AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2010-01-11, 02:40   Link #21741
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
The Crossroads of Haruhi Suzumiya Visual Novel Project Archive v3.0

Most of this post was originally copy-pasted from CanadaAotS' VN Archive (that was copy pasted from dkells VN Archive). Thanks for all the time you put into it Canada and dkellis!

This post will be updated as new chapters are added.

If I miss any, please PM me with a link to the post in question, and I'll add it in. If your text is an edit of someone else's, please mention it explicitly in the post.
If I mislink or mislabel something, please do the same.

Flowcharts

Scripts

Spoiler for Script:

Art Direction and Checklist

Art file

All images Binjovi posted in this thread in no particular order. Thanks bhl for gethering them.

Spoiler for Art File:

Others

-----

For the Genderbending of Haruhi Suzumiya Story Archive, see here.
For the Complete List of Art for Crossroads, see here.

Last edited by Heatth; 2010-05-06 at 21:19.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 02:44   Link #21742
Heatth

So, as you can see, I just made a new archive post. CandaAotS vanished suddenly, so I took his place. Sorry, Canada, if you come back you can back to it if you preffer. J I copied shamelessly his post, because it was really good, and pretty. Just added the spoiler tags to make it shorther.

It is still incomplete. Latter I will hunt for edits. I also added a new section for Binjovi's images. Latter will will post all images he posted in th thread there.

Please, feel free to point any typo I made. We all want a pretty archive right?

Oh, if no one post I will latter edit this post with my comments and nitpicks of the last update.
Old 2010-01-11, 05:52   Link #21743
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Art file

Kyon's Sister = Imouto

Spoiler for Art File:

AT LAST... IT IS DONE!!!!!

Asobitai~ *rolls over*

Last edited by bhl88; 2010-01-11 at 06:36.
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 09:21   Link #21744
Heatth

... I had a enormous bluechessium post almost done... And acidentally deleted it.

Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggh!!

Ah, whatever! Blah blah, thank-you bhl blah blah blah Kaisos' scenes are good and Binjovi's image are too.

Anyway, what I have of 'important' to say is about the truck scene. I was going to say it was absurdelly OOC and breaking my Willing Suspension Of Disbelief . However, otai's post made me reconsider. I still have a problem with they getting out of the police so easily, so I suggest having they just being ignored by them and having Yuki commenting she altered data to drive their attention away. I also suggest a new variable here because hearing Haruhi talking about it would be funny (it was her patrol day, after all, she must have heared something).

Also, about Itsuko's scene, I fell Kyon over describe her. It is a VN, so it is not really necessery as she have a sprite. Specially now Kaisos said he changed his plans for them. I also think she should say at last "hi" to Kyon first.

That is it (oh, how I hate myself now). As a last comment, someone must make a fanfic with ninja!Yuuki. He already have samurai!Ryou as a rival after all.

PP:
Ah, and I excluded Binjovi's original samples from the Archive. There is no point listing them there now.
Old 2010-01-11, 16:35   Link #21745
luap1138

Oh my god thank you so much Heatth and bhl88! Your massive amounts of forum-searching are greatly appreciated.
luap1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 16:43   Link #21746
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Spoiler for September the Sixth, Day 5, Itsuko: Riverside- Lipstuck:
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 16:45   Link #21747
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by luap1138 View Post
Oh my god thank you so much Heatth and bhl88! Your massive amounts of forum-searching are greatly appreciated.
You are wellcome. From me, the hardest part was looking for the edits, actually. Looking for the original scenes is easy, as are all done by the same person. The edits, by the other hand, are more complex.

Speaking on this, I might have missed something. I posted this Ricky's post in the archive, however, I almost missed it, as he didn't use the same name convention for the spoiler tag. Ricky, did you, by any chance, made any other edit?

Last edited by Heatth; 2010-01-11 at 17:58.
Old 2010-01-11, 17:07   Link #21748
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
Kaisos, that sucks.... or does it? Epic all the way through with or with out regard of the ending. Fantastik! ("Fantastic" is spelled wrong for a reason.) I give it my two thumbs and I roll a D20 to cast steal thumb. (Another reference)

I wonder how many references I can make in a single post. I try whenever I have the time and care to put the effort in. Or somebody else can try.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
dragon4dudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 17:42   Link #21749
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Spoiler for September the Sixth, Day 5, Itsuko: Riverside- Lipstuck:
Soooo... what!? Well, I guess this explain her werid behavior.

Oh, well, the scene was very nice, but I have a few nitpicks.

First is the "Kitsuko-chan" part. I doubt Kyon would call her like that. As Itsuko said, it don't fit him. Beside, he don't even call Mikuru by the first name, despite she having asking her so. I believe he would politelly and stumblely refuse. The main poit is Kyon only call Haruhi by her first name, and I believe there is a meaning for this. Of course this can change eventually in the course of the NV (this for all girls, I guess)

Second is about that Kiss of Death of her. I did a quick search to make sure it rally eist (it do! Awesome). The problem is how she gets one in the first place. I doubt The Organization would give it to her, so I assume she carries with her all time? Even when she is at school? Kinda weird, but not really umbeliavable.

Now, the end. I don't really understood, did she really fired? If so, why? I can understand her being paranoic about the headphones. For all she knows, it all could be an elaborated conspiration by the enemies of The Organization (like Kyou's faction). The 'absurd' way she acted toward Kyon is beliavable considering she must be in panic in a strange territory with few, unreliable, allies (even Yuuki, who is not -really- her ally, seens to be powerless). However, firing is a bit too much. What she intent to do after that? It was an accident then?

By the way, I think there is something missleading there. However, I also tought it might be a weird Dead End for when you don't have enough flags (what flag is missing them?). If so, I think it is an awesome ide. And a very shocking one too. I really hope Kyon is realy dead.

PP:
Also, as much I like the "kill the main character every time he screws up" style, I suggest having a "go to where you screwd up" option in the Game Over screen. Even with the skip scene feature, it is a pain have to play all the way back if you forgot to save.

PPP:
Oh, I forgot to comment, it is kinda obvious, but this was the weirdest scene so far. Even more then the lol random green scene. Well, maybe "weird" is not the best word. Maybe shocking? I believe it might be even better exclude the first section, to increase the shocking value. Specially if the scene is for real.

Last edited by Heatth; 2010-01-11 at 18:04.
Old 2010-01-11, 21:43   Link #21750
luap1138

What. I.
I.
I don't.
I.

WHAT?!?

I don't know what to say...
luap1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 23:00   Link #21751
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
PP:
Also, as much I like the "kill the main character every time he screws up" style, I suggest having a "go to where you screwd up" option in the Game Over screen. Even with the skip scene feature, it is a pain have to play all the way back if you forgot to save.
I doubt this was actually a "kill the main character because he screwed up" moment. Mostly because if Itsuko had killed Kyon, he would have been dead before the sound of the gunshot had a chance to ring in his ears. Either the shot went somewhere else or she didn't shoot and the sound came from elsewhere.

Of course, it could just be artistic license. Or that the Kiss of Death fires at subsonic speed (I was unable to find any information on its firing speed).
Sute443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 23:17   Link #21752
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sute443 View Post
I doubt this was actually a "kill the main character because he screwed up" moment. Mostly because if Itsuko had killed Kyon, he would have been dead before the sound of the gunshot had a chance to ring in his ears. Either the shot went somewhere else or she didn't shoot and the sound came from elsewhere.

Of course, it could just be artistic license. Or that the Kiss of Death fires at subsonic speed (I was unable to find any information on its firing speed).
Ah, shut up. How the hell he would describe it then? It is all from the Kyon perspective, so Kaisos have to tell the reader Kyon died somehow.

I am not sure it is really a Bad End, tough. If so Kaisos need to edit some scenes and add some variable somewhere. The way it is now is like punishing the player for going to Itsuko's route (Do you want to get the hot girl? Too bad!). There is also the need to get her route somehow.

Still, he said he had a new idea for her route last page, and that he might go edit some past scenes to reflect it. So it is not impossible. I just think it would be awesome a shocking death now.

PP:
The fact Kaisos hadn't say anything yet and didn't posted a word beside the scene is also very suspicious. It is like he is enjoying the reaction before explaning something.

PPP:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon4dudes View Post
I wonder how many references I can make in a single post. I try whenever I have the time and care to put the effort in. Or somebody else can try.
I've missed it. What are you talking about?

Last edited by Heatth; 2010-01-11 at 23:30.
Old 2010-01-12, 00:07   Link #21753
Iaevuous

Quote:
PP:
The fact Kaisos hadn't say anything yet and didn't posted a word beside the scene is also very suspicious. It is like he is enjoying the reaction before explaning something.
Maybe he wants time for theories to flourish. He can't joss what's not there.
Iaevuous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 00:08   Link #21754
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Ah, shut up. How the hell he would describe it then? It is all from the Kyon perspective, so Kaisos have to tell the reader Kyon died somehow.
"And then I died."
or
"And th-"
or
"In hindsight, it was a bad idea to try to call her bluff, seeing as it wasn't a bluff. Which means that you're communicating with the dead right now. Did you know that you could do that? Haruhi would definitely recruit you if she found out."

But yeah, artistic license.

Quote:
PP:
Very true.
Sute443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 00:23   Link #21755
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
It's not like the gunshots actually had to be from the Kiss of Death. As Sute said, there is the possibility that it came from somewhere else. This scene would make an interesting bad end. Stupid cliffhangers, leaving me to want more. I hate being Cliff Hanger, hanging from a cliff (Kudos to you if you understand that reference. I feel like a moron simply posting it.).

I doubt Kyon's death here simply because Itsuko should know the implications of his death by now. I think there was more I wanted to say, but now I forget.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
dragon4dudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 00:29   Link #21756
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

Quote:
Tiger Dojo? I would totally write that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaevuous
CLIFF HANGER, HANGING FROM A CLIFF! AND THAT'S WHY HE'S CALLED CLIFF HANGER!
Can't...hold....on....much....longer!
I loved that show.

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend
swtrooper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 00:29   Link #21757
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

I like the first bit, and between bouts of laughter, I kept wondering how Itsuko kept herself from bursting out laughing during their "walk..." then the serious part...

I don't think the gun is really necessary, threatening Kyon's "family jewels" would be more than enough...

Though I wish Itsuko would use a non-violent way to inquire about the headphones, bad-end or no... don't want Kyon intimidated by her later on (more than Haruhi, anyway ).
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 00:31   Link #21758
Iaevuous

Quote:
It's not like the gunshots actually had to be from the Kiss of Death. As Sute said, there is the possibility that it came from somewhere else. This scene would make an interesting bad end. Stupid cliffhangers, leaving me to want more. I hate being Cliff Hanger, hanging from a cliff (Kudos to you if you understand that reference. I feel like a moron simply posting it.)
CLIFF HANGER, HANGING FROM A CLIFF! AND THAT'S WHY HE'S CALLED CLIFF HANGER!

I also doubt his death. When you only have one guy you suspect to have information, it's not a good idea to kill him.

If the gun were pointed at his chin, wouldn't he needed to move it to close the distance? Perhaps the shot was at the side of his face went off and didn't hit anything.

Or maybe it's not a firearm at all. Not sure how you'd sneak one into Japan.
Iaevuous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 00:44   Link #21759
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sute443 View Post
"And then I died."
or
"And th-"
or
"In hindsight, it was a bad idea to try to call her bluff, seeing as it wasn't a bluff. Which means that you're communicating with the dead right now. Did you know that you could do that? Haruhi would definitely recruit you if she found out."

But yeah, artistic license.
The first suggestion is pretty lame. The last one is hilarious. Anyway, yeah, artistic license would be more likely. However, I am not sure, but wouldn't be a bullet slower then sound?

Quote:
It's not like the gunshots actually had to be from the Kiss of Death. As Sute said, there is the possibility that it came from somewhere else. This scene would make an interesting bad end. Stupid cliffhangers, leaving me to want more. I hate being Cliff Hanger, hanging from a cliff (Kudos to you if you understand that reference. I feel like a moron simply posting it.).

I doubt Kyon's death here simply because Itsuko should know the implications of his death by now. I think there was more I wanted to say, but now I forget.
Ok, now things are confusing. You are suggesting someone else fired at them? Who? Why?

For why Itsuko fired. You must first remember there is no way to Itsuko know for sure it is not all an elaborated trap from an enemy of the Organization. I mean, they are the guys dealing with God. The only way for then not having tons of enemies is keeping secrecy, but what if someone discovered? Also, She has no way to know if any other supernatural party exist. Or maybe even Yuuki's party may have allied with the "enemy". We also know that the organization has at last one group who don't like then (but their goals are similar).

That being said, the "Kyon" of the "new world" is wearing Haruki's headphones. Why? This don't make any sense or whatever. Definitivelly suspicious. I can understand why she was so... agressive.

Of courese, there is no reason for actually firing. Bluffing is good, firing is not. For her, killing "Kyon" here is a problem in every possibility. For once she would have to deal with the police, she also would have to fight, maybe alone, with more enemies agents. Also, if he do eding up being a "Kyon of another world" (which is the case, as we know ^^ this might resulting with the end of this world (a big problem, considering she is stuck there now ).

For taht reason, I would say the shoot was an accident. Guns are dangerous thing, and you can ending up screwing with then in the worse momment. She is, after all, very young, it is not that surprising having her commiting such dumb mistake in a momment of tension.

Anyway, yeah, cliffhanger sucks. Trolling authors are even worse.

In a completelly unrelated side note, is my new signature appearing? It is normal I don't seeing it?
Old 2010-01-12, 00:45   Link #21760
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtrooper42 View Post
Tiger Dojo? I would totally write that.
If this actually has "Dead Ends" as opposed to just "Bad Ends", we totally need a Tiger Dojo.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan