AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-24, 13:27   Link #961
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Am I the only one hoping to see KyoAni work on Little Busters! ? Apparently Key was still negotiating with KyoAni about having an Anime adaption, but since KyoAni was working on K-On!! and their policy apparently does not allow them to work on more than one anime at a time...

Anywho, an anime of one of Jun Maeda's best works would do wonders to KyoAni's reputation already being thrown off Mt. Fuji after the endless eight and the milking of K-On...

Cheers;
Niker
Old 2012-01-24, 14:15   Link #962
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I'd say you are a little later on that one.

We know of two KyoAni productions this year. One for Spring and the other is guessed to be Fall.

Hyou-Ka a High School set mystery series will air this Spring. This is produced by Kadokawa which produced FMP!, Haruhi, Lucky Star, and Nichijou.

and

Chūni-byō Demo Koi Shitai! a series produced by KyoAni themselves based on a honorary mention title from their own Award program, and will likely air later this year. It is hard to messure just what it is...seems like a romantic comedy.

It is unknown what, if anything, KyoAni will be doing for Pony Canyon this year. (Pony Canyon would be the one handling the likes of K-On and any Key series from what I understand). They might be contracting out for the later series, they might be setting up for more K-On (because that series has been a large success so far, including its movie) since the manga restarted last year. There isn't quite enough yet for a series since it is divided between two groups now and niether group has really put on a full concert. Each has had a performance of one sort on another, but not as a climax to a story arc (Azusa played and sang solo for the Freshman Orientation to get new members, while Yui's group played to introduce themselves to the University's Light Music Club...that has something like ten bands).

The other option of course is more Key series, and it has been discussed about what Key wants and what KyoAni can handle. So far it is a mix of limited amount of projects possible, with the nature of Little Busters (specificially the repeativeness of it that they don't think can be animated without killing the audiance interests....either via boredom, or Endless Eight flashbacks).

Nichijou did poorly in sales, though it is being reaired presently on some station in a cut down fashion. Perhaps that might shift things, but most suspect it was the pricing that was the issue. (Others say the show was bad, but I found it funny).
Old 2012-01-24, 14:22   Link #963
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

I don't deny that LB! is going to be difficult to reproduce in an anime, however Key heads think it IS possible ( The manga showed it )

But one can dream :S

Niker
Old 2012-01-24, 16:33   Link #964
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Nichijou did poorly in sales, though it is being reaired presently on some station in a cut down fashion. Perhaps that might shift things, but most suspect it was the pricing that was the issue. (Others say the show was bad, but I found it funny).
I wouldn't call it bad but the first third of the show is mostly pretty bland imho. It was a pretty good show and I enjoyed it quite a bit but if I weren't such a KyoAni fan I would have dropped it early on. It just failed to grab the interests of the audience early on and to top it off it never really had much in the way of amazing gags to pull people back in.
Old 2012-02-02, 14:35   Link #965
all_flying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I wouldn't call it bad but the first third of the show is mostly pretty bland imho. It was a pretty good show and I enjoyed it quite a bit but if I weren't such a KyoAni fan I would have dropped it early on. It just failed to grab the interests of the audience early on and to top it off it never really had much in the way of amazing gags to pull people back in.
Eh?

I thought it was popular on niconico and had plenty positive feedback from fans
Old 2012-02-02, 14:52   Link #966
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by all_flying View Post
Eh?

I thought it was popular on niconico and had plenty positive feedback from fans
I think some gags really exploded with the niconico crowd but the ratings were pretty low from what I could gather. I may be wrong there as what I said before was my own personal take on the show (hence the imho - in my humble opinion)
Old 2012-03-25, 14:51   Link #967
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Since ANN reported that Little Busters is getting a TV anime, it seems likely that this will be KyoAni's next TBS/Pony Canyon project(since K-On needs more manga to come out for a third season).

So I am thinking in terms of what we know and have a timeline over the next few years.

Spring 2012 & Summer 2012: Hyou-ka(21 episodes)
Fall 2012?: Chu-ni Byou Demo Koi ga Shitai! (OVA?)
Winter 2013? or Spring 2013?: Little Busters!(2-cours?)
Fall 2013?: next Kadokawa project(new Haruhi anime?)
Summer 2014?: Little Busters!!(2-cour conclusion?)

Since it seems likely that Hyou-ka won't break 10,000 for sales, KyoAni would want to follow up with a sure-fire hit and perhaps this will get us closer to more Haruhi anime. Of course, I have no idea when KyoAni will come out with their next movie either.
Old 2012-03-25, 15:39   Link #968
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbZeroNow View Post
Since it seems likely that Hyou-ka won't break 10,000 for sales, KyoAni would want to follow up with a sure-fire hit and perhaps this will get us closer to more Haruhi anime. Of course, I have no idea when KyoAni will come out with their next movie either.
Lol what? Mister, do you come from the future?
Old 2012-03-25, 15:44   Link #969
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
While I wouldn't put much money down on that bet I would still take it. It seems pretty safe to say that Hyouka won't be a heavy hitter like K-On or Haruhi but I won't claim it to be on the level of Nichijou either.
Old 2012-03-25, 15:46   Link #970
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

There is also the chance (due to random hints from its creator) of a FMP anime. That could be in place of the Haruhi listed on your speculation listing.
Old 2012-03-25, 15:58   Link #971
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
No. I suppose I could have worded that differently as "Since Japanese Otaku tend not to buy/collect mystery series as seen by the sales failures of Gosick, UN-GO and based on the information from Amazon's Stalker points, Another, Hyou-ka has to overcome the seeming bias against that genre among Otaku to sell what Kyoto Animation works usually sell. The moeified character designs could help but then again, Noizi Itou did the character designs for Another and that is forecasted to flop. The KyoAni name could add cache, and I believe that Hyou-ka will sell better than Nichijou. So it would be reasonable to expect that the series won't break 10,000 average per volume but it is possible to match the Full Metal Panic numbers(around 6,000 IIRC). Hyou-ka could also be the exception to the rule, and I hope that I am wrong despite the fact that I badly want more Haruhi anime to be produced"

I do suspect that Hyou-ka will be well received by the Western fandom however.

Quote:
There is also the chance (due to random hints from its creator) of a FMP anime. That could be in place of the Haruhi listed on your speculation listing.
Yes, I know there is a chance that more FMP could be made(which is one reason why I'd put next Kadokawa project in 2013. It is possible that whatever they're doing for Kadokawa could be aired in the Spring of 2013(like it was for 2011 and will be for 2012) but I figured that if KyoAni is doing Little Busters and KyoAni continues its trend of making anime that goes for 2 cours, they may want to space their project a little more apart(and this does give more time for them to make the next Haruhi anime 2 cours since Tanigawa will probably have come out with a new novel or two in the meantime). If they decide to do a movie project for Kadokawa, then that would likely move things up too.

Last edited by AbZeroNow; 2012-03-25 at 16:17. Reason: added a reply
Old 2012-04-02, 08:07   Link #972
Fabrice
Padawan

I'd throw my computer out of the window if DEEN or JC Staff animated Little Busters, Heres hoping for Kyoani.
Old 2012-04-05, 10:42   Link #973
all_flying

Quote:
No. I suppose I could have worded that differently as "Since Japanese Otaku tend not to buy/collect mystery series as seen by the sales failures of Gosick, UN-GO and based on the information from Amazon's Stalker points, Another, Hyou-ka has to overcome the seeming bias against that genre among Otaku to sell what Kyoto Animation works usually sell. The moeified character designs could help but then again, Noizi Itou did the character designs for Another and that is forecasted to flop. The KyoAni name could add cache, and I believe that Hyou-ka will sell better than Nichijou. So it would be reasonable to expect that the series won't break 10,000 average per volume but it is possible to match the Full Metal Panic numbers(around 6,000 IIRC). Hyou-ka could also be the exception to the rule, and I hope that I am wrong despite the fact that I badly want more Haruhi anime to be produced"

I do suspect that Hyou-ka will be well received by the Western fandom however.

Yes, I know there is a chance that more FMP could be made(which is one reason why I'd put next Kadokawa project in 2013. It is possible that whatever they're doing for Kadokawa could be aired in the Spring of 2013(like it was for 2011 and will be for 2012) but I figured that if KyoAni is doing Little Busters and KyoAni continues its trend of making anime that goes for 2 cours, they may want to space their project a little more apart(and this does give more time for them to make the next Haruhi anime 2 cours since Tanigawa will probably have come out with a new novel or two in the meantime). If they decide to do a movie project for Kadokawa, then that would likely move things up too.
First, nice story there

Second, its KyoAni we're talking about. If we're talking about KyoAni's "mystery" works, then look at "Haruhi", not "Gosick", or "UN-GO" or "Another" or whatever mystery title in the market nowadays. Means, they have their own touch in this kind of genre. Moreover, different from Nichijou (Which is more towards experimental project), this time I read a lot of confident words from staff, including the director himself.

But still, anything could happen. (Its K***kawa stuff) but we can't say it for sure till April 22nd. *sips tea*
Old 2012-04-05, 10:52   Link #974
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
It would be a jaw dropping move from Kadokawa to go with another FMP anime...

1) FMP while decent is not a great seller by any means.
2) FMP Light Novels are finished, for a while now too...
3) There is a massive amount of light novels left to cover... the chances of this getting 1 season is slim as it is... but 2 or more to properly finish it off? ZnT 4 all over again if it gets 1 season.. and that also had the original author working on it.
4) FMP Again is currently @ 3 volumes, would be wise to push this series over FMP to bring it to the fore... by 2013 this could have 5 volumes out.
5) See the sales fall off from Shana 3 and Znt4 to prior series.
6) Means Kadokawa either hold back on making a shitload of money on another Haruhi series or give upon pushing another new to anime property.
7) It's Kadokawa.
Old 2012-04-05, 16:29   Link #975
Skane
Anime Snark

Maybe we should ask KyoAni to do a Kickstarter for more FMP! anime.

Narf.
Old 2012-04-05, 18:58   Link #976
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
7) It's Kadokawa.
This statement just made every other argument invalid.

Old 2012-04-05, 19:29   Link #977
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
This statement just made every other argument invalid.

I think you meant immaterial.

Cheers.
Old 2012-04-07, 12:05   Link #978
brocko

On FMP, maybe they can start adapting FMP Another to get some interest back into the franchise again and push them Another books (along with the original FMP too while it's at it, I'm sure DBZ still managed to get people to go back and check out the original Dragonball regardless if they liked it or not). Then when they dry up that Another well, they can go back and finish the original FMP after it's been reinvigorated with Another and continue to leave Another on the back burner because interest died whilst waiting for new novel material and neglect (I.E see Initial D and the drought after 4th stage and FMP now lol ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabrice View Post
I'd throw my computer out of the window if DEEN or JC Staff animated Little Busters...
I'm waiting

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.

Last edited by brocko; 2012-04-07 at 12:16.
Old 2012-04-08, 05:11   Link #979
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Quote:
So I am thinking in terms of what we know and have a timeline over the next few years.
Uh, you need to revise your timeline now that KyoAni isn't doing Little Busters!...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
I'm waiting
Maybe he already did.

I have to admit that piece of news was a shocker for me. Neither KyoAni nor P.A. Works ended up doing Little Busters! contrary to several people's (including my own) expectations. I wonder what this development means for further Key/KyoAni collaboration in the future. Rewrite in particular, if it gets an anime.

<also insert mandatory "Where's my new FMP series?" here>
Old 2012-04-08, 08:18   Link #980
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post
Uh, you need to revise your timeline now that KyoAni isn't doing Little Busters!...

Maybe he already did.

I have to admit that piece of news was a shocker for me. Neither KyoAni nor P.A. Works ended up doing Little Busters! contrary to several people's (including my own) expectations. I wonder what this development means for further Key/KyoAni collaboration in the future. Rewrite in particular, if it gets an anime.

<also insert mandatory "Where's my new FMP series?" here>
I think it's safe to say that KeyAni collab is now a past like FMP. If FMP shows up then expect a long agonizing wait till we see another one of it. I hope I'm wrong but that's the way it looks like. TBS will be pushing more K-ON into them that's for sure.
Closed Thread

Tags
studios