AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Myself; Yourself

Notices

View Poll Results: Myself; Yourself - Episode 13 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 43 18.61%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 16.45%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 39 16.88%
7 out of 10 : Good 52 22.51%
6 out of 10 : Average 23 9.96%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 3.03%
4 out of 10 : Poor 11 4.76%
3 out of 10 : Bad 6 2.60%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 1.30%
1 out of 10 : Painful 9 3.90%
Voters: 231. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-11, 03:40   Link #301
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
In the end every single male adult in the show absolutely sucked, except for Nanaka's uncle.

One can only hope Sana does not follow in their footsteps; it may already be too late for Shuu.
I don't understand what you have against Shuu, I mean he was quite a good male, sticking with his sister.
Old 2008-01-12, 05:01   Link #302
Kinali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
But the one who is in the wrong here is Nanaka's father. Even if he was betrayed, such a thing doesn't call for "a beating" or even murder. Deep down he is a psycho and thankfully Nanaka didn't get his genes ^^

lol, thats a bad way to put because then she'll just be a person who'll betray Sana (real dad and mom both betrayed). If you think that he's a psycho for being betrayed like that just imagine what Nanaka would do if the happened to her. I mean she was already mad and real jealous when Sana was it other girls and they werent even together so maybe her real genes are even worse. Oh yea i dont think it was his genes more like that situation was too crazy for him to handle. If it was his genes then the uncle wouldnt accept Nanaka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishe View Post
One thing I don't really get is Nanaka's reaction to the news: "Oh my god, my father is really my music teacher that died instead of the man I thought was my father. I better go upstairs and take a nap while the father that raised me continues to pummell my mom." I mean, doesn't call the police, doesn't tell her father to stop, doesn't even scream, just backs away and goes to take a nap. Sorry mom, I'm shocked at the news, and a little tired - I'm sure dad will stop using you as a punching bag after a few more rounds.
yea that was kind of weird but i guess finding out the person you love as your father being a lie can cause a lot of damage. Shows how much she cared for her dad that she didnt want to believe it (usually most girls are daddy's girls). She saw him as her real dad and not the sensei too bad the dad didnt see it that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
I can't really fault a parent who is willing to lie to protect the life of their child. Nanaka's dad's actions show to me that she was right in predicting that he would want to abort.
I wouldnt say that she was right. Those actions can be done by anyone in that type of situation. I mean when i heard her say that i was like "what a fcking bitch". I would have just left her though. People say the real father was a good guy because he seemed nice but hey he betrayed his best friend. The non biological father also seemed nice until that part when he snapped. She should have just told him about the baby. If he wanted an abortion they could just get a divorce but i guess she wanted the child because it was hers and the sensei's child and she wanted him also. Kind of selfish in my opinion.

Either way it was a tragic situation but that happens a lot and not in situations that bad but more like in situations that are not as bad like when a boyfriend cheats on his girlfriend.

Last edited by Kinali; 2008-01-12 at 05:41.
Old 2008-01-12, 09:44   Link #303
SemperMalum

You know, the ending was actually really well done, albeit that last scene after 10 years was... meh. I'd give the series an overall 7.5, with this episode a 9.

Shoulda been a 10. Why wasn't it? My reasoning: Nanaka accepted his proposal, right? She didn't even seem overly exuberant. I mean... I understand keeping your composure, but... I dunno. Maybe I'm still stuck in the mindset that women who get proposed to and accept it aren't like "Dobedo".
Old 2008-01-12, 19:56   Link #304
pcube19622
ho hee~
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to pcube19622
i think this ep rushed a bit, if this serise has one more episodes, it would be a lot better (someone: you just want to see more!! ; me: ops...). But still not bad...tho i think if it ends not with the ending song but with nanaka playing the song she wrote, it would leave us a stronger impression.
Old 2008-01-18, 04:35   Link #305
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

episiode ten train scene is the most emotional for me...
Old 2008-01-18, 07:34   Link #306
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Yes i found the shuu and shuri scenes to be more emotional then the Sana Nanaka thing... Really the train scene was good. The emo thing with sana and Nanaka was poorly executed...

I've said it several times, but i'll say it again! I want to actually see Sana propose to Nanaka!! Not just see Nanaka ringless one second then has a ring on the next!!
Old 2008-01-21, 01:14   Link #307
Atheuz

What a cop-out ending, I didn't watch this romance anime to not see any romance except for embarrasing scenes.
Old 2008-01-23, 20:51   Link #308
AuditionEX
Protect the Loli

Tragic to Happy Ending...

nice concept.. better than School Deaths Days

Any details about the Incest Twins at the end?
Old 2008-03-04, 01:37   Link #309
SkyDragon
Addicted To Anime

I just finished watching this anime tonight and I thought it was ok. There was way too many open endings and things just wasn't flowing. What happened to that crazy women who sacrifice the cat and bird after she tried to stab that twin girl (forgot her name)? What happened to the twins? One moment they were gone and 10 years later they are back together with their pals? How does that work? I really didn't like that "10 years later" part, it was lame. -_- Anyways, it would be great if someone can answer some of those question. My overall rating for this show is 7.
Old 2008-04-04, 09:35   Link #310
deltakano
1つの愛

Slitting wrists is a fun favorite for emo's as shown in this anime.
Old 2008-04-13, 18:38   Link #311
yakusoku
(:

Send a message via MSN to yakusoku
skydragon: i really have to agree with you. too many unanswered questions. like: the girl twin- why is she the only one with a different uniform o__O;
i think this episode was a little rushed.. i mean cmon, they put in nanaka's violin teacher who died.. now it was nice to finally know who started the fire. the part where hidaka finds nanaka trying to kill herself.. i thought that was pretty random and unnecessary =___= and what was even more strange was when we find out that hidaka used to cut himself. it really doesn't make much sense since he's hardly shown himself depressed at anything during the 12 episodes leading to this.

the 10 years later thing kinda reminds me of the beginning of episode 1, because it had the same feeling. Choosing to end it like this.. wasn't actually that bad. It was actually a pretty cute ending.
Old 2008-06-10, 01:21   Link #312
Synria_
Aboard Kallen's Bandwagon

Happy ending phew... I watched a lot of sad ending animes already and I don't know how much more depression I can take.

Agree with the people who said the series left many openings. I'm curious if the two twins are really in "love" with each other or are they not? SanaxNanaka moments were not too overly dramatic and it was pretty smooth throughout the show. I wish they could have put more detail on what really happened to each character after ten years, like what jobs or where they live and such, and who they lived with throughout those ten years. I'm actually very curious to see how nanaka and sana lived during this time and shurixshuu... not to say that i'm ignoring the other people too.

With this in mind, the ending was kind of shallow, but obviously the show was meant to depict their post elementary life anyway, so I dont know. NanakaxSana being engaged was a nice to thing to see anyway, as well as shuuxshuri finding peace as it seems. Aoi is cute as ever (can't believe they didn't go in depth with her, good side character nontheless) and as far as Hinoshi goes, I want to know what happened to her after her injury and the private talk she had with shuri in the hospital.

Overall a pleasant anime. I give it 8.5/10.
Old 2008-07-03, 20:11   Link #313
LustfulEnvy
Casanova Extraordinaire
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to LustfulEnvy Send a message via MSN to LustfulEnvy
Im not too happy with the ending since they left a lot of things unknown and kind of forced the ending. They kind of pushed nanakas past behind and came to some sort of understanding? Not the best way to solve that. The time skip didnt really help it just made things more confusing.
Old 2008-07-21, 09:33   Link #314
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Good news for those of us who felt ripped off by the ending and mislead by the series' OP - it seems there's a DVD special that includes a full version of tears infection music vid. Check out the usual to see it.
Old 2008-07-30, 02:52   Link #315
sekidousai
Ra-ou
*Graphic Designer

Nice series... overall story is nice. kinda get tired of getting burned by bad endings recently... yeah there are some loose ends here and but still i like the good ending. And about the father getting psycho, its very understandable. Love and Hate are two sides of the same coin they say, although he went too far, he has his reasons. In some states or country there is a law that in the event you killed someone because of adultery, you don't get life sentence ^^;.
Old 2008-07-30, 05:02   Link #316
Tran225

i thought the anime was pretty good, animenfo really rate it too low. The last episode was kinda good but when they all turned adult they all look kind of weird.
Old 2008-08-06, 21:48   Link #317
NettoSaito
Black Knight

Send a message via MSN to NettoSaito
how did i not ever notice this forum here!? lol oh well, even though this ended some time ago... that isn't going to stop me from posting this XD

really the ending didn't shock me at all. i figured who burned the house down, and i knew what was behind that watch, and of coarse it isn't a shock that Sana purposed to Nanaka.

Anyway... I liked this anime. It isn't normally the kind of anime I'd watch but I really thought this one was good. I just kind of wish that it would have been longer. Either way it was a great anime!
Old 2009-04-26, 19:51   Link #318
qwertyuiopz

to do a 10 yr time skip on the last minute of the last episode made furious :@
Closed Thread