2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-10-16, 05:25   Link #1
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 28 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans, Episode 28.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Skype and Teamspeak

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-16, 05:57   Link #2
Irenesharda

A great episode from what I did get to see. Didn't understand a huge amount because of lack of subs. (Watching anime in Japan itself takes some getting used to. )

Spoiler for episode reveals:

I'll have to do a more thorough review when we get subs that I can access.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-16, 06:02   Link #3
B214

So the Mask Man is Gaelio.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-16, 06:05   Link #4
FerrusManus

Nice episode. The battle was very good. With a big focus on logistics

Also
Spoiler for Masked Man:
FerrusManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-16, 06:15   Link #5
tdx

What I can word coherently in words other than "wow" and "awesome" right now:

An incredible battle, I'm digging it so much. The Barbatos fight in the previous episode was cut short, but this makes up for it in full!

Orga trusts Eugene to command their fleet, and Eugene does a decent job. It's like Orga subtly trains Eugene to become Tekkadan's danchou if something happens to Orga himself... And I can't help feeling the fact raises a distant yet clearly visible death flag for Orga...

Mika is surprisingly serious about farming, huh. I didn't expect him to actually take concrete steps towards his farm dream (especially now that he's one-handed)

Kudelia currently has only Tekkadan's accountant to protect her, huh... Can he even fight? This is such a good chance for an assassination attempt. But well, since the spoilers didn't mention anything about it, I guess I'm worrying for no reason.

I'm kind of glad to see even the pirates not to be portrayed as dumb evil thugs (well, they are evil thugs, but not so dumb, that trick with towing ships to deceive the enemy about their count was clever).

Oh, and Isurugi makes a good impression, he's calm, non-ambitious and doesn't seem to be prideful. A very effective subordinate, and I can see why McGillis has a high opinion of him.

We see Merribit being quite comfortable in Buiscuit's role, but there are a few things that I find displeasing about her and the job she does (I hope I'm not offending any of her fans, it's nothing more than my opinion and take on it).

First, although she obviously means well and someone needs to tell those kids and Orga to take breaks when they're overworking themselves, she does it in the mothering fashion, and in Orga's case it's pretty uncalled-for, because it makes her come off as superior to him, when she's in no position and he's already proved himself more capable than most adults, so treating him like a kid is probably not the way to go (especially if we talk about the possibility of romance between those 2). I found it especially jarring in the scene where she asks about his reasons for going with Gjallarhorn's plan: the tone is serious and the answer he gives her is a very competent one... and then she switches to treating him like a kid right after. I might find Orga's lapses in composure fun to watch sometimes, but I do think she needs to stop with mothering and not acknowledging his equal footing.

Second, she yaps too much (more so than Biscuit did, which probably testifies to her understanding of Tekkadan and Orga not being as deep as Biscuit's was... which's probably to be expected, as she apparently always had a good life and is not even a soldier). Sometimes her butting in justified and useful (like asking if they can't start the operation after the main fleet arrives), other times it's counter-productive (Orga literally has to shut her up twice in this episode, during the negotiations with Isurugi and during the tense convo with Sandoval so that she didn't ruin his bluff).

Bottom line: sometimes she's clearly out of line, and it leaves me wondering why she thinks she's entitled... if it's on the grounds of her viewing herself as an adult while Tekkadan and Orga in particular as kids, she needs to reconsider that asap for 2 reasons: first, being a Teiwaz overseer and not a soldier, she simply has no corresponding authority or experience or knowledge, and second, it was conclusively established that in the IBO world it's actual ability and skill that counts, and Tekkadan proved themselves beyond capable already, so she would do good to look at that instead of their age.

So, Gaelio, with his grudge against Tekkadan and McGillis, as the man behind the mask is confirmed, right?

P.S. Since the episode has aired, it's OK not to use the spoiler tag, right? If it's not, tell me and I'll add it.
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-16, 06:15   Link #6
Skaddix

Spoiler for episode reveals:
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-16, 06:24   Link #7
foxbox360
New Age Badass

So Galiao the char clone for this season?
Old 2016-10-16, 06:26   Link #8
Skaddix

Don't think so his Gundam aint Red.
Old 2016-10-16, 06:33   Link #9
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbox360 View Post
So Galiao the char clone for this season?
McGillis is a proper Char and he was the series' Char first. Gaelio's just a wannabe.

But it is hilarious that even in revenge, Gaelio is still just second fiddle.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-16, 06:51   Link #10
Knight_SV

kinda disappointed the masked man is gaelio, but i hope there is an good expanation of his survival
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-16, 06:52   Link #11
Skye629

Damn jesus christ, awesome episode, that was literally taking more action than everything before in the series and throwing it into the THIRD EPISODE, and we STILL have more next episode. S2 is shaping up really good so far

Barbatos Lupus has grown on me immensely, and its nice to see McGillis Schwalbe Graze get a second wind with his suboridinate

Mech and ship battles, awesome, need I say more?

And nobody recognizes Masked Man's voice in universe?

Just kidding around, thats definitely Gaelio, his VA's voice is just too distinct hahaha. And from the sound of it the big shots who know of his existence are aware of his identity to a degree perhaps?

If theres ONE thing that annoys me though....its the people in charge/VIPs heading out in MS.......Im sorry but thats just stupidity incarnate

Best part? The subordinates think the damn same thing
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-16, 06:55   Link #12
Skaddix

Yeah his identity isn't a secret at least to Rustal to be fair all you need is a DNA test.
Old 2016-10-16, 06:58   Link #13
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

so its confirmed Gaelio survived & became part man, part machine, all revenge, RoboGali

also Gusion's new weapon is a giant pair of pliers? like GaoGaiGar's Dimensional Pliers but minus the part its made out of three robots & can bend time & space,

looks like Mika is starting his dream of having his own farm by experimenting with various crops other than corn that may be compatible with the Martian soil.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-16, 07:00   Link #14
FerrusManus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 View Post
also Gusion's new weapon is a giant pair of pliers? like GaoGaiGar's Dimensional Pliers but minus the part its made out of three robots & can bend time & space,
More like a pair of giant hedge cutters.
FerrusManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-16, 07:02   Link #15
dienrachen

I love how people piled on me when I said that Tekkadan was in no danger, and lo' they beat the whole NDH without any (on-screen) losses.

I like the production quality of the show, but there's absolutely no tension whatsoever.
dienrachen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-16, 07:09   Link #16
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

still what is up with Gjallarhorn members from different branches competing with each other that will screw up a perfectly good plan.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-16, 07:10   Link #17
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
Yeah his identity isn't a secret at least to Rustal to be fair all you need is a DNA test.
Im glad if its that way, someone has to know, better yet the higher ups. That way theres some interesting interactions/plotting up top between the Stars. And everyone below the pay grade have to deal with the fact they don't know his identity or true purpose, which creates another dynamic

It would take a special amount of stupid to trust a masked dude and not confirm his identity

ON GAELIO:

It seems his Gundam is being repaired. So I would assume if Rustal/more higher ups knew of his identity, they were able to get Gaelio's old Kimaris frame back (retrieved minus Gaelio after the battle end of S1) and start repairing it. So its probably a very recent development

Im gonna surmise what happened is prior to the battle, McGillis obviously SOMEHOW failed to kill him (or let him go on purpose? Either way its stupid, but he obviously lived so thats that....) and Gaelio went missing prior to the aftermath and the recovery of the Kimaris. He was probably smart enough following that betrayal to know that he wouldn't be safe following McGillis rise in power and went underground in the timeskip. During this time he probably wallowed around in grief and anger while finding out what he could about his former friend and plotting revenge. He must have found SOMETHING about McGillis otherwise he would have never been able to approach a 7Star leader, convince him (Rustal, and perhaps more?), and keep his identity a secret
Old 2016-10-16, 07:10   Link #18
Skaddix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 View Post
still what is up with Gjallarhorn members from different branches competing with each other that will screw up a perfectly good plan.
Only one side gets the win. Although they haven't technically shot at fellow Gjallarhorn members. Julietta is only picking a fight with Mika to get the collar.
Old 2016-10-16, 07:15   Link #19
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by dienrachen View Post
I love how people piled on me when I said that Tekkadan was in no danger, and lo' they beat the whole NDH without any (on-screen) losses.

I like the production quality of the show, but there's absolutely no tension whatsoever.
Well duh, its a bunch of pirates

Mika/Gjallerhorn was tearing their MS lines to shreds while the rest of the Tekkadan units picked off the rest using teamwork

And of course the other Gjallerhorn fleet showing up made things worse

Leave the tension for later when they're fighting more significant threats, its obvious that these pirates were thrown in for nothing more than showing off the new Tekkadan/Gjallerhorn at the start of the show
Old 2016-10-16, 07:20   Link #20
Skaddix

Eh I think a few Gjhallahorn Peeps went down. But they are pirates what makes them effective tends to be ambushing other weaker forces and preying on lightly protected merchant vessels. Not direct conflict with the GOV and a PMC.