AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2013-01-17, 14:28   Link #1
takai
Easy Muffin

Your favorite "Best Friend" character?

It's a simple question. You know, the guy/girl that hangs around with the main character frequently usually providing either comic relief or words of wisdom.

I'd have to go with Orito from Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka? This guy is the man and a master in the art of pervertedness, and just a straight up boss.

Last edited by takai; 2013-01-17 at 22:53.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 14:51   Link #2
Kyuu
=^^=

This guy:
http://myanimelist.net/character/24503/Hideki_Hinata

Y'need someone to watch your back? You won't even need to ask.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 15:15   Link #3
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Any member of the Suginami line from the Da Capo series. An intelligent guy who always has some sort of interesting crazy plan going on and always has my back when I inevitably get the bad ending on a first run through the games. And he doesn't constantly whine/threaten to kill the main character for getting a girl like so many characters in this role do.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 16:08   Link #4
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

While I really don't like it as much as I originally did anymore, Yuuji from Baka and Test: Summon the Beasts is my favorite character in the show. Love his "bros before hoes" mindset, how he's not an idiot despite being in the lowest class and how he just keeps trolling everyone that isn't Shouko.

Not to mention it's pretty rare to see a best friend character who actually has a girl after him. Most of the time these guys are nothing but annoying jealous whiners that I want to slug in the face if I could.
Old 2013-01-17, 17:42   Link #5
takai
Easy Muffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
While I really don't like it as much as I originally did anymore, Yuuji from Baka and Test: Summon the Beasts is my favorite character in the show. Love his "bros before hoes" mindset, how he's not an idiot despite being in the lowest class and how he just keeps trolling everyone that isn't Shouko.

Not to mention it's pretty rare to see a best friend character who actually has a girl after him. Most of the time these guys are nothing but annoying jealous whiners that I want to slug in the face if I could.
Yes yes yes. Definitely. Yuuji is such a well developed, well rounded character too. Plu I personally think he's hilarious and awesome. From his inspirational speeches, to his one on one talks with Akihisa, he's a quality best friend character. I also like how realistc he is too, he tortures the hell out of Akihisa sometimes, just like real guy friends do
Old 2013-01-17, 17:44   Link #6
NK_500
Disabled By Request

Akira from Special A. How many other shoujo shows had cool 'girl-friend' type characters like her?
NK_500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 17:52   Link #7
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Miyokichi Nobuse of True Tears.

Spoiler for Reason Why, Many spoilers:
Old 2013-01-17, 19:09   Link #8
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Yohei Sunohara from Clannad. The butt-monkey of Kyou and Tomoyo's wrath while still being perceptive and caring when he needs to be. He's the only one who seems to bring out a natural side of Tomoya that wasn't ached by love or bounded by family responsibility. He was there long before Nagisa, giving new meaning to the phrase bros before hos (not that I think Nagisa is a ho but you get the point).
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 19:32   Link #9
Zellami

I sort of enjoy more the Best of friendS type. As those guys in Moonlight Mile and Battle Fairy Yukikaze. The "In for a penny, in for a pound" kind of thing. Gintoki and Katsura from Gintama might be pretty close to this, too.
Zellami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 21:09   Link #10
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Lafiel and Jinto from Crest of the Stars/Banner of the Stars. Those two get flung together into a nightmare of a situation yet they guide each other all the way with maturity, elegance, wit and humour. They don't make them like those two anymore.
Old 2013-01-17, 21:20   Link #11
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Lafiel and Jinto from Crest of the Stars/Banner of the Stars. Those two get flung together into a nightmare of a situation yet they guide each other all the way with maturity, elegance, wit and humour.
They go all the way with each other? Sounds like they're more than just friends, ohoho
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 21:29   Link #12
Dawnstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akito Kinomoto View Post
Yohei Sunohara from Clannad.
And him, too.

Also:

Fukube Satoshi, from Hyouka, who even overshadowed the main character, Oreki Houtarou, IMO.
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 22:07   Link #13
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Hmm, Killua from Hunter X Hunter comes to mind, as it is a currently airing series. He and the protagonist, Gon, have one of my favorite friendships in anime. He's also your typical super-cool assassin, 'dark' type from shounen series. If I had to choose, I guess I'd say I like Gon more, but they're both really great and enjoyable characters. Killua's usually the more perceptive and knowledgeable of the two and tends to have flashier powers. Their bond is also a very important element in making Hunter x Hunter an unusually deep series for an action-oriented shounen series set in a fantastical world. He is very grateful to Gon as he is the first real friend he ever made and

Spoiler for hunter x hunter:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
They go all the way with each other? Sounds like they're more than just friends, ohoho
Well, it's been several years since I saw any of the Crest series, so I can't quite remember all the details (great show from what I do remember, though) but:

Spoiler for Crest of the Stars:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post

Spoiler for Reason Why, Many spoilers:
Don't even remember that he existed. Actually, most of that series just kind of flew out of my memory. I suppose it has been four- five years, but I guess it wasn't particularly endearing to me.

Last edited by ChainLegacy; 2013-01-17 at 22:17.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 22:27   Link #14
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
I'd have to go with Orito from Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka? This guy is the man and a master in the art of pervertedness, and just a straight up boss.
Personally, I find the perverted/jealous best friend-stereotype in harem series like Orito incredibly annoying and overdone. They all act and sound the same: freaking obnoxious.

Thus, my pick is Hinata from Angel Beats. I loved his friendship with Otonashi...even though it was short-lived...I thought he acted a lot more like a best friend should act and the moments they shared were heartfelt and genuine.
Bromance at its best!!
Old 2013-01-17, 22:56   Link #15
takai
Easy Muffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Personally, I find the perverted/jealous best friend-stereotype in harem series like Orito incredibly annoying and overdone. They all act and sound the same: freaking obnoxious.
Meh. I think Orito is an amazingly awesome character, that's a true bro at heart. And wants nothing but happiness with women for both him and his best friend. The guy is plain hysterical too. Makes me laugh everytime I see him.
Old 2013-01-18, 00:39   Link #16
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by takai View Post
Meh. I think Orito is an amazingly awesome character, that's a true bro at heart. And wants nothing but happiness with women for both him and his best friend. The guy is plain hysterical too. Makes me laugh everytime I see him.
I don't hate him or anything....but this type of character is literally in every single harem anime I can think of....that's all. >_>
Old 2013-01-18, 00:54   Link #17
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Sunohara of Clannad..... so I could date his sister Mei...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 00:55   Link #18
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Iskandar/Nanoha/Rikka.
Fate/Zero/titular character/Chuunibyou
Old 2013-01-18, 00:58   Link #19
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
I don't hate him or anything....but this type of character is literally in every single harem anime I can think of....that's all. >_>
Question: Is he even close with the MC?

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2013-01-18 at 01:14.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 01:11   Link #20
Eragon
Still Alive

You people are all dense. The best "Best Friend" you could ask for is DORAEMON XD Who else do you even want ?

Jokes aside then.........................Gilgamesh(yeah I know he doesn't fit all the requirements but still) - yes definitely him. Way too interesting to not have around. Though that means I need to be like Kirei, which could be a problem.......for the rest of humanity

Another would be..................can't think of any right now, maybe later.