AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-07, 13:26   Link #381
RainbowMagnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I have not read the source material but I am enjoying this adaption to. Honestly though I sympathize with Sol because I've been there.

It's possible the anime while very good is not as strong as the original and for fans that can be disappointing. Although as an anime only fan for this series I see it as an introduction of a great work. If at the end of the anime I want more Ill check out the manga. People are enjoying the anime so I see that as only good promotion for the series whether it lives up to the manga in fan views or not.

My only disappointment is I heard Sasayan & Natsume have a larger part in the manga. As someone who is a fan of them in the anime I am disappointed I could be getting more of them but I'm not.
Wait... what? I'm a manga-reader and their role is pretty much the same in the anime as in the manga. The only thing they cut so far is some interaction between Natsume and Haru. Maybe the person is talking about the bits that find place a little further in the manga, which we won't reach because the anime is 1-cour.

Also, I think the anime is the superior version so far imo, even though I love the manga to bits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorsism View Post
Enjoyable episode, they're pretty much adapting chapter for chapter here. A little concerned about how they're going to end and if they go chapter by chapter, the series will end around chapter 15~ which is an odd place to stop at. C'mon second season!
I think chapter 16 is a pretty good stopping point. I wish this was 2-cour though, so we could stop at chapter 26, which would be the perfect place to end the adaption
RainbowMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 14:54   Link #382
Excorsism

If there's one thing the anime fails to deliver, it's the fact that some things aren't emphasized as much as they should be. This actually pertains more towards Sasayan because he's already set in stone as the "observer" of the group, so to speak. I don't think this counts a manga spoiler but the small panels that focuses on Sasayan's expressions do tell a lot about what kind of person is he and his position in the group. It doesn't help that the anime doesn't bother to emphasize any of that (episode 4 was probably the biggest offender).

I guess when adapting shoujos, these little subtleties can make or ruin the anime for some people. For me, it isn't too bad but it's a little disappointing at the same time.
Old 2012-11-07, 22:04   Link #383
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
As a manga reader I have to say I'm very pleased with the anime adaptation. It's true that some of the nuances and extra scenes have been cut, but overall I think they are doing a pretty good job of compression and maintaining the heart of the manga.

It's actually one of the more faithful adaptations I've seen.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 23:08   Link #384
jte742

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowMagnet View Post
I think chapter 16 is a pretty good stopping point. I wish this was 2-cour though, so we could stop at chapter 26, which would be the perfect place to end the adaption
What are the chances that this gets a second season? It totally deserves it - I am really enjoying this so far. It balances off-the-wall humor and serious emotion very well.
jte742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 23:15   Link #385
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jte742 View Post
What are the chances that this gets a second season? It totally deserves it - I am really enjoying this so far. It balances off-the-wall humor and serious emotion very well.
Depends; does Brain Base like it as much as they like Natsume Yuujinchou?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 15:20   Link #386
ookamigirl

Haru remembering his aunt.
It was nice learning something new about his past.
Still, it's nice he didn't give up on Shizuku and even confessed.
She almost freaked out, but she's not an ordinary girl.
Those two really make a great couple.
Haru is still hopeless when it comes to Shizuku.
She's on the other hand in denial when it comes to Haru.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 16:11   Link #387
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

What's going on? When one of them takes a step forward, the other takes two steps backward. They're never going to go anywhere at this rate. And why is Oshima giving romantic advice to Haru? I don't understand these people

It was still a very good episode despite the seeming lack of progress (actually, there is some, but it's going to take a while before it leads to anything). We learned a bit more about Haru's past and I feel I'm getting closer to understanding him, even if he still remains a humongous oddball. He's just... so weird. A "monster", indeed, in a sense.

The final scene of the episode was incredibly sweet. Shizuku's cuteness never ceases to amaze me. Geez, Shizuku, just admit your own feelings already! You did it once before, you can do it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Depends; does Brain Base like it as much as they like Natsume Yuujinchou?
More importantly, will it sell as much?
Old 2012-11-12, 16:18   Link #388
RainbowMagnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jte742 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
More importantly, will it sell as much?
It's looking pretty bad right now. It wil probably sell ~2000. Kamisama Hajimemashita is on track to being the best selling shoujo this season.

On topic, Natsume was fucking awesome again this episode.

Spoiler for haha:

Also, the english in this show is hilarious
RainbowMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 16:24   Link #389
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Indeed she was. I loved the way she stormed off after scolding Haru. Her seiyuu Atsumi Tanezaki did a great job once again.

Her "nobody visits my site" offline meeting was also...
Old 2012-11-12, 16:42   Link #390
konart

Quote:
It's looking pretty bad right now. It wil probably sell ~2000. Kamisama Hajimemashita is on track to being the best selling shoujo this season.

Spoiler for haha:

Insert random cock joke here
Old 2012-11-12, 18:29   Link #391
Excorsism

I loved Natsume's sudden voice change when she was telling Yoshida to keep trying even if gets dumped. All hail our rookie!
Old 2012-11-12, 19:29   Link #392
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Another enjoyable episode. Haru's aunt seemed like a pretty cool person.

Natsume is great as always! She is such a great friend. I can't help but feel sorry that her offline meeting probably will fail.

Quote:
Spoiler for haha:

Nice catch there. Don't know if that's intentional or not though with how it turned out lol.

Shizuku & Oshima were really cute this episode.

"I-I'm going home!" Damn it Shizuku!

Oh and sufficient Nagoya screen time this week. Best chicken ever!
Old 2012-11-12, 19:59   Link #393
Kirarakim

Usually this back and forth type thing would annoy me (and I know I dropped series that pulled the same thing)

But so far this series doesn't bother me because it never feels melodramatic. I think the series gets what it means to be romantic comedy. It's fine to have drama but never forget the comedy.

Another thing I like is so far there is no unlikable character. You might be rooting for a Haru/Shizuku but you still hope everyone ends up happy in the end.

And I am guessing the blonde haired guy is Shizuku's equivalent of the class rep for Haru (and no I can't remember her name despite them making a point to highlight it in this ep)

Edit: oh thanks to the above its Oshima
Old 2012-11-12, 20:31   Link #394
Witheirate

I'm rooting for class-rep...
Gambatte... Oshima...

But, but,... Mitty in the last scene was so cute...
Gambatte... Haru...
Old 2012-11-12, 21:09   Link #395
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
So, while I enjoyed the first couple episodes of this I didn't bother looking up any discussion because it was clear from the beginning that the direction and execution of the anime would be worse than the manga. After a poor showing in ep. 5 and now particularly ep. 6, however, you'll have to excuse me for saying that the clarity/accuracy/coherency of the adaptation has fallen apart. As is almost universally the case when I happen to come across an adaptation of a series I am great fan of, I highly encourage any new fans of this property to eventually pick up the original story.

It's always awkward for me in these kinds of situations where I can see an audience is clearly enjoying something like an adaptation and even has high praise for it, but it becomes plainly obvious that the work itself is inferior to its original version. I don't want to discourage the praise/appreciation for what is there because of what it represents for the success of the adaptation. At the same time, it pains me to see people making generalizations so far off from reality.

(I particularly question if adaptations of any of these big shoujo romance series can really be called "successes for shoujo" when almost all of the adaptations I've been exposed to thus far, have shown a clear disrespect/lack of delicacy towards handling the source material. It honestly seems to me like a lot of these are cheap/half-assed cash-ins with the appearance of good production values, and anime fans flock to them from surface-level judgements based solely on differentiation from generic otaku (i.e. harem, ecchi) series.)

Anyway, to substantiate some of my statements with specifics so I'm not just ranting at nobody: I'm pretty serious about shoujo (i.e. good shoujo). I also do enjoy a lot of otaku stuff (good otaku stuff). I would generally consider myself a fan of Hanazawa Kana, amongst other seiyuu. But I have to say that her voice-acting portrayal/interpretation of Oshima in this episode was terrible, and that is only one example of the direction/execution inadequacies of this episode.
Are we watching the same thing, or is your fine-toothed comb method gone into an uncontrollable hyper overdrive...?

It's almost scene for scene with the manga except maybe a few items here and there, but that still doesn't even remotely come close to derailing anything into some unrecognizable material from source. I think you're just looking into it way too much, but to each his own...

Episode 7 was just as good as the others. The seesaw romance continues on as the the little toy showed us...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 23:04   Link #396
HandofFate

Shizuku's struggle with her stubborness, and then doubting herself back and forth was conveyed very well, and feels realistic.

Poor Natsume is forgotten and ends up failing her exams again.

Not a fan of the snobby blonde guy.

Facial expressions on everyone was all entertaining.

Last scene with Shizuku and Haru was good. Wonder how this series is gonna end with only 1 season.
Old 2012-11-12, 23:41   Link #397
garbage

nice episode again, great VAing of the cast.

agree with Haru : Shizuku's so cute there ^^

nice put back by Shizuku against Yamaken "don't you enjoy watching people who aren't as smart as you?" >>>"well,it certainly feels good to look down on other people.." while being #1 and Yamaken below her scores :P
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 02:32   Link #398
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
What's going on? When one of them takes a step forward, the other takes two steps backward. They're never going to go anywhere at this rate.
I can tolerate it for now since the story is still so good anyway, but i hope this doesn't keep happening because otherwise it'll just feel like the story will be coming up with excuses not to have them together.

Still a great episode. I'm kinda surprised Natsume had those kind of feelings for Shizuku. I was wondering what the deal was with her at the end of the last episode but that was kind of unexpected.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 07:40   Link #399
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

These two love birds are really fun to watch. I'm glad that I picked up this
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 12:23   Link #400
InfiniteDistance

I find this show to be rather enjoyable, which is an amazing feat considering I'm not too big on romance shows.

And surely I'm not the only one who doesn't care much (if at all) for Sasayan and Natsume? I'm definitely rooting for Oshima though, she's rather cute .

I'm also interested in Haru's relationship with his brother, I hope that it will be fleshed out in the episodes to come.

Tags
romantic comedy, shoujo