AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-02-18, 00:21   Link #22601
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

If the Stinger has a foregrip and the shoulder support. Accurate shots do sound feasible provided the user doesn't simply let out a spray of bullets.

As for the Desert Ranger, it's a balance of some sort. If the the recoil reduction lies in the grip, the user's hands will be able to remain stable at each shot fired.
Old 2012-02-18, 00:26   Link #22602
Eratas123

Uzi's are horribly inaccurate with no foregrip or sights. They're mostly used as crowd clearers and spray and pray rather than for accurate gunfighting.

Going home, he back in an hour.
Old 2012-02-18, 00:27   Link #22603
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I don't think I ever heard a knife being upgraded. Unless you talk about electronic component within the knife, theoretically infinite.

Also, yay for fore-grip, one-handed wielding be damned.
Old 2012-02-18, 00:30   Link #22604
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Also, I'm not sure if it's possible for the KRISS anti-recoil tech to be used for smaller units than the KRISS unit itself. I think the mechanism used needs to be a certain mass and size before it's effective. If you place it on a handgun, the effect may possibly be negligible.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 01:06   Link #22605
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Got a brief summary of my take on a Second Shift Blue Tears:

Spoiler for Alice:

How does it look?

Last edited by StratoSpear; 2012-02-18 at 01:30.
StratoSpear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 01:18   Link #22606
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The railguns carrying an explosive payload seem odd. Many sources on railguns as weapons talk about the advantage of railguns not needing gunpowder or explosives at all as an advantage because the kinetic force of the slug is enough to cause massive damage akin to explosions. Though I've never seen how a target fared after being hit with one.
Old 2012-02-18, 01:29   Link #22607
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
The railguns carrying an explosive payload seem odd. Many sources on railguns as weapons talk about the advantage of railguns not needing gunpowder or explosives at all as an advantage because the kinetic force of the slug is enough to cause massive damage akin to explosions. Though I've never seen how a target fared after being hit with one.
IS units tend to sport barriers which negates most caliber weapons. Though I'm pretty sure pilots would still flinch at the impact of a .79 caliber shell.

Living up to the suppression fire role of the Blue Tears, having that much force complemented by an explosive payload will most probably knock just just about any IS units off the skies, or at least throw the pilots into momentary disarray.
Old 2012-02-18, 01:32   Link #22608
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Thinking of upgrades I can add to the JK. Any suggestions?
Old 2012-02-18, 01:32   Link #22609
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi

indeed odd, especially the fact that Railgun directly conducts electricity to the projectile, which mean bad for the detonation fuse.

Coilgun however has no such problem, and the magnetic accelerator is used as substitute for propellant. Again detonation fuse become a problem of sort, it has to be able to survive high acceleration, therefore the maximum launching velocity will be limited, or opting for longer barrel.

@ Eras

How about high temperature caused by frequency oscillation, enhances it's ability to cut through soft target (flesh, kevlar etc).
Old 2012-02-18, 01:36   Link #22610
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
indeed odd, especially the fact that Railgun directly conducts electricity to the projectile, which mean bad for the detonation fuse.

Coilgun however has no such problem, and the magnetic accelerator is used as substitute for propellant.
I thought it would make the shell more... volatile, reducing the chances of misfiring upon impact. "Misfiring" as in the shell doesn't go kaboom when its supposed to.

Would Coilguns be able to launch a .79 shell at Mach 6.5 right off the bat?
Old 2012-02-18, 01:36   Link #22611
Eratas123

I thought of that (Metal gear FTW), but how do you do that to a knife?
Old 2012-02-18, 01:38   Link #22612
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@stratos: depends on how much juice you're providing to the magnets and how long the barrel length is. Both are relative to the muzzle velocity.
Old 2012-02-18, 01:39   Link #22613
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Stratos
Or maybe, having thee shell go BOOM before it's even leaving the barrel. We're talking about large amount of electricity here (that may ignite the payload).

@ Eras
By conducting electric pulse into the blade itself (or a heating element within it), superheating the blade (the energy has to go somewhere). Think an iron, but 20 times hotter.

EDIT: however this means the blade will became brittle and using it at hard surface will damage the blade.
Old 2012-02-18, 01:40   Link #22614
Eratas123

Wouldn't that burn his hand if he tries to use it?
Old 2012-02-18, 01:42   Link #22615
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
@stratos: depends on how much juice you're providing to the magnets and how long the barrel length is. Both are relative to the muzzle velocity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
@ Stratos
Or maybe, having thee shell go BOOM before it's even leaving the barrel. We're talking about large amount of electricity here (that may ignite the payload).
Seeing as how the Minerva's Pitone railcannons could do the trick, I'm going to run with the idea that "IS can do better". So I'll be doing some minor rectifications to that.
Old 2012-02-18, 01:44   Link #22616
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Nope if the handle is well insulated, but he will felt immense air temperature due to heat radiation (again, that energy has to go somewhere) similar to the case of beam saber. Irish will be a walking air heater.
Old 2012-02-18, 01:47   Link #22617
Eratas123

Does that mean he can never sheath the blade if it's activated? Also, does stabbing that to someone kill them?

Side note - How come manga always portrays taking care of sick people as "Take off their clothes then wipe their entire body."? Seems kinda overblown.
Old 2012-02-18, 01:51   Link #22618
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Does Irish carry only 1 knife?
Old 2012-02-18, 01:52   Link #22619
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Does that mean he can never sheath the blade if it's activated? Also, does stabbing that to someone kill them?

Side note - How come manga always portrays taking care of sick people as "Take off their clothes then wipe their entire body."? Seems kinda overblown.
Well, that's what my mom does when I have a fever...sometimes, maybe...
Old 2012-02-18, 01:53   Link #22620
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yes, he can't. Also, yes, easily more lethal than ordinary knife.

Note - Well, most Japanese really wanted themselves to keep themselves clean. However, it was well known that sick people shouldn't take a bath. In this case, to remove the sweat residue and few dirt, wiping it with a clothes and WARM water will do the job.

Of course, rule of romantic/rule of heartwarming came into play in most anime/manga, since sick people are helpless and it's up to the caretaker to do it

(Yes, I did just that, I'm a nurse after all )

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest