AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2016-11-24, 02:24   Link #101
Azurial

Gundam Vidar is definitely have Ein persona install into it since Gali said that person is close to him. i can see Mika is gonna get his ass kick hard in the episdoe that is coming out . Ein have grudge against Tekkadan especially Mika i can see why Ein is still alive with just his persona in the machine.
Azurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-24, 05:27   Link #102
Irenesharda

My only question will be, will Ein talk? Though, I'm sorry but if I get another long-winded whiny, psychotic speech about "Lt. Crank", I might scream....

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-24, 06:51   Link #103
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
My only question will be, will Ein talk? Though, I'm sorry but if I get another long-winded whiny, psychotic speech about "Lt. Crank", I might scream....
You know what's worse? If Ein indeed becomes the AI for Gundam Vidar, that would mark him as the first ever AI Gundam in the whole animated Gundam franchise IIRC (the horror ).

But to soften the blow, he won't be the first AI Gundam in the whole franchise because we already had ALICE from Gundam Sentinel way back then:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2016-11-24, 07:25   Link #104
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
You know what's worse? If Ein indeed becomes the AI for Gundam Vidar, that would mark him as the first ever AI Gundam in the whole animated Gundam franchise IIRC (the horror ).

But to soften the blow, he won't be the first AI Gundam in the whole franchise because we already had ALICE from Gundam Sentinel way back then:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
If they go that route with Ein im gonna bend my logic a bit and claim Tieria came first, since he sorta became Veda/served as MS OS in the last parts of 00 and the movie

I hope Eins having "died" would tone him down

But man if he goes the preachy route its gonna be a nightmare. Imagine an AI invading your MS/the comm system and constantly raving at you

Last edited by Skye629; 2016-11-24 at 19:51.
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-24, 08:06   Link #105
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
If they go that route with Ein im gonna bend my logic a bit and claim Tieria came first, since he sorta became Veda/served as MS OS in the last parts of 00 and the movie
Well, if we want to get very very technical, Stargazer from Gundam Stargazer ONA is the first AI Gundam in the animated franchise. But Stargazer didn't have much of a personality or awareness considering that we saw it pretty much during its infancy. I think the only thing Stargazer did in the show was confirming its own name to Selene McGriff. Stargazer still needed thousand(s) of hours of piloting-data before it can fully functions as an AI that can take control of the Gundam. But we never saw that development .
Old 2016-11-24, 19:56   Link #106
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Well, if we want to get very very technical, Stargazer from Gundam Stargazer ONA is the first AI Gundam in the animated franchise. But Stargazer didn't have much of a personality or awareness considering that we saw it pretty much during its infancy. I think the only thing Stargazer did in the show was confirming its own name to Selene McGriff. Stargazer still needed thousand(s) of hours of piloting-data before it can fully functions as an AI that can take control of the Gundam. But we never saw that development .
Oh yeah, I completely forgot about Stargazer itself being an AI

The main thing Im wondering though, if it IS and Ein AI, how much of his intelligence/personality is preserved? If they go this route too they're gonna have some explaining to do, cuz I dont see Ein surviving at the end of S1 in his state without immediate medical treatment, and extremely advanced ones at that too.
Old 2016-11-25, 00:12   Link #107
Irenesharda

Well, if they are advanced enough to have healing pods with nanomachines and whatever it is that they used to to put Ein into the Graze Ein in the first place, I'm sure they have some kind of explanation. I mean, if Zola in Cap America can put his mind on a computer in the 70s, I think they could probably have figured something out.

What we should be asking is who exactly facilitated all of this?

I mean, Gaelio didn't just walk away from the battlefield. He didn't pull his own Gundam into the shop. He didn't do whatever was done with Ein.
So who rescued/helped him? Who set him on his road? Who set him up with Rustal?
Or is Rustal himself the one responsible?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2016-11-25, 01:04   Link #108
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Maybe Ein is going to be like Sigma from Megaman X. You can kill him but he'all just come back every damn time.

In other words, he's now a virus that can affect any mobile suit he wants!
Old 2016-11-25, 04:15   Link #109
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Maybe Ein is going to be like Sigma from Megaman X. You can kill him but he'all just come back every damn time.

In other words, he's now a virus that can affect any mobile suit he wants!
That would require an even more absurd explanation than all of the above lol

On the flipside, something like that can give the writers a lot of fun stuff to play with, like taking over the MA or WMD thingy theyre gonna find

Either way though, they're gonna have to explain this, or its gonna come off as Kira-survives-strike explosion cheap (a little less so since that was a MC)
Old 2016-11-25, 04:39   Link #110
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

If anything the Vidar has the Graze Ein's combat data installed into it for Vidar to make use of via Alaya-Vijnana. I seriously doubt Vidar was trying to say that had Ein's bodyparts or something grafted into him.
Old 2016-11-25, 04:43   Link #111
~BC~

If they go the AI route with Ein, I wouldn't be surprised if they just left it at 'his consciousness became trapped in the AV system when his body was destroyed'. Then again, they might just go for a "Mika missed" scenario.
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-25, 05:42   Link #112
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
If they go the AI route with Ein, I wouldn't be surprised if they just left it at 'his consciousness became trapped in the AV system when his body was destroyed'. Then again, they might just go for a "Mika missed" scenario.
This could be very possible. I remember something way back in episodes where they woke up Mika after he had passed out and they said they couldn't disconnect him from the AV system until he woke up. I wonder if perhaps what happen with Ein was what happens when you actually do that, and his body was destroyed while he was still connected to the AV so his mind is trapped in it?

I remember Masahiro also said something about how he could still feel the mech he was in as he was connected, while he was dying.

And considering how almost completely Ein was grafted with his machine, to the point that it was greater than any other AV user we've seen, you have to wonder what would happen if the connection was cut off so suddenly when he was that immersed in his machine. Where does the line end and begin between mind and metal?

I mean, Mika regains the use of his arm and eye when he's back in the Barbatos. Could it be that his arm and eye are sort of "trapped" in the machine, and that Ein is sort of the ultimate version of that? His entire body is trapped in the machine?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2016-11-25, 20:06   Link #113
Skye629

Quote:
This could be very possible. I remember something way back in episodes where they woke up Mika after he had passed out and they said they couldn't disconnect him from the AV system until he woke up. I wonder if perhaps what happen with Ein was what happens when you actually do that, and his body was destroyed while he was still connected to the AV so his mind is trapped in it?

I remember Masahiro also said something about how he could still feel the mech he was in as he was connected, while he was dying.

And considering how almost completely Ein was grafted with his machine, to the point that it was greater than any other AV user we've seen, you have to wonder what would happen if the connection was cut off so suddenly when he was that immersed in his machine. Where does the line end and begin between mind and metal?

I mean, Mika regains the use of his arm and eye when he's back in the Barbatos. Could it be that his arm and eye are sort of "trapped" in the machine, and that Ein is sort of the ultimate version of that? His entire body is trapped in the machine?
Good points, Im really curious to see where this goes now

Lets see if the writers are paying attention enough to capitalize on details like that
Old 2016-11-27, 17:56   Link #114
Irenesharda

I have a theory after seeing this latest PV.

Somehow we see that Iok was told by Rustal to find McGillis on Mars, even though we know he went in secret.

Iok decides to challenge Tekkadan on their home turf. The thing is that Iok has had like zilch in the development department. He's basically just Rustal's yes-man and that's it. Because of that, I think there is actually a huge chance that he dies during this battle.

But what if Rustal intended it to be this way? Like, he sent Iok there on his own to get killed and use his death as a spark to confront McGillis/Tekkadan head on?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2016-11-27, 20:12   Link #115
Azurial

Quote:

Somehow we see that Iok was told by Rustal to find McGillis on Mars, even though we know he went in secret.

Iok decides to challenge Tekkadan on their home turf. The thing is that Iok has had like zilch in the development department. He's basically just Rustal's yes-man and that's it. Because of that, I think there is actually a huge chance that he dies during this battle.

But what if Rustal intended it to be this way? Like, he sent Iok there on his own to get killed and use his death as a spark to confront McGillis/Tekkadan head on?

Iok went to Mars hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i see that he doesnt want to live anymore XD going to Mars is like entering a devil's den
Azurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-27, 20:24   Link #116
NBG

Quote:

I hope a fight breaks out and he gets killed. I hope he somehow shoots himself and compliments himself for finally killing someone.
NBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-28, 00:49   Link #117
tdx

Quote:

But then, wouldn't Rustal lose an important ally at the 7 star family council? McGillis and Bauduin are allied, so to oppose them he needs his yes-man Kujan there. I'm more inclined to think that Rustal sent Iok's fleet to Mars because he wants to kill 2 birds with 1 stone: to give Gaelio his revenge opportunity and take the chance that he just might end his headache, McGillis (backed by Tekkadan), once and for all early on. I'm assuming he counts on Julietta to keep Iok safe during it.

Also, depending on the importance of the object Tekkadan found in their mine (the superweapon theory that has been stated in this threat), Rustal might want to claim that object for himself no matter what.
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-28, 08:26   Link #118
Skye629

One thing I think is for sure

Ioks chances of survival are.....pretty low
Old 2016-11-28, 09:44   Link #119
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdx View Post
But then, wouldn't Rustal lose an important ally at the 7 star family council? McGillis and Bauduin are allied, so to oppose them he needs his yes-man Kujan there. I'm more inclined to think that Rustal sent Iok's fleet to Mars because he wants to kill 2 birds with 1 stone: to give Gaelio his revenge opportunity and take the chance that he just might end his headache, McGillis (backed by Tekkadan), once and for all early on. I'm assuming he counts on Julietta to keep Iok safe during it.

Also, depending on the importance of the object Tekkadan found in their mine (the superweapon theory that has been stated in this threat), Rustal might want to claim that object for himself no matter what.
It depends. If he can destroy McGillis' rep by saying that he's working with arms dealers that are arming colonist and purposefully opposing Gjallarhorn, AND was responsible for the death of a 7 Star lord? I don't really think he would need Iok as his yes man anymore. He could actually get McGillis kicked off the council and then there wouldn't be anyone to oppose him.

But then again, its really just a theory. Though I do have to wonder...how does Rustal find out about McGillis going to Mars in secret? Could it be that he has a spy? I did find it concerning how all of Teiwaz heads now know McGillis' involvement and his plans. I mean, what it one of them decides to blab to the wrong people? *I'm looking at you leopard coat*

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2016-11-28, 10:30   Link #120
Skaddix

I don't think they know details. And only Leopard Cloak was likely to try to use it. Because the general consensus from the rest was let Gjhallahorn sort out their own internal issues. After all Tiewaz benefits from the status quo and would only come out far better off if as they said they were getting a cut of every bit of business on Mars.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote