AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2013-07-05, 05:46   Link #281
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yume Hanabi View Post
Sorry to bump this topic, I was just wondering... iirc, Formula said they'd finish subbing the Tales of Symphonia OVA's. However, their site seems not to exist anymore. Have they stopped completely?
Hey, someone finally asked about us. To answer your question, I don't think we will be able to continue, as should be obvious by now. We did want to finish the series, especially since we're the only group who would've stuck with it from start to finish, but the translator dropped off the face of the earth after promising the script "soon" a few times. He randomly emailed me a couple months ago and showed some interest until he noticed another group had done United World episodes II and III. I asked him to check their work to see if it was up to par with the intent that we would continue if it wasn't. He never got back to me, so I guess it was OK.

Regarding the DVD acquisition, I actually did personally buy every CE of the Tethe'alla episodes out of my own pocket and then gave them to a fan/supporter of the series when we were done. I have UW1 still and would gladly have purchased UW2/3 if we had actually produced a script. Thanks.
Old 2013-07-05, 17:52   Link #282
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Merines View Post
Hey, someone finally asked about us.
and it only took you a year to notice
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 07:21   Link #283
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
Yeah, weird. Almost like I felt no reason to come to Asuki for that long.

Honestly, though, I didn't notice the post in question was a year old.
Old 2013-07-06, 07:26   Link #284
False Dawn
Florsheim Monster
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
and even when they were active they were the kind of fansubbers that take a year an episode or so

Oh you

Unfortunately, the reason for lack of more Dragon Quest is that our great and benevolent leader is too busy saving lives and curing cancer to do something as fruitless as fansubbing, but as it was always a pet project of the encoder, I wouldn't rule out an appearance of the series sometime in the future in some form. Don't count on anything though, because as witnessed by the fact that the last two episodes of Sunred still haven't been released, two and a half years after the last release, I think it's safe to say that ANBU are back in the cryogenic freezer for the foreseeable future.
False Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 17:30   Link #285
juggen
Saizen Supreme
*Fansubber

Whoa, haven't been here for a good 3 years or so. I'd like to see that list of ancient fansub groups still being active. I can only think of Saizen and central-anime. ^^
Old 2013-08-10, 19:20   Link #286
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggen View Post
Whoa, haven't been here for a good 3 years or so. I'd like to see that list of ancient fansub groups still being active. I can only think of Saizen and central-anime. ^^
here: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=102039

I took the liberty of bumping it, too
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 08:58   Link #287
juggen
Saizen Supreme
*Fansubber

Cool, thanks. ^^