AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-04-19, 00:57   Link #8021
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for chapter 143:
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 01:52   Link #8022
Kunagisa

I already know Anshinin is broken as hell when she was introduced, but to have her skills put into an actual list just shows that she's probably the most ridiculous character in all of anime/manga/game history.

Quote:
866 :名無しさんの次レスにご期待下さい:2012/04/19(木) 08:42:29.77 ID:2zgJtpmF0
ボス系スキルでやばいの抜粋

誰より強い、夢落ちにする、因果混乱、敵を味方にする、時を操る、次元を超える、他者を吸収する、対象をレベル1に戻す、
永久世界、生殺与奪、ブラックホールを操る、生まれ変わる、パラメーター操作、歴史を変える、 弱点付与、
リテイクを出す、見たら死ぬ、身体を乗っ取る、スキル強奪、不死、より強い者に勝つ、宇宙を作る、人間を改竄する、
死んでも戦い続ける、例外を設ける、空間歪曲、地の文に干渉する、森羅万象、物質具現化、最初からやり直す、心を操 る、

こりゃ勝てんわw
Just the highlighted ones: stronger than anyone, can absorb others, return others to level 1, instant kill upon eye contact, can take others' skills, can't die, will always win if the opponent's stronger (?), can continue fighting if dead (among other stuff like controlling black holes, reversing cause and effect, creating universe etc ....).

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

EDIT: Supposedly no rebirth skill (though skills that might as well give the same effects exist).
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 02:00   Link #8023
orangejuicetang

Isn't that typical Niosion (however you spell it) though?

Ridiculously overpowered characters?

*Is reminded of a certain red-haired contractor from Zaregoto

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 02:08   Link #8024
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Isn't that typical Niosion (however you spell it) though?

Ridiculously overpowered characters?

*Is reminded of a certain red-haired contractor from Zaregoto
I wouldn't say they're typical (for starters neither Risuka, Monogatari, nor Katanagatari ever got this ridiculous). I really don't like dwelling on power level discussions, but I've previously commented that Zaregoto cast can tear Medaka's cast apart very easily if they were battling each other EVEN after Anshinin appeared, but I just so highly underestimated Anshinin's brokenness (welllll I can still bank on a certain character from Zaregoto to beat Ashinin, but cross series spoilers are not really encouraged here ... not to mention that I have 0 substantial fact to back up my claim ...).

Still for now, I would have to say Anshinin's still way too abnormal AND broken.
Old 2012-04-19, 02:14   Link #8025
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

So, wait, Zaregoto is actually a supernatural series? I've heard some stuff about "Four Worlds" or something, but I thought it was some kind of metaphor.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 02:20   Link #8026
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
So, wait, Zaregoto is actually a supernatural series? I've heard some stuff about "Four Worlds" or something, but I thought it was some kind of metaphor.
No, eeehhhhhhh, not really, but the characters can kill supernaturals ... probably, I don't know how to explain it. I would say they're the strongest humans if that make sense. If you really want to argue, you can definitely make a case that Medaka cast is stronger (which would make for a fun discussion actually). The Four Worlds thing is true though, and the crazy people are obviously the ones in the "Violence World" (but they're all crazy to some degree too ).
Old 2012-04-19, 02:24   Link #8027
orangejuicetang

I personally think it might be less about 'ridiculously overpowered' and more about some sort of 'genius fetish' that Niosion seems to have, if you look at his works (Zaregoto is all about genius's, that one faust one shot is about some genius weapon designer who looks suspiciously similar to Tachiarai from Medaka box imo, Katanagatari had mr completed blade and miss strategist, even Monogatari has Tsubasa, let alone Medaka box which had the entire flask arc).

But I digress, this is more becoming a post about Niosion rather than Medaka Box.

Anyhow, it's been on my mind, but has anyone else been somewhat wondering about the logic of choosing a person who despite being quite powerful, is famous for always losing? (Kumagawa)

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 03:07   Link #8028
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post
Spoiler for chapter 143:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 03:45   Link #8029
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
Spoiler for 143:
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 03:59   Link #8030
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Spoiler for 143:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2012-04-19, 03:59   Link #8031
kingstonbeer

Not suprising that naze and emukae is on his council to be honest they are 2 of his biggest supporters in his efforts.
kingstonbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 04:07   Link #8032
DawnEmperor

Is there a possibility that Zenkichi expanded the number of student council positions? Yes, officially there are four other members, but he could still have allies and other members.
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 04:07   Link #8033
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingstonbeer View Post
Not suprising that naze and emukae is on his council to be honest they are 2 of his biggest supporters in his efforts.
True though I wonder why Kijira joined aside from the fact Zenkichi most probably really wanted her. I mean during the Aijimu arc she did it because she wanted Medaka to be happy and also partly because she thought Medaka was a Mary Sue.

Now she's seemingly permantly removing her bandages (something she's only really done once) and is part of his council for seemingly some other reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnEmperor View Post
Is there a possibility that Zenkichi expanded the number of student council positions? Yes, officially there are four other members, but he could still have allies and other members.
Actually he pretty much has. His entire manifesto was that everyone should sort out their own problems, so basically his aim is for the school to be autonomus which would require help form outside the student council or rather the entire school.
Old 2012-04-19, 04:34   Link #8034
kingstonbeer

Bandages issue could be to seem more open to regular students similar in the way that they all wearing proper school uniforms now.
kingstonbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 04:38   Link #8035
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingstonbeer View Post
Bandages issue could be to seem more open to regular students similar in the way that they all wearing proper school uniforms now.
True could be, still seems a bit weird that for the entirity of her school life she didn't bother, you'd think the bandages would her most identifiable feature.
Old 2012-04-19, 06:01   Link #8036
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Here we go.

Spoiler for 143:

I feel so sorry for the scanlators this week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
I already know Anshinin is broken as hell when she was introduced, but to have her skills put into an actual list just shows that she's probably the most ridiculous character in all of anime/manga/game history.

Just the highlighted ones: stronger than anyone, can absorb others, return others to level 1, instant kill upon eye contact, can take others' skills, can't die, will always win if the opponent's stronger (?), can continue fighting if dead (among other stuff like controlling black holes, reversing cause and effect, creating universe etc ....).

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

EDIT: Supposedly no rebirth skill (though skills that might as well give the same effects exist).
Loooooooooooooooooool Ooooh Ajimu, I love you so much
Old 2012-04-19, 06:25   Link #8037
ShiroiRyu

HEY !
One of the girls look like Remilia Scarlet !
Who are them ?
Old 2012-04-19, 06:58   Link #8038
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Spoiler for chapter 143:
I'd just like to point this out.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2012-04-19, 07:56   Link #8039
17Sevens

Just because the minuses did lose against the council, doesn't mean they have to lose always. They just don't care if they do lose.
17Sevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 07:57   Link #8040
FFXFan13
Swag Level: Glasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17Sevens View Post
Just because the minuses did lose against the council, doesn't mean they have to lose always. They just don't care if they do lose.
Which makes it even harder to win.
FFXFan13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council