AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-30, 18:55   Link #19081
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Need mah brain to keep functioning.

Anyway, here's a crack-induced possible scenario in GenerationS.

Spoiler for a part in GenerationS?:

*RUNS FROM NIGHTY*
And good crack it is . Interesting direction you're going there with the Tome of the Night Sky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
Eh, you'll have to ask XGouki about that. He uses a character named Shamsel Nagisa, just so ya know. Most of the EVA references I was gonna use are now fairly moot, and under-the-rug (cept for the soundtrack).
I read my name thus I have arrived.
Evangelion...hmm. I believe the the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Children have already been brought over into Outer Cadia by another person. Although not the same characters, they are somewhat similar. As for Shamsel, heavy Evangelion references with him (although I have been toying with the idea of bringing over Gendo or Kouzou...).

Quote:
Super Short: Inherent Skill

Spoiler for A Bad Day for Bad Guys:

Emili is scary when angry....and yet also so GAR .
Old 2008-01-30, 20:32   Link #19082
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
I'm sure we can arrange something . You can PM me if you want to try and work something out.
I see if I can come up with something anytime.

Quote:
You still have a brain left after all this crack?
Every OC creator has unlimited amount of brain after consuming cracks.

In before Unlimited Brain Works.

Quote:
Crack is good crack
Yes, I know.

@ Aaron: HOLY SHI- I smell interesting plot device.
Old 2008-01-31, 00:06   Link #19083
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
A suggestion on the Gravity Impact Cannon. No colored energy. Just ripple distortions. Gravity is seperate from the Electromagnetic Force, so it won't emit any form of light. It will merely bend light as it passes through the environment, which would be seen like looking through a glass of clear water.

Also, Gravity propogates at lightspeed. So if you're using direct projection, the moment you fire, the targets will simply SMASH. Alternative is packet launching, which launches condensed gravitational shells at more, conventional speeds.

Anyway. The carnage itself could be a little more drawn out, perhaps more graphic, maybe extend the description of just what she was doing between opening fire, and her finisher. The paragraph:
Spoiler for mindless violence is FUN!:

gets the gist, but doesn't hammer home the rage to the reader. Maybe triple the length of this segment for brutality points.

From about 'Oh no....' etc onward. A few things I would note:

1: Okay, she starts running, what's everyone else doing? Standing there? In a combat situation, one of them should at least 'attempt' to stop her from just dashing forward into the line of fire like a fool. You know, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"

2: Where'd everyone else in the scene go when she went berserk? Convenient Coffee Break? (Does chief take coffee breaks?) What is everyone else doing in the middle of this insane moment? What are their reactions? Doesn't Ivanovich have a witty line to throw in here? (He's a Sgt Johnson homage, he should have something to say.)

3: When you can, show, don't tell. When her eyes turn yellow, don't tell us what it means. SHOW us a Combat Cyborg, and We'll know it. It'll hit a LOT harder.
Spoiler for EXAMPLE::

Oops... perhaps going into depth like that was overkill.
Old 2008-01-31, 00:42   Link #19084
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
A suggestion on the Gravity Impact Cannon. No colored energy. Just ripple distortions. Gravity is seperate from the Electromagnetic Force, so it won't emit any form of light. It will merely bend light as it passes through the environment, which would be seen like looking through a glass of clear water.

Also, Gravity propogates at lightspeed. So if you're using direct projection, the moment you fire, the targets will simply SMASH. Alternative is packet launching, which launches condensed gravitational shells at more, conventional speeds.
To be fair; it's just a name. A misleading name, yes, but it's just a name. If you must know, I got the name from a similar weapon that doesn't appear to do anything with gravity. I'll probably change it (though not "Black Hole Cannon") to something more generic .

Quote:
Anyway. The carnage itself could be a little more drawn out, perhaps more graphic, maybe extend the description of just what she was doing between opening fire, and her finisher. The paragraph:
Spoiler for mindless violence is FUN!:
In my defense, I deliberately tried to make it short, but whatever. It's still good advice XD.

Quote:
gets the gist, but doesn't hammer home the rage to the reader. Maybe triple the length of this segment for brutality points.

From about 'Oh no....' etc onward. A few things I would note:

1: Okay, she starts running, what's everyone else doing? Standing there? In a combat situation, one of them should at least 'attempt' to stop her from just dashing forward into the line of fire like a fool. You know, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"

2: Where'd everyone else in the scene go when she went berserk? Convenient Coffee Break? (Does chief take coffee breaks?) What is everyone else doing in the middle of this insane moment? What are their reactions? Doesn't Ivanovich have a witty line to throw in here? (He's a Sgt Johnson homage, he should have something to say.)

3: When you can, show, don't tell. When her eyes turn yellow, don't tell us what it means. SHOW us a Combat Cyborg, and We'll know it. It'll hit a LOT harder.
1. This is lampshaded by Naomi later. Usually when Emili does something on her own, that means things die. Normally, when she leads a team, she actually does team-based things.

2. Everyone else is doing exactly as I said earlier. There were multiple targets, and the others are out taking down those targets. The plan was to then regroup and take out the enemy head on. Since Emili and Lance Flight got done with their target first, she decided to check up on Glen, since he was crazy enough to fly solo. So admittedly, this entire thing was his fault.

3. will remember for future reference.

Quote:

Not overkill.
Anyway, thanks for the advice and whatnot. I'll remember this for Alpha of course. I'll actually start using my prereader
Old 2008-01-31, 01:19   Link #19085
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

No problem. The number one thing I'd have to say for anyone writing is the same thing other writers hammered into me.

Show, don't tell.

If you can show it, do so, don't explain it, just do it, and it'll explain itself.
If that won't work, attatch it to a character's Point of View. Let THEM talk about it, or think about it.
And don't restate the obvious. In one of the examples I struck out, 'Emili's arm underwent a transformation', you had done just that. You told, and then you had shown us.
It's like watching transformers with the MST3K cast and every time they transformed, and then Crow would lean over to you as the robot was changing in front of you and say "Optimus Prime is transforming."

"Yeah, I noticed."

Now, you don't have to show every single time. But at least the first time something happens, you should show in detail. And when you've moved on, but have to do something again, you can tell to move past it. Just like when Hayate unleashes Hraesvelgr. The first time they show full details of the attack... then they skip away to other events, coming back only occaisionally as an 'Oh yeah, she's still attacking with Hraesvelger. This is like, the ninth set now.'

I just can't emphisize this point enough. It REHEHEALLY helps the flow of a story.
Old 2008-01-31, 01:35   Link #19086
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
I did? .......
Or was it Lowe? Basically I did not realize it until I had long made the post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
Ling-tan?

You're fine how you are... Just that I won't be among your readers
Sak-chan:

And that's saddening enough already. ()

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
You'd be surprised at how dangerous female drivers can be. *shakes head* I once saw a female driver in the left side of the highway cut all the way to the right, then all the way to a turnoff on the left, in less than a minute, driving almost totally diagonal across the road. (I am not making this up.)

Well, on the Warthogs: it depends on the model. See, the LRV Warthog only carries 3 because it's not supposed to get into fights; it's supposed to run fast and rely on speed and manuver to evade. Ditto the Gauss Warthog and the Rocket Warthog. On the other hand, the novel-only Warthog APC is basically a warthog stretch with bench seats for 8 people behind driver and shotgun seat, with more room in back.

As for Humvees - basic Humvees had light protection against small arms fire, but the extra armor is now due to IED and RPG protection. On the other hand, it makes the doors damned difficult to open; in fact, it's been reported that the Frag-5 armor kits make the doors too difficult to open, which is why the Army has had to issue a door opening mechanism.
Hmm... Looks like the APC works. We'll just work with the mages inside running barriers against incoming fire instead of hard-fixing frag kits.

*amends Riot 6 Orbat Chart and Assets List*
Quote:
...this sentance has just killed off Night of the Killer Tsunderes and the epilogue/final scene of Divergent StrikerS.
Yeah it's a pretty common misconception. Keroko-kun had to point it out himself.

But crack!Keroko is tsun, and I'm not gonna lay off the Keroko=Tsundere inneudoes (though completely not true) all over The Cleric series.

Quote:
I hope not; Chief is going to have some Big Damn Heroes and Utter Badass moments with a Scorpion in Divergent Strikers.

"Usually the good Lord works in mysterious ways. But not today! This here is 66 tons of straight-up, H.E-spewing dee-vine intervention! If God is love, then you can call me Cupid!"

"Thank you. He never gets me anything."

"Oh, I know what the ladies like..."
Well just invoke Martial Law again. I'm gonna do that really soon after StrikerS, as everyone's gonna want a piece of beheaded TSAB.

Quote:
That would be interesting...

Shamsel: Does that include me? Cause you already have the concept for...

Xgouki :Shhhh!

*goes on to work on secret emergency crack plans*

Quote:
Need mah brain to keep functioning.

*RUNS FROM NIGHTY*

Better run from Caster too. NOT to mention her Master as well, for screwing around with her imouto.
Old 2008-01-31, 02:30   Link #19087
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

ZETSUBOUSHITA!!!!!!

BACKLOG NI ZETSUBOUSHITA!!!!

*ehem*

Short backlog breaker

Quote:
Since people seem interested in the anger of Don, I skipped way ahead and wrote the scene for him that I had been thinking of since I materialized his concept.

Spoiler for WARNING: Profanity to the EXTREME:
Yup, Don's language is more colorful than a kaleidoscope's

Quote:
The crack gas is strong

Name: Ryotaro Nogami
TSAB Rank: 2nd Lieutenant
Birthday: August 06 MC 054
Place of Birth: Administered Planet 67
Height: 175 cm
Weight: 70 kg
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Mage Rank: B+
Magic Type: Mid-Childa
Magic Color: Grey
Magic Specialization: Physical
Combat Specialization: Close- and Mid-range Combat

Device Name: Den-O
Device Type: Prototype Multi-Intelligent Device
Device Primary Structure: Belt and Pass
Device Storage Form: Black card with a silver circle and side-ways lambda symbol
Device Appearance

Spoiler for For Length:

Personality

Spoiler for For Length:

Appearance

Spoiler for For Length:

Barrier Jacket

Spoiler for For Length:

Background

Spoiler for For Length:
A direct Den-O port?

ORE, SANJOU!!!!!!!!!

And Akira's gonna gush when she meets Ryotaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
As for Yui, she resembles a female version of EVA01/Razengan Overlord, but due to a bug in the Wizard pack software, Yui has the ability to use her flexi-screws normally meant for mounting Wizard packs to cannibalize enemy technology on the fly, like stealing Orga's sensor-suite helmet for better head protection and targeting, or snatching the Type-3's flight system to go airborne...

Yeah so given the right ingredients, Yui might be able to bring the 3rd Impact.

So Yui can now perform YUI IMPACT GATTAI on everyone?

*imagines Yui slamming into the Claudia*

*runs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Including being killed while demonstrating said point on someone who thought he was really out to kill her.

Spoiler for why you don't jumped trained and armed soldiers:
Yup, there are better ways to train recruits without getting yourself killed

Quote:

Spoiler for Battle climax:

Crash should star in a Final Destination film or something, just to see how many chain reactions he can initiate (I mean, what are the chances of a cartridge doing that? ).

Quote:

OK just a few new things to pull up:

The Cinque-gen Numbers

Taking this recent concept further, I propose a slight variation in their armor as well:

I need the additional hardpoints and glowing circuits for all the techy add-ons a "science weapon" (term of popular culture that means nothing IMO) should have. And she looks like an emo-Sein, no? Gives me ideas.
The Numbers in THAT?!

DO WANT

*runs*

Quote:

*RUNS FROM NIGHTY*
PLEASE DO WRITE MOAR

Wonder how Saga's gonna feel about this one

Quote:
Also, it might help to crank up DOWN UNDER by Men at Work.

Spoiler for Enter the Aces:
Strange song to use, though for the laid back tone of this chapter it's quite fitting

*Though I keep expecting kangaroos to show up for some reason *

And Rein needs allies for her Anti-Large Bugs campaign!

Quote:
Fair enough. What about Evangelion refferences? Are they open? I've pretty much physically cloned a certain german redhead to use as Fox, and made direct refferences as well. (Not a full character clone though, just a physical clone.)

Hells with it... read:

Spoiler for Second Children?:

Scene's not done yet...
Can't wait to see what this Asuka's capable off Strange that Crash also recognized her as the Second Child... yup, lots of Eva fans in MC it seems

Quote:
Spoiler for A Bad Day for Bad Guys:

So Emili is a Huckebein Mk1 now?

Though her entire IS reminds me of Vash the Stampede, though with less angst and most GAR

Good thing she didn't blow up the moon while she's at it

Quote:
Evangelion...hmm. I believe the the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Children have already been brought over into Outer Cadia by another person. Although not the same characters, they are somewhat similar.
That'd be me and the three AI's under Kaylin Although reminds me that I haven't really written much about them recently

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2008-01-31, 02:47   Link #19088
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Quote:

We have ourselves a Huckebein Mark 1 here.

===================

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
A direct Den-O port?

ORE, SANJOU!!!!!!!!!

And Akira's gonna gush when she meets Ryotaro
Akira's going to go all dere-dere all pumped up by the newcomer and challenges Ryotaro in a hotblooded duel.

In before dramatically wrong and accidental coupling.

*runs*

Quote:

*imagines Yui slamming into the Claudia*

*runs*
The imagination is limitless.

=============

Quote:
The Cinque-gen Numbers

Taking this recent concept further, I propose a slight variation in their armor as well:

Holy Crap Do Freaking Want The Number In This Suit

*runs*
Old 2008-01-31, 02:48   Link #19089
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
Akira's going dere-dere all pumped up by the newcomer and challenges Ryotaro in a hotblooded duel.
And then starts making hanging out around him more

*runs from Den-Liner*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2008-01-31, 02:53   Link #19090
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:

*runs from Den-Liner*
Isn't her OTP Ibis-is-love-chan?

And yes, emili is a huckbein. In terms of the canon, anyway.

I need to look for it... a photo Danny Ooi took at spring - or was it winter wonder fest - showed two girls in some game or something.

DRESSED IN NUMBERS CATSUIT.

As for power levels, if we were to use SRW terminology:

Master Chief: Huckbein 008R
Erick: Rasengan
Glen: Unknown - Alt Eisen Riese?
Emili: Weiss Ritter Rein with a Black Hole Cannon
Naomi: Weiss Ritter
Franz: Alt Eisen
Ivanovich: Huckbein MKII Protoype

....I think.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-01-31, 02:55   Link #19091
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Who says you can't have more than one?

*RUNS*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose
I need to look for it... a photo Danny Ooi took at spring - or was it winter wonder fest - showed two girls in some game or something.

WANT

Old 2008-01-31, 03:04   Link #19092
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Quote:

*runs from Den-Liner*
Quote:
Well, as an old advice has it:

"Why must choose one when we can have both?"

*RUNS FOR LIFE*

---------------------

Quote:

WANT NAO

*wipes drools & runs*

-------------------

Alright. I'm logging off. I see if I can come up with more madness (SPARTA!!!) that is Akira & Ibis-is-love tomorrow (short, maybe).

Oh, expect to see a fully refurbished Great Gurren Heavenly Red Brigade.

Kamina Kagami: GURREN LAGANN!! SPIN ON!! ORE WO DARE DATO OMOTTE!!!!

*cue Sorairo Days*

Ja matta, ne.

*logs off*
Old 2008-01-31, 03:12   Link #19093
SpaceBrotha
Wild card

Quote:
A nice example of "do what i say, not what i do" right there admiral
For your little battle moment with the aces clearly had fate on a coffee break long enough for Crash to completely forget her... even though her specialty is extremely speedy hit and runs, not sitting in the corner watching while people are charging their shots. Especially since those shots were aimed at nanoha...
And you didn't even have the convenient "but there were other targets" explanation that Kagerou has...

Quote:
Haha, yeah, it does seem like it's fanfiction for dummies...
So just a little less stating the obvious, though some should be there, especially on things that shouldn't be clear simply by watching the series...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R
*RUNS FROM NIGHTY*
But that's a very good name for the book, and i'm sure Saga would agree with me on that... why would nighty be *sees nighty* *duck and cover!*
Sayings and quotes hold wisdom in them. Either the wisdom is found in the correctness of the quote, or in the lesson learned from the error.
Hard part is figuring out who's making the errors...
Old 2008-01-31, 03:58   Link #19094
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
ZETSUBOUSHITA!!!!!!

BACKLOG NI ZETSUBOUSHITA!!!!

*ehem*

Short backlog breaker
Yeap its the time for season 2.

Quote:

Quote:
*Remembers Yui slamming into the Claudia*

*runs*
Fixed according to latest crack imported from My Name Is Tais into Rebuilt.

*runs*
Quote:
The Numbers in THAT?!

DO WANT

*runs*
Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post

Holy Crap Do Freaking Want The Number In This Suit

*runs*
"Your Command is my Wish."

~~~New intelligence data updated~~~

Crack destined for Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha AfterStrike AKA Der Kleriker Kronicles - Rückkehr des Königs:

Spoiler for Ow mah brain...:
:

*RUNS*
Old 2008-01-31, 04:00   Link #19095
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBrotha View Post
A nice example of "do what i say, not what i do" right there admiral
For your little battle moment with the aces clearly had fate on a coffee break long enough for Crash to completely forget her... even though her specialty is extremely speedy hit and runs, not sitting in the corner watching while people are charging their shots. Especially since those shots were aimed at nanoha...
And you didn't even have the convenient "but there were other targets" explanation that Kagerou has...
Oh trust me, there's another target. The battlespace in use IS the entire airspace around McGreggor Archipelligo. And the other opponent just so happens to be a hypersonic capable. (Remember what I was talking about bringing EDI into the mix?)

What I wrote was essentially just the very end of the Mock Battle. Something like, the last minute of a ten minute sequence. The way I plan it, EDI only goes down to Bardiche trickery around minute eight. (And by go down, I mean, tagged 'out' of the fight. Not litterally, goes down as in shot down.) But he's drawn fate far enough from Crash that it's become paired 1 on 1 combat. And with Crash as narrow minded as he is...

As for the pairing... well, SOMEONE has to give chase to a Mach 4 capable aircraft with a quantum proccessor AI. (I've garbled the name slightly. in STEALTH it was E.D.I. U.C.A.V . 'Extreme Deep Invader, Unmanned Combat Aireal Vehicle.' In this story, allthough the Engineer characters will be directly refferencing STEALTH as their inspiration for the design, this will be E.D.I. MADCAP: Enhanced Device Intelligence Magical Autonomous Drone Combat Assault Platform. )

So here's some data to chew on.

Spoiler for Sketchy:
Old 2008-01-31, 04:13   Link #19096
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Supaa Colaaful Posto!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
~~~New intelligence data updated~~~

Crack destined for Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha AfterStrike AKA Der Kleriker Kronicles - Rückkehr des Königs:

Spoiler for Ow mah brain...:
:

*RUNS*
HOLY SHI-

Asagi: SUGHOI!!!

SUGHOI DESHOU!!!!!

DEKKAI UTSUKUSHII DESU!!!!!

[It's really beautiful!!!!!!]

Maybe we should do a Lancenger vs. Belkaranger vs. Numbaranger Special

And special appearance by the Zerstrorangers!!!!!!!!

*runs*

Old 2008-01-31, 04:20   Link #19097
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Quote:

*runs*
DENIED!!!
By order of The Emperor.
Old 2008-01-31, 04:41   Link #19098
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
DENIED!!!
By order of The Emperor.
Under Whose Emperor?!

My authority comes from the God Empress of the Holy Belka Imperalium herself!

*runs*

She really hasn't made an appearance here in the thread where she spawned hasn't she?

Old 2008-01-31, 04:53   Link #19099
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
HOLY SHI-

Asagi: SUGHOI!!!

SUGHOI DESHOU!!!!!

DEKKAI UTSUKUSHII DESU!!!!!

[It's really beautiful!!!!!!]

indeed.

Wait till you see the full Numbarenger squad. There's supposed to be 13.

Aurion: Trieze! Put more spirit into that! Quatre! Watch yourt balance! And Settie stop slacking!!!

Quote:

*runs*
25 Super Mahou Sentai...

The dimension will be torn asunder from all that power...

DO WANT

*runs*

Quote:
Under Whose Emperor?!

My authority comes from the God Empress of the Holy Belka Imperalium herself!

*runs*
As it is to I! HAIL HARUHI!

Quote:
She really hasn't made an appearance here in the thread where she spawned hasn't she?
She's like God, once She makes an appearance, we might all stop worshipping her...
Old 2008-01-31, 05:34   Link #19100
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Double post FTW! Cos the wait IS OVER!
Spoiler for DAIKAZOKU!:
Cheesy, Power-Ranger inspired dialogue, plus Skane was OOC, but the rest is .

*RUNS*