AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-08-05, 20:38   Link #101
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek View Post
Spoiler for Manga:
EXACTLY!!!

Spoiler for manga knowledge included:
AuroraFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-30, 12:55   Link #102
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
EXACTLY!!!

Spoiler for manga knowledge included:
I actually think the point of the series is that Naruto isn't developed technique-wise. He develops a lot more personality-wise. Sasuke is the exact opposite in that respect. I always thought that was the point of the series.
Regardless I'd love to see him kick some ass, but we all know that's not going to happen.

And something I'd like to see: How about some villages other than Sand and Leaf? maybe show us the hidden rock village? They talk about rock ninja hating leaf ninja, but I'd like to see them in action.
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-30, 16:02   Link #103
SajberToent
Borked

Naruto was a great character until the fillers and Shippuuden hit us. Suddenly Naruto did a huge rollback in character progression, he became childish, dumb and has yet to display any advancement he's made in the three years he was gone (compare that to Sakura who went from useless to a fully fledged medical ninja).

The second problem is that well, Naruto hasn't really got any chemestry going on with the remaining Konoha characters, it's just not interesting to follow. That's probably why the story has started to focus on Sasuke instead.

- Well, expect another long arc of Naruto training and then we'll hopefully see him justify the name of the anime.
SajberToent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-30, 17:40   Link #104
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Send a message via AIM to Mangs Send a message via MSN to Mangs
Imo, Naruto's golden moments was during episode 1 to.... 134, after that I stoped liking him and turned my attention towards the other characters. The fight with Sasuke was amazing because it showed us everything he had learned up untill then, he had just finished reaching Sasuke's level, but sadly he was just a tiny bit away from being better.

After that, he just didn't get any better, and no I'm not pointing towards the fillers, I ignored those. When he came back I was looking forward to a bunch of new techniques, a waaaay stronger Naruto, but all I saw was him doing a bigger Rassengan, and that's it.... *facepalm*

Now, Naruto is no longer the reason I watch the show. Sakura is great, Lee is great, Shikamaru is great, most of the other ninjas from that bunch are also pretty cool, but Naruto? Naah...
Old 2008-08-30, 20:32   Link #105
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

I'm gonna say the same thing about Naruto that i do for Orihime from Bleach....Potential to be the most powerful but no ability to use that power
Old 2008-08-31, 12:19   Link #106
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangs View Post
Imo, Naruto's golden moments was during episode 1 to.... 134, after that I stoped liking him and turned my attention towards the other characters. The fight with Sasuke was amazing because it showed us everything he had learned up untill then, he had just finished reaching Sasuke's level, but sadly he was just a tiny bit away from being better.

After that, he just didn't get any better, and no I'm not pointing towards the fillers, I ignored those. When he came back I was looking forward to a bunch of new techniques, a waaaay stronger Naruto, but all I saw was him doing a bigger Rassengan, and that's it.... *facepalm*

Now, Naruto is no longer the reason I watch the show. Sakura is great, Lee is great, Shikamaru is great, most of the other ninjas from that bunch are also pretty cool, but Naruto? Naah...
Well, I don't know how many times i'm going to need to say this, but Naruto(the character) isn't supposed to be learning new techniques. Think back to DBZ, how many techniques did Goku actually know? Maybe four, for the entire series. Naruto takes after him in that respect. He has few techniques, but he is extemely skilled with each of them. Naruto is what I like to refer to as being "specialized".
Old 2008-08-31, 12:36   Link #107
Luce

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
Well, I don't know how many times i'm going to need to say this, but Naruto(the character) isn't supposed to be learning new techniques. Think back to DBZ, how many techniques did Goku actually know? Maybe four, for the entire series. Naruto takes after him in that respect. He has few techniques, but he is extemely skilled with each of them. Naruto is what I like to refer to as being "specialized".
I understand the reference, but from what I remember of DBZ, (haven't seen in long time) no one really got any new techniques. Everyone just kinda used the same stuff over and over, which is slightly different then "Naruto" where some people are developing new stuff quite frequently.

Also, if you think of other people like Shikamaru, Choji, Ino, Lee, etc....they have all been kinda doing the same things over and over, jutsu wise. But Naruto should be learning some new techniques soon since he has learned what his element type is. He should develop some jutsus based solely on his wind nature, not just FRS.
Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 16:39   Link #108
CaptainSmoker

I read som1 said earier how naruto was interesting from ep 1-134, yep yep, now i think he makes the show suck very bad. I just dont understand Shippuden its going horribly slow, the story is very weak now VERy weak. Akatsuki are droping like flies

I think Negi should have had more development along with Gai theyve barely had any.WE have yet to see Gai complete a battle yet, its amazingly pathetic. I think the problem is the story in shippuden more then naruto being to weak and annoying.
CaptainSmoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 12:42   Link #109
retracnosna

Quote:
Well, I don't know how many times i'm going to need to say this, but Naruto(the character) isn't supposed to be learning new techniques
doesn't have to be 10 different jutsus, doesn't even have to be a jutsu, but upgrades are a huge part of the manga

and naruto got jacked in part 2

even sakura got treated better. Which is nuts.
retracnosna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 14:14   Link #110
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by retracnosna View Post
doesn't have to be 10 different jutsus, doesn't even have to be a jutsu, but upgrades are a huge part of the manga

and naruto got jacked in part 2

even sakura got treated better. Which is nuts.
I don't see what you're talking about, he seems to have been upgraded greatly from what he was before Shippuden. Granted, everyone else grew up, and in many instances, twice as much as naruto did, but he did get better.
Old 2008-09-02, 15:04   Link #111
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
And something I'd like to see: How about some villages other than Sand and Leaf? maybe show us the hidden rock village? They talk about rock ninja hating leaf ninja, but I'd like to see them in action.
the hate stems from the classic rock, paper, scissors

Quote:
this is true, but atleast Goku could fight w/out using special techniques Naruto's taijutsu is just horrendous in all aspects.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 15:21   Link #112
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
this is true, but atleast Goku could fight w/out using special techniques Naruto's taijutsu is just horrendous in all aspects.
Well, you obviously haven't paid any attention to The Buu Saga. All it was was special techniques.
Not to mention that Naruto was never trained in Taijutsu.
Old 2008-09-02, 16:08   Link #113
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Well, you obviously haven't paid any attention to The Buu Saga. All it was was special techniques.
Not to mention that Naruto was never trained in Taijutsu.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post

bold emphasis and there's more to a series than just that one saga. Goku vs. Krillin in Dragonball and Goku vs. Ubuu are good examples, yeah they're not completely w/out the use of special powers, but my point still remains the same.

there was a character comparison and I broke it down a bit, doesn't really change anything. Naruto is supposedly Goku-ish, he just sucks at it He has the quick learning down and patent though while Chouji inherited the love of food

Last edited by Mr. DJ; 2008-09-02 at 16:46.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 20:20   Link #114
MikoKikyo

I think Naruto is more developed personality wise in Shippuuden, even if he's not that much improved in terms of technique. He seems to me less annoying and less prone to yelling for no reason.

I agree that there should be more Neji and Lee, though... And as for DBZ, recall that they had other ways of showing upgrading rather than by techniques, in the beginning they had power levels (ugh) and after that they had super saiyan status (and after that it got crappy so I stopped watching).
MikoKikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-03, 14:01   Link #115
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriestessKikyo View Post
I think Naruto is more developed personality wise in Shippuuden, even if he's not that much improved in terms of technique. He seems to me less annoying and less prone to yelling for no reason.
Thank you. That is the precise point I was trying to make.
Old 2013-03-17, 07:20   Link #116
Monster0

Naruto held back at the last moment and didn't take Sasukes head off. Remember the fight was observed by Zetsu and he said Naruto was only using a fraction of his power.Naruto is hands down the best ninja in the story.Why? he has made the least mistakes if any at all.

Last edited by Monster0; 2013-03-17 at 07:21. Reason: didn't ad the quote
Monster0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 03:23   Link #117
JustRob

Naruto doesn't need to learn a lot of new jutsu. He doesn't need them. What would it add if he learned a few Fuuton techniques? He's got Sage Mode, he's got Kyuubi Mode, he's got his variations of the Rasengan. When it comes to taijutsu he can wipe the field with most people by using Sage Mode.

And compared to the others it's not so bad. What does Sakura have? She can beat shit up and she can heal people. Oh and she can use the Replacement technique. Even though Kakashi noted numerous times that Sakura was a genjutsu type, she never uses a single genjutsu at all.

Shikamaru only has his shadow. He's decent in hand to hand combat. Just like Naruto, he makes variations of his original technique.

Ino... What does she have? She can transfer her mind into someone's body. If that fails, she's boned.

Tenten, can throw weapons... And... weapons... you know...

Kakashi, who is supposed to have copied thousands of jutsu, only ever uses his Sharingan and Raikiri. And the occasional fire / earth jutsu or a water clone.

The only reason it seems like others are learning new techniques is because they either have the Sharingan or the Rinnegan.
Old 2013-03-23, 19:45   Link #118
Sasukemaru
Banned

I totally agree with this thread, I would much rather focus in on Shikamaru hosting chuunin exams and playing shogi while Naruto is out saving the world, who wants to see that crap?

Also, why do those damn ninja turtles get all the face time in teenager mutant ninja turtles? I wanna see April O'neil deliver the 6 o clock news on a regular basis, oh yeah...
Sasukemaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 07:09   Link #119
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Is Naruto wasted on Naruto?

Like yeah, after chasing Sousuke..... not like a love rival but as a his lover.... C'mon fujoshis are drooling beside me....*yuck
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 08:56   Link #120
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasukemaru View Post
I totally agree with this thread, I would much rather focus in on Shikamaru hosting chuunin exams and playing shogi while Naruto is out saving the world, who wants to see that crap?

Also, why do those damn ninja turtles get all the face time in teenager mutant ninja turtles? I wanna see April O'neil deliver the 6 o clock news on a regular basis, oh yeah...
There's an entire world and history that makes for a much better story, or so I think.

The lives of Madara and Hashirama could've easily been its own series, the current flashbacks are great.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote