AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Sword Art Online II - Episode 24 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 26 40.63%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 29.69%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 10.94%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 6.25%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.69%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 6.25%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-12-22, 06:33   Link #81
Phoenix6000
An Alternate Reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooneagain View Post
Wait about her send off, did asuna inform other players that yuuki's about to die? I missed something probably
It wasn't shown but after receiving the message from doctor Kurahashi, Asuna notified Kirito, Siune and the others before going to the hospital. They got the word out and assembled everyone in time to give Yuuki a proper sendoff.
Old 2014-12-22, 06:58   Link #82
Psyco Diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Yeah, that's how I feel. I have a really hard time believing the sincerity of the comment when people use a meme to describe their feelings. It makes me think they're just joking around and that they didn't really take the content or their emotions seriously. I seriously was shedding tears during this episode, and seeing people like "lolz them feelz, man!" is just... *sigh*

At least when it's actually used as a joke, it's easy enough to spot.

*shakes fist*
Well were human, its how some people deal with uncomfortable situations, its not about cheapening it, its about finding a way to express one self in a way that makes it easier than saying it blatantly
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-22, 11:51   Link #83
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Yeah, that's how I feel. I have a really hard time believing the sincerity of the comment when people use a meme to describe their feelings. It makes me think they're just joking around and that they didn't really take the content or their emotions seriously. I seriously was shedding tears during this episode, and seeing people like "lolz them feelz, man!" is just... *sigh*

There's a good bit of (self-)derision it it, yes, but I think it's a way to shield ourselves from the silliness of being so affected by a fiction. Like liking something "ironically", or reading playboy for the articles, only here we're crying at a cartoon.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-22, 13:59   Link #84
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:

I'm with you here, but the word "feel" is actually used non ironically and seriously in the popular "I know that feel bro" meme.
It's all its fault.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-22, 20:20   Link #85
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Well, at least Kirito is the strongest again.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-22, 22:03   Link #86
nooneagain

hahaha kirito fanboys rejoooice! XD. But I was sad that yuuki died. btw, does the other sleeping knights have the same disease as yuuki?

Last edited by nooneagain; 2014-12-22 at 22:15.
nooneagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-22, 22:46   Link #87
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooneagain View Post
hahaha kirito fanboys rejoooice! XD. But I was sad that yuuki died. btw, does the other sleeping knights have the same disease as yuuki?
No. That was already spelled out in the last episode. Yuuki had AIDS, Shiun had leukemia.
Old 2014-12-27, 02:36   Link #88
windseer
vocaholic

LOL
Doctor: She wants to spend her last moments outside
Asuna: No, she needs to spend her last moments ONLINE
windseer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-27, 03:17   Link #89
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Hmm. For some reason I feel like I'll see Yuuki in Accel World.
Old 2014-12-27, 17:55   Link #90
shadow of the day

What about the women who help kayaba akihiko, the women who mention in the las episode, i read the NL but only read the actual volume
shadow of the day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-27, 20:43   Link #91
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow of the day View Post
What about the women who help kayaba akihiko, the women who mention in the las episode, i read the NL but only read the actual volume
I believe she was mentioned...once? in one of the earlier novels, I think her role in the anime thus far is limited to what's mentioned in this episode.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-28, 13:08   Link #92
streetcool

I feel like crying now that sao is done. Think there will be another season?
streetcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-28, 13:17   Link #93
shadow of the day

Unhappy

Yeah, i thing there's a lot of history left. But still asking me when's gonna be another ova or other tráiler for the next season, last year was in new year, this month i don't hear nothing. Yet
Old 2015-01-05, 12:03   Link #94
Strikefreedom117

Yuuko dies, my feels were kil

Everything else was a good last episode
Strikefreedom117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-05, 14:44   Link #95
shadow of the day

I like the tensión in the last minutes of sao those who never read the LN i think they never know about the person who Kirito say's but i like that part
Old 2015-01-13, 03:09   Link #96
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Wow oh wow...I never expected SAO to end with such a sad/bittersweet episode. It was very good, but terribly touching and sad. I was near tears. At first, I thought Yuuki was a glitch like their "daughter", and that was the secret, but never expected...that.

The idea of the medicuboid, though, is an interesting concept...allowing terminally ill patients or, more likely, patients who are immobile indefinitely the ability to move and live in a virtual world is an interesting topic and concept. I do wonder, with the advances of technology definitely heading towards virtual reality, how this will be realized in the future.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-16, 22:51   Link #97
Willster328

Finally

Finally finished. Trying to maintain an Ep 24 review and not a season review, it was a great episode. Yuuki didn't stick on me the way that some other characters have (I blame it on the pacing, foreshadowing, and direction), but it was a GREAT finale.

To me, I'm left wondering what the cliffhanger is. The last scene about Kayaba's involvement, and the connection to Healthcliff, sounds rather climactic (as the joiner of two worlds), but I just wonder if they can uphold the RL-struggle. To me, that's where SAO lagged a bit, where the first half of the first season was so intense moment to moment, with LOTS of characters dying, that it was inherently unpredictable, that after that time it's conformed more to the generic anime-rules.

Either way, good episode, good way to end it, gld they focused on others besides Kirito (HUGE KIRITO FAN HERE FYI), but Asuna needed that to redeem the poor writing-off of her character.
Willster328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-17, 05:11   Link #98
M.A.D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willster328 View Post
Finally finished. Trying to maintain an Ep 24 review and not a season review, it was a great episode. Yuuki didn't stick on me the way that some other characters have (I blame it on the pacing, foreshadowing, and direction), but it was a GREAT finale.

To me, I'm left wondering what the cliffhanger is. The last scene about Kayaba's involvement, and the connection to Healthcliff, sounds rather climactic (as the joiner of two worlds), but I just wonder if they can uphold the RL-struggle. To me, that's where SAO lagged a bit, where the first half of the first season was so intense moment to moment, with LOTS of characters dying, that it was inherently unpredictable, that after that time it's conformed more to the generic anime-rules.

Either way, good episode, good way to end it, gld they focused on others besides Kirito (HUGE KIRITO FAN HERE FYI), but Asuna needed that to redeem the poor writing-off of her character.
Haha, I remember Kirito saying something like this to Agil right before heading into ALO: "A game without real deaths is easy.". Certainly, once the death game of season 1 ended, the author did try to bring up serious mood by including suspense elements, like Asuna being caged and a gun that can kill people from inside a game, but it simply can't beat the atmosphere where death was real during any kind of battles.

Anyway, I think that moment where it's revealed that Kayaba was the inventor of the Medicuboid was meant to bring the series in full circle, that every thing that ever happened in the past 2 seasons happened because Kayaba planted the foundation for them, including passing the World Seed onto Kirito. With all of them connected with each other, that World Seed is growing up to be a World Tree of its own right - is what I feel after seeing that scene.

"If thou find thy neighbor trying to touch thy loli, thine right for crotch related violence is justified. Thou dost unleash upon those foolish lot thy righteous fury.

If in which the unlucky knaves miss death's sweet release, upon the males, a change of fate shall befall them. For they shall become "man-woman", harbingers of doom & fashionable clothing tastes."

--From the Book of Haulia
M.A.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-22, 00:07   Link #99
Budweineken
Crap

So learned recently that a new movie is coming out, and the news said that it will take place after Mother Rosario's arc.

Naturally, I thought to myself, WTF is the Mother Rosario arc? Apparently I had forgotten that I never finished this series, something I thought I had done all this time.

Anyways. finally watched it. I didn't care all that much with this final arc, it was underwhelming. It felt like a long sappy epilogue to the series. The emotions portrayed and Asuna's journey wasn't too-bad though.

The death scene was very well done, best thing it had to offer.

Now that I got that out of the way, I can be ready for the movie.

All told, always fairly entertained with the series, but it's been hit and miss for a while now.
Old 2016-07-23, 04:43   Link #100
Kazu-kun

This was my favorite arc. I think all the previous arcs were mediocre at best.