Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-10, 12:49   Link #41
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AiravedAngel
show looks nice...and luckily LIME Anime have announced it, and are requesting a translator to help work on it source: http://lime-anime.com
Great news. I've been watching the raws all along, and with the exception of maybe one episode, I've enjoyed the show a lot. The whole thing is cute and funny, especially Kirari.

I think the star's singing is just fine, even if her dancing is a bit awkward in the revised OP (starting at episode 14). And I got used to her voice long ago. It expresses the character. She is, after all, just 13 (Kusumi Koharu of Morning Musume).

So what if the show is derivative? It's also fun. And I haven't seen Kodocha (yet), but Naa-san is the funniest animal mascot I can remember. Ikeda Chigusa does a great job with Naa-san's voice. Not that he really talks, but his tone of voice, I guess.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2006-07-10, 16:07   Link #42
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Yay! And for once, I'm not worried about LIME's translation quality, since this show is trivially simple to translate! (Except for maybe na-san... but kirari handles that )
Sam Pinansky
Old 2006-07-16, 04:20   Link #43
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

fansub

There's now a fansub of episode 1 out by Nihon no Kiseki. The person says they learned all their Japanese from watching anime and this is just practice. As far as I can tell, the translation is generally pretty good. The video quality is not the best, but good enough for me. At the moment, the file is not on animesuki but is on tokyotosho.com

So I watched episode 1 again and enjoyed it again.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2006-07-16, 17:12   Link #44
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

it seems to be a good show but its definately aimed at the middle school crowd.
Old 2006-07-16, 23:26   Link #45
elite-dreams
Boku no matsuro

question, since the translator was doing this sub for fun, is Phenie still gana continue subbing it or is she stopping? cuz she said to contact her at anidb but i cant find her as a member...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenie
[in the video]Fansubbing by: Phenie, if you have something to say to me, pm "phenie" on anidb - if its not contructive critisism, dont bother sending it. etc...
if she doesnt continue subbing it, will another translater in nihon no kiseki or another fansub? lolz i just really wana c it >.<
Old 2006-07-21, 22:28   Link #46
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

music video of OP

There's now a live-action PV (promotional video) of the OP, starring Kusumi Koharu, the Morning Musume idol who is the seiyuu for Kirari and who also sings the OP and ED.

It is fairly inept, in young-teen idol style (Koharu-chan just turned 14) but a catchy tune and lots of fun, and she is waaay cuuute prancing around up there. Search tokyotosho.com. The title is unfortunately given only in Japanese:
[PVFANS.​com]月島きらり-恋☆カナ.​mpg

I'm just watching ep16, and the show continues as before: not original, but cute and warm-hearted. Sure it's aimed at middle-schoolers, but I'm enjoying it, too. There's some intelligence about it, and pure cuteness. The director did Aishiteruze Baby, after all.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-07-22 at 02:30.
Old 2006-08-14, 07:51   Link #47
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

ep2 sub

NnK has now come out with a sub of episode 2. Available on animesuki.com and tokyotosho.com

Having now seen up to episode 19 raw, I continue to find this show cute, fun, and relaxing. It hovers around a 3.0 share in its 6 p.m. Friday TV timeslot, which is not outstanding but okay compared to most other shows at similar times. Fifty-two episodes, here we come, lol.

NnK now has a website, where you can vote whether you want them to continue with Kirarin Revolution, Mamotte Lollipop or Tonagura. Kirarin is now in the lead:
http://nihonnokiseki.blogspot.com/
Old 2006-08-14, 13:13   Link #48
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
I've been away from this forum for too long. xD

Anyway, anyone seen the latest two episodes yet? Ep 18 had the FIRST scenes of some angst and I enjoyed it immensely. It also introduced a new ending which I also enjoyed immensely. Uber-catchy and cute!

Ep 19 was your standard ghost hunt ep but Kirari was quite admirable and Elina gets a ton of screentime. Her evilness MIGHT be ebbing away. GASP.

Manga is up to volume seven (which I bought at Otakon) and it ain't over yet!

Chiibi out.
Old 2006-08-29, 19:02   Link #49
molitar

Just wish the subbing was quicker.. Episode 2 had me laughing many times.. She is a total riot and Seiji acting like it wasn't her passing her and Hiroto going nuts about him doing it. Very funny.
Old 2006-11-21, 08:29   Link #50
Hayami
lonely soul

Found this show just few days ago and love it!
But I wonder if I'd ever find it if not for my H!P addiction ^_^
I don't like the most shoujo anime, but this show is very special! It reminds me of Karin (similar name = just a coincidence?). I believe that the both shows can be enjoyed by moe fans. It's a shame that many (if not the most) moe fans will not even try these anime.

I've read all posts in this thread (while trying to avoid any spoilers) and I must say I disagree with the most people here >.<

Imho Kusumi Koharu's voice acting is perfect for what she tries to do. I don't want to discuss her professionalism as seiyu in general (and she's so young anyway), but she's perfect at being cute, funny and natural! I've no idea how one can say that she should act cuter, her voice acting is just about as cute as it goes. However she's not typically shoujo-cute, imo she's rather moe-cute. In spite of all the shoujo character design Kirarin reminds me of Halko Momoi's characters like Mii, Tama-chan, Ai (FFU). And even the character design - isn't it a bit too sexy for a pure shoujo show? One of the Kirarin OP images reminded me of the first Tsukuyomi ED ^^. Chiibi's signature perfectly demonstrates Kirarin's awesome moe-ness
Kirarin's gluttony: first I thought it was slightly gross (especially her table manners), but in the end I came to the conclusion that it just adds to her cuteness! It's amazing how she can eat all she wants and yet stay so slender. Kinda reminds me of Sailor Moon. Could it be the perfect princess-test?

But don't get me wrong, I appreciate all aspects of this show, not just Kirarin being cute. For instance Kirarin's grandma's part in ep.2 got me literally LOL.

I see that this thread had no replies for 2-3 months
Isn't anyone going to sub it? Nihon no Kiseki did a nice job, but no new episodes for 3 months already... ( even though Phenie explained the delay, I'm not criticizing them )
Old 2006-12-08, 21:16   Link #51
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

For some reason the 2nd version of episode 1 by NnK caught my eye, and I happened to download it.

And now you can consider me sold:-) Sure, it's cliched, but I just couldn't stop laughing at the various "tactics" employed by Kirarin. She's just super bubbly and crazy!
Old 2006-12-17, 17:12   Link #52
Morikawa Yuki
Aspiring Idol

I totally did not know that we have a post for this series... I thought that given the lack of talk over it that this series would be neglected somehow...
So I am been watching this to the most recent episode and I wonder when the fillers started after the showdown with Fubuki would end already! The manga is already trying to resolve the love triangle while the anime still deals the pet shows and police jobs.
Koharu's voice acting is fine... except when laughing. Once I got used to her, I can't even imagine anyone else doing Kirari's voice except her.
As a kid's show, Kirarin Revolution's CDs have performed exceptionally well or so I have heard. So this series is pretty popular in Japan.
Looking forward to when the spoilers end... by the way, is there 52 episodes or would this series drag on and on?
Old 2007-01-10, 12:39   Link #53
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayami View Post
However she's not typically shoujo-cute, imo she's rather moe-cute.
Moe? Kirari? How is she moe? She's not like *seductive voice* "Oniiiii-chan" or anything...xD
Quote:
And even the character design - isn't it a bit too sexy for a pure shoujo show? One of the Kirarin OP images reminded me of the first Tsukuyomi ED ^^.
Too sexy? Erm no. Compared to stuff like Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi or the classic Sailormoon? No no. Kirari's eyes are almost bigger than her head and she doesn't even have a noticable chest. But perhaps you think this way because of how she dresses? It's meant to be a stylish show, not necessarily sexy.

Quote:
Chiibi's signature perfectly demonstrates Kirarin's awesome moe-ness
Lol well I just see shoujoness again but I'm glad you like. xD
Old 2007-01-10, 13:04   Link #54
martino
makes no files now

I would disagree on the "moe" thing as well...

lol
Old 2007-06-18, 16:57   Link #55
meowmeowneko

Now Kedex is subbing it which caught my eye of the anime. Hopefully since there are alot of raw episodes out there, we can get lots of fansubs pretty quick. Yay Kedex!
Old 2007-06-18, 18:51   Link #56
Hayami
lonely soul

I see, you guys replied almost 2 months after my post, no wonder I missed it >.<
( and I hoped someone would join this discussion back then... oh well )
OK, no problem with it, but now I've to comment it, even though 6 more months passed >_>

First of all - I like Ken Akamatsu's definition of moe best:
http://matthew.animeblogger.net/arch..._talks_moe.php
And if you say he's wrong - I'm glad to be in company like that anyway
In any case it's *much* better than "gar moe" (lol) arguments during the loli battle .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Moe? Kirari? How is she moe? She's not like *seductive voice* "Oniiiii-chan" or anything...xD
Remember Konata calling Miyuki "moe" in Lucky Star? Is Konata wrong too? I can't remember Miyuki having such a "seductive voice".

Quote:
Too sexy? Erm no. Compared to stuff like Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi or the classic Sailormoon? No no. Kirari's eyes are almost bigger than her head and she doesn't even have a noticable chest. But perhaps you think this way because of how she dresses? It's meant to be a stylish show, not necessarily sexy.
Actually I hated Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi, so don't want to comment on it being sexy or not. I liked Sailor Moon, but I wouldn't call it sexy.

So Kirari's dresses aren't sexy? Well, may be we talk about different "sexyness". I find the way how Berryz Kobou, C-ute, and Kirarin's seiyuu Koharu Kusumi dress "sexy" too. It's not the real sexappeal but rather mimicking it.

OK, may be "sexy" is not the right word, but Ken Akamatsu doesn't mention being "sexy" either.
Yet the whole ED makes Kirari-chan look like a part of these sweets, the best part I might add ^^

Yes, the character design is quite typical for shoujo, but it's just the wrapping. The real content is Kirarin's character and it's perfectly moe.

Kirari doesn't win with her own strength. Her ideas mostly fail. Naa-san provides the best ideas. But more importantly - she gets saved by the guys all the time. Literally saved or someone helps her like the manager at the end of ep.2. The only thing Kirari is really good at is being cute, funny and innocent. I wonder if such a protagonist appeals the typical shoujo fans.

If you (re-)read Akamatsu's definition with Kirarin in mind you'll see that she fits it very well.

Even aside from the main character, there's too much stuff that doesn't feel like real shoujo:

- Lacking quality & quantity of bishies
- Lack of (or not enough) competition or any other kind of tension among the bishies
- The female lead is not independent enough
- Too much "look at her", too little "see through her eyes"

Quote:
Lol well I just see shoujoness again but I'm glad you like. xD
I've seen a pretty fierce review of Kirarin by some shoujo fangirl back then (not sure if I can find it now).

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
I would disagree on the "moe" thing as well...

lol
Don't say just "lol", elaborate please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmeowneko View Post
Now Kedex is subbing it which caught my eye of the anime. Hopefully since there are alot of raw episodes out there, we can get lots of fansubs pretty quick. Yay Kedex!
Yay! Thank you MeowMeowNeko for posting it!
I hope Kedex' translation is cute like Phenie's ! ( I would rather wait another year than give it up like Chocosis... )

Last edited by Hayami; 2007-06-18 at 20:38.
Old 2007-06-18, 19:22   Link #57
David Johnston

Are they making a satirical point with the audition episode at no point bringing up the question of how well any of these candidates can sing?
Old 2007-06-18, 21:37   Link #58
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Johnston View Post
Are they making a satirical point with the audition episode at no point bringing up the question of how well any of these candidates can sing?
I haven't seen it, but my guess would be yes. Have you seen a Momusu audition? If you know how Michishige Sayumi got to become a Morning Musume then you'll know singing isn't important at all. She is damn cute though.
Old 2007-06-18, 22:32   Link #59
Shiokaze
Hitsugaya is my hero.

I can't get "Retsu Nyankobikusu" out of my head. My soul keeps getting eaten away. YOU KNOW WHEN YOU CLICK ONE SPOT IN THE MEDIA PLAYER MULTIPLE TIMES.....WHY DID I DO THAT FOR THAT ONE SECOND OF HORROR~?!?!?!!?!?

RETSU NYANKOBIKUSU
RETSU NYANKOBIKUSU
RETSU NYANKOBIKUSU
RETSU NYANKOBIKUSU
RETSU NYANKOBIKUSU
RETSU NYANKOBIKUSU
RETSU NYANKOBIKUSU
RETSU NYANKOBIKUSU
RETSU NYANKOBIKUSU
RETSU NYANKOBIKUSU

Spoiler for RETSU NYANKOBIKUSU:
Old 2007-06-19, 23:16   Link #60