Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-17, 19:13   Link #761
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Because she wants to complete the very same project that the previous robotic club led by her sister started. By creating another robot from scratch she feels like she is doing something different.

Of course there are quite a few things that one could say about that. For instance that her sister's dream maybe wasn't necessarily to create that particular robot but a 10 meters tall robot in general, or that if her sister's dream was really to create a specific robot, then she had changed it already anyway.
But Aki isn't really being rational, which is why she clashes often with Subaru who thinks like a cold machine. I guess that what really matters to her is to use the physical object (the half body of the gun-pro1) that was left from the previous club, even if rationally it shouldn't matter.
Agreed. At least now when she finished Gun-Pro2, she would have experience in making Gun-Pro1 better.

I am more curious about that store manager wanting Airi to disappear. Just what happened in the past?
Old 2012-12-17, 22:11   Link #762
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
I am more curious about that store manager wanting Airi to disappear. Just what happened in the past?
I'd like to know more about the past too. But I think that the store manager wants Airi to disappear because she's afraid of what might happen to someone in the future if Airi stays. Someone like Kai, perhaps?

Store manager may not know for sure if Airi and Kai have communicated. But she knows that Kai has mysteriously pulled a past someone's name from somewhere. She probably heard about where Kai was during the typhoon incident. Putting two and two together and adding in her own history (whatever that may be) is surely enough for her to fear for Kai and others should Airi continue to interact with the present. Her solution to prevent a problem is to ask Airi to disappear.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 03:52   Link #763
qwertsage

Where's all the fervent speculation as to where the Committee of 300 fits into all of this?
qwertsage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 05:58   Link #764
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Well the Committee is most likely related to the Exoskeleton group, Misa's boss even mentioned them. The exoskeleton group is probably behind the anemone incident and they seem to be interested in the "mouse and elephant" syndrome.

It's really hard to guess what is the relation between robots, neural accelaration\deceleration, sun flares and monopoles.

I'm pretty sure the end of the world is not in the committee's best interest, though they might planning a way for a selected few to survive, if it's something that can cause several billions of humans to die, that would most definitely cause the destruction of several ecosystems, which doesn't really seem like a good idea to me.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 13:52   Link #765
Diveman

I wonder when Robotics;notes will take a huge "wham" episode. What happened at the end of ch10 could be considered but still.

Maybe i'm trying too hard to think of this as a chaos;head/steins;gate followup (which is not 100%), but I want an episode that makes me go "yo...damn"
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 15:24   Link #766
rocket
Senior and Demented

Late getting around to it but I loves this episode...

When the so called "monopole" fell out of the sky I was all like "Ok, well now the shoe's going to drop and this un-easy is it giant robots or is it subversive trolling question will be resolved for me."

Then they go and show how the opening sequence in episode one could be achieved without magical alien robot technology - we only saw the robot through the eyes of AR!

I'm still betting on massive trolling / misdirection. This monopole is not a magical natural artifact or alien tech but some gizmo made by the mad scientist who created Airi. Or at least if there is a massive fate-of-the-world level crisis that the heroics performed by the team will not involve the GunPro literally doing giant robot action sequences, but somehow functioning as a remote drone repairing a nuclear reactor or some similar 'realistic' scenario.
Old 2012-12-19, 18:34   Link #767
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I have finally found an explanation as to how monopoles could be theoretically used to produce energy. They discussed it in this forum thread:

http://forums.spacebattles.com/threa...actors.234758/

This is naturally sci-fi, but the existence of monopoles and their ability to make protons decay are part of several "grand unified theories" that have been really proposed by scientists.
The problem is that so far they have neither found monopoles nor any evidence of proton decay.

Proton decay if possible would most likely produce gamma rays, which is more or less what you get from an atomic fission, in other words: energy.

There are several questions about the feasibility or actual efficiency of such system, but at least this is the theory.

Old 2012-12-20, 14:42   Link #768
LKK

Due to holiday schedule changes, after this week's episode, Funimation's stream will take a 2 week break and resume its regular schedule on Jan 11, 2013. [Source]

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 15:53   Link #769
Algent

Spoiler for Episode 11:
Algent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 17:23   Link #770
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for 11:
Old 2012-12-21, 00:29   Link #771
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Well, it appears that the last episode of Gunvarrel possibly mimics the crazy plan the Cof300 is planning on using to cull humanity. I'm totally confused at how the big robots marching into a furnace connects with a laser being shot at the sun, however, but it's the first real hint at what connection there is likely to be between what the robot the club is building (as well as the EXOSKELETON company Misa works at), and this conspiracy that's going on.

At this point, I'm pretty much convinced that Misa has her own agenda, and is only involved with the Cof300 for her own goals. She's made too many comments to ignore, especially that discussion between her and her boss concerning Kimijima (a boss who seems unaware she knew him as a child), and she continues to reference them as "them", rather than "us" or something else that would be inclusive.

So, Kimijima Kou was killed on the same day as the Anemone incident. Why do I not think that's a coincidence? And, Shop-Keeper called him a "friend", though I'm not sure how to take that. I get the strong impression she doesn't have fond feelings towards the guy so perhaps the relationship started as a friendship, before evolving into something else?

Btw, Kai is one smooth teenager.

So, ranks 1-3 have been dead for a while. Was it all just an elaborate way of warning Kona of something? It would seem the insinuation was that rank 1 let Kai win, possibly so that particular chain of events would occur, which if true, begs the question of why now, and who (well, the who would likely be her Mother or something).

Lastly, loved the rather blunt Steins;Gate reference with the remarks about hacking SERN.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 01:49   Link #772
EroKing

The timing of this episode being aired today also. Well done Japan, +1 for marketing skills.
Old 2012-12-21, 01:50   Link #773
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

The words "THE PLOT THICKENS!" could have been splashed in red all over this episode The mystery thriller factor shifts further into high gear with everybody telling Kai what to do yet just doesn't feel like explaining anything just yet... We all know how that will turn out.

I really just go back to the earlier episodes and pay attention to all the mystery plot points; the robot building parts are pretty straight forward, but I kept spacing out during each reports and the other stuffs relating to it.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 02:03   Link #774
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I really enjoy Konata's character and her sheer random outbursts, so episode 11 was very enjoyable even without the turn for suspense and mystery. At this point, it seems nothing more than a conspiracy theorist who sees doom every where. How does it benefit anyone by firing some sort of weapon that can eject such tremendous amount of energy that it can even affect the sun to the point a mass coronal ejection is triggered? How are those 300 people survives the after effect? Will be staying tuned. Anyway, the episode was very entertaining.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 06:59   Link #775
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
And, Shop-Keeper called him a "friend", though I'm not sure how to take that.
Did she actually call him "friend"? I'm not sure if you are referring to a different scene, but what I remember is that she said "shiriai" which translates as "acquaintance". Though I think that they were actually friends at first but then something happened.
does anyone remember when was that time when they showed that picture of the old robotic club? I bet Kimijima Kou is among them.

What happened with the three ranked players in kill ballad is very mysterious. I can see two possible explanations

1) Those guys actually died since a long time and the cof300 used their personal data to hide the true nature of those 3 ranked players.

2) Their reported dead of 6 months before is fabricated.

Still the fact that they completely disappeared from the leaderboard is very unsettling. That would mean that they completely hacked Kona's system and erased their data. But what's the point of that anyway? There must be thousands of people that remember them, if Kona is famous enough to be followed by several reporters, her game must be that famous too, and the sudden disappearance of the 3 best ranked players is going to cause a commotion in the net. That was quite a conspicuous action.

I agree with Creb about Misa. She must have her personal agenda, she knew Kimijima Kou so she knew what was going on, and she probably joined Exoskeleton as an infiltrator to stop them. Though the fact that Airi says that nobody before Kaito participated in that scavenger hunt is definitely suspicious.
I wonder if it isn't just Airi screwing up with him. Can AI feel bored too?

The final episode of Gunvarell seems like the Nth reference to Evangelion. Come to think of it there's a certain parallelism. Unless you consider those pseudophilosophical montages of reused animation an "ending", Evangelion was left without a proper conclusion for quite some time, then the ending finally came and was properly named as such and... everyone dies! The only two people left alive are the main characters... with the girl lying on the ground and all... Deją-vu

In addition the graphic of the countdown to the solarflare that Misa's boss is looking at has totally the same style seen in Evangelion's computer programs.

I still have no clue what this is all about, not a single thing of this whole stuff seems to make any sense.

Old 2012-12-21, 08:00   Link #776
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
"Hacking SERN?", that's a laugh!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 09:44   Link #777
ookamigirl

Kona sure has a vivid imagination.
So Kai spilled the Kimijima report to Kona.
When it came to field work, she wasn't very into that lol
At least those two managed to find the truth behind cheaters.
Kimijima Report No.3 revealed with interesting but mysterious facts.
Seems like everything is connected in some way and it's not good.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 11:26   Link #778
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Did she actually call him "friend"? I'm not sure if you are referring to a different scene, but what I remember is that she said "shiriai" which translates as "acquaintance".

does anyone remember when was that time when they showed that picture of the old robotic club? I bet Kimijima Kou is among them.

Though the fact that Airi says that nobody before Kaito participated in that scavenger hunt is definitely suspicious.
I wonder if it isn't just Airi screwing up with him. Can AI feel bored too?
It could be the subs I watched mis-translated that then.

As for whether anyone's done the challenges before...Kai did ask Airi if she would overlook things if he asked, and all she said was "are you going to cheat?", which wasn't exactly a "no". Granted, Kai didn't end up asking her to overlook things, but there at least remains a possibility all it'd take is someone to tell her to forget something, and she'd do it. She certainly didn't seem to have a problem ignoring Kai's cheating on challenge #2. Oh, and that was an awful lot of rocks already piled up if no one else had done it before.

Regarding the old picture of the Robotics Club, I don't recall ever seeing one. In fact, I've been waiting for one, to affirm that Michi, Shop-Keeper, and Misa were all together at one time, as the flashbacks keep seem to be showing Misa in isolation from her "friends". There is an old picture of Misa, Aki, and their father, with all of them holding model robots.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 12:00   Link #779
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Regarding the old picture of the Robotics Club, I don't recall ever seeing one. In fact, I've been waiting for one, to affirm that Michi, Shop-Keeper, and Misa were all together at one time, as the flashbacks keep seem to be showing Misa in isolation from her "friends". There is an old picture of Misa, Aki, and their father, with all of them holding model robots.
You are talking about that picture that is shown when Nae talks to Aki's and Misa's father right?

What I think to remember was shown in a much earlier episode... I wonder if it's just my memory playing tricks...

Old 2012-12-21, 12:17   Link #780
EroKing

Tags
science fiction