AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 294 62.96%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 93 19.91%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 40 8.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 4.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 1.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.21%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.21%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.21%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.21%
1 out of 10 : Painful 8 1.71%
Voters: 467. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-08-18, 04:27   Link #1041
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slighted View Post
I definitely agree with the sentiment that the OotBK betrayed LL a little too hastily. I'm kinda hoping they'll be crawling back to him before the season is over - if not, I hope all of them except Kallen and Lakshata are killed in some way.

Agh! There are no clues to the next episode's plot in the next episode preview other than Gino held at spear point for some reason and supposedly the subjugation of the UFN/OotBK.

EDIT: And the the eff is the 'Ragnarok Connection'? I'm sure it's related to finding/destroying specific/all geass users in a certain radius.
I'm actually wondering if the threat of getting killed would actually be enough to entice Lakshata to stand up and run. Seriously, when is the last time we've seen her actually standing?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 04:28   Link #1042
Kanzaki Urumi

good ep once again. Confused about several things.

"Nunnally, Shirly, Rolo.." - what? Euphy dont mean a thing to Lelouch?

"hand Zero to us" - Schnizel, and wtf is Toudou-tachi firing/executing Zero, when Zero was just standing there doing nothing???? Isnt it handing Zero over the condition so that Brittania will give them Japan back? Ah i see, i guess Schnizel forgot to mention that he wanted them to hand him Zero alive.

cant wait for the next ep.
Kanzaki Urumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 04:29   Link #1043
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I'm actually wondering if the threat of getting killed would actually be enough to entice Lakshata to stand up and run. Seriously, when is the last time we've seen her actually standing?
That couch of hers probably has levitation built in.
Old 2008-08-18, 04:29   Link #1044
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
I definitely agree with the sentiment that the OotBK betrayed LL a little too hastily. I'm kinda hoping they'll be crawling back to him before the season is over - if not, I hope all of them except Kallen and Lakshata are killed in some way.

Agh! There are no clues to the next episode's plot in the next episode preview other than Gino held at spear point for some reason and supposedly the subjugation of the UFN/OotBK.

EDIT: And the the eff is the 'Ragnarok Connection'? I'm sure it's related to finding/destroying specific/all geass users in a certain radius.
They didn't give Lelouch a chance to tell his own side of the story. Ougi was very persuasive.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 04:34   Link #1045
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
I watched the episode twice. Quick note... SOMEONE TIPPED OFF ROLLO!!!

Someone at the meeting with Schneizel tipped off Rollo. They were pretty quick to act. And would probably not have told Rollo about what they were going to do. Viletta knows what's up.

My guess is that Diethard could have tipped him off. Diethard has likely known Zero is Lelouch, for ages now. He is a "whatever it takes" kind of guy. Remember when he was pushing Zero to marry Tianzi. He couldn't have gone against the group without endangering himself. And he's the type of guy who would not have objected to a lot of the terrible things Zero ordered the Order to do.

Diethard has Rollo on speed dial. He did work with Sayoko.

Diethard may still be loyal. . .
Rolo's a stalker, and given that they were meeting in one of the warehouses, he probably caught wind of what they were doing. Still, I wouldn't put it past Diethard to do something like that. Maybe that's why he got the beating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
There is a small chance Villetta would be horrified at what a stupid thing Ougi has done, and tell him to escape the country before Britannia crushes them. After all, she can't be ignorant of what Britannia is planning; make a deal so China and India will cut BK off, then flatten them like pancakes when the BK realized they can't escape to China anymore.
Nah, she was all for it. She might clue them in if Britannia decides to no longer honor the deal, though.
Old 2008-08-18, 04:35   Link #1046
LordLabyrinth
Confused like hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
That couch of hers probably has levitation built in.
It's her Guren Hoover-Couch v1.05 that transforms into Mecha!
LordLabyrinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 04:36   Link #1047
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanzaki Urumi View Post
good ep once again. Confused about several things.

"Nunnally, Shirly, Rolo.." - what? Euphy dont mean a thing to Lelouch?

"hand Zero to us" - Schnizel, and wtf is Toudou-tachi firing/executing Zero, when Zero was just standing there doing nothing???? Isnt it handing Zero over the condition so that Brittania will give them Japan back? Ah i see, i guess Schnizel forgot to mention that he wanted them to hand him Zero alive.

cant wait for the next ep.
Unless.... someone in the order decided to let him escape with this life. Diethard knows of Rollo's power. They could have had an offscreen meeting and decided they couldn't sink to his level and made sure to give him a chance to make a run for it.

Remember, the FLEIJA bomb was onboard. Schneizel was waiting. They had to hand over the goods to save themselves from an attack. They had to agree. But they would have not handed over Zero. They would never trust Brittania or Schneizel. Giving them Lelouch dead or alive would take away their greatest source of power... so they let him run away in spite of what he did.

Remember, the Black Knights hate Brittania and would never trust Schneizel. Brittania has totally raped japan. And no matter what Zero has done, it doesn't compare to what Charles and Brittania have done. Brittania's track record with them is not exemplary, they would never believe Schneizel would give them back Japan. Toudou and Diethard know Lelouch's history. They know of why he would rebel against his father and homeland.

During an offscreen meeting they could have designed this plan to let him escape. It's kind of astonishing how Rollo dropped in on cue.

Last edited by mechalord; 2008-08-18 at 04:48.
Old 2008-08-18, 04:49   Link #1048
Slighted

Quote:
I watched the episode twice. Quick note... SOMEONE TIPPED OFF ROLLO!!!

Someone at the meeting with Schneizel tipped off Rollo. They were pretty quick to act. And would probably not have told Rollo about what they were going to do. Viletta knows what's up.

My guess is that Diethard could have tipped him off. Diethard has likely known Zero is Lelouch, for ages now. He is a "whatever it takes" kind of guy. Remember when he was pushing Zero to marry Tianzi. He couldn't have gone against the group without endangering himself. And he's the type of guy who would not have objected to a lot of the terrible things Zero ordered the Order to do.

Diethard has Rollo on speed dial. He did work with Sayoko.

Diethard may still be loyal. . .
Just remember that Rolo has the ability to stop time so he may just time hacked his way to LL. Also he was sitting around in one of the 'storage rooms', he could have noticed OotBK setting up their betrayal.

Diethard is a pretty straightforward guy though. If he still believed in Zero he wouldn't have participated in the betrayal - if anything he would have been sticking up for LL till the very end.
Slighted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 04:50   Link #1049
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Way to go Rolo! You've just redeemed yourself in the hearts of Rolo-haters. RIP.

That's a very sad moment, overusing his Geass just to save a fake brother.... Sigh..
So one of the Hitomi songs now belongs to Rolo...

Btw, what's up with Suzaku trying to imitate Lelouch's insane laughter...?
Old 2008-08-18, 04:51   Link #1050
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Btw, what's up with Suzaku trying to imitate Lelouch's insane laughter...?
He needs some way to cope. Lulu does so with vendettas. Suzaku's got nothing.
Old 2008-08-18, 04:52   Link #1051
LordLabyrinth
Confused like hell

Quote:
Just remember that Rolo has the ability to stop time so he may just time hacked his way to LL. Also he was sitting around in one of the 'storage rooms', he could have noticed OotBK setting up their betrayal.

Diethard is a pretty straightforward guy though. If he still believed in Zero he wouldn't have participated in the betrayal - if anything he would have been sticking up for LL till the very end.
If I recall correctly, Rolo doesn't actually stop time but rather stops human perception of time. It isn't exactly the same thing in the sense that Rolo can't actually stop bullets or make falling objects stop. He can however make people think time had stopped. There is a difference there.
Old 2008-08-18, 04:58   Link #1052
yondy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
well lulu was doing his best to prevent her from understanding him
if she had figured out that it was a lie right when he told it then what would have been the point
so instead he just put on his best evil basterd mask and acted like a total ass
he didnt do it for fun or in an attempet to go down singing
he did his best to say just the right thing at just the right moment (right after she asked him what she means to him) which hit just the right spot for massive damage
the fact that she asked him what she means to him let him know that she was still unsure of his feelings about her and that lying about it was the only thing that would make her leave (thus saving her life)
the guy is an world class expert at lying after all and kallen isnt that hard to read
and she figured out he was lying (and why) the second he dropped the act
she was turning around when the shinkiro landed
You see, ever since Suzaku managed to see through Lulu's lies, everyone has been expecting for Kallen to do the same thing. Which is unfair for her.

Suzaku was Lulu's best friend, when they were kids. So obviously he knows him very well, compare to kallen who just heard stories from Nunnaly, and the fact that she hasn't really gotten a chance to spend much time with the real Lulu even back at the school. And it was also easier for Suzaku to see through Lulu's lies, when they're just the two of them at the shrine, while kallen just got rejected in front of Ougi and the others.
yondy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 04:58   Link #1053
NoLongerSane

I just finished seeing this episode and I thought it was done in a splendid way. So the Order of the Black Knights decide to turn in their leader due to Schneizel providing damning information on Lulu. One can sympathize with their reasons but the group would not be where they are at if it had not been for Lulu's intelect. Also, since the Order is turning in the Prince in exchange for getting Japan back, does this not interfer in Suzaku's own plans on getting Japan back to the people. What I found really interesting was Nina's reaction of having her weapon used. In the previous episode, she was literally screaming at Suzaku to fire the bomb, now in this one she is sorry for ever building the weapon in the first place. It nice to know that Cornillia got to clear her sister's name in this episode to an extent, but I wonder how she will react when learns that the bomb was built in Euphie's memory. You can erase the massacure that Euphie did in R1 since she was geassed, but now you can add on the millions dead that was done in her memory.

Last edited by NoLongerSane; 2008-08-18 at 05:04. Reason: Mixed up Cornillia with Villetta
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 04:59   Link #1054
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:

Diethard is an underhanded guy. He spies on everyone. He used Sayoko to spy on Ashford Academy, he blackmailed Ougi, he participated in extorting Viletta. He's their spymaster and he's shady as hell. He's a liar, too. He's a "whatever it takes" kind of guy. Diethard was the one who wanted Zero to marry Tianzi.

Diethard likes theatrics and smoke and mirrors just like Lelouch. This is one of the reasons he was drawn to him.

Diethard probably has hidden cameras in Zero's room. Diethard likes to know everything. Diethard probably knows about the Geass cult, for all we know. His character has been established as being extremely intelligent, perceptive, restrained, and devious.

It would be a nice "twist" if they Black Knights just staged the whole "execution" to let him escape. They may use this time to avenge those killed by the Fleija bomb.

Also, the Mordred was lured out... a good time to jump Schneizel guards, steal the bomb, and have Laksharta analyze it. Nagisa didn't seem to be at the "execution" either. Laksharta, Nagisa, and team of soldiers blitz the transport?

Nagisa was one of those that most doubted Lelouch, why would she miss the show? She isn't even in a robot. Where is Laksharta?

Last edited by mechalord; 2008-08-18 at 05:16.
Old 2008-08-18, 05:08   Link #1055
LordLabyrinth
Confused like hell

Quote:
Diethard is an underhanded guy. He spies on everyone. He used Sayoko to spy on Ashford Academy, he blackmailed Ougi, he participated in extorting Viletta. He's their spymaster and he's shady as hell. He's a liar, too. He's a "whatever it takes" kind of guy. Diethard was the one who wanted Zero to marry Tianzi.

Diethard likes theatrics and smoke and mirrors just like Lelouch. This is one of the reasons he was drawn to him.

Diethard probably has hidden cameras in Zero's room. Diethard likes to know everything. Diethard probably knows about the Geass cult, for all we know. His character has been established as being extremely intelligent, perceptive, restrained, and devious.
I would like to quote my earlier post in response to this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLabyrinth View Post
Diethard betrayed Zero a little too fast. Of all the black knights, Diethard was one person I thought who wouldn't have cared who Zero is or has done. It's not like Diethard was ever troubled by moral or ethical dilemma. If anything, wouldn't Lelouch being the youngest son of the Britannia royal family make his story even more epic? The youngest son betrayed by his own father dons the mask of justice to lead the rebellion that will forever change the world! (Although the whole mask of justice is very loosely termed ). That story would be much more grand for Diethard to chronicle than say some japanese dude who got tired of oppression found a halloween mask on the eve of October 31 and decided to fight against the Britannian empire.

Unless Zero being betrayed by the Black Knights is part of his chronicle. What if Diethard thought things were going too smoothly for Zero and his story is getting a little dull. So he incites even more anger and hatred against Zero just so that Zero will be betrayed. If Zero manages to overcome this betrayal and rises stronger than ever, Diethard will have one hell of an epic to chronicle. Of course he might end up on being Zero's "To Kill" list but that would be a small price to pay for the privilege of writing about the greatest rebellion ever.
Old 2008-08-18, 05:10   Link #1056
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Turn 19 is sad.

This episode has one character added to my fav. list (Rolo = show of true loyalty) and one added to my hate list (Ohgi = ungrateful bastard ).

And I predict Lelouch will gain new allies (Gino perhaps?) on his quest to take down his father Charles on the next episodes.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 05:17   Link #1057
yondy

Hey don't forget about that Schneizel gay, err.. guy. That sneaky bastard has to go down as well.
yondy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 05:22   Link #1058
Grandmaster Moron

Wait wait what? Diethard knew about Geass? Wasn't this guy just as surprised as the rest?
Grandmaster Moron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 05:24   Link #1059
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandmaster Moron View Post
Wait wait what? Diethard knew about Geass? Wasn't this guy just as surprised as the rest?
He's known since the Black Rebellion, or at least had an idea.
Old 2008-08-18, 05:30   Link #1060
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

I am predicting a big twist... the spoilers don't cover what happens after this episode.

PREDICTIONS:
- black knights staged the "execution" to let Zero/Lelouch esczpe
- Diethard and Toudou explain Lelouch's past to the others in an offscreen conversation
- both are disgusted by what he did but agree that his devotion to the cause is authentic even though his methods have been extreme.
- they know they are checked. Their only bargaining chip is Lelouch, now. If Brittania gets him dead or alive, it's over. Schneizel will parade his prize around like a trophy and display Zero as a dead corpse or caged animal. They know there is no reason for Schneizel to keep his word and they know he is less than genuine for the way he treated Tamaki. He is too much of a butt kisser.
- they agree to let Lelouch live and let him escape in order for him to be a thorn on Brittania's side.
- Nagisa, Laksharta, and a team of Black Knights rush the transport as Mordred leaves. They steal the bomb. Black Knights disguise themselves as the enterage of guards and take Schneizel back to his ship.
- Guren is geared up. Diethard sends message to Jeremiah to stay away.
- they plan to use the captured bomb against Brittania.
- the cover of the fake guards is eventually blown and they find out the bomb is gone.
- Diethard relishes his victory. He made a fool out of Schneizel.
- Schneizel is disappointed and decides to engage the black knights.
- Kallen is told to go to Lelouch. Some of the others put things together. They went to school together and probably undestand why she is so loyal. They figure it out.
- Black Knights tell Schneizel that Laksharta has figured out how the bomb works and will use it against them. They are also sharing the information with their allies. They bluff to buy Laksharta time.
- Schneizel is ticked off.