AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-08-27, 23:08   Link #1141
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Personally I won't even bother with Shen atm. Can't solo top, doesn't offer much to your carry at bot, and can't do jungle effeciently. They really crippled him, which is really bad because out of the many 'main tanks' available, he is the one with the worst initiation.

As for Lux, I like the alternative build (aka. Roku's build) in using a mid-range nuker with something like sheen --> lichbane, dfg, deathcap. Not sure if it's better build, but its so much fun trying to pop your passive as much as possible without dying. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 01:11   Link #1142
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
As for Lux, I like the alternative build (aka. Roku's build) in using a mid-range nuker with something like sheen --> lichbane, dfg, deathcap. Not sure if it's better build, but its so much fun trying to pop your passive as much as possible without dying. XD
Build efficiency depends on the player, but I'm sure this is one build I'd never get to work, Lux has low AS and average range, and trying to proc lich bane should kill your positioning, which is what Lux should really be aware of.
Quote:
Shen isn't a good farmer , Warmog is useless & it costs a lot and + you are the tank.
Atma/Frozen useless items , he doesn't need it. You hit too slow + you are the tank.
First argument, I can understand, but mallet is what makes people unable to ignore you, isn't that a tank's weakness? Also, Randuin's and thornmail don't really work well together, I'd rather get a sunfire cape or a GA instead of the latter.
Quote:
AP Tank = AP , forgive the tank part , you die like a carry. Stun Focus Instant Kill.
Was kinda expecting this, it's a shame though...AP Shen had some good feint power

@ Kain: since you know a lot about jungling, what setup and route should I use for jungling Jarvan?

EDIT: @ v : fair enough, they come cheaper too.

Last edited by Kafriel; 2011-08-28 at 03:41.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 03:28   Link #1143
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
First argument, I can understand, but mallet is what makes people unable to ignore you, isn't that a tank's weakness? Also, Randuin's and thornmail don't really work well together, I'd rather get a sunfire cape or a GA instead of the latter.
Taunt is what makes people unable to ignore you. Next one is Sunfire Cape, and Aegis.

No one focuses on Shen because he has Frozen Mallet.
Old 2011-08-28, 04:15   Link #1144
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:

Well try your build in a game to see if it works well.
And ofc Sunfire cape is a must for shen.
GA , it depends if you die quickly or get focused take it , otherwise , if your opponent don't bother about you and just kill you in the end , take a Thornmail/Banshee.

The core build that i used (it's been a long time that i don't play with him)

- Merc's tread
- Aegis
- Sunfire Cape/FoN
- Randuin/FoN/Sunfire Cape
- FoN/Randuin
- Banshee/Thornmail - GA

& just use Q-E-R skills in TF you don't need the W , it costs energy for nothing & then you can taunt again without waiting for energy back.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 09:03   Link #1145
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

After finally unlocking T3 runes I can now start building up my rune pages :3 However I can't really decide on the glyphs and seals :/ For the marks I went with magic penetration.

I like playing AP carries like Anivia or support like Alistar, Sona, Janna etc. If I could use a (general) setup for all of them that would be the best but I'm open to suggestions.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 11:46   Link #1146
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Sounds like you're a perfect fit for mp5 seals, as the people you listed all need MP.

As for glyphs, I see more 'pros' going for scaling AP glyphs. Laymen generally like flat CDR glyphs though, because with 9/0/21 masteries + flat CDR + blue buff@lvl 18, you would hit the CDR cap. Flat CDR glyphs are expensive though, so its up to you.

Old 2011-08-30, 12:54   Link #1147
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

With Anivia, mp5 doesn't really help much. I also recommend some AP rune for glyphs and seals.
Old 2011-08-30, 20:01   Link #1148
kureizero

Solo Top/Mid Soraka is now my favorite way to play her. People always underestimate her damage especially when their MR gets shredded to negatives and don't realize it. With the fact you can accrue farm as Soraka in a solo lane now means that your end game is coming much earlier and the ability to have some tank items like Dodge/Merc Boots, Frozen Heart and Abyssal Scepter along with Deathcap and WotA means you can pretty much play team tank while shredding MR and doing 200-500 damage starcalls and laughing at the opposing team as they die ever so slowly without being able to do anything besides run.
kureizero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 02:22   Link #1149
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Btw, Lux is Marisa.
Look wise I'd have to agree at least , her skills still remind me of Nanoha [though I don't know Marisa's]

Quote:
Lux is a safe champ, always sitting behind everyone else, has a slow, a root and a shield, pretty balanced support. Item-wise, I always build RoA, sorc boots, Arc staff, deathcap, morello's evil tome, void staff, getting some pretty high stats in HP,MP,AP,Mpen and CDR. Imo that's all you're ever gonna need as a caster
Well sorc boots, Arc staff, and deathcap are pretty much in every build I try, but other three items are where picking isn't simply; RoA I am bit bias againist since to be effective ussually want to build it early, but I find it rather hurting my sustains and early kills for go it right after boots, and late game it doesn't seem worth while. I usually have been starting off with Regrowth pendant to Philosopher's Stone -> boots -> tears of goddess -> sorc boots -> Arc Staff. Void Staff is nice, but I only grab if I see lot of MR on the other team, and I am not morello's evil tome is best CDR item for her, but it is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Quote:
Build efficiency depends on the player, but I'm sure this is one build I'd never get to work, Lux has low AS and average range, and trying to proc lich bane should kill your positioning, which is what Lux should really be aware of.
lichbane I agree with the risk, but on the hand it can give lux some rather significant damage againist turrets, and barracks, but it also works great for when you get them stuck in the bind and your ult isn't up. So I've been using it so matches.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 05:25   Link #1150
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kureizero View Post
Solo Top/Mid Soraka is now my favorite way to play her. People always underestimate her damage especially when their MR gets shredded to negatives and don't realize it. With the fact you can accrue farm as Soraka in a solo lane now means that your end game is coming much earlier and the ability to have some tank items like Dodge/Merc Boots, Frozen Heart and Abyssal Scepter along with Deathcap and WotA means you can pretty much play team tank while shredding MR and doing 200-500 damage starcalls and laughing at the opposing team as they die ever so slowly without being able to do anything besides run.
Even though her heals were nerfed , she was buffed in offensive side. So yeah , she's quite good at Mid at early but after lv6 she won't do really shit against Kass/Leblanc/Gragas/Annie... Solo top , not really , offtank - Irelia & cie will still pawn you.
Well , it's just fun to play her like that. I saw a Soraka opponent at bot lane who get all the kills with Starcall , even though she had like 14/5/8 score & build offtank AP , she's not a carry and just Stun Focus Instant kill.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 11:38   Link #1151
kureizero

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Even though her heals were nerfed , she was buffed in offensive side. So yeah , she's quite good at Mid at early but after lv6 she won't do really shit against Kass/Leblanc/Gragas/Annie... Solo top , not really , offtank - Irelia & cie will still pawn you.
Well , it's just fun to play her like that. I saw a Soraka opponent at bot lane who get all the kills with Starcall , even though she had like 14/5/8 score & build offtank AP , she's not a carry and just Stun Focus Instant kill.

It all depends on how you rune and the first items you build. My build against a physical damage lane is usually Philo Stone -> Dodge Boots -> Frozen Heart into my normal build. If I'm against casters I tend to have 80 MR at level 1 so I usually can shrug off most of their burst until I switch Dodge Boots and Frozen Heart early for Merc Treads and Abyssal. I have little to no trouble sustaining against these lanes, and if I do, I push them to their tower constantly and force them to use spells to last hit and burn mana or I just back and come back with full health and mana while they last hit against their own tower.

The main lanes Soraka does have trouble with are heroes like Kennen and Akali. Morde can also give Soraka trouble if he can get his farm early, but Morde also doesn't lose most lanes when he can get his farm started.
kureizero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 00:24   Link #1152
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

http://dominion.leagueoflegends.com/overview-dominion

Well, this does sound interesting.
Old 2011-09-10, 19:51   Link #1153
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Sigh

Only bad games today with one exception. Unranked pvp.

1| 2 ragers who complained all the time
2| 1 rager who died most of the time
3| 2 people who didn't understand the difference between dps, carry, tank. Had one leaver and also got called a tank as GALIO because of his passive. Some people should just stfu about chars they don't know how to play.

For 3 was specially annoying that I actually tried to explain them the difference but it was completely hopeless. When I asked them which tank actually got 700+ AP they thought I was failing cause Galio apparently doesn't have the damage output to be a nuker. Not that he is a nuker but whatever... I better stop for today before I get paired with more idiots.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 18:46   Link #1154
Xacual

Anyone messed around with Riven yet? Bought her since she seemed fun and I had like 8k IP. All her skills have pretty nice AD ratios and her CDs are pretty low especially her ult which is like 45 seconds I think at max rank.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 20:01   Link #1155
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

All I know is that she can't do blue without a leash, and superior route on her you're so dangerously low after red that you can't gank.

Otherwise, a pretty fun champ. Like the combo mechanic, especially how her passive forces you not to just spam in order to maximize damage output.

Old 2011-09-14, 20:43   Link #1156
KBTKaiser

Taric at least has an ult to speak of now.
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 21:36   Link #1157
Tacoshuriken
Tasty Ninja Weapon

All I can say of this patch: Mordekaiser noooooooo!
Haven't tried to play him yet though, I'll give it a go in bots or something to check out how bad his shielding is, but I think I won't be playing him for a while D:
Old 2011-09-14, 21:53   Link #1158
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I still love playing as Ezreal
Old 2011-09-15, 07:57   Link #1159
Tacoshuriken
Tasty Ninja Weapon

Mmk, after a few matches in bots I've observed:
1) His early game is a bit worse in terms of survivability, he can't endlessly keep his shield up and he'll probably be more vulnerable to harass (Will test this in a normal on the weekend)
2) His late game feels the same in terms of shield, and as far as I know they only took his Q's damage down a notch, which most Morde's will max last anyway.
So, I don't think the nerfs hurt him as much as initially thought, I'll jump into a few normals as him over the weekend and see how that goes, but it would seem that he's still as good as he used to be.
Old 2011-09-15, 11:34   Link #1160
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Well riven is out, and looks OP as usual =\

Tags
league of legends, lol