Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2014-12-16, 11:15   Link #161
sunchips18
shinobi of darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vocah View Post
Depends on the context and most likely not for an automatic rifle.
Is this an actual example?
It actually is a real example. This was more of a case of skipping out vital information from the LN (at least from what I've been told by LN readers anyway). But that's beside the point.
Old 2014-12-16, 13:15   Link #162
Vocah

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunchips18 View Post
It actually is a real example. This was more of a case of skipping out vital information from the LN (at least from what I've been told by LN readers anyway). But that's beside the point.
Which show?
In SAO I know that Kirito predicted the bullet trajectories from the cowboy NPC due to the NPCs eye-movement, but that was neither "with precision" nor an "automatic rifle". And the reason is pretty convincing, NPCs are programmed to focus on where they fire ranged attacks, since not every game using the SEED has bullet prediction lines, so there has to be a way for players to avoid getting hit.

Context is important.
Vocah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-24, 03:12   Link #163
Ghiest Cid

One way to detect a Mary sue is to remove the character and see if the story improved or not or remained the same. It is one if the story improved.
Ghiest Cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-29, 22:18   Link #164
kco143

Mary-Sue's are annoying because we never get to see them fail, since they are so good at everything. I don't mind characters who are strong, smart and attractive, so long as they have their flaws.
Old 2015-01-03, 17:24   Link #165
sunchips18
shinobi of darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vocah View Post
Which show?
In SAO I know that Kirito predicted the bullet trajectories from the cowboy NPC due to the NPCs eye-movement, but that was neither "with precision" nor an "automatic rifle". And the reason is pretty convincing, NPCs are programmed to focus on where they fire ranged attacks, since not every game using the SEED has bullet prediction lines, so there has to be a way for players to avoid getting hit.

Context is important.
Yes, that was it. I also found it very believable, but that scene in particular got a lot of complaints from any anti-Kirito fans.
Old 2015-01-06, 00:13   Link #166
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by kco143 View Post
Mary-Sue's are annoying because we never get to see them fail, since they are so good at everything. I don't mind characters who are strong, smart and attractive, so long as they have their flaws.
I do agree but then again the whole Mary Sue is subjective although the same can said of any trope. Medaka from Medaka Box seems perfect on the surface but she is actually the most flawed and even frightening character in the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunchips18 View Post
Yes, that was it. I also found it very believable, but that scene in particular got a lot of complaints from any anti-Kirito fans.

To be far not many (including myself) are very savvy about game mechanics or know about how games operate. Of course those individuals will cry foul at it.

Tags
discussion, fanfic