08-21, 17:49   Link #1872
MAX_COLA_POWER!

She'll hear that alibaba is in trouble, her fanalis senses will tingle, among other things and she'll go, gotta go, mah bitch needs me.
Old 2013-08-21, 17:51   Link #1873
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Remember when it used to be about dungeons. I want more of that.

Was not expecting Lady nutcase to be Solomon's third magi. But dammmmn look that they crazy eyes in that flashback. One thing I like about this anime is them crazy evil eyes.

Soo how will things pan out from here seeing how Kouha is dead by the looks of it. While the other two looks like they wouldn't be able to enter the fight anytime soon. Unless Kouen is able to heal all three of them.

The only thing I can see happening would be Sinbad or the other 2 generals of granny-magi enter the fight or crybaby enters the fight.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 17:53   Link #1874
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm not too worried about Mor. I'm sure she received a power-up massive enough to keep her relevant. Makes no sense to turn her into a fodder.
It wouldn't be consistent with what we've seen. Even the most powerful Households we've seen, En's entourage, have been sidelined, and those guys had some pretty gruesome life-magic modifications done to their bodies. They're not even human anymore.

I suppose it might be possible for Yunan to...modify Morgiana, but no one wants that. Even the idea that she's probably a grown woman by now is difficult to grasp. She's likely 17 by now, close to 3 years since she was first introduced in the manga, and we've seen what adult Finalists can do, but even then they absolutely pale in comparison to the fighting we've seen.

The best we can hope for is that she stays as far as away from Aladdin and Alibaba as possible. Morigana can still have adventures and experience dangers without god-modding her way out of everything that gets in her way.
Old 2013-08-21, 21:06   Link #1875
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

That's right Aladdin, you must protect Hakuei-nee! At least until Sinbad drops in with his crew and just steals every spotlight including the sun...
Old 2013-08-21, 22:07   Link #1876
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
That's right Aladdin, you must protect Hakuei-nee! At least until Sinbad drops in with his crew and just steals every spotlight including the sun...
I hope they do, cause like some people here, this arc has dragged on long enough, and I'm pretty sick of seeing Psycho Femdom Magi Stepmom thinking she's the shiznit, leave that for eventually Sasuke turning Haku what's his face, bring back Morgiana to the crew so we can she how she's changed, and more importantly, I wanna see Dracon the Human Rayquaza in action ;_;.
Old 2013-08-21, 23:46   Link #1877
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
They'd be useless. And Sinbad and En had better meet as enemies.

The arc has had some serious problems to be sure.

Magnostadt and Reim had a pretty cool war. Each leader and the armies displayed and critiqued their national character and identity. It was an epic clash where Mogamett and Scherazade exchanged monologues and displayed open contempt of one another. Scherazade declaring her hatred of "that man" is my all time favorite panel featuring her.

...But then Aladdin intervened and everything from then on went straight to hell. For one thing, this entire mess could have been averted if he'd simply gone for the Darkspot while everyone was fighting one another. He clearly chose to protect Magnostadt instead of the world, which might make sense since he'd spent an entire year living there as a normal human being.

Unfortunately, as soon as the war is concluded in a really unsatisfactory manner, Aladdin sees fit to lecture Scherazade about being a Magi. And she rolls over and takes it! She doesn't point out his mistakes. She doesn't point out his hypocrisy. She doesn't defend her stance, instead falling into the trap of being a female character which means everything must have some kind of maternal component.

Aladdin has a chance to be humanized, flawed, have a little doubt instilled into him, but no, the author decides to reinforce the fact that he's never wrong about anything ever at the expense of another character.

Then the author took a 6 week break to prepare her spin-off manga...which has probably contributed to the drop in quality of Magi. The author has put herself in a trap where she has to decide whether to introduce and develop something in Magi or in Sinbad's Adventure. Sinbad literally saw the world, meaning that if we're going to see the life he's lead up til now, Aladdin and Alibaba can't tread where he has walked. And he's been everywhere!

Anyway, the only redeeming part of this arc has been the Kou family being developed. And I'm incredibly disappointed that they probably aren't going to beat that thing without Sinbad showing up and stealing the spotlight.
Old 2013-08-24, 03:20   Link #1878
konart

194:

Spoiler for FINALLY:

Tears of joy TT_TT

Also lol about inserted text: "the whole world was waiting for this!!" <- dat trolling
Old 2013-08-24, 04:08   Link #1879
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
194:

Spoiler for FINALLY:

Tears of joy TT_TT

Also lol about inserted text: "the whole world was waiting for this!!" <- dat trolling

I highly doubt this would happen,

i know someone will arrive , its Judal
Old 2013-08-24, 04:36   Link #1880
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
I highly doubt this would happen,

i know someone will arrive , its Judal
What do you mean? The translation for 194 is out, it's a matter of fact

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen