AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-05, 14:09   Link #8921
Dream_Traveller
Banned

@Lowe: A very touching piece, I must say. Shinji's departure was well-described, along with Kay's emotions, but, as said before- what will happen now? I am intrigued, good sir, and I await more.

If any of you recall the scene in which V assaults a group of Numbers and guards, I've also done another version...much more...ehm, how should I say this...vicious. This is what would happen if V got cheesed before he faced Scag...or, in the least, a snippet of it.

Spoiler for Bloody Masquerade:

This is only alternate, but...

Don't mess with V.

I found writing this to be somewhat hard, and, as with the former piece off of which I based this, partly painful, too. But...do tell me what you all think of this.

Last edited by Dream_Traveller; 2007-09-05 at 14:37.
Old 2007-09-05, 14:15   Link #8922
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
My opinion on messing with the space-time continuüm is the same as Janeway, I don't try to understand it. I merely use it.
Ah, wise words from Captain Janeway, for one who's been through a lot of space-time bending situations herself

Unfortunately, space-time is actually one of field I'm rather interested in. Theoretical applications of course. And I do try to understand it. Like the possible solutions to the causality paradox mentioned above (which there are two, that form the basis of the solution for most time-travel situations: parallel alternate timelines or predetermination).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko
I usually mess around with speeds differently. I have one character that keeps apearing in the Star Wars universe. He's fought with the mandalorians, helped Revan, seen the clone wars, witnessed the rise and fall of the empire, looked on as the jedi were re-established, was a major pain-in-the-ass for the Vong, and yet didn't even live in the same dimension. The reason why he kept apearing in the history pages was because the time in the Star Wars dimension flew far faster then any other.
So basically he just lives his life normally, but a few days living in his own dimension translates to centuries in the SW-verse... strange way to make a name out of yourself

Quote:
Most of us here are familiar with creating things and finding them back in Nanoha later on.
Exactly why the setting for the Nanohaverse is almost perfect for breeding creativity-spawning EPIC BLUECHEESIUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
If any of you recall the scene in which V assaults a group of Numbers and guards, I've also done another version...much more...ehm, how should I say this...vicious. This is what would happen if V got cheesed before he faced Scag...or, in the least, a snippet of it.

Don't mess with V.

I found writing this to be somewhat hard, and, as with the former piece off of which I based this, partly painful, too. But...do tell me what you all think of this.
OH S***

Nove wasn't just knocked out this time around... she truly got wasted!!! And now Cinque is much angrier than ever

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-09-05, 14:38   Link #8923
stormturmoil
Field Medic

Send a message via AIM to stormturmoil Send a message via MSN to stormturmoil
The trouble with doing something like this is...

It gets Cinque angry. Angry enough not to hold back...

Angry enough to explode V from the inside out merely by touching him, and rumble detonating the metal in his body...the calcium in his bones, the iron in his blood, the potassium and sodium in his nerves.

After this, her IS may well end up nicknamed 'Rumble Blender', because that's what will look like happened to V...

( tip to all OC's: do not get Cinque angry enough to stop her holding back...)
Old 2007-09-05, 14:45   Link #8924
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
@Lowe: A very touching piece, I must say. Shinji's departure was well-described, along with Kay's emotions, but, as said before- what will happen now? I am intrigued, good sir, and I await more.

Don't mess with V.

I've been thinking, what if V were to fight an 'awakened' Keroko? Where her corruption did not destroy, but instead took over?

Spoiler for I'd say you were looking at something like this:

*wanders off the play with the awakened Keroko scenario some more*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Ah, wise words from Captain Janeway, for one who's been through a lot of space-time bending situations herself

Unfortunately, space-time is actually one of field I'm rather interested in. Theoretical applications of course. And I do try to understand it. Like the possible solutions to the causality paradox mentioned above (which there are two, that form the basis of the solution for most time-travel situations: parallel alternate timelines or predetermination).
I love the general paradox idea of "If you went back in time and killed your father." Enough to drive many a scientist mad.

Quote:
So basically he just lives his life normally, but a few days living in his own dimension translates to centuries in the SW-verse... strange way to make a name out of yourself
It becomes even more fun when he's talking about the mandalorian wars as if they happened yesterday. Or when anakin comes around in discussions.

"Anakin? Yeah, I remember him. Squirt could race, won the Boonta to get us the parts we need, then flew his fighter in a droid ship and blew it up a few weeks later, freeing an opressed planet. He couldn't stand being ruffled, though. Why do you ask?"
Jake Tyrell to a now bug-eyed Luke Skywalker

Quote:
Exactly why the setting for the Nanohaverse is almost perfect for breeding creativity-spawning EPIC BLUECHEESIUM
One more for the biggest thread in Animesuki!
Old 2007-09-05, 14:53   Link #8925
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormturmoil View Post

Angry enough to explode V from the inside out merely by touching him, and rumble detonating the metal in his body...the calcium in his bones, the iron in his blood, the potassium and sodium in his nerves.

After this, her IS may well end up nicknamed 'Rumble Blender', because that's what will look like happened to V...

Well, V will just have to be careful if that's the case. To quote a certain play:

"Though this be madness, there is method in 't."

V is in...well, something of a partly-controlled rage. He can notice what's going on around him, obviously, and, despite him being infuriated, he...well, knows what he's doing. It's only really when he faces Scag that he loses every shred of self-control...and, if what you said about Rumble Detonator is true, V will have to keep his guard up, but, as said, there is a method to his madness.

And to you Keroko...that scenario is WIN! More, I beseech you!
Old 2007-09-05, 14:55   Link #8926
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormturmoil View Post

Much noted

Quote:
I've been thinking, what if V were to fight an 'awakened' Keroko? Where her corruption did not destroy, but instead took over?

Spoiler for I'd say you were looking at something like this:

*wanders off the play with the awakened Keroko scenario some more*
Is it strange that I find this scene unintentionally funny? I mean here we have V, badass extraordinaire, acting his awesome self, only to find that his opponent is a one of the most powerful dark Dragons in existence

Quote:
I love the general paradox idea of "If you went back in time and killed your father." Enough to drive many a scientist mad.
Not every scientist though, or else they wouldn't be able to write books on the subject, especially my favorite book on it, "The Fabric of the Cosmos" by Brian Greene Recommended reading

Quote:
It becomes even more fun when he's talking about the mandalorian wars as if they happened yesterday. Or when anakin comes around in discussions.

"Anakin? Yeah, I remember him. Squirt could race, won the Boonta to get us the parts we need, then flew his fighter in a droid ship and blew it up a few weeks later, freeing an opressed planet. He couldn't stand being ruffled, though. Why do you ask?"
Jake Tyrell to a now bug-eyed Luke Skywalker
In Luke's mind, the image probably DOES NOT COMPUTE He'd be a historian's dream though, since events in their distant past are relatively fresh in his mind

Quote:
One more for the biggest thread in Animesuki!
Indeed

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-09-05, 15:05   Link #8927
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Hmm somewhat unusual multiverse there, since with time supposed to be relative I find it strange for multiple universes independent of each other to have "multiversal" time so to speak I more rather like the idea of several universes within the multiverse having relative times... so while one universe is just being born, another is already dying out, and even then that dying universe may have died out BEFORE the first one was born in a relativistic sense, due to the unstable nature of so called "inter-universal" "space-time"
But see in my story the "universe" aren’t really “independent” at all they’re all part of a larger overarching multi-verse, “universes” in my story are somewhat like galaxies in our own universes (not quite as they can have some minor differences in certain physical laws but close). Also the entire thing was created at once by the big bang so the starting point is the same for all universes, how they evolved from their can vary, but they are all precisely the same age, to the tinniest unit of time and time is one of the few things they all share. Unless effected by certain types of magic or tech(and those are almost always very small scale, planetary AT MOST) time flows at the same rate and in the same way across them all.

It is odd I admit, but it was crafted that way to prevent rampant time travel abuse. Under allot of methods for this kind of thing you ought to be able to pick a time to enter the other universe, which opens up rampant time travel and all sorts of issues like in the novel “Forever War” novel where in you have ships coming back into from a battle a thousand years in the future while another next it came back from a thousand years in the past, etc, etc. This way though since all universes are on a linked timeline anyone traveling between them isn’t time traveling but is merely changing location.

So to avoid the above issues I basiclly said “all universes are linked by a single timeline, so you can travel between them, but only to one universal “present” no flying into another universe 10,000 years in the past or anything. Now the “present” for one place could be the stone age and it could be the Culture for another, but still spatially speaking all universes are on the same clock. It also just so happens that the “present” of a universe often seems to coincide with an era depicted in the relevant fiction… funny that.

Bizarrely though time travel WITHIN a universe is possible, to an extent (it was too rampant in source materials for shows I wanted to include to totally disallow), but it’s difficult and fraught with risk. The universe also enforces consistency control, basiclly anything you do while going back in time is because you were supposed to go back and do it to begin with! So history is basiclly set anything that has happened was supposed to happen and will happen, and even if someone goes back and seemingly “alters” something that has happened, they really haven’t cause acutally even THAT was supposed to happen. The future though is anything but set, until something has happened it isn’t protected so you’re still shaping the future, but once the future becomes the present and then past, it’s protected from tampering.

Or something like that, this stuff makes my head hurt, basiclly I just didn’t want to deal with time travel and shit and just said “everyone’s on the same damn time end of story.” Why? Because I’m the fucking god of this place and I said so.

Quote:
And using SG1 for base of operations? Nice, especially with the Stargate network able to not only travel through space but time as well under the right circumstances, definitely useful for multiverse travel
Acutally it can go between universes in canon too. In the ninth season for instance they end up with like a dozen SG-1 from other universes coming through the Stargate. It later revealed the first team through acutally planned this by routing the wormhole near a black hole in order to steal a ZPM, Carter gets zapped into still another in the tenth, and let’s not forget the Dimensional mirror in the first season! SG-1 is just rampant with this stuff.

Quote:
But I never did see that episode of SG1... Jack O Neill should write the field manual on what to do in a timeloop
Jack could write a manual on damn near anything:
Being standard on a primitive world? Check.
Surviving long periods of brutal torture. You bet.
Single Ship suicide run on enemy super weapon. No problem.
Sent back in time to the 1960s? Easy as pie.
Weird alien knowledge stuck in your brain! No sweat!

Quote:
But it's strange... reading your description of your "multiverse organization" sounds like an similar idea of mine a long time ago, in fact I mentioned it before in this post. And my initial idea sounds much like yours, an all-tech organization, although my base of Ops was the Starcraft-verse
It seems like a kind of natural thing, once you start getting sort of similar groups together it only makes sense they'd ally and grow closer over time into perhaps even a quasi government.

Quote:
Wondering how your multiverse adventures would've panned out
I'll still write stuff in it, but it is as I said rather disjointed and probably won't be published anytime soon.
Old 2007-09-05, 15:29   Link #8928
Erio
Hiromi

Wow Lowe, you're still awake?

Just some backlog smashing... Still a bit out of the loop as far as current discussions are concerned, but I gotta say, Tk3997, that's some pretty interesting stuff you got there. I like your idea of people who go back in time are really doing it because they are supposed to.

Quote:
Snippet Time!!!!!

For the first time, I finally introduce a character of mine that I've mentioned only twice in all of my scenarios, yet one who has appeared so early in this thread. Formal intro later, but here's a snippet from upcoming chapter:

Spoiler for Evening:
Quote:
Hmmm...

Seems I've been making a habit of posting "previews" lately

Anyways, more Snippet Time, with another short piece, which continues from this snippet, concerning a certain AI.

Spoiler for Searcher:
Now you have me wondering what's going to happen. I'm surprised, though, that you're taking Shinji, Asuka and Rei to this level... I wasnt expecting that. Also, Kay seems so much more mature now... I guess that's because she's a mother now, huh? Way to go Glock!!!
Old 2007-09-05, 15:32   Link #8929
Erio
Hiromi

EDIT: Oops! I clicked the wrong button... sorry for the double post.

Quote:

Don't mess with V.

Nove!! You sure have something against poor Nove, huh?

And Cinque... Will there be a second part, sir? Or does this link to their fight you've already posted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
NOOOOOOOOOOO!! Aaron-kun is our pure-minded MODERATOR!!! NOOOOOOOOO!!
I lol'ed at this.
Old 2007-09-05, 15:38   Link #8930
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
But see in my story the universe aren’t really “independent” at all they’re all part of a larger overarching multi-verse, “universes” in my story are somewhat like galaxies in our own universes (not quite as they can have some minor differences in certain physical laws but close). Also the entire thing was created at once by the big bang so the starting point is the same for all universes, how they evolved from their can vary, but they are all precisely the same age, to the tinniest unit of time and time is one of the few things they all share. Unless effected by certain types of magic or tech(and those are almost always very small scale, planetary AT MOST) time flows at the same rate and in the same way across them all.

It is odd I admit, but it was crafted that way to prevent rampant time travel abuse, this way since all universes are on a linked timeline anyone traveling between them isn’t time traveling but is merely changing location.

Under allot of methods for this kind of thing you ought to be able to pick a time to enter the other universe, which opens up rampant time travel and all sorts of issues like in the novel “Forever War” novel where in you have ships coming back into from a battle a thousand years in the future while another next it came back from a thousand years in the past, etc, etc

So to avoid that I basiclly said “all universes are linked by a single timeline, so you can travel between them, but only to one universal “present” no flying into another universe 10,000 years in the past or anything. Now the “present” for one place could be the stone age and it could be the Culture for another, but still spatially speaking all universes are on the same clock. It also just so happens that the “present” of a universe often seems to coincide with an era depicted in the relevant fiction… funny that.

Bizarrely though time travel WITHIN a universe is possible, to an extent (it was too rampant in source materials for shows I wanted to include to totally disallow), but it’s difficult and fraught with risk. The universe also enforces consistency control, basiclly anything you do while going back in time is because you were supposed to go back and do it to begin with! So history is basiclly set anything that has happened was supposed to happen and will happen, and even if someone goes back and seemingly “alters” something that has happened, they really haven’t cause acutally even THAT was supposed to happen. The future though is anything but set, until something has happened it isn’t protected so you’re still shaping the future, but once the future becomes the present and then past, it’s protected from tampering.
[fiction]

It's probably because I do believe in the big bang being the origin of just ONE universe, and not a multiverse that I find this concept refreshing, but odd

That linear interpretation of Predetermination though is a bit harder to swallow for me. While we all talk about time in terms of "past" "present" and "future" in normal conversation, as an enthusiast of relativity I believe that time does not flow like a river where you move from one point of time into the next, and the "future becomes the present then becomes the past" in a linear fashion, and that you create a "timeline" like how you'd lay a red carpet. I see a much more elegant, yet somewhat confusing timeline where past, present and future only hold meaning to the beholder experiencing the event. For a time traveller, saying that he just travelled into the past isn't quite accurate: Past compared to his "previous" temporal location, but "currently", his "past" is the "present". And that even though the "future" is set, one can still "choose" which "future" he can choose due to the uncertainty principle.

In fact, I can go so far and basically violate the dictum that "one cannot travel back any further into the past than the first time machine" and actually justify it by offering a grandiose looping "time", where time, as a WHOLE, not just the universe, or the multiverse, but literally EVERYTHING, loops around itself. Which means that, if you wait patiently enough (an eternity in our mere human comprehension), you'll end up right back where you started in the this "present", which was the "past" that you reached waiting for the "future" So in fact, you can go back in time further back than when your time machine was built, because as far as the long-term, your "future" would lead to your past anyway I can actually explain the same thing about SPACE itself, basing on an unusual concept I read about regarding string theory,but in layman understanding, "the large is the small, and the small is the large".

(Considering storytelling, my central character finds herself in a dilemna: Why try and maintain order in space-time, and in different universes, when in the long-term it wouldn't make any difference, if the same thing will inevitably occur again, no matter the intervention?)

If only I have more accurate words to describe the relationships between the past, the present and the future that work in relativistic terms while being absolute in definition.

[/fiction]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997
Or something like that, this stuff makes my head hurt, basiclly I just didn’t want to deal with time travel and shit and just said “everyone’s on the same damn time end of story.” Why? Because I’m the fucking god of this place and I said so.
QUOTED FOR TRUTH

The Laws of Physics bend to the will of the Writer's Pen and the Human Imagination

Quote:
Acutally it can go between universes in canon too. In the ninth season for instance they end up with like a dozen SG-1 from other universes coming through the Stargate. It later revealed the first team through acutally planned this by routing the wormhole near a black hole in order to steal a ZPM, Carter gets zapped into still another in the tenth, and let’s not forget the Dimensional mirror in the first season! SG-1 is just rampant with this stuff.
I've yet to see the 9th season (stupid local channels), but yep, SG-1 likes to mess with the space-time continuum in wierder ways than even Trek

Quote:

To misquote from Babylon 5:

O'Niell is God

Quote:
I'll still write stuff in it, but it is as I said rather disjointed and probably won't be published anytime soon.
Considering the nature of the setting, I think a disjointed story would be more appropriate methinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
Wow Lowe, you're still awake?
For some reason, I can't sleep today... and yet I feel wide awake (and all I ingested today was Iced Tea)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio
Now you have me wondering what's going to happen. I'm surprised, though, that you're taking Shinji, Asuka and Rei to this level... I wasnt expecting that. Also, Kay seems so much more mature now... I guess that's because she's a mother now, huh? Way to go Glock!!!

Well timeline-wise, this part takes place before the Zubaida Arc, so this'll be her first time having the AI's out with their own bodies. She's been a mother to her "children" before, but now with physical bodies that maternal instinct's gonna snowball, as seen in the Zubaida Arc

At least Glock knows that to expect when their children truly are human...

Old 2007-09-05, 15:46   Link #8931
Dream_Traveller
Banned

I don't hold any animosity towards Nove, good sir- it's just I see her as one of the Numbers more susceptible to death. I highly doubt any of the Numbers will die in StrikerS, but Nove just seems to me like one of those characters who faces death in some senses. I like her, yes, but it's just my own attitude towards this.

Last edited by Dream_Traveller; 2007-09-05 at 16:01.
Old 2007-09-05, 16:02   Link #8932
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
[fiction]

It's probably because I do believe in the big bang being the origin of just ONE universe, and not a multiverse that I find this concept refreshing, but odd

That linear interpretation of Predetermination though is a bit harder to swallow for me. While we all talk about time in terms of "past" "present" and "future" in normal conversation, as an enthusiast of relativity I believe that time does not flow like a river where you move from one point of time into the next, and the "future becomes the present then becomes the past" in a linear fashion, and that you create a "timeline" like how you'd lay a red carpet. I see a much more elegant, yet somewhat confusing timeline where past, present and future only hold meaning to the beholder experiencing the event. For a time traveller, saying that he just travelled into the past isn't quite accurate: Past compared to his "previous" temporal location, but "currently", his "past" is the "present". And that even though the "future" is set, one can still "choose" which "future" he can choose due to the uncertainty principle.

In fact, I can go so far and basically violate the dictum that "one cannot travel back any further into the past than the first time machine" and actually justify it by offering a grandiose looping "time", where time, as a WHOLE, not just the universe, or the multiverse, but literally EVERYTHING, loops around itself. Which means that, if you wait patiently enough (an eternity in our mere human comprehension), you'll end up right back where you started in the this "present", which was the "past" that you reached waiting for the "future" So in fact, you can go back in time further back than when your time machine was built, because as far as the long-term, your "future" would lead to your past anyway I can actually explain the same thing about SPACE itself, basing on an unusual concept I read about regarding string theory,but in layman understanding, "the large is the small, and the small is the large".

(Considering storytelling, my central character finds herself in a dilemna: Why try and maintain order in space-time, and in different universes, when in the long-term it wouldn't make any difference, if the same thing will inevitably occur again, no matter the intervention?)

If only I have more accurate words to describe the relationships between the past, the present and the future that work in relativistic terms while being absolute in definition.

[/fiction]
Lowe, you have just canceled the Tylenol I just swallowed.

I do get what you're trying to say... That second paragraph, though, is pure (literally lol)

Quote:

Well timeline-wise, this part takes place before the Zubaida Arc, so this'll be her first time having the AI's out with their own bodies. She's been a mother to her "children" before, but now with physical bodies that maternal instinct's gonna snowball, as seen in the Zubaida Arc

At least Glock knows that to expect when their children truly are human...
Before Zubaida, huh? I see.

And did Glock just get a hold of that glowing scrying ball? I wonder if he saw a similar scene...

Quote:
I don't hold any animosity towards Nove, good sir- it's just I see her as one of the Numbers more susceptible to death. I highly doubt any of the Numbers will die in StrikerS, but Nove just seems to me like one of those characters who faces death in some senses. I like her, yes, but it's just my own attitude towards the whole situation.
Good point. She is indeed the most hotblooded one. And yeah, no Numbers will die in StrikerS apparently. Personally I dont want them to die, but still it is pretty anticlimatic...
Old 2007-09-05, 16:09   Link #8933
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
Lowe, you have just canceled the Tylenol I just swallowed.

I do get what you're trying to say... That second paragraph, though, is pure (literally lol)
Oh, it took a while for me to reach this stage where I can think of such things and not get a headache

Quote:
Before Zubaida, huh? I see.

And did Glock just get a hold of that glowing scrying ball? I wonder if he saw a similar scene...
You must not speak of that sacred objectyet!!!

()

If he ever did, he'd be a bit more embarrased with Kay then he is now

*continues scrying*

Quote:
Good point. She is indeed the most hotblooded one. And yeah, no Numbers will die in StrikerS apparently. Personally I dont want them to die, but still it is pretty anticlimatic...
But at least they become available for all the machinations we might plan for them... especially Cinque, Wendi, Nove and Sei

Old 2007-09-05, 16:25   Link #8934
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Spoiler for Less Clutter:

Different strokes see me I just don’t like time travel and such as a plot element all that much, often comes off as either corny or as a “deux ex machine” for some problem. So for me past-present-future works fine since I don’t intend to be messing with space time in any serious way to begin with. All I’m interested in is explaining away the few instances of time travel that happen in various universes before my story begins and preventing it’s large scale use in the future. I’m really not interested in a “War that spans time” or anything.

I find some theoretical physics interesting (my sister is majoring in physics) and intriguing, but when writing I prefer the KISS principle. I really don’t want to have people diving for Wiki’s to try and figure out how the hell space time works in my universe. People get past-present-future, and it works in my setting so I’m not going to for any more grandiose then that.

Anyway I got to get to class (Substance Abuse tonight fun, fun) so I'll see you all later.
Old 2007-09-05, 17:05   Link #8935
Dream_Traveller
Banned

@Tk: I haven't commented on your typing...since it's pretty massive, I'll keep it brief. Nevertheless, it is intriguing...and I see you're willing to apply Stargate principles to Nanoha, hm? Sounds intriguing...though I wonder how the Bureau will go about decimating hostile planets...Arc-en-Ciel rain? You're not particularly lenient towards the whole time travel aspect, however...

And, I decided to write up a short piece to continue Keroko's in a way.

Spoiler for Segment:

Heh, shortest work I've ever written so far. Apologies, Keroko, if you had other plans...I just had to conjure up a continuation of that fine work of yours.
Old 2007-09-05, 18:28   Link #8936
Wibbles
Better than you.

I just did a massive update on Katsuhito's profile. Tell me what you think!
Old 2007-09-05, 19:15   Link #8937
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:
WANT

Quote:
[That's somewhat...

*notes down*
Interesting?

===============

Quote:
And Marciano's made me go

Twelve sisters are always win. to bad it was such a short anime...
Of course Twelve sisters are always win!

Is that show good?

===============

Quote:
So Knight Armor = Barrier Jacket and the field and barrier spell that comes with it?
Quote:
I think USB was just being thorough, canonically there is no functional difference between Knight Armor and Barrier Jackets. The only difference would be whether a Knight or a Mage uses it.
What he said.

====================

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Sou ka... Lamia and Signum have the same VA, ne? .
Yes. Too bad Lamia's loads are bigger than Signum's

*dodges Phantom Phoenix & Hiryuu Issen*

============

Quote:
@USB: Ah, I expected the Calendar Sisters to be as depicted. Good work, good sir, and I'm looking forward to seeing more info on those twelve- will a short snippet involving them be up any time soon? And will Marciano be referenced in any fashion?

And, as for that Hikki/Nove/Cinque/Nanoha scenario....

WANT.
1: well, I just outlined the Gale Sisters Saga's story, but can't reveal it here yet.

2: am working on it ASAP

Quote:
Spoiler for Sir Monday:

Spoiler for Lord Wednesday:

Spoiler for Duchess Friday:

Spoiler for Count Sunday:
I recognize Sunday & Friday. But the other twos?

BTW, where's Thursday?
Old 2007-09-05, 19:24   Link #8938
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
I recognize Sunday & Friday. But the other twos?

BTW, where's Thursday?
Monday is a guy from Negima; Wednesday is Jin Kariya from Bleach.

Quote:
Oh, it took a while for me to reach this stage where I can think of such things and not get a headache
You're immune to must of the stuff I go about... As expected from ANIKI!!!!

Quote:
You must not speak of that sacred objectyet!!!

()

If he ever did, he'd be a bit more embarrased with Kay then he is now

*continues scrying*
Forgive me, aniki.

And lol at that... I can already imagine it...

Quote:
But at least they become available for all the machinations we might plan for them... especially Cinque, Wendi, Nove and Sei
Very true. Just need to see the end of StrikerS so I can make preparations for Prison Break.
Old 2007-09-05, 19:25   Link #8939
Tals
Messianic Sundae

Quote:
Yup, Entropy is quite the unusual looking device there (though now that I think about it... why is he called "Entropy" ? )

And an OC named "Guy"? That's like instant WIN points for name alone And with his personality and passion for magitech would make him him get along with with Aurion, Kha or Keroko

No age for him though?
Why "Entropy?" Well, aside from just being a cool name, I plan on abusing the aforementioned "lingering mental effects" of it's proto-Unison abilities to have a whole mess of wacky psychological hijinks, and the scientific term for chaos seems like a good name for a device that is infused with the remnants of countless other people's minds.

Glad you like his name, I've always felt like anytime someone is named Guy in an anime he's doomed to be a secondary character who supports the protagonist, and perhaps takes a bullet/sword for him. So I'm setting out to change that with a Guy who's a little less "self-sacrificing support character" a little more "maniacally overconfident protagonist."

And he has an age, I just plan on writing starting from the beginning, and if his profile started there it'd be sorta boring.
Device: None
Abilities: Worthless
Specialization: Doesn't like working
etc, would be a bit of a letdown don't you think. This way everyone can see what direction I plan on taking him, but still leave enough leeway to write in new stuff as it comes up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haiz123321 View Post
For the redirecting part, does this take alot of energy?
Well that bit came from an idea I had when they were discussing the different types of barriers(hey, a perfect excuse to go watch a bunch of Nanoha, it's for Research!) It seemed to me that every time someone used a barrier it was to block an incoming attack, so what would happen if you angled it slightly and instead tried to deflect it. Then I got to thinking, can't they shape barriers, why not use cone shaped ones to deflect beam attacks around yourself, or use them like mirrors to ricochet long range attacks back at an enemy. Seems they've got a lot of uses to me, some of them perhaps requiring a lot of extra energy, some just requiring a little basic geometry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wibbles View Post
I just did a massive update on Katsuhito's profile. Tell me what you think!
Where is it, I keep getting this feeling that theres an easier way to find this stuff that doesn't involve trekking through 400 pages of unrelated discussion just to find one character's profile.

As for all this discussion about multiverses and other such shenanigan's, I prefer to think of it as a bunch of smaller alternate universes that all follow the same temporal path, that way you don't get into any trouble with time travel paradoxes and dimensional paradoxes both running amok making everything impossible to understand. Though to get technical, I'm pretty sure time is constant throughout all universes, since it's for the most part arbitrary, the difference would be in the direction that it seems to flow. Ours goes from low entropy to high (egg is whole, egg is dropped on floor, egg is now shattered into a random assortment of pieces), but others could have no flow or one that goes in some other direction. But enough armchair physics, I'll leave those things to the professionals, they all probably like doing calculus, unlike me.

Moving on, I've got more of Entropy's abilities written up, and is it just me or is the hardest part coming up with names that don't sound goofy as hell.

Spoiler for Entropy: Abilities:

And to tie it all off, I've gotten started on some actual writing, just to make sure I can still form coherent thoughts and write dialog. Here's hoping.

Spoiler for Introductions::
Old 2007-09-05, 19:36   Link #8940
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tals View Post
Where is it, I keep getting this feeling that theres an easier way to find this stuff that doesn't involve trekking through 400 pages of unrelated discussion just to find one character's profile.

There is.
Closed Thread