AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Love Live!

Notices

Old 2013-04-05, 18:28   Link #1561
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
there will be 2 disc with all the song of the anime with other ... so cool 34/34 I can't wait!!
Old 2013-04-05, 18:33   Link #1562
Miraluka
Banned

What a lame way to end the series with thos last 2 episodes, seriously, did they put some monkeys to do the script??

Oh irony, I didn't expected it but Nicoand Umi sure did grow a lot on me, while on the other hand the others didn't fill my expectatives and were just meh, bland and generic.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 18:43   Link #1563
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

I just listened to an "original" song that comes from the DVD vol.1 and I like (Honoka is singing,
title: "Yume Naki Yume wa Yumeja-nai")
Old 2013-04-05, 18:46   Link #1564
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post

Oh irony, I didn't expected it but Nicoand Umi sure did grow a lot on me, while on the other hand the others didn't fill my expectatives and were just meh, bland and generic.
Actually a lot of them developed though guess one episode per character isn't enough...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 18:53   Link #1565
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Actually a lot of them developed though guess one episode per character isn't enough...
Development isn't the same as character growth in my book (always the character development thing but characters always remain the same in almost all series), some people change for good or bad, some others remain the same despite what happens to them.

Btw, maybe the words I tried to use were "shine" ?? Maybe that word, I never expected anything from Nico, since I expected her to be the whiny loli with low selfsteem but I ended liking her, lol.

Pres and vice-price for example, I expected them to be more charismatic... they ended being by far the most bland ones(puting aside their character design e.e).
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 19:04   Link #1566
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Btw, maybe the words I tried to use were "shine" ??
Now. that's clearer.... to be honest... most of the fans are so into moeness that they don't mind about development anyway... for me..

Character development by episodes

Umi > became real to herself.. her love in becoming an idol
Maki > open to more people, for more friends
Hanayo >gotten braver to be a part of an idol group
Rin > uhmm.... supportive friend?
Nico > becomes open and accepts to work as a group
Eri > become realistic... for the school
Nozomi > uhmm.. supportive friend...
Honoka > uhmm... emotionally stronger.....
Old 2013-04-05, 19:04   Link #1567
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Eli? I think she grew. I mean, she was kind of a hardass before joining the group. After, though, she became more friendly and easier to talk to, especially when she proposed the idea to stop being so formal towards each other. But yeah, Nozomi didn't develop much. She was pretty consistent (cos she's just perfect like that). I didn't find either of them bland, but that's just me.
blakstealth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 19:20   Link #1568
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-04-05, 19:21   Link #1569
YourIdeas

Quote:
Umi > became real to herself.. her love in becoming an idol
Maki > open to more people, for more friends
Hanayo >gotten braver to be a part of an idol group
Rin > uhmm.... supportive friend?
Nico > becomes open and accepts to work as a group
Eri > become realistic... for the school
Nozomi > uhmm.. supportive friend...
Honoka > uhmm... emotionally stronger.....
Kotori > becomes most famous/talented but loses a spine.

Also, I'd put Eri under the "more open/true to herself/willing to try new things" group.
YourIdeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 19:23   Link #1570
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourIdeas View Post
Kotori > becomes most famous/talented but loses a spine.
Sorry.. for the Kotori fans.. I forgot about her!!!

Kotori > learns to be open with friends including her hobbies as maid.. too bad the conflicts with my waifu kinda pulled her down..
Old 2013-04-05, 19:28   Link #1571
YourIdeas

Quote:
Kotori > learns to be open with friends including her hobbies as made.. too bad the conflicts with my waifu kinda pulled her down..
She doesn't understand how to actually talk to people about her problems. That's not being not open, that's just not understanding how to deal with her problems.
Old 2013-04-05, 19:33   Link #1572
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
She doesn't understand how to actually talk to people about her problems. That's not being not open, that's just not understanding how to deal with her problems.
Maybe not completely.. the maid and the "I'm leaving" is quite different in respect to emotional involvement...
Old 2013-04-05, 19:37   Link #1573
YourIdeas

Quote:
Maybe not completely.. the maid and the "I'm leaving" is quite different in respect to emotional involvement...
Both still boil down to the same issue of "why the hell do you find it hard to talk to your best friend about this?"
Old 2013-04-05, 19:40   Link #1574
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Both still boil down to the same issue of "why the hell do you find it hard to talk to your best friend about this?"
I don't know how girls behave....
Old 2013-04-05, 19:56   Link #1575
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Thanks glad that Maki's piano solos are all there too.

Quote:
For the maid thing, it's kind of her "secret" training to improve herself (because she feels inferior). So that's not really a thing to tell to her friend about. I see it just the same as how Umi loves to train her idol persona in secret

As for the study abroad thing. The timing was just pretty bad for her since Muse was preparing a live for the school festival.

^ I personally find it understandable, but I also can see why people find her so irritating.

As for the character developments, IMO it's Rin who is the least developed here. Nozomi's fine since she has a strong characteristic from the start.
Old 2013-04-05, 19:58   Link #1576
lildevilinhell
A foolish clown

Quote:
Even if you're best friends, there's bound to be some sort of insecurity. It's probably because she's her best friend that she's afraid of how Honoka will react to it. The more important a person is to you, the more you tend to take care of how you treat them (well, it differs from person to person, others may become more blunt and curt).

Then again, Kotori is fairly insecure to begin with, so she tends to double-doubts herself and ends up making something simple more complicated than it should be. Often, when you watch the situation it's easier to think of a solution than being the one in the situation.
Old 2013-04-05, 20:07   Link #1577
YourIdeas

Quote:
Originally Posted by lildevilinhell View Post
Then again, Kotori is fairly insecure to begin with, so she tends to double-doubts herself and ends up making something simple more complicated than it should be. Often, when you watch the situation it's easier to think of a solution than being the one in the situation.
More me, it just mostly boils down to how Kotori has almost zero confidence and very clearly didn't develop at all, compared to the other characters. It was fine on the maid episode, but the study-abroad conflict just pisses me off because it shows that she really hasn't learned anything, and it's more or less, the exact same scenario: "Don't tell Honoka because she's going to have some really bad reaction." There'd be less problems if she only got one of the two episodes, but she's essentially gotten 2-3 big-focus episodes and they all say the same thing - this is an insecure girl who has to hang onto Honoka to do anything. There just isn't any likability in that for me.
Old 2013-04-05, 20:11   Link #1578
lildevilinhell
A foolish clown

Quote:
More me, it just mostly boils down to how Kotori has almost zero confidence and very clearly didn't develop at all, compared to the other characters. It was fine on the maid episode, but the study-abroad conflict just pisses me off because it shows that she really hasn't learned anything, and it's more or less, the exact same scenario: "Don't tell Honoka because she's going to have some really bad reaction."
True. In that maid episode, Kotori mostly only developed her confidence within that maid cafe, not necessarily outside of the cafe completely. It just shows people can't change that quickly ^^'...
Old 2013-04-05, 20:37   Link #1579
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Your best friend is riding a massive emotional high, and has become nothing less than a school hero. Your best friend is on the cusp of achieving a huge dream, and your participation in group efforts was instrumental in making all of that possible. Now you plan to leave the group, just when its about to reap the hard-fought and long-awaited awards of your best friend's efforts.

To use a sports analogy, you plan to quit the team to pursue a different career passion, and you intend to do this just as your team is a win or two away from making the Championship Finals. Oh, and your best friend is the Captain of the team. It shouldn't be hard to see why Kotori had a really hard time explaining this to Honoka.

Kotori's overall handling of things certainly isn't admirable. But I do find it understandable, especially given her age.
Old 2013-04-05, 21:42   Link #1580
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

What I've been wondering is if that airport was a really short distance. Or Honoka can teleport or something since she stopped Kotori right there at the running speed of light

Tags
comedy, friendship, music, school life