AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-07-02, 23:19   Link #3621
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
Standing on two legs blasting everything? i think that's pretty mobile suitish, seeing how Kira does it throughout most of Destiny, hell, every mobile suit does it in Destiny.

Landing hits on eachother seems to be a major problem though, Seed/Destiny pilots confirmed for cod fanboys?
They were still based off Mobile Armors - Psycho Gundam(Classified as a Mobile Armor) and Big Zam. If the Psycho Gundam isn't classified under the Gundam tag than why would the Destroy?
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 03:00   Link #3622
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Because Destroy is from the SEEDverse?

HCM pro 1/200 boxart refers to it as a Mobile Suit

Unit type: heavy assault mobile suit (Ripped off Mahq)

Mass Production Transformable Heavy Assault Mobile Suit (Shittywikia)

its referred to as a Mobile suit, not a Mobile armor

Just because a Mobile suit has a MA mode doesnt mean it's a MA by default, you know

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Don't forget Verde Buster and Blu Duel. Two of the most beautiful Gundams ever to come out of the SEED universe.
oh god, and the Strike-E, how could i forget that? i have a HG Verde buster and MG Noir right next to me. Derp
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 11:26   Link #3623
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Destiny-era Gundam-type mobile suits developed by the Earth Federation forces include: GAT-X1022 Blu Duel, GAT-X103AP Verde Buster, GAT-X207SR Nero Blitz, GAT-X303AA Rosso Aegis, GAT-X105E Strike E, GAT-FJ108 Raigo, GAT-797E Forbidden Vortex, and GFAS-X1 Destroy.

As far as Gundams they used NOT developed by them, they captured five ZAFT-developed Gundams.
Old 2012-07-03, 11:57   Link #3624
Destined_Fate

They can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig. That thing is a walking giant mobile armor and acts nothing like the other Gundams shown in the series. Not to mention it suffers from the trackmark "Giant slow moving machine" that all mobile armors fall under.
Old 2012-07-03, 12:00   Link #3625
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Doesn't matter. It's officially, by the series and by the model kits, labeled as a Gundam. Therefore, Destroy Gundam. Just because it's massive and can transform doesn't change the fact it's a Gundam, and it's not the only Gundam of its size, both in and out of the Cosmic Era universe.
Old 2012-07-03, 12:02   Link #3626
kakakka

Well, the analogy can be turn around too. It's a Gundam, even if it moves slow and MA-ish, if they said its a Gundam, it's still a Gundam.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 15:04   Link #3627
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Doesn't matter. It's officially, by the series and by the model kits, labeled as a Gundam. Therefore, Destroy Gundam. Just because it's massive and can transform doesn't change the fact it's a Gundam, and it's not the only Gundam of its size, both in and out of the Cosmic Era universe.
It's also the name of an episode title from the original series (go and type Destroy Gundam into youtube and guess what's the first result that pops up) just to make things a little more confusing. It's like the whole Freedom Gundam vs. Gundam Freedom (a Neo American suit one of the original Shuffle Alliance members used) thing.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 17:16   Link #3628
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
They can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig. That thing is a walking giant mobile armor and acts nothing like the other Gundams shown in the series. Not to mention it suffers from the trackmark "Giant slow moving machine" that all mobile armors fall under.
But it's not a mobile armor, its a Mobile suit with Mobile armor mode.

Just like the Gaplant,Methuss, Rezel, Asshimar,Anksha, EX-S, Double zeta,Gabthley, Gaza-Series, Hambrabi and so on.

You ignoring the obvious isnt going to change that
Old 2012-07-03, 19:00   Link #3629
justavisitor

wait....mobile armors are not "Giant slow moving machine"...instead, they are supposed to be fast-moving with tons of arsenals...like Neue Ziel, Val Waro, the mobile armor for GP03, and Azieru...etc
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 22:47   Link #3630
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

You guys should keep in mind that each Gundam univers has it's own definition of what exactly a Gundam is or a Mobile Armor..
Old 2012-07-03, 23:02   Link #3631
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yeah. And the main point is that the Destroy Gundam fits the Cosmic Era's criteria for what a Gundam is.
Old 2012-07-04, 00:26   Link #3632
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Yeah. And the main point is that the Destroy Gundam fits the Cosmic Era's criteria for what a Gundam is.
So, about that Hyaku Shiki ...
Old 2012-07-04, 00:57   Link #3633
monster

In reality, Bandai's marketing team determines what is and what is not marketed as a Gundam. Still, I don't see the big deal. A rose by any other name, right?

Besides, story wise, Gundam is not an even an official designation in CE.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 00:59   Link #3634
Destined_Fate

That's like saying the Psycho Gundam isn't a Mobile Armor, just a really big Gundam.

Quote:
Eh, that's fine if they want to label it that way. Doesn't change that it's the love child of two mobile armors and acts and looks like a mobile armor.
Old 2012-07-04, 01:23   Link #3635
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
In reality, Bandai's marketing team determines what is and what is not marketed as a Gundam. Still, I don't see the big deal. A rose by any other name, right?

Besides, story wise, Gundam is not an even an official designation in CE.
That’s right. None of the “Gundams” we saw in SEED universe are officially labeled as Gundams by both ZAFT and Earth Alliance. Only Kira calls it like that as the terms’ abbreviation.

In fact, I remember part of the dialog when Kira receives Freedom from Lacus that goes more or less like this:

*lights on, revealing the Freedom*
Kira: It’s a Gundam!
Lacus: Not quite. It’s (ZGMF X10A) Freedom.

Bandai only added the Gundam label in the model kits and other merchandises.
Old 2012-07-04, 02:29   Link #3636
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
That's like saying the Psycho Gundam isn't a Mobile Armor, just a really big Gundam.
... the Psyco Gundam is a really big Gundam. THAT'S WHY IT'S CALLED PSYCO GUNDAM. Just because a mobile suit has an alternate mode that it can transform into doesn't mean it's permanently reclassified into "mobile armor".

Quote:
Eh, that's fine if they want to label it that way. Doesn't change that it's the love child of two mobile armors and acts and looks like a mobile armor.
And your point here is...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
That’s right. None of the “Gundams” we saw in SEED universe are officially labeled as Gundams by both ZAFT and Earth Alliance. Only Kira calls it like that as the terms’ abbreviation.

In fact, I remember part of the dialog when Kira receives Freedom from Lacus that goes more or less like this:

*lights on, revealing the Freedom*
Kira: It’s a Gundam!
Lacus: Not quite. It’s (ZGMF X10A) Freedom.

Bandai only added the Gundam label in the model kits and other merchandises.
And then they borked that detail all to hell by having other characters start referring to Gundam-design mobile suits as Gundams in SEED Destiny, like Athrun and Cagalli during the Armory 1 attack. ._. y u no stay consistent, Destiny?
Old 2012-07-04, 02:36   Link #3637
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
And then they borked that detail all to hell by having other characters start referring to Gundam-design mobile suits as Gundams in SEED Destiny, like Athrun and Cagalli during the Armory 1 attack. ._. y u no stay consistent, Destiny?
Ah, I also wondering about that. Did Kira's "Gundam" name-calling finally get to Athrun and Cagalli?

As for other characters not related to Kira, I just don't know why the hell they call all those "Gundams" as Gundams .
Old 2012-07-04, 04:36   Link #3638
monster

Quote:
Not really, an individual (who is close to Kira) calling a mobile suit Gundam doesn't change anything. It's only official in-universe if the word "Gundam" is actually part of the name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
As for other characters not related to Kira, I just don't know why the hell they call all those "Gundams" as Gundams .
Who are these other characters?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 05:42   Link #3639
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Well, the analogy can be turn around too. It's a Gundam, even if it moves slow and MA-ish, if they said its a Gundam, it's still a Gundam.
It has the face of a Gundam and they called its a Gundam therefore, its a Gundam.

If I'm slow and a very tall guy.... I'm still called a human right?
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 05:59   Link #3640
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:

Destroy doesnt look like a mobile armor, except when its in mobile armor mode. It looks like a mobile suit with a disc formed backpack.

See?

and as stated above, several times.
it's called a Mobile suit. That is why it is a mobile suit with a optional mobile armor mode

and it's a Gundam because it has the name " Gundam " in it, no other reason

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep