AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-01-23, 12:47   Link #2181
jessica
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongky View Post
I see...so Kakuzawa was to be blamed for everything, am I correct? In that case, why does Lucy mother want to suicide anyway?? She could try to escape from the grip of Kakuzawa and then go and take Lucy with her. Pity Lucy...all she wanted was the care of her parents and gain some friends but in the end not only was her dream unfulfilled instead she was intentionally changed into a killer. Goddamn that Kakuzawa..curse him to death!!

By the way, thanks for the extra information because I never knew that Lucy mother still cared for her. I thought Lucy mother like everyone else despise of Lucy because of her abnormality and abandoned her in the orphanage.
hi the names jessica im from gloucester and elfin lied cks havnt been abal to watch a lot thogh so do u now were i can watch it
jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 14:36   Link #2182
Sodagod
Nightcrawler
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Evergreenland
You can watch the episodes here:
http://www.elfen-lied-tv.com/

And it doesn't hurt to write properly.
__________________
Timendi causa est nescire
Sodagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 16:24   Link #2183
Reno
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: It's called Earth
Send a message via MSN to Reno
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime View Post
They don't reproduce. They just spread the vector virus. The person infected has to reproduce to have another vector virus diclonius. It appears that after the infection starts the vector virus can be spread during sex.
Ohh I see. Thanks. Sorry.
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 16:52   Link #2184
Sodagod
Nightcrawler
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Evergreenland
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime View Post
They don't reproduce. They just spread the vector virus. The person infected has to reproduce to have another vector virus diclonius. It appears that after the infection starts the vector virus can be spread during sex.
So basically diclonius need people in order to reproduce?
__________________
Timendi causa est nescire
Sodagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 17:29   Link #2185
Fate lover
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Home of the Hornbills
Send a message via MSN to Fate lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodagod View Post
So basically diclonius need people in order to reproduce?
Yes because Lucy is the only diclonius which can reproduce naturally. The rest are just "worker bees" and are in charge of spreading the virus. The other diclonius which are born through Lucy's virus have their reproductive organ disabled. The virus only infects the male and will combine with the DNA of the baby to change it into a diclonius.
__________________

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Fate lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 17:39   Link #2186
bongky
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: On an island found at the equator beneath the home of the dragons
Wink Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica View Post
hi the names jessica im from gloucester and elfin lied cks havnt been abal to watch a lot thogh so do u now were i can watch it
Well..nice to meet your acquittance Jessica. The names Bong and if you wish to download the anime into your computer for future viewing, you can use E-mule to download the series. By the way, welcome to AnimeSuki and my compliments for having good eyesight for anime..^^
bongky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 17:43   Link #2187
bongky
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: On an island found at the equator beneath the home of the dragons
Dear Reno,

Are you saying that the scene where Kouta save Lucy was because of Nyuu?? How can that be possible?? Didn't Kouta save her because of love for Lucy? He did say he cherish the playmate during their childhood and he did wish to see her again although he had tried to forget about that frightful memory.
bongky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 19:21   Link #2188
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodagod View Post
You can watch the episodes here:
http://www.elfen-lied-tv.com/

And it doesn't hurt to write properly.
Wow I didn't know Elfen Lied was that famous. Actually, I do, but not to that extent. I'm wondering why this anime doesn't have a forum dedicated to it. It has over 100+ pages!
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 19:26   Link #2189
Reno
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: It's called Earth
Send a message via MSN to Reno
I knoww it would have helped me greatly. But then, if it did exist, I would never have came here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongky View Post
Are you saying that the scene where Kouta save Lucy was because of Nyuu?? How can that be possible?? Didn't Kouta save her because of love for Lucy? He did say he cherish the playmate during their childhood and he did wish to see her again although he had tried to forget about that frightful memory.
Yeah sort of... what I'm saying is, that scene wouldn't exist if Lucy was never Nyu, because Lucy would have been able to talk to Kouta in, like, the second episode or something. Which would be a shame because that last scene is just soo meaningful.
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 19:59   Link #2190
PastPrime
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Wow I didn't know Elfen Lied was that famous. Actually, I do, but not to that extent. I'm wondering why this anime doesn't have a forum dedicated to it. It has over 100+ pages!
And thats with a years worth of posts lost when the forum was hacked.
__________________

Lucy & Nyu, reincarnated as diclonius twins.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 04:38   Link #2191
bongky
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: On an island found at the equator beneath the home of the dragons
Smile To my good friend Reno...

A very good point. The last scene is indeed breath taking and at the same time heart shattering. Hmm...but if Nyu didn't appear, the anime might be able to twist from the manga and we might be able to see more of Lucy and Kouta together plus maybe we can learn more from Lucy why she wanted to apologize to Kouta so much to the extend she is willing to undergo all those suffering. I am also quite curious though why did Lucy change back to Nyu when Mayu hug her and ask her to stop although she didn't resemble Kouta in anyway.
bongky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 04:41   Link #2192
Fate lover
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Home of the Hornbills
Send a message via MSN to Fate lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime View Post
And thats with a years worth of posts lost when the forum was hacked.

Whoa, you mean AnimeSuki forum was hacked before and still remain so active??!! I must say, this is a very stubborn and hardworking forum. My best compliments to everyone


Quote:
Originally Posted by bongky View Post
Are you saying that the scene where Kouta save Lucy was because of Nyuu?? How can that be possible?? Didn't Kouta save her because of love for Lucy? He did say he cherish the playmate during their childhood and he did wish to see her again although he had tried to forget about that frightful memory.

He said he hated Lucy but loved Nyuu, I don't quite understand that part but I think he is trying to ask Lucy to become back to Nyuu so that they can live happily in Maple Inn. Correct me if I'm wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno View Post

Yeah sort of... what I'm saying is, that scene wouldn't exist if Lucy was never Nyu, because Lucy would have been able to talk to Kouta in, like, the second episode or something. Which would be a shame because that last scene is just so meaningful.
Same same although I don't quite understand the conversation even after watching it for the 12th time....Damn, I must be dumb or something Can anyone explain it to me.....thanks
__________________

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Fate lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 04:41   Link #2193
bongky
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: On an island found at the equator beneath the home of the dragons
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime View Post
And thats with a years worth of posts lost when the forum was hacked.
Sir...what did you mean when you say the forum was hacked?
bongky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 04:45   Link #2194
bongky
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: On an island found at the equator beneath the home of the dragons
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate lover View Post


He said he hated Lucy but loved Nyuu, I don't quite understand that part but I think he is trying to ask Lucy to become back to Nyuu so that they can live happily in Maple Inn. Correct me if I'm wrong


Hey dude...Kouta never did hate Lucy but in fact he loved her. This is shown quite clearly when Kouta ask the whereabout of Lucy at the festival as she did not arrive. He also spank her sister for calling Lucy bad things(although it was the truth) because he loved Lucy very dearly. So don't get it wrong. Kouta love both Lucy and Nyu although it is quite hard for me to say this as I am not so fond of Nyu.
bongky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 06:41   Link #2195
Fate lover
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Home of the Hornbills
Send a message via MSN to Fate lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongky View Post
Hey dude...Kouta never did hate Lucy but in fact he loved her. This is shown quite clearly when Kouta ask the whereabout of Lucy at the festival as she did not arrive. He also spank her sister for calling Lucy bad things(although it was the truth) because he loved Lucy very dearly. So don't get it wrong. Kouta love both Lucy and Nyu although it is quite hard for me to say this as I am not so fond of Nyu.
That's because Kouta don't know that Lucy is a psycho killer after the misunderstanding between him and Yuka. He don't love her, well maybe he does.....It is just because she was special that draws Kouta attention towards her. But in the end, he did confess that he love Lucy for who she was during her childhood and wish that she can regain the good-natured self. I think Nyu is quite adorable although she has an IQ of a kid... But in the manga, she grew quite intelligent.
__________________

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Fate lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 06:45   Link #2196
bongky
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: On an island found at the equator beneath the home of the dragons
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate lover View Post
That's because Kouta don't know that Lucy is a psycho killer after the misunderstanding between him and Yuka. He don't love her, well maybe he does.....It is just because she was special that draws Kouta attention towards her. But in the end, he did confess that he love Lucy for who she was during her childhood and wish that she can regain the good-natured self. I think Nyu is quite adorable although she has an IQ of a kid... But in the manga, she grew quite intelligent.
But you can't deny that Kouta liked Lucy a lot although he did his best to forget his childhood memories but yet in the end he still can't hide it as the impact Lucy made for Kouta was too big, either for the better or worse. Furthermore, Kouta admitted he love Lucy. This is shown quite clearly when Kouta halt Lucy who was trying to go away and ask her to forget her sad memories.
bongky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 06:48   Link #2197
Fate lover
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Home of the Hornbills
Send a message via MSN to Fate lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongky View Post
But you can't deny that Kouta liked Lucy a lot although he did his best to forget his childhood memories but yet in the end he still can't hide it as the impact Lucy made for Kouta was too big, either for the better or worse. Furthermore, Kouta admitted he love Lucy. This is shown quite clearly when Kouta halt Lucy who was trying to go away and ask her to forget her sad memories.
H mm...you got a point there but who Kouta love was Nyuu as stated in the manga and I think the manga is more reliable than the anime, hehe although I didn't watch it till finish cause not enough updates....
__________________

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Fate lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 06:50   Link #2198
bongky
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: On an island found at the equator beneath the home of the dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate lover View Post
H mm...you got a point there but who Kouta love was Nyuu as stated in the manga and I think the manga is more reliable than the anime, hehe although I didn't watch it till finish cause not enough updates....
But the anime is much more better than the manga as the ending of the anime was quite heart shattering and it shows love can happen in the most unpredicted way. That's why I support the anime more than the manga although it is undeniable that the manga is good but I still prefer the anime.
bongky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 08:34   Link #2199
Fate lover
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Home of the Hornbills
Send a message via MSN to Fate lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongky View Post
But the anime is much more better than the manga as the ending of the anime was quite heart shattering and it shows love can happen in the most unpredicted way. That's why I support the anime more than the manga although it is undeniable that the manga is good but I still prefer the anime.
Everything has its advantages and disadvantages. You probably don't know this but the anime was released before the manga was drawn finish, so we can't compare them cause that will lead to a misconception. I also prefer the anime more cause it don't have too much nudity and violence although the effect was nice and the ending is so damn GOOD!!!!! H mm, heard a second season might come up this October, hehe. Gonna keep my finger crossed....>< By the way, who do you think is prettier, Lucy, Nana, Mariko, Mayu, or Yuka?
__________________

Illyasviel Von Einzbern
Fate lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 08:56   Link #2200
Andarvi
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate lover View Post
By the way, who do you think is prettier, Lucy, Nana, Mariko, Mayu, or Yuka?
I'll go with Nana. Also to be able to live trough all she's been and remain a sweet kid at heart, she must be a very tough cookie.
Andarvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
drama, ecchi, horror, loli, romance, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.