AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2014-11-06, 12:17   Link #401
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Ok, I am convinced now. Kishi hates Sakura, we've been given hints of that but basically this confirms it

I'm a Sakura hater but I was hoping she'd have sort of respectful ending, what if they have an actual fight over some thing simple like taking out the trash? Dear freakin Mike. Sasuke I'm sure will have many urges to kill her and go back to his evil ways, guess it's a good thing he decided to be a dead beat husband and abandon them, who knows what might have happened over the years.

I'm not sure if Saskue / Sakura shippers should be happy with this type of ending or not, sure they got together but the way it was done.

Me being a Naruto / Hinata shipper am really happy, been a shipper since the first series man. I can't wait for the flick, looks like will be given hints galore

Over all, sucky ending in my opinion. What's the point in giving Naruto that dream if he never flippin got it? I hope One Piece doesn't end up like that, please let Luffy become the Pirate King at the end of the series Oda

First series was good, had Exellents fun arcs and fights, Anime minus the awful long filler did a good job with it. More than I can say about part two, till the Pain arc was good but than after that when it started to get really messy, none of it made it any sense any more, it's like Kishi just said screw it and added any thing in just for the heck of it. I feel bad for Anime watchers who are in the middle of this messed up War arc, good luck to you I say. Bad Animation time to time doesn't help either.

Now we have this fun mini series about there kids to look forward to. Can't wait to see what repeated type plots Kishii will come up for the kids soon.

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 12:25   Link #402
velocd
Witcher, with tenure

Terrible ending. It's not that the events of chapter 700 were bad (although they were), but there should have been at least 2-3 chapters before the time skip concluding the events of the war. Chapter 700 should have been Chapter 702 or Chapter 703.

I'm annoyed they didn't wrap up the war. They spent 300+ chapters on that drawn out plot, and they abruptly finish it in two chapters. What happened to Orochimaru and his gang? Sasuke's gang? The kages? How did the villages reconcile after the war? Way too many questions. The Narutoverse lore has always been very weak (compared to say, the world of One Piece), but this is just sad. Maybe the movie will explain the aftermath? Movies tend to have their own plots though. Regardless, they really should have explained everything in the manga since the manga has always been the canon.

I don't understand the decision to conclude Naruto in two chapters when you have spent 700 chapters getting here. What the fuck was the rush?

As for chapter 700, the last thing I care about in the Narutoverse is showing all the minor characters with no meaningful character development for 700 chapters, and how they hooked up. Romance was never a serious plot, but they end it on romance. In a shonen. Weird.

The saddest part of everything is Yamato. Dude had a major role after the original time-skip as the new leader of "Team 7", with major screen time up until his capture. Then they forgot about him. For 200+ chapters. Yamato gets one panel in the last two chapters and no dialog or mentions. It's sad because he was actually one of the more enjoyable and intelligent characters in this series.

Hope the movie saves this poor ending.

Last edited by velocd; 2014-11-06 at 13:11.
velocd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 12:27   Link #403
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spelt View Post
Anyone think that Sasuke moment holds any meaning in the final chapter? Him turning around and grabbing his weapon. And his final panel is a view from the top of a tree looking down on him. Maybe someone is watching him?
When his daughter said the "shanarooo!" thing at the end, he sensed bloodlust, thats why he turned back.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 12:29   Link #404
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Who's Kiba paired up with? Or is she a random?

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocd View Post
Maybe the movie will explain the aftermath? Movies tend to have their own plots though. Regardless, they really should have explained everything in the manga since the manga has always been the canon.
The movie will be canon as it bridges the time skip between 699 and 700.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 12:31   Link #405
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

So...am I the only one bothered by the fact that we didn't get the name of Naruto's daughter? Nearly all the kids got named...except the main character's daughter...ok...that bothers me.

Also I think the whole thing with Sasuke looking back is just him reacting to his family mentioning him...or something of the sort.

Also...One Piece? That took me by surprise, seeing the strawhats' logo on Naruto's head xD
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 12:33   Link #406
Pablete
Banned

[QUOTE]

Seems Sakura's daughter has her stalker-ish tendencies, but her father's chronic tsundere side as well? Deadly combination.

[QUOTE]
Yandere is coming.
Pablete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 12:35   Link #407
LROlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
So...am I the only one bothered by the fact that we didn't get the name of Naruto's daughter? Nearly all the kids got named...except the main character's daughter...ok...that bothers me.

Also I think the whole thing with Sasuke looking back is just him reacting to his family mentioning him...or something of the sort.

Also...One Piece? That took me by surprise, seeing the strawhats' logo on Naruto's head xD
Her name is Himawari. That translation butchered that detail.
LROlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 12:36   Link #408
Who

Quote:

Her name is Himawari.

Also, Oda and Kishi are buddies, so it's like a shoutout to each other. OP's chapter cover art this week had a character eating ramen.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 12:37   Link #409
Mikethemaster

Location: Celebrating that Naruhina is cannon! :D Oh were I live Evansville Indiana
Quote:

Hinata said her name it Himawari
Old 2014-11-06, 12:38   Link #410
velocd
Witcher, with tenure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
The movie will be canon as it bridges the time skip between 699 and 700.
I'm aware, my wording was alluding to how it should have been wrapped up in the manga. Anime and manga are two different mediums, not everyone who follows one consumes the other. I would be annoyed if I had to watch Game of Thrones on HBO to find out how A Song of Ice and Fire ends. (Although given the author's health and pacing..)
Old 2014-11-06, 12:41   Link #411
Kazu-kun

Quote:
We did but the translation botched it. She's called Himawari (sun flowers). Hinata mentioned how her name is the same as the flowers they're leaving on Neji's grave, so he would be happy.
Old 2014-11-06, 12:43   Link #412
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
Who's Kiba paired up with? Or is she a random?
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Tamaki
Old 2014-11-06, 12:46   Link #413
Shinagami
Rubiks Cube

I still think Kishi is trolling us everyone is still in the Mugen Tsukiyomi everything is too good to be true....
Sasuke becoming good so quickly
Sakura ending up with Sasuke
The entire world in peace with skyscrappers and macbooks
Hinata with Naruto
Ohnoki still alive
Tsunade looking all young
I don't know maybe I just like Madara too much and hated the way he died so I'm still in denial with all that
Shinagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 12:55   Link #414
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
I'm aware, my wording was alluding to how it should have been wrapped up in the manga. Anime and manga are two different mediums, not everyone who follows one consumes the other. I would be annoyed if I had to watch Game of Thrones on HBO to find out how A Song of Ice and Fire ends. (Although given the author's health and pacing..)
Regardless, the relationship between Book series and movies... and the relationship between LN's, Manga, and Anime are completely different. These Japanese forms of media are far more interrelated than novels and movies are in other parts of the world... for that reason, the same argument doesn't really apply here...

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 12:56   Link #415
SeanQ

You lost an arm for me ... that's real friendship ... i no be evil anymore and my man part finally feels funny for sakura.

idk why Kakashi would accept the position of hokage ... he confirmed himself that he was useless without sharingan lol.
Old 2014-11-06, 12:58   Link #416
velocd
Witcher, with tenure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinagami View Post
and macbooks
Ah yes, the unexplained technology of Naruto. I've seen computers before in Naruto (e.g. Orochimaru's hideouts), but never the OS in detail!

Clearly a OS X spin-off, and it even has an iMessage clone. Narutoverse has Internet now? I wonder what the salary is for a programmer of hardware engineer in Kohana. :P

Naruto seems to have his hand on WASD. Perhaps he was playing a game before being interrupted. Slacker.
Old 2014-11-06, 12:59   Link #417
itachi-san314

Great ending! I loved all the last chapters and I think they're as good as they possibly could have been. I'm really looking forward to the movie and hopefully series 3. it will be nice to have a change of pace. probably more fun stuff as opposed to a 4 year long dark war.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 13:19   Link #418
Nicaea

This ending feels so weird, it's as if it's a dream.

I like chapter 700 though.
Nicaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 13:21   Link #419
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Ah yes, the unexplained technology of Naruto. I've seen computers before in Naruto (e.g. Orochimaru's hideouts), but never the OS in detail!

Clearly a OS X spin-off, and it even has an iMessage clone. Narutoverse has Internet now? I wonder what the salary is for a programmer of hardware engineer in Kohana. :P

Naruto seems to have his hand on WASD. Perhaps he was playing a game before being interrupted. Slacker.
Junk food and internet is what will kill ninjas in the end.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 13:26   Link #420
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
idk why Kakashi would accept the position of hokage ... he confirmed himself that he was useless without sharingan lol.
In an era of peace you need more brain than raw power. All he needs power for is if some criminals or smaller warmongering villages or clans attack. Even then he has a lot of very powerful subordinates who would probably jump on for any mission since they are so bored in the big peace

I expected a better ending, but the older versions of the heroes and their children were still fun to see. Another cool thing was that the chapter was narrated by Sasuke.

It's kinda sad that they have the rinnegan and the power/chakra of all 9 tailed beasts and even some stuff from the Sage but they are unable to regrow arms for themselves. Seems that Kishimoto wants to severely weaken them both in order to have a story where whatever villains have a chance and also where other ninja can do something meaningful. They'll probably be weak in the movie compared to what they should be by now.

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2014-11-06 at 13:45.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
series ending, weekly spoiler discussion