AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-09-24, 08:04   Link #361
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Good point. And in case Slaine became a lone wolf, he'd better be using something powerful.

He'll probably get his own supporting cast, in this scenario. Now, he has less need of a cast than Inaho in general because he's always showcased solo with the exception of his interaction with Saazbaum and Asseylum, IMO.

Quote:
Sure, but remember, we're talking about Slaine being a hero of Mars. Just ending the conflict would make him a hero of Earth.
Mmmm ending the conflict as something more lasting would involve solve Mars problems (which is my point of why, while Inaho had a sound logic, it wouldn't end the real war because it's perpetuated not by something circumstantial but structural problems and crisis that simply "have them accumulate losses" doesn't cut it). I think UEF resistance forces will have some few scenes apart of the Mars conflict, but I hesitate to speak about this until we get a full confirmation of Inaho's death and who takes up his role (I think Rayet, nonetheless Yuki and Inko could be significant).

Just presenting, say, Asseylum's corpse would just prove he was saying the truth but it would not change anything. There's going to be a new excuse to wage war again shortly after because the problems of Mars can't be solved unless someone makes huge changes in Mars.

Quote:
Well, you also have to take into account that if the Martian noblemen (nevermind the regular soldiers) don't think of Slaine as being one of them, they might be wary that Slaine could either help the Earth or (if he is like their royal bloodline) he might even produce other Aldnoah activators against them.
That was Slaine, when he was a Terran... We don't really know how they'll react to Slaine now. Aldnoah rights on the level of a Vers-family member is a game changer. This episode also foreshadowed that he's acknowledged by Martian soldiers as one of them. It's not really a coincidence it happens now. Earlier, he was in a liminal phase where he didn't belong nowhere but after this episode, the circumstances changed, Slaine changed as well (and there's always the possibility of a timeskip).

Also, we have no idea what sort of connections his father made. Saazbaum spoke on his lonesome to Doctor Troyard as if he was hinting he was a supporter to the cause. He'll likely have a couple of surprises reserved for us.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-09-24, 08:17   Link #362
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
He'll probably get his own supporting cast, in this scenario. Now, he has less need of a cast than Inaho in general because he's always showcased solo with the exception of his interaction with Saazbaum and Asseylum, IMO.
Probably some Martians who are tired of the war or just plain hates it.

Quote:
Mmmm ending the conflict as something more lasting would involve solve Mars problems (which is my point of why, while Inaho had a sound logic, it wouldn't end the real war because it's perpetuated not by something circumstantial but structural problems and crisis that simply "have them accumulate losses" doesn't cut it). I think UEF resistance forces will have some few scenes apart of the Mars conflict, but I hesitate to speak about this until we get a full confirmation of Inaho's death and who takes up his role (I think Rayet, nonetheless Yuki and Inko could be significant).
Solving Mars problem would require cooperation with Earth though. And considering that Mars decided to attack Earth - BOTH times - I just don't see Earth accepting without heavy payment from Mars.

Quote:
That was Slaine, when he was a Terran... We don't really know how they'll react to Slaine now. Aldnoah rights on the level of a Vers-family member is a game changer. This episode also foreshadowed that he's acknowledged by Martian soldiers as one of them. It's not really a coincidence it happens now. Earlier, he was in a liminal phase where he didn't belong nowhere but after this episode, the circumstances changed, Slaine changed as well (and there's always the possibility of a timeskip).
Well, while some react favorably to him some would try to kill him. After all, some of the more ... zealots one would think that a Terran having Aldnoah is blasphemy and will try to end him.
Old 2014-09-24, 08:43   Link #363
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Probably some Martians who are tired of the war or just plain hates it.
That would be cool.

Quote:
Solving Mars problem would require cooperation with Earth though. And considering that Mars decided to attack Earth - BOTH times - I just don't see Earth accepting without heavy payment from Mars.
Earth is in no position to negotiate yet. Most territories are taken by Mars landing castles and they retreated to Russia. I think a migration of all Martians to settle on Earth is the only sane course of action.

Quote:
Well, while some react favorably to him some would try to kill him. After all, some of the more ... zealots one would think that a Terran having Aldnoah is blasphemy and will try to end him.
Remember the Emperor is a Terran too, as are most people older than 35. Of course he'll be in trouble, but since Asseylum's dead (hypothetically) and, hypothetically by looking what he did, it's possible he can do the same as she can. It seems to be the saner-course of action to ensure his survival.

I wouldn't be shocked if the rebels against Vers higher ups knew all along Slaine could do this because his father was a member of them. Saazbaum was certainly lacking in the shock department that he was the Tharsis pilot. As if he knew it all along. It seems like a suicidal plan to kill Vers without having a back-up insurance they won't lose Aldnoah. Just throwing an idea. It doesn't necessarily means Slaine will assist them.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-09-24, 08:43   Link #364
monster

Quote:
Mmmm ending the conflict as something more lasting would involve solve Mars problems

Just presenting, say, Asseylum's corpse would just prove he was saying the truth but it would not change anything. There's going to be a new excuse to wage war again shortly after because the problems of Mars can't be solved unless someone makes huge changes in Mars.
Maybe, but right now I don't know how they're going to have Slaine achieve that, if that is indeed their plan.
Quote:
(which is my point of why, while Inaho had a sound logic, it wouldn't end the real war because it's perpetuated not by something circumstantial but structural problems and crisis that simply "have them accumulate losses" doesn't cut it).
Well, from the beginning, Earth is on the defensive. Unfortunately, the plot up to now hasn't given them the luxury of thinking beyond just surviving the Martian onslaught.
Quote:
Keep in mind that the people who acknowledged Slaine are people who probably knew his circumstance or has fought beside him and has had time to accept him one way or another. Beyond that, he might not have that benefit with other Martians.

Now, his Aldnoah ability might gain him some favor, or it might just attract both people who want to use him and people who might be jealous of him.
Quote:
Also, we have no idea what sort of connections his father made. Saazbaum spoke on his lonesome to Doctor Troyard as if he was hinting he was a supporter to the cause. He'll likely have a couple of surprises reserved for us.
Maybe, we'll just have to see.

In short, there are several pieces of how this story could develop, but I'm not seeing any definite link that would show how those pieces should fit together to form whatever type of finale they may have planned. And yes, the first thing that needs to be cleared up is whether there were any survivor out of the 3 "deaths" in episode 12.
Old 2014-09-24, 08:50   Link #365
Thess

Quote:
Maybe, but right now I don't know how they're going to have Slaine achieve that, if that is indeed their plan.
He and Rayet are the only characters who talk about this. More Slaine than Rayet because her character dropped that, but at least she's aware.

Quote:
Well, from the beginning, Earth is on the defensive. Unfortunately, the plot up to now hasn't given them the luxury of thinking beyond just surviving the Martian onslaught.
Because the role seems more to hold off the advance of Orbital Knights.

Quote:
Keep in mind that the people who acknowledged Slaine are people who probably knew his circumstance or has fought beside him and has had time to accept him one way or another. Beyond that, he might not have that benefit with other Martians.
I know. Also keep in mind this was before the Tharsis-activation and that the only ones who tormented him were members of a loyal-to-Vers Cruhteo's castle.

Quote:
In short, there are several pieces of how this story could develop, but I'm not seeing any definite link that would show how those pieces should fit together to form whatever type of finale they may have planned. And yes, the first thing that needs to be cleared up is whether there were any survivor out of the 3 "deaths" in episode 12.
I agree, but I'm glad it's introducing new elements to not keep it stale, because you can do 24 episodes of Inaho and his gang fighting against the Noble of the Episode (or two episodes) until they run off Orbital Knights. That would be boring.

Old 2014-09-24, 09:17   Link #366
monster

Quote:
the only ones who tormented him were members of a loyal-to-Vers Cruhteo's castle.
With that in mind, it seems that Saazbaum was working on his own, which means the rest is more likely to be like Cruhteo's people.
Old 2014-09-24, 09:26   Link #367
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
With that in mind, it seems that Saazbaum was working on his own, which means the rest is more likely to be like Cruhteo's people.
Can't really say that considering there are allies even in the Moon Base, so it wouldn't be strange if one or two Orbital Knights were also with Saazbaum's cause.
Old 2014-09-24, 09:37   Link #368
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Can't really say that considering there are allies even in the Moon Base, so it wouldn't be strange if one or two Orbital Knights were also with Saazbaum's cause.
Maybe, but surely the vast majority are not on his side.
Old 2014-09-24, 09:39   Link #369
Thess

Quote:
Maybe, but surely the vast majority are not on his side.
We don't know that yet. The moon base are confirmed his comrades and he could have a web of espionage in all castles. Like Trillram (the one who assumed Slaine was his comrade and completely aware of the conspiracy... Food for thought, right?).

Old 2014-09-24, 09:55   Link #370
monster

Quote:
We don't know that yet. The moon base are confirmed his comrades and he could have a web of espionage in all castles. Like Trillram (the one who assumed Slaine was his comrade and completely aware of the conspiracy... Food for thought, right?).
Actually, I think we do know. If the majority were on his side, Saazbaum wouldn't be so secretive about the princess still being alive.
Old 2014-09-24, 09:58   Link #371
Thess

Quote:
Actually, I think we do know. If the majority were on his side, Saazbaum wouldn't be so secretive about the princess still being alive.
That's a good point, but if they wasted time in infighting, it would be troublesome.

Old 2014-09-24, 09:59   Link #372
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
He wasn't exactly secretive as he only learned that fact after he heard Slaine and was only secretive towards Crutheo. We have never seen his interactions with other Orbital Knights so can't really say for a fact.
Old 2014-09-24, 10:06   Link #373
monster

Quote:
He wasn't exactly secretive as he only learned that fact after he heard Slaine and was only secretive towards Crutheo. We have never seen his interactions with other Orbital Knights so can't really say for a fact.
Well, it also wouldn't make sense plotwise for Saazbaum's side to be in the majority. If that was the case, they would just have an outright rebellion rather than what Saazbaum ended up having to do.
Old 2014-09-24, 14:24   Link #374
Death Usagi
Banned

About Slaine being called a "Bat", it seems there is another meaning.

In the folklore, the Bat kept changing sides between winged beasts (Birds) and ground beasts (Lions, etc.), and this kind of thing was shown in Episode 12 when despite being on Asseylum's side primarily, he for some reason was also on Saazbaum's side considering the fact he went to save him.

Then he disappears at the end (The Bat went into hiding after getting caught by both sides of being a double agent in the folklore).

Last edited by Death Usagi; 2014-09-24 at 15:42.
Old 2014-09-24, 15:39   Link #375
Thess

Quote:
About Slaine being called a "Bat", it seems there is another meaning.

In the folklore, the Bat kept changing sides between winged beasts (Birds) and ground beasts (Lions, etc.), and this kind of thing was shown in Episode 12 when despite being on Asseylum's side primarily, he for some reason was also on Saazbaum's side considering the fact he went to save him.

Then he disappears at the end (The Bat went into hiding after getting caught by both sides of being a double agent in the folklore).

And Bat also refers
Your message was cut.

Bat was his nickname because of the skycarrier like black was his color. It's switched to white now due to Tharsis.

Old 2014-09-24, 15:42   Link #376
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Your message was cut.

Bat was his nickname because of the skycarrier like black was his color. It's switched to white now due to Tharsis.
I don't know why my message was cut, but it's ok.

No, I know he was called a Bat due to that, but I mean the symbolism of why the writers made his nickname "Bat".
Old 2014-09-24, 15:49   Link #377
Thess

Quote:
No, I know he was called a Bat due to that, but I mean the symbolism of why the writers made his nickname "Bat".
You mean the archaic usage of opportunistic? Eh, I doubt it, but Inaho might mean it, remember it's a nickname he used and he doesn't know about his relationship with Asseylum.

Old 2014-09-24, 15:59   Link #378
Death Usagi
Banned

There are so many nicknames going around for Slaine ever since Episode 12 and he is seriously being called a Death Reaper of Misfortune =w=;

Everyone that comes across or is involved with him dies one way or another...

1. Slaine drops Trilliam towards Rayet's family. They all die

2. He kills Trilliam himself.

3. Comes to find the princess. His help results in Femianne (forgot spelling) getting killed

4. Crutheo being involved with torturing him gets himself killed by Saazbaum

5. His necklace that is supposed to be a "Good Luck Charm" has been the opposite where it has been practically a "Bad Luck Charm", which itself nearly got Asseylum killed by Rayet

6. When she was praying to Slaine's necklace, the next thing happened was Saazbaum attacking Deucalion

7. A soldier saves him then he dies ._.

8. Him saving Saazbaum results in Asseylum's death (although not confirmed if she really is dead)

9. He shoots Saazbaum trying to kill him

10. He kills(?) Inaho

Am I missing something else? No not Okisuke
Old 2014-09-24, 19:40   Link #379
~BC~

Yeah, in light of that list his name seems awfully heavy handed doesn't it?
Old 2014-09-24, 21:04   Link #380
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
Yeah, in light of that list his name seems awfully heavy handed doesn't it?
I didn't even know his name was a real name, until I was informed by another board that his name is Irish/Scottish and is used for mostly girls as of today, though it has been used for boys. Mecha series are known to practically make up names for characters, especially those that are of Western origins. (Yes, I'm looking at you, Calm. ) So, I thought Slaine was the same way, but no, surprisingly, his name is Gaelic, and actually means "health".

Sadly, poor Slaine's been giving out the opposite to those he meets as of late.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2014-09-24 at 22:16.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters