Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2009-06-26, 17:50   Link #1
kiki_natsumi-chan
Battler follower

Send a message via MSN to kiki_natsumi-chan
I need some advice...

I'm learning how to draw, and as I draw, I always stop because of the hands. They always either end up too big, too small, or simply horrible.
And: SHOES. How can one draw some...shoes that look like shoes? Mine look like ovals.

Ehm, yeah, so if I can get some tips from other artists, I think that it might help a lot. Thanks in advance!
kiki_natsumi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 17:57   Link #2
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

The trick to learning how to draw hands is to look at your non drawing hand and draw alot of it lol

What kind of shoes do you have problems with?

And most shoes really look like ovals when you look at them straight from the front. To make it look like shoes, you have to do the details right and shape it well. You can look at your shoes and just draw them in various perspectives.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 17:58   Link #3
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Request to the mods. Is there a possibilty for a drawing section or thread, where one can ask for tips and such? No wait? Why don't i create one myself, who wants such a thread as well?

Now to your question. I also fail at hands. So I suggest you to leave them out xD Being serious...my answer is this. Watch videos of how people draw them. That way you can follow why they start that way you know how to start and how you have to draw to have a good outcome. Then just practice. Them goes for shoes.
Give them different shapes, and the sole is important as well
Old 2009-06-26, 18:03   Link #4
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Yea videos are good for learning, just search on youtube.

Sometimes you cannot visualise a shape well and you're not sure how the lines should go. In these cases just keep drawing and erasing the lines in different angles until you get the shape that you want.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 18:21   Link #5
Raiga
tl;dr

I got better at shoes after I figured out that the trick is to first sketch the shape of the foot inside it, and shape the curves of the footwear around that.

Next time you go to a party, take a sketchbook, sit by the door, and draw all the shoes of the guests. It'll ruin your social life, but you'll get a lot better at drawing shoes.
Old 2009-06-27, 07:15   Link #6
kiki_natsumi-chan
Battler follower

Send a message via MSN to kiki_natsumi-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
The trick to learning how to draw hands is to look at your non drawing hand and draw alot of it lol

What kind of shoes do you have problems with?

And most shoes really look like ovals when you look at them straight from the front. To make it look like shoes, you have to do the details right and shape it well. You can look at your shoes and just draw them in various perspectives.
I usually have problems with most shoes, actually. But thanks for the tips. ^^ I'll make sure to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
Now to your question. I also fail at hands. So I suggest you to leave them out xD Being serious...my answer is this. Watch videos of how people draw them. That way you can follow why they start that way you know how to start and how you have to draw to have a good outcome. Then just practice. Them goes for shoes.
Give them different shapes, and the sole is important as well
For the hands: Hmmm...that sounds like a good thing to do. I usually just have a
friend pose a hand, since I can never get the details when I pose with my own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
I got better at shoes after I figured out that the trick is to first sketch the shape of the foot inside it, and shape the curves of the footwear around that.

Next time you go to a party, take a sketchbook, sit by the door, and draw all the shoes of the guests. It'll ruin your social life, but you'll get a lot better at drawing shoes.
Heh, that sounds good. Actually...it sounds more logical than what I do. (Draw the shoe. That's all.)

Hmm...I might do that when I am invited to a party.

Thanks guys for the advice. ^^'
kiki_natsumi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice