AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-08-09, 20:59   Link #41
YF19EX

Well if talking UC, conventional MS weaponry starts with 120mm machine guns. Probably not that effective against Destroyer armor. You put in beam weaponry and beam sabers and I am sure they would be carving up BETA for lunch. But again it depends on era/AU.
YF19EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 21:59   Link #42
John117xCortana

How about Gundam Unicorn era ? Or post GSD era ?
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 23:39   Link #43
vic-vic

Yeah, I think X-1 Destroy could be more than a forminable opponent for BETA horde.
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 00:02   Link #44
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

The fanfics i ve read being a SRW Alpha 3 crossover. In that particular fanic, the author generally have the UC era gundams do good against the BETA until they run out of E-packs on their beam rifle, or when their head vulcans run out of ammo and they get swarmed by Tank classes. Seed CE era Phase-shift can survive the tanks quite well provided their batteries last. I-field are somewhat weak against lasers since BETA lasers are not Minovsky particle based beams. after colony wing series Gundams can survive the lasers class for a bit due to the insane heat resistance of the Gundanium alloy it helps that their pilots are all god tier experts in hit and run. Macross Valkyries do well in there Gerwalk mode since they all have unlimited flight time plus unrivaled 3 dimensional maneuverability in tight spaces allowing them to hover over the BETAs and dance all over the place. Evangelions are pretty godlike against the BETA clasees with their AT-fields but if exposed in the open where thousands of Magnus LUX lasers can target them, then their AT-fields will collapse just like when the evas fought Ramiel.
Orginal generation units like the R-series and other OG original units also do pretty good in close quarters due to all of them using tesla-drives and other various EOT Balmar, T-link technology that lets them maneuver without obeying the laws of momentum and conservation of energy.
Also "Real men ride each other"= BETA pwnage. Zankantou that cleaves evil and Trombe over ride, I ain't gona explain shit.
There is just so much shit in this fic its ridiculous. sadly its in Japanese, though someone did translated into Chinese as well.

The fic in question is called Muvluv: to the end of the galaxy.
It crosses muvluv unlimited+TDA with Post SRW Alpha3 Cobray route. The author try to use some"realisim", such as many of the weapons and attacks are not allowed to be used while within or around earth(you can guess which ones.) its post final mission true end in @3 after fighting off Keisar Ephes that when The alpha numbers attempted to jump back to their original time space with the power of Irui Gun-eden and Ideon that they got sent to the Muvluv unlimited TDA verse instead . So almost all units are damaged to some degree or outright unusable and running low on ammo after the Keisar ephes fight. Of course many of these repairs and resupply will be difficult or straight up impossible to acquire in muluv earth.

For the MLU side, its after the evacuation of the colony ships but before the global G-bombing phase of op Babylon. Takeru gets meiya's 00R repainted in black. the valkyries and 207 are around but disbanded and spread out all over the world. Marimo is back to being a major in the IJA and eventually gets her own battalion affiliated with the UN curiously named "Wardog" battalion which will get many members who we are familiar with from the various TDA and chronicle side stories. Also the Americans are scheming something huge with the the arrival of the alpha numbers. Cobray and Dis Astragant choose to TIME DIVE into extra before Time diving again into Alternative.

the following is the translated teaser i did using various quotes from the Fic for /m awhile ago. see if you can guess who is saying what.
Spoiler:

also yuuko destroys her office in rage like 18 times from just even trying to understand the various bullshit workings and energy source of the various SRW units. The real type she could somewhat understand and rationalize their theory, but stuff like the Ide, Getter ray, J-jewel/G-stone, Tetragrammaton and other Super-Robot Not!Magictek science makes her want to blow her brains out.

Last edited by Angrypokstick; 2012-08-10 at 00:25.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 07:58   Link #45
John117xCortana

Just how well did the YF-19 and YF-21 fared against the BETA in that fic ?
Old 2012-08-12, 11:27   Link #47
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

MuvLuv: Comet chapter 4 is out.

There is another MuvLuv fanfic i enjoyed reading but i immediately dropped it after the latest chapter. But if your interested, here it is.

Spoiler for What made me drop it:

Last edited by MrTerrorist; 2012-08-12 at 13:12.
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 12:40   Link #48
John117xCortana

Also, that guy really needs a beta reader.
Old 2012-08-12, 16:50   Link #49
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
Just how well did the YF-19 and YF-21 fared against the BETA in that fic ?
YF-21 is inoperable due to damage. Guld flys in a old F-11 thunderbolt now. the Yf-19 basically rapes betas in tight quarters like inside hangars/tunnels using gerwalk mode to hover and boosting just above most BETA's reach while moving at insane speeds.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 11:17   Link #50
John117xCortana

Nice.

Did he use any PPB attacks on the BETA Destroyers ?
Old 2012-08-15, 11:01   Link #51
John117xCortana

Update. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7112821/56/

What exactly is Ikaruga's goal ? Why does he want to cause so much destruction ?
Old 2012-08-15, 13:55   Link #52
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

With what happened and what's going to happen to the shogun after this battle... well, my guess is that the government itself will change the system. It's kinda long shot, but Ikaruga keep saying the 'new world' so maybe that's what he's really after?

He's been pretty antagonistic in this arc though

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 14:20   Link #53
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
With what happened and what's going to happen to the shogun after this battle... well, my guess is that the government itself will change the system. It's kinda long shot, but Ikaruga keep saying the 'new world' so maybe that's what he's really after?

He's been pretty antagonistic in this arc though
to the shogun Yuuhi loving goes to Takeru's arms

To Ikaruga
Borrow a certain scene form a movie

Ikaruga " This is madness!!"

Takeru " No this is the power of true love!!

Shirogane Kicks Ikaruga into a bottomless pit
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 11:29   Link #54
John117xCortana

Quote:
"Affection… such a subtle little word yet its meaning hold so much more" Ikaruga was enjoying every minute of this moment. The reaction that he saw brought him such untold joy that he wished he could experience it again. He can see Yuuhi's mouth forming a frown, her eyes wavering at every word. She felt violated…

Every word that came out of his mouth felt like it was taken from her throat and formed into a perversion kind of language.

"…" But still the Shogun continued to struggle, continued to put on a brave face against a man who can kill her with but a thought.

"Despite everything my father claimed you to be, there is certainly one thing that hasn't changed. Japan thinks of the royal family as a height above them, thinking that we were… demigods… prime examples of a Japanese by honoring our old traditions in every way. (…) But they are wrong. Despite what we've been told, what our children have been taught, there is still one viable error they cannot erase. In the end… Your Highness… you're still a girl. (…!) A human—no different to the animals you see prowling on the streets every day. We feel, we think just like everyone else. (…) But such feelings are denied to us"

"…"

Ikaruga's face drew closer as if he was trying to corner the girl on the balcony. "Tell me. What did it feel like to be beside him? What manner of deed did he do to earn your affection? What kind of man was he to make you show… such expressions? How did you feel when the peasant came to you face?"

Yuuhi didn't want to imagine it but she could not help herself from thinking of the boy. Every tinge of her body was wavering. Her feelings, followed by the fear of this man was becoming close to breaking her face apart. She bit her lip sharply trying to suppress her growl but she was failing.

"Ahahaha!" The man in blue burst a laugh. "This is magnificent. Simply magnificent. It sounds like something out of a fairy tale. A princess falling for a dog unmatched of her status. Of all the men in the world…you chose a brat whose standing is of no value to you or your country. It's like comparing a bird to a mere rat that breeds in droves in the sewers! I cannot even begin to understand you. AHAHAHA!"

In that split of a second, a switch was flipped from Yuuhi's mind. A dam burst from her deep subconscious pouring all the rage that she had been holding back. Like a tsunami it swept over her body drowning all the logic she had built to keep herself from acting. All sense of reason faded from it and acting primarily on those lesser instincts, her hand moved up against the man's face, causing a sound that silenced everyone else's thoughts in the room.

Slap!

Ikaruga didn't even see the blow coming when he felt the pain seeping across his cheek. It was so fast that he couldn't even find time to dodge. It was the same slap that Yuuhi delivered to Takeru during the coup but this time… she meant every sense of the action.

"That's enough!" The guards felt a chill run down their spine at the yell of her voice. Even Ikaruga who seemed so composed earlier could not help but be still, a horrified look replacing his face.

"Y… your highness…" The Grand Chamberlain who has been with her all her life never once saw so much anger and hatred burning from the girl. It radiated so much that it may have killed a small animal.

"I said… that is enough" Yuuhi continued not taking her eyes off her mark. "I will not allow you to insult him anymore…" The killing intent she was resonating could be felt around the entire room, choking the very air that they breathed.
Crowning Moment of Awesome for Yuuhi.
Old 2012-08-20, 09:46   Link #55
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

For those who've been reading this: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7112821/

Do you thin those flashes that Takeru keeps getting is a premonition of his future (like the part where he almost get shot down by Zuikaku or those laser-class betas in carrier's mouth) or is it another memory of him in another cycle where he ends up losing his life as a result of those premonition?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 10:46   Link #56
John117xCortana

Could be. I got the impression that this Takeru is a mix of every known possible loop.
Old 2012-08-20, 13:16   Link #57
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
For those who've been reading this: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7112821/

Do you thin those flashes that Takeru keeps getting is a premonition of his future (like the part where he almost get shot down by Zuikaku or those laser-class betas in carrier's mouth) or is it another memory of him in another cycle where he ends up losing his life as a result of those premonition?
or Paul sensei's Takeru is evolving into a
Spoiler for ....:

I must admit Paul xion writing is amazing . My hats off to him

for me I want to my fanfic, even if my grammar's sucks, I just want to express , my idea of what if's scenario ..... well to me what's important that I stay to be true to myself .... write my ideas form the heart, in my own way,

as for me I am planing to to using this mech as a base for Shirogane's personal TSF

Spoiler for ....:
Old 2012-08-20, 13:24   Link #58
John117xCortana

What is that ?
Old 2012-08-20, 13:27   Link #59
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Armored Core mecha AKA White Glint
Old 2012-08-20, 13:28   Link #60