AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Durarara!!

Notices

View Poll Results: Durarara!! - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 21 31.34%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 26.87%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 29.85%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 5.97%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.48%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.49%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-13, 11:48   Link #1
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Durarara!! - Episode 18 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Durarara!!, Episode 18.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2010-05-13, 12:02   Link #2
LKK

I'm really looking forward to the start of the new arc. The Saika arc was good but didn't interest me as much the Dollars arc did. (To me, the most fun part of the Saika arc was the introduction of Shingen who's a real hoot.) I hope this next one is on par with the first arc.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2010-05-13, 13:17   Link #3
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This episode should please more people than the last one.

Spoiler for 18:
Old 2010-05-13, 13:50   Link #4
dollars_

Send a message via MSN to dollars_
Spoiler for episode 18:
Old 2010-05-13, 14:23   Link #5
tsunade666

episode 18

pretty good episode

who's the joker?
izaya = bad influence and total insane
saki = absurd confidence and been tainted by izaya

and lastly don't mess up with an otaku

EDIT:

I forgot about baccano I love that part.

Last edited by tsunade666; 2010-05-13 at 14:38.
Old 2010-05-13, 16:33   Link #6
Kunagisa

I hope there are more Izaya-hate after this Episode.
Old 2010-05-13, 17:55   Link #7
Anchor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Oh, count me in. He's a character that supposed to be hated though, I guess.

Last edited by Anchor; 2010-05-13 at 18:16.
Old 2010-05-13, 19:50   Link #8
konart

Quote:
Can't hate this guy. He's just beyond awesome.
Old 2010-05-13, 20:04   Link #9
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Ehh~ I was wondering about Walker's opened eyes last week, but it turned out not to be much after all... Wonder what point there was in his eyes opening... (-_-)

Saki... Well, at this point, she actually seems tame. Since there are very few normal characters. A little bit of creepiness and cult-like worshiping is child's play as of now. Fuhahaha... heh...

Dotachin was really cool this episode!........... is what I'd like to say, but after watching so many anime, I can hardly say his "cool lines" were anything new. Take them off of the template book, will ya'.
Isaya's copying of Musuka's "Miro! Hito ga gomi no you da!" was very sudden = hilarious though.

Quote:
I frankly don't care about that idiot, for some mysterious and unknown reason. Don't like him, don't even feel irritated at him with his "very very evil" actions. In other words, indifferent.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2010-05-14, 00:52   Link #10
dollars_

Send a message via MSN to dollars_
Quote:
Count me in, too. I mean, brainwash a girl and put her in that kind of situation? That crossed the line for me, even more than when he manipulated a person to commit suicide. How far is he willing to go in order to achieve his plan and fulfill his own amusement anyway.
Old 2010-05-14, 03:41   Link #11
velderia
Former NEET.

So excited. <3
Old 2010-05-14, 03:51   Link #12
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Spoiler for Ep 18:

Quote:
Heh, I probably would never hate him by all means My standard of bastard to hate is pretty twisted. Sue the fact that I have seen much more bastards seriously 8D Izaya's bastardishness was only 5% of those that I totally hate. Not helping that he is so cracky and tormentable lmao

And I'm not arguing but personally I found Saki's belief in Izaya to the point of near-deitification because he is always right is a bit creepy in itself. I'm not even sure if he brainwashed her or that she decides that by herself and/or it's her personality, actually. I mean, I like Saki's character but I feel like she has a screw loose on her head... ;_;

Old 2010-05-14, 03:59   Link #13
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Why was Anri following Kida?
Old 2010-05-14, 06:36   Link #14
Francismeunier
Banned

Angry

The episode was good mainly due to Saki x Kida's past. Izayaaaaa is now in my books a shit ass who stinks up the series. My rage blew up over x 1 billion at this=>
Spoiler:
Saki........... those legs! How dare he inform those people. I know he most likely did it! On another note I assume the series playing again was Baccano? Here but what was above it in the picture?=>
Spoiler:
One last thing........O_O Walker's eyes!

Now if you will excuse I will get some Izaya rifle shots the way I do to vent off my rage. Once again Saki........... That's all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
I am sure it was about to inform him of last's episode of what she knows who was all behind the war between Blue scarfs and Yellow scarfs.
Old 2010-05-14, 07:09   Link #15
Kagura89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
The episode was good mainly due to Saki x Kida's past. Izayaaaaa is now in my books a shit ass who stinks up the series. My rage blew up over x 1 billion at this=>
Spoiler:
Saki........... those legs! How dare he inform those people. I know he most likely did it! On another note I assume the series playing again was Baccano? Here but what was above it in the picture?=>
Spoiler:
One last thing........O_O Walker's eyes!
Spoiler:

Now if you will excuse I will get some Izaya rifle shots the way I do to vent off my rage. Once again Saki........... That's all.
I am sure it was about to inform him of last's episode of what she knows who was all behind the war between Blue scarfs and Yellow scarfs.
I sympathized to Kida when Saki got hospitalized & Izaya is such a bastard with all his evil scheme just to put Kida in though situation Although i can't hate this guy as much as you do because as Konart says,he too awesome to be hated This guy is example of you love or hate type.

Damn Walker is such a badass...never underestimate a passionate otaku

The thing above that screen is Chane poster from Baccano!

About Anri,it either she want to inform Kida or she secretly follow him after Kida suddenly leaving Mikado & Anri during outing.
Old 2010-05-14, 07:52   Link #16
BigFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagura89 View Post
I sympathized to Kida when Saki got hospitalized & Izaya is such a bastard with all his evil scheme just to put Kida in though situation Although i can't hate this guy as much as you do because as Konart says,he too awesome to be hated This guy is example of you love or hate type.

Damn Walker is such a badass...never underestimate a passionate otaku

The thing above that screen is Chane poster from Baccano!

About Anri,it either she want to inform Kida or she secretly follow him after Kida suddenly leaving Mikado & Anri during outing.
Now they show you what Togusa means when he tell Walker and Erika in episode 6 NOT to use gasoline in the van. He does want to protect his property.
Old 2010-05-14, 08:31   Link #17
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Saki... Well, at this point, she actually seems tame. Since there are very few normal characters. A little bit of creepiness and cult-like worshiping is child's play as of now. Fuhahaha... heh...
That's so true. She seems okay right now, though as I said, I still find her a little creepy. It looks like she could switch to yandere mode anytime. I still find it very amusing that in this series, the most normal character personality wise is Celty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Dotachin was really cool this episode!........... is what I'd like to say, but after watching so many anime, I can hardly say his "cool lines" were anything new. Take them off of the template book, will ya'.
Well, he's the head of an otaku gang after all, so it's not surprising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
I think she was just checking out on the Yellow scarves, as she knew they were up to no good. No reason for her to follow Kida, unless she's starting to be influenced by all the stalkers around her recently.
Old 2010-05-14, 13:26   Link #18
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Walker's hero scene stole the episode for me, along with Kadota's very mainly epic speech.

Either way this is a great start to the arc i've very much so been waiting for. Really liking Saki from what we've seen from her, and looking forward to seeing how she'll influence this arc. Also looking forward to finding out about her past if Izaya. Id we do that is.
Old 2010-05-14, 14:53   Link #19
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

You know, as much they tried to place importance on Izaya's speech about God and that stuff, I think that it failed in comparison to the one where he was burning the chess board. And it wasn't because it was a funny scene (it was) but rather because after he assigned Shizuo as the King and Celty (where are you T_T?) as the Queen, when he got to the part ''and the Joker is...'' and stopped and just threw away the cards, I seriously thought that he was about to say ''...is me.'' Which I suppose is how Izaya views himself in this war. He might be the one who is pulling the strings from the background, but he still considers himself as a fool.

The Otaku gang was really cool this episode, and I liked how Dotachin speech mirrored Izaya's.

Also, kudos to Saki VA. I was glued to the screen during the phone call scene, and I heard her scream in pain, it really sent shiver down my spine.

proply need a rewatch later. but for now, 8/10
Old 2010-05-14, 15:16   Link #20
Project_MkUltra

Probably one of the best episodes so far. Kida is probably the most interesting character in the series.

But wait, did Aoba appear in this episode? They did mention Izumii after all. Don't know if that's his brother or something though.
Closed Thread