AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2018-10-05, 02:27   Link #21
teejmo

Sooooo.... how does Tama fit into all of this? An eight-year-old claiming to be an attendant for the Kōzuki clan that went missing twenty years ago... Doesn't that seem a bit... off?
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-05, 10:28   Link #22
Theia_Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejmo View Post
Sooooo.... how does Tama fit into all of this? An eight-year-old claiming to be an attendant for the Kōzuki clan that went missing twenty years ago... Doesn't that seem a bit... off?
That's what I was thinking. Her master didn't say anything more than what we know already, and she did get kidnapped for saying the Kozuki name. She could be Momonosuke's sister.
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-05, 10:53   Link #23
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theia_Loki View Post
That's what I was thinking. Her master didn't say anything more than what we know already, and she did get kidnapped for saying the Kozuki name. She could be Momonosuke's sister.
Wouldn't Kiku have recognized her? Although I guess she could be keeping it a secret.
Old 2018-10-06, 14:51   Link #24
necrolyte

This chapter doesn't satisfy me. There are too many facts that are not well explained and I have many questions after reading this chapter that should be answered, for example:
1. Why did Toki send everyone 20 years in the future, why not 2-3 or some smaller gap, cuz that way they will atleast know someone in Wano, after 20 years there is a chance noone would even know about them.

On another note: I think Momo's sister is actually Tama and the other dude(the guy Luffy met when he ate her rice) is probably one of the people from the past. But if that is true I have one more question - How did she know Ace ? Didn't she say she met him some years ago or something like that ?

For last, a little off topic but, why Kinemon and the others didn't try to find other members from Roger's crew when they know Oden was in his crew?
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-06, 16:44   Link #25
teejmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrolyte View Post
This chapter doesn't satisfy me. There are too many facts that are not well explained and I have many questions after reading this chapter that should be answered, for example:
1. Why did Toki send everyone 20 years in the future, why not 2-3 or some smaller gap, cuz that way they will atleast know someone in Wano, after 20 years there is a chance noone would even know about them.

On another note: I think Momo's sister is actually Tama and the other dude(the guy Luffy met when he ate her rice) is probably one of the people from the past. But if that is true I have one more question - How did she know Ace ? Didn't she say she met him some years ago or something like that ?

For last, a little off topic but, why Kinemon and the others didn't try to find other members from Roger's crew when they know Oden was in his crew?
1. Twenty years allowed things to get cold. After 2-3 years, people might have still recognized them; but being gone so long meant that no one, other than those who were actively waiting for them, would believe that they were back.

2. Yes, Tama met Ace 3-4 years earlier, which would have made her four or five at the time. I guess, if she is Princess Hiyori, Lady Toki must have sent her to an earlier time than the rest of the gang for some convoluted reason.

3. They probably tried, but how much experience did anybody from Wano have with seafaring? Kinemon and company literally got lost within hours of setting sail, and they were separated not too long after that. Not only that, what with Wano being isolationist and all, little news from the outside world made its way into its borders. They probably had no clue how big the world was. Meanwhile, Raleigh is in Sabaody, Crocus is in the stomach of a giant whale, Shanks is a nomad who never stays in a place longer than a few months, and Buggy is... well, Buggy. Kinemon and company would have had better chances winning the lottery than actually meeting one of them - heck, getting allies as good as (arguably) the two strongest Supernovas was a miracle of miracles (or plot armor).
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-06, 17:19   Link #26
necrolyte

^Well we can argue about the first point but I guess this is one possible reasoning so lets wait and see.

About the third point, I agree with everything you said, especially for the last part that meeting and winning Luffy to their side is probably even bigger Win that finding someone from Roger's crew
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-06, 17:48   Link #27
marvelB

Concerning the 20-year time leap, I can only speak for myself here, but.... as I said earlier, this at least gives Kinemon's group an advantage since they'll have the element of surprise on their side. Despite Toki's dying prophecy, not too many people would believe that ghosts from the past would rise up to rebel against the current regime, would they? And on that note, I'm pretty sure that prophecy is ALSO the reason why there exist Oden sympathizers willing to rebel two decades later. So taking that into account, you could say that Toki was planning ahead in some fashion....

As for whether or not Tama is Hiyori, I can't say for certain. Personally, I kinda doubt it since she met Ace (clearly showing she's been a part of the current Wano long before Kinemon's group reappeared), but it's also true that we don't know the limits of Toki's power, so.... yeah. Personally, I kinda like the idea that Hiyori does exist in the current time, but as an adult. In fact, part of me thinks she might be that teacher we saw in the previous chapter (her slandering of the Kouzuki name could just be an act), but I'm not exactly holding my breath in that regard, either....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-08, 08:43   Link #28
Theia_Loki

Okay, so it's highly unlikely in hindsight for Tama to be Hiyori considering she remembers and met Ace before. Which leaves Ginrumy, one of Jack's lackeys from his trip to Zou.

How else would she know about Raizou being referred to as a Samurai despite being a Ninja aside from being tasked with finding him? Asides from that, we had her internal thoughts during Jack's return trip to Zou after witnessing Sheepshead in his... strung-up state. She was also disturbed by what Jack's crew was vocally expressing what they planned to do to Zou... before it's massive trunk was swung their way. Other than that, she looks old enough for her to have been a child twenty years back.

Maybe I am overthinking this little detail, but considering One Piece's track record and Kyros turning out to be the One-Legged Soldier, What are the odds?
Old 2018-10-11, 09:02   Link #29
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 920
You guys in the forum are not grasping the events of these past 2 chapters. Then again time traveling has always been a complex story and has for Oda he better be careful when dealing with time in his story because it requires a lot of fore-site and foreshadowing.

Time Line
First off when Toki sent Kine'emon and the rest in to the future she altered the timeline. Will call the events without Kine'emon and the crew timeline 1 and the present situation were Kine'emon and Luffy exist together at the same place time line 2. What does this mean? Well first we will get to see how important Tiki decision to send her followers 20 years in to the future was(it is starting to pay off already). For instance in time line 1 (without Kine'emon and the crew)Luff could have been defeated by Kaidou(Big event). Another possibility is we would never known the existence of the man made mythical Zoan fruit(Small event). One of the most important affect is Momonusuke, the minks tribe pledge there loyalty to his family and Oden. They would die for him and that has brought them into the alliance against Kaidou(Influential event). Would the Mink tribe have joined without Momonusuke's request? Finally it was Momonusuke who order the elephant to repel Jack the Drought. Without Momonusuke would Jack the Draught have been Luffy's first big defeat instead of Dogtooth? (Big Event)

Punching hole in theories
You guys brought up the the idea Toki brought them 20 years into the future so they would be forgotton, element of surprise, and etc. Well the why not 18 or 19 years instead of 20. How about 25 years into the future? Why am i asking this? Do you guys find it a little to coincidental that Toki chose this period in time? Think about what is happening right now. Luffy and the alliance are planning attack on Kaidou. I find it very curious that Toki married Oden a man that can hear voices and read Ponyglyphs. Maybe Toki just got very lucky (twice). I wonder if her devil fruit allows her to see into the future? Could she see glimpse of visions like a jedi or a maybe like a fortune teller, see the individual's future. Also I wonder if Toki ever got to talk to Rogers and White Beard? Her husband did. Has for Marco in chapter 909 he requested a letter be sent. Is this related to Toki or certain events that may happen? Oda wouldn't put this into the story unless it had importance to the plot and the readers. At first I thought it could be Marco's will to Shanks if he dies in the battle with Kaidou(for shadowing his death).

Toki
I wonder if she survived? If she did is she prisoner of Kaidou? Does Kaidou know of her powers? If she escaped how far did she travel into the future and will we see her in battle?

Last edited by grey_1960; 2018-10-11 at 09:54.
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-15, 08:35   Link #30
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

will the SH grand fleet be a part of this giant battle in Wano?
or the big event foreshadowed before the giant war at the end of the series?
Old 2018-10-15, 17:57   Link #31
Tuor

^ Based on the mini episodes, it seems like the grand fleet is spread out at the moment. I think it'll be a while before they come together again. Probably not in this arc, IMO.
Tuor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-15, 18:31   Link #32
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Maybe the cover stories happened earlier. If the Straw Hats have to face Kaido and Big Mom, they'll need all the help they can get. I remember the newspaper reporting that Luffy and Law have made an alliance, but I can't remember if it said which yonkou they were targeting. If they don't have that information, their allies can't really do much.

I still think they can make it without their help though. Marco and the remnants of the WhiteBeard pirates (assuming Marco can gather them, which I assume he will) could hold off Big Mom while Luffy and his allies on site take care of Kaidou. Easier said than done of course, but the odds aren't looking bad considering the Supernovas in Wano will most likely join Luffy once they realize he has a real shot at this.
Old 2018-10-16, 12:10   Link #33
Theia_Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Maybe the cover stories happened earlier. If the Straw Hats have to face Kaido and Big Mom, they'll need all the help they can get. I remember the newspaper reporting that Luffy and Law have made an alliance, but I can't remember if it said which yonkou they were targeting. If they don't have that information, their allies can't really do much.
Seeing as Sai and Leo are currently at Mariejois with Vivi, Rebecca and the others and likely keeping on watch in case another incident like Charloss trying to kidnap Shirahoshi again, I'd say you're correct. At least in regards to those two.

Bellamy is unlikely seeing as he's quit Piracy and started working on un-tearable straw hat flags, at least from the looks of it. Don't know for sure about Cavendish or Bartolomeo, although the former would've gladly intervened for fame and helping the people of Wano, whereas the latter was last seen in one of Shanks' territories and not really in a position to assist...yet.
The only ones that I can imagine being in any possible position to be a tremendous asset if they show would be either Ideo, Hadrujin, or Orlumbus.
- Ideo because he's got a big enough ship given to him by Orlumbus and could use some additional recruiting with Urashima as a dubious-but-possible candidate.
- Hadrujin for obvious muscle reasons given him and his crew are all giants who are about thirty-six feet tall at the shortest.
- Orlumbus primarily due to his tremendous naval and numbers asset, as well as the fact his fleet is capable of transporting the people of Wano out of there should things go pear-shaped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I still think they can make it without their help though. Marco and the remnants of the WhiteBeard pirates (assuming Marco can gather them, which I assume he will) could hold off Big Mom while Luffy and his allies on site take care of Kaidou. Easier said than done of course, but the odds aren't looking bad considering the Supernovas in Wano will most likely join Luffy once they realize he has a real shot at this.
Last I recall, Eustass Kid is still a prisoner of Kaidou's and could be locked up in the same Island they're planning on invading: Onigashima. No word yet as to the whereabouts of Kid's crew but likely imprisoned like him. Still, I wonder if the Beasts Pirates share any of the news that happened during the Totto land arc with their prisoners, assuming they're even that nice to begin with.
Old 2018-10-17, 14:06   Link #34
Rainbowman

This might be a bit off topic but the more I look at Kinemon, the more I think of Goemon from the series Lupin the 3rd.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-17, 20:09   Link #35
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
This might be a bit off topic but the more I look at Kinemon, the more I think of Goemon from the series Lupin the 3rd.
Actually it's not off topic but.. We don't know where Oda will get the character design from. Could be inspired from some series that he fans of such as Dragon Ball.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote