AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Regios

Notices

View Poll Results: Regios - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 16 25.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 39.06%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 7.81%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.13%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-24, 03:09   Link #81
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
Second, what do Filth monsters eat? Doesn't seem like there's much food in Regios. The one in this Ep must have waited for days till a tiny human came to eat him. Is it a flaw? Or later on will it be explained (in the novel, perhaps? Like how Filth monsters can...absorbing sunlight for example. Or someone is feeding them ).
Filth monsters eat filth. No, really.
They are the only being on the planet that can consume filth as nutrition.
Old 2009-02-24, 03:15   Link #82
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Yeah and they're eating "humans" as Kei-source and for some rare materials?Maybe possible...
Somehow i think the Kei is similar to Yoki from Claymore exept that the Kei is more like direct energy than an energy form that just moves the youma parts.
Old 2009-02-24, 03:27   Link #83
slidingk1

Leerin is the match that will surely light the fire that is the harem. I'm still hoping that she wins but I have a strong doubt she will win sadly.
Old 2009-02-24, 08:53   Link #84
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard
There's some questions popped up in my mind after watching this Ep. First thing first, how do they train their Kei? There certainly have been parts about utilizing Kei and psychic ability most effectively, but how do you increase it (I know Felli power can't increase, but what about Kei?)
I'd say you can a strong kei by either properly train it, or given by birth. The thing that you could do is how to manage your kei properly and use it efficiently.

Fon-fon is around 15, quite young but already had a enormous amount of Kei and strong enough to earn him the title Heaven Blade at the age around 10-12 years old, a special and priviliged position which are currently held by young and old people if you look at ep 1.

Felli if I'm not mistaken is a nen-i user instead kei, meant as combat intelligence and reconnasaince.
Old 2009-02-24, 09:02   Link #85
aesthetic
Violinist/Pianist

about this episode..

all i can say is that..

Spoiler for comment:

about "love"..
Spoiler for who?:
Old 2009-02-24, 10:04   Link #86
Maximum Penetration

Spoiler for this episode:

Damn i can't wait for the next team battle!
Old 2009-02-24, 10:31   Link #87
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
I'd say you can a strong kei by either properly train it, or given by birth. The thing that you could do is how to manage your kei properly and use it efficiently.

Felli if I'm not mistaken is a nen-i user instead kei, meant as combat intelligence and reconnasaince.
Well, i know that. The thing is how do you train increase the total amount of Kei you have. Just physical training sounds dumb to me. If not fixed from birth, normally either it will increase naturally (Demon and Youkai), or suddenly receive massive power from holy/unholy relic, or there will be special breathing/self-purifying method, etc, etc...
Old 2009-02-24, 11:00   Link #88
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ”Cinocard”
Well, i know that. The thing is how do you train increase the total amount of Kei you have. Just physical training sounds dumb to me. If not fixed from birth, normally either it will increase naturally (Demon and Youkai), or suddenly receive massive power from holy/unholy relic, or there will be special breathing/training method, etc, etc...
Well if you put it that way, in Layfon’s case I guess he’s born and gifted with it. Seeing how he manage to be a Heaven Blade at such young age. All he had to do back then is to learn managing it and channels them properly. While on upgrading/increasing it, I guess for people like Layfon it’ll just increase naturally with regards on the kei flow inside his body.

I’m guessing all Heaven Blades are like Layfon, they were gifted by birth for such an enormous kei. Layfon mentioned to Nina to train about kei footing, but I assume that kind training could apply to almost anybody who’s a military artist regardless how much kei they had.

But could an average joe with a normal kei could increase his’ into a Heaven Blade level or at least higher with a normal training? I have no idea.

I’m actually curious how they grade students or warriors in Zuellni. It seems like people in the military arts are the highest caste given that they receive almost no tuition fee and considered to be an elite if you’re in a platoon. Is this ‘grading’ also depends on the amount of kei they had? If that’s the case, what if a person has an enormous amount of raw kei but don’t know how to properly utilize it? Is that considered to be an elite?

For Heaven Blades, I guess they have a large amount of Kei, and know how to use it effectively in battle.
Old 2009-02-24, 20:18   Link #89
Nosauz

reminds me of mahburaho type system, but on a more relevant note, why doesn't layfon just get it on with naruki, shes by far the most sensible of all the girls, and hes already snuck his way on to second base.
Old 2009-02-25, 00:32   Link #90
Enternal

Woah! My post got deleted! Well, whatever since it was not related with the anime anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
reminds me of mahburaho type system, but on a more relevant note, why doesn't layfon just get it on with naruki, shes by far the most sensible of all the girls, and hes already snuck his way on to second base.
Perhaps because she's much more of a friend than anything. Even how she reacts is just really friendly and nothing more than that.
Old 2009-02-25, 00:51   Link #91
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
I’m actually curious how they grade students or warriors in Zuellni. It seems like people in the military arts are the highest caste given that they receive almost no tuition fee and considered to be an elite if you’re in a platoon. Is this ‘grading’ also depends on the amount of kei they had? If that’s the case, what if a person has an enormous amount of raw kei but don’t know how to properly utilize it? Is that considered to be an elite?

For Heaven Blades, I guess they have a large amount of Kei, and know how to use it effectively in battle.
Actually, in the CSR manga it is revealed that apart from being distributed in platoons and battling each other to determine their positions in inter-city matches they also have to take the normal curriculum like how the rest of the students do. They all study different streams of arts whilst being educated under one general curriculum, and that's from my assumption.

As for platoon match-ups, I think it's how you do battles and how you fare with it. If you have terrible kei control despite having a monstrous amount of it but still can manage battles greatly then you are already good, what's left is to hone your kei control to a better degree.
Old 2009-02-25, 00:59   Link #92
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Actually, in the CSR manga it is revealed that apart from being distributed in platoons and battling each other to determine their positions in inter-city matches they also have to take the normal curriculum like how the rest of the students do. They all study different streams of arts whilst being educated under one general curriculum, and that's from my assumption.

As for platoon match-ups, I think it's how you do battles and how you fare with it. If you have terrible kei control despite having a monstrous amount of it but still can manage battles greatly then you are already good, what's left is to hone your kei control to a better degree.
Heh. It makes sense if they also have to take the normal curriculum as well as the military curriculum.

Wow, that makes Layfon seem more of a monster. Not only does he have a ridiculous amount of kei, he even have a lot of control.
Old 2009-02-25, 01:23   Link #93
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
Heh. It makes sense if they also have to take the normal curriculum as well as the military curriculum.

Wow, that makes Layfon seem more of a monster. Not only does he have a ridiculous amount of kei, he even have a lot of control.
Of course he does! Else he won't go spouting that "kei footing" and the "disorder in Nina's kei footing" to her in this episode, and any Dites he wield will break as soon as he taps into his Kei power due to his enormous power XD
Old 2009-02-25, 01:31   Link #94
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ”Soul Assassin”
This is plausible and I agree. So Zuellni has a general curriculum that requires all students to follow and participate regardless their specialization (be it military, general arts, liberal arts or any other). Like college in general (Zuellni Academic/College City, DUH).

Well, each arts seems to have their own grouping as well. Example for military arts, seems like it’s divided into:

(i) military, which include soldiering and hence participate in inter-platoon city matches or defense of the city against Filth Bugs should the situation arises. So far they work as team in form of squad or platoon with number designation. This seems like the ‘elite’ class on the military arts specialization. Again this group is also divided into several role such as kei user (fon-fon, Nina) or nen-I user (Felli).

(ii) civil order, which is to maintain order within the city premises. I guess this is the city police where Narki fits in.

(iii) other, if there are any that we don’t know yet. Heck what if Heaven Blades are considered one man army and have a different role?

Now where does Harley fits in this. He’s with the Alchemic Research Lab, I’m guessing it’s also part of the military arts considering they seems responsible on research and developing dites, weapons for kei and nen-I users.

Anyway, I believe that other than military arts, each arts have their own grouping as well. We just don’t know it yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ”Soul Assassin”
What immediately pops in my mind is this:

A guy with huge raw kei:

a. - He knows how to manage it, and wins matches = he’s good.
- He knows how to manage it, and lose matches = he’s bad.

b. – He doesn’t know how to manage it, and wins matches = he’s good.
- He doesn’t know how to manage it, and loses matches = he’s bad.

I guess this way it depends on the result, but somehow it would be unfair on point a if he loses lol. I’m still thinking about this anyway…..
Old 2009-02-25, 01:36   Link #95
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

... I guess, our talks here are starting to be more generic rather than being focused to the episodes; so I'll just bring your points to Regios's generic discussion thread for further talks.
Old 2009-02-25, 01:40   Link #96
TrueKnight

lmao you're right....I just happen to realize it. This thread supposed to be about episode 7.
Old 2009-02-25, 09:45   Link #97
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
lmao you're right....I just happen to realize it. This thread supposed to be about episode 7.
Well you wouldn't be having this discussion if it wasn't for episode 7, probably.

The thing that most surprised me about this series is that it got its own sub-forum. I only just realized this occurred so you can imagine my slight excitement.

Actually I think Felli might have fainted from exhaustion. If you'll recall, Fon-Fon was fighting that Filth Monster for more than a day. My guess is that she didn't go to sleep at all until they were coming back, and not entirely by her choice. They don't exactly hide the fact that Felli has feelings for Fon-Fon, or at least she cares about his well-being a good deal. I noticed some, at least slight, confusion about this so I thought I'd leave my guess as to why it happened.

The best thing about Regios is the fact that it actually has a girl who is smart enough to not mind having her breasts grabbed accidentally. In fact, I think she almost encourages Fon-Fon to grab her.
Old 2009-02-25, 18:45   Link #98
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

yeah, Nina is a tsundere. she's still rather annoying. I still like Felli and Naruki more than her. I'm going for Lillin and Layfon, but i can't really solidify my choice until she gets introduced. It seems she has some screen time next ep. so i'm all for that.

Contrary to the type of character that i dislike, Nina is somewhat useful, compared to the type that wants to be, but isn't. so that gets her some points. but her attitude and desire to do more than she knows she can gets her in trouble. like this ep. "this is the world you've always seen?" she's probably like, OMGWTF when the monster was about to eat her.

Felli won major points this ep. she obviously cares for him. i wouldn't mind it the series went this way.

next ep seems to be one of those "i'm a strong guy, gar. i don't like this new strong guy, so i'll piss on him. but then the new strong guy is like 100x more gar than me and will probably have to save me." speaking from the perspective of the 5th platoon leader.
Old 2009-02-25, 19:31   Link #99
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I have to give it Layfon to fight that long and that hard was worthy of praise. He strategy was sound too. The whole point was to protect the city the filth monster can fly get rid of its wings and keep the S O B on the ground and take it out on the ground.

It was nice to see the squad work together even Felli got involved and exhausted herself. This episode proved that no matter how strong you are team work is always a great option. Once again the plan was sound the damn monster was so big trap in a small space where it cant move. It sucks that someone had to be the bait but it worked. It was one of the simplest and oldest strategies in the book. Take away an enemies advantage by forcing it to fight in a space where it cant utilize its abilities.

I liked this episode because of squad coming together and winning big as a team.
Old 2009-02-25, 19:48   Link #100
TrueKnight

Fon-fon mentioned that he even doesn't know how to work as a team because he always work alone most of the time. This episode teaches Fon-fon how to work as a team with Nina on the helm and rest of the squad. I guess when against mature Filth Bugs the team will have to go again with the formula: Nina - bait, Sharnid - distraction, Felli - surveillance, Harley – blacksmith, Fon-fon – went for the kill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey
"i'm a strong guy, gar. i don't like this new strong guy, so i'll piss on him. but then the new strong guy is like 100x more gar than me and will probably have to save me."
I hope Fon-fon kicks his ass hard next ep but I'll reserve my judgment on his character. I'm more curious about this 'Lost City' they mention.
Closed Thread