Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-05, 11:17   Link #441
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Production values were outstanding. Pacing, action, image all first-rate. But there was no time given for the characters to think, and the action happened without enough inner background, it seemed to me. The expression of emotion was fine, but I felt as if any feeling of something actually going on inside the characters' heads was sacrificed to action.

Maybe that will change after we get this hook episode out of the way, and maybe it's just how this genre works. Haven't seen many (or any) zombie shows of any kind, myself.
That's actually a really good point. They were put in a totally ridiculous and unbelievable situation where they simply have time to process just WTF was happening which made most of their decisions more of gut reactions and instinctual than anything else. The fact that they left in the cruel reality of the girl who left her friend to die while she would get her own karmic reward almost exactly the same as from the manga was surprising given the weight and brutality of it all.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 11:21   Link #442
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Well, just like the manga, it's pretty chaotic and full of violence but hey, what do you expect when you involve zombies in it no? The 1st ep was okay since they showed how hell breaks loose and how people panic from left to right. Ah, I'll be expecting for some more
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 11:24   Link #443
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
How's the reception to this show in Japan?
Quote:
Viewers of newly airing “School Apocalypse: Highschool of the Dead” are acclaiming it as “the greatest masterpiece of the season” and “a godly anime” for its unsubtle combination of schoolgirl pantsu and bloody zombie carnage.
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/0...t-masterpiece/ (NSFW)
Old 2010-07-05, 11:26   Link #444
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well now that Sankaku is all over it I guess it means that 4ch has been going insane for the last day or so.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 11:39   Link #445
HeadlessPony
~Princess~

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingxashley View Post
Youre watching the wrong series then. This is a fanservice survival series, and they make no bones about it.
Oh, I've read the manga. I know what I'm in for. This series is the first of it's kind and I love zombie films to death, so getting past the panty shots will be easy for me.
HeadlessPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 11:44   Link #446
Tiberium Wolf

Seems they did cut things out from the manga.
Old 2010-07-05, 11:47   Link #447
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Seems they did cut things out from the manga.
Well if memory serves me right they also added more things in about takashi's relationship with Rei.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 11:48   Link #448
dreamingxashley
K-ON Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlessPony View Post
Oh, I've read the manga. I know what I'm in for. This series is the first of it's kind and I love zombie films to death, so getting past the panty shots will be easy for me.
Ok as long as you know what youre getting into. lol
Old 2010-07-05, 11:53   Link #449
Lummie

Best anime of this season!
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 12:07   Link #450
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

I need new pants(u)
Syntron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 12:08   Link #451
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

This would make a great spinoff of the Resident Evil series.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 12:11   Link #452
dreamingxashley
K-ON Fangirl

You know what would be great? If there was a random zombie dragging around a vuvuzela, trying to play it, and got his head smashed...

I hate that thing so much. <_<
Old 2010-07-05, 12:13   Link #453
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Production values were outstanding. Pacing, action, image all first-rate. But there was no time given for the characters to think, and the action happened without enough inner background, it seemed to me. The expression of emotion was fine, but I felt as if any feeling of something actually going on inside the characters' heads was sacrificed to action.
It's rare that I find myself disagreeing with you, but I don't think that this is entirely true. We did get some Takashi/Rei backstory in the beginning, and we also got some first glimpses of Saya (the pink-haired ojousama genius). Thing is that at the moment, Takashi is essentially numb with shock, and Rei had a _really_ bad time too, if you think about it ^_^

I liked how they handled Hisashi's death, and it laid some proper groundwork for later developments (I'll just say that the Rei-Takashi relationship _will_ go through developments, and this isn't the last time Hisashi will be an issue for them).

Quote:
Maybe that will change after we get this hook episode out of the way, and maybe it's just how this genre works. Haven't seen many (or any) zombie shows of any kind, myself.
Personally, the character development of the characters (the cast isn't assembled yet) is the primary selling point to me. Expect to see the zombie action only as hardships and trials. It's about the characters
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 12:30   Link #454
Velsy

I just watched it.

Well as a manga reader, I like it. Pantsu shots were meh (I was expecting it really) I actually hoped there would be less pantsu shots. My biggest quarm is they didnt show how Rei and Takashi's presently troubled friendship all the well. They are like childhood friends who are currently having a lot of petty bickering. Even more so that she had a boyfriend who is one of Takashis mates. Maybe they didnt have the time to reinforce those issues but I not going to make much fus over it anyway. I like the way they handled the killing of Hisashi by Takashi. It showed at the end its a burden he will have to carry. Also liked Rei's words at the end, its what I hoped she would be like (like the manga). Start blaming him for hating her boyfriend then when he saids he will leave and fight the zombies alone. She gets all sentimenal of being left alone.

I thought I may of been dissppointed in this, but I liked it. Will be waiting for the next episode. Hope they keep the ecci to a low level O_O

oh and no show for the guy having a smoke ? who gets wtfbbq zombie pawned ?

Probably was a little quicker than the manga too.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 12:33   Link #455
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Not discounting the show's 2ch popularity (I wouldn't know), but Sankaku Complex posts an article like that for any show featuring ample moe or service. The thing is that with any show, there's always some people declaring it the greatest masterpiece.

Anyway, Ep. 1 boasts outstanding production quality. Wonderful choreography, animation, and art.

Script and premise are absolute rubbish though (trite and horrid melodrama that we've seen in a million exploitation films. You already know what the characters are going to say), which plants this firmly in the brainless guilty pleasure category. It's well made, visceral pulp that engages the senses, but it's no masterpiece yet.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 12:37   Link #456
Dahak86
Classics never age

Thumbs up I approve!

OMG! just saw it subbed, finally.. and omg! this rox! best of the season, indeed.
blood all over the place, pantsu everywhere, boobs jiggling all-the-time, plus I loved the two friends going like: "let's be friends forever! let's run and escape together!" and 2 seconds after, "Let go of me, b*tch, dammit, LET GO!" lol one of the best scenes... that's like 'true friends' should be, right? hahaha
Anyway, a truly masterpiece of mindless-gore-madness-and-pantsu! Definetly keep watchin'!

And now, guys
Old 2010-07-05, 12:37   Link #457
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

even though I'm not much of an ecchi fan I enjoyed the first episode I felt sorry for the girl who got betrayed and kicked down the stairs by her "not so much BFF".

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 12:38   Link #458
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Finally got round to watching it and

Blood, gore, action, undead, boobs, panties and soon to be gun pron!

I won't say it's the best anime this year for me...yet but I'm thinking it will take top spot anyway even ahead of Sekirei

God I can't wait for more!
Old 2010-07-05, 12:39   Link #459
Sinta

Just watched the first episode; minor changes but the voices, acting and animation more than made up for it. This is going to be the best show of the year I just know it. So gritty; I loved it. Please don't cancel this manga its one of the best. I thought that they were allttle heavy on the Rei/Tanishi thing. I don't remember he actually saying that he loved her in the manga and no doubt he diggs his senpi! Love triangles and Zombies. sooo very sweet!
Old 2010-07-05, 12:55   Link #460
Inconvenient
Railgun Fanatic

This. Show. Is. Amazing.

The "BFF" part was pretty brutal. Definitely hit an emotion spot there.

100/10

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse