AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-06, 05:25   Link #1
sothis

Good tragedies (i'm telling, not asking ^_^)

not sure if this is allowed since it says ask for suggestions, but i thought i might throw out some good tragedies for people to watch. i know many new anime fans (or even fans that haven't seen a lot of rare stuff) might have only seen things like sai kano and such, but i personally have had the opportunity to see a few fantastic ones that i thought i'd promote. (and i know nosanninwa will agree with me on one of them at least! )

(click links for screenshots)

Oseam
an extremely tragic, yet beautiful tale about two orphans who stay at a monastery. the film is korean. i rated it a 10, i rarely do that. it is slower than most films, so if you demand action nonstop, this isn't for you.

Dog of Flanders
the only thing i've seen which rivals Oseam for its beauty and innocent tragedy. animation looks like future boy conan era, but it is simply amazing. a bit slower feeling than oseam, even. but so worth it.

Windaria
DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT watch the dub. not only is the story mangled to be "happier" (when in fact, this is a beautiful tragedy), but the music is made happier, etc. the subtitled version is extremely tragic, and based in a fantasy world. nosanninwa loves this one too, so we must be correct

now and then, here and there is another good one, but i don't think its in the same class as the three above. anyways, just thought i'd share those with you guys, in case you were looking for a good tragedy/sad story ^_^
Old 2004-05-06, 05:53   Link #2
Budweineken
Crap

You are right not include NTHT with the others... the reason is because it's on a calss of its own... It's one of my favorites of all time... i just rewatched the whole series last week and it still doesnt fail me
Old 2004-05-06, 12:19   Link #3
TronDD
Team the box!

I've been meaning to ask for tragedy suggestions. I'll be sure to check these out.
Old 2004-05-06, 12:47   Link #4
DistortedRealmS

Send a message via MSN to DistortedRealmS
Ok I don't want to push gundam to the masses once again by recommending another series but the title being tragedies I couldn't resist spreading the word of the tragic epic called V gundam a.k.a Victory Gundam (Ass subbed all epsodes and they are available on suki) The anime with the most deaths of respectable characters spanning the entire series by the end you'll be depressed for days...literally. leave it to the creater to write this while he's in a depression

excellent story regardless though.

Rob
Old 2004-05-06, 15:10   Link #5
sothis

bud:

i actually excluded NTHT because i consider the OTHERS to be in a class of their own. NTHT is great by all means, i love it... but they don't come close to touching the crystal clear level of tragedy in the other titles i mentioned.
Closed Thread