AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-07, 23:08   Link #161
siber222000
미, 미, 미 미쿠루빔~!!!

just wondering, people say this anime isn't good as manga cause of too much *fanservice* but is it really "that" bad? o_O? maybe rito touching lala's breast and stuff didn't happen in manga can be considered as unnecessary fanservice, but is it so bad that it make this anime horrible compared to manga? *i mean of course manga should be better, but this anime isn't THAT horrible*

P.S: my opinion of this anime is amazing, so don't mistake me of one of people who think this anime is horrible lol

Last edited by siber222000; 2008-04-07 at 23:19.
siber222000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 23:18   Link #162
ForgedGlory
Fortitude

I don't see how anyone can consider it "horrible", I found it rather entertaining. It was great quality with comedy, "action", and fanservice to boot. If fan service turns you off, then don't watch it, go watch something that is more "tame"
ForgedGlory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 23:20   Link #163
yupyupyup

so far, a decent start. Some extra fanservice compared to manga counterpart.
The good:
- Extra scene of Lala escaping (poor Star Wars immitation tho)
- Seiyuu are generally fit for their roles
- Characters seem to be close to theirs in manga (at first glance)
The bad:
- A little more than fanservices than needed but not over the top yet (if you look closely at the scene when Lala appears in the bathtub and Yuuki grasps her breast, you'll see a little perkiness behind the smoke, LOL)
- A little rush in introducing Zastin. I'm looking forward to see him run over by a train.

All and all, I think TLR has some familiar to School Rumble: random, comedy, school life... So I expect some good time from TLR. I hope it won't get f*cked over and die young like R+V.
yupyupyup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 23:24   Link #164
ForgedGlory
Fortitude

It is a sad shame that they really screwed up on R+V, the manga is pure awesomeness and Tsukune was pure GAR. Hopefully season 2 will get things back on track.

Anyway, I don't read the manga for this show, and I'm not planning on i either, so I'll be purely anime on this show.
Old 2008-04-07, 23:35   Link #165
yupyupyup

No FG, you MUST read the manga! It's awesome!
yupyupyup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 23:35   Link #166
nines
I much prefer the 2d

i didnt say it was bad, heh the anime has only 1 episode out so no one can fully judge just yet lol i didn't think their was any problem with the Opening or the End. I really do see this becoming a good anime if they stick with the manga and dont go on the filler track...which pretty much almost every anime does that ive seen so far. I mean no anime completely stays on the manga track some times they throw in random things that are good and sometimes they just suck. Plus the boob grabbing thing is still echi
Old 2008-04-07, 23:43   Link #167
ForgedGlory
Fortitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by yupyupyup View Post
No FG, you MUST read the manga! It's awesome!
haha, I'll think about it
Old 2008-04-07, 23:45   Link #168
Access

After watching a few episodes, this show reminds me of UY, basically the same basic plot, the same character archtypes, the same theme and some of the same jokes. Just a different time. My favorite character is probably the MCs sister, hope we get to see more of her.
Access is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 00:26   Link #169
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Just watched the first episode. It was an okay episode. I don't know why but to me Rito seems like a very weak male lead (based on episode 1s, I'd take Kouta from Kanokon over Rito) and neither Lala or Haruna were anything special so far. But I've never read the manga, so maybe my opinion can be changed later. It's only been one episode and I'm definitely going to give To Love Ru a chance. I definitely think there's potential for the anime series to be good, but only if the series really improves from a forgettable episode 1.
Old 2008-04-08, 00:39   Link #170
ZODDGUTS

If the anime sticks close to the manga and has the same atmosphere it would no doubt improve because the manga really gets good when it comes to the comedy right now their just introducing the characters it could a couple of chapters to really keep my interesting and now I consider the manga to be on of the funniest series right now.

Rito character is more akeen to Kentaro's character in Love Hina someone that gets beaten up from time to time so his someone to laugh at. And yeah like some previous posters have said the series is mostly comedy don't expect too much of romance think School Rumble in this aspect.

Anyways for the people that weren't impress with the first episode I recommend sticking for a few more episodes because like the manga it shoud improved when most of the characters are finally introduced, well unless the anime screw things up hopefully they won't. Plus you'll so gonna love a certain character whose hair is a lethal weapon.

Edit: Also would recommend reading the manga it's good it really shoudn't ruin the anime as long it sticks close to the manga it should still be enjoyable to watch the anime version.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 00:54   Link #171
nines
I much prefer the 2d

I agree with Zodd lol you all should read the manga like i said i read all 95 chapters today awsome keeps a good flow going. But for me im getting a lot of ups and downs
Spoiler for manga:

but yea definantly read the manga :P
Old 2008-04-08, 01:09   Link #172
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
Spoiler for manga:
Objection! Objection!

Rito's faithfulness is one of the more refreshing things about this manga:
Spoiler:

I'm going to watch this anime just to pass the time only. Honestly though, To-LOVE-Ru didn't start out that strong in the manga side either. It just went along comfortably on, never offends, lots of ecchi, and a few laughs here and there. Not a bad manga by all means -- and probably won't be too bad of an anime -- but not something you'd be obsessed over.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 01:18   Link #173
ZODDGUTS

You guys are gonna be disssapointed if you think Rito is gonna choose Haruna like some previous posters have said it's obvious this series was inspired by Urusei Yatsura the main character for that series didn't care for Lum but slowly he ended up falling in love with her. The same thing will happen in the series, yeah Rito clearly loves Haruna right now but he's slowly starting to have feelings for Lala, I'll still take awhile for him to be in love with her but I'll happen.
Old 2008-04-08, 01:27   Link #174
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
You guys are gonna be disssapointed if you think Rito is gonna choose Haruna
Then let's just see what happens. According to you, it's highly likely for Rito to not choose Haruna, so if it happens, then it's just that much better.
Don't count your chickens before they hatch, since just 'cause it was inspired by something (which I don't see at all), doesn't mean the future is certain, hai.

Go Haruna!

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 01:44   Link #175
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Then let's just see what happens. According to you, it's highly likely for Rito to not choose Haruna, so if it happens, then it's just that much better.
Don't count your chickens before they hatch, since just 'cause it was inspired by something (which I don't see at all), doesn't mean the future is certain, hai.

Go Haruna!
Guess you haven't seen UY if you think this series wasn't inspired by that series. Haruna with Rito is not gonna happen the series will slowly built on Lala's and Rito's relationship, I'm willing to make a Perma ban bet on it that Rito ends up with Lala do mods even allow that in this forum? lol

Guess were getting ahead of our selfs since this is the thread for the anime best to keep this in the manga section.
Old 2008-04-08, 01:50   Link #176
ForgedGlory
Fortitude

Now that UY is mentioned, it really does have a ton of similarities to that series. I'll be routing for Lala though. Haruna don't really interest me, she's too... I dunno cliche? Lala, is really out going, and spunky, Its rather refreshing. And she doesn't beat the crap out of the guy for seeing her naked instead she's far from shy, its probably cause she's so pure she don't understand what goes through a guys head from seeing a naked body of a hot chick, lol
Old 2008-04-08, 02:17   Link #177
gonzo562

meh the manga has about the same fanservice then the manga. I wonder how they are gonna do the fanservice parts in the anime. Cuz the manga takes some of the fanservice to the extreme
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 03:01   Link #178
Dhaos

Well, the main problem with this anime, when you have read the manga first, is that the comedy part of the story is not hilarous anymore. Remove this part and there is only fanservice which other series are doing better imo.

Quote:
Guess you haven't seen UY if you think this series wasn't inspired by that series. Haruna with Rito is not gonna happen the series will slowly built on Lala's and Rito's relationship, I'm willing to make a Perma ban bet on it that Rito ends up with Lala do mods even allow that in this forum? lol

Guess were getting ahead of our selfs since this is the thread for the anime best to keep this in the manga section.
I definitly agree with you here. If the serie wasn't created with this expected end, they wouldn't have shown lala this early in the manga. In this specific genre of manga/anime the male character always end with the lead women character. I can see few exeption (like ichigo 100%) but it was some kind of fan pressure.
Dhaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 05:02   Link #179
Access

As I see it the only major difference from UY would be the main character's perversion. This main is more 'normal' or 'decent', embarassed by it. Morobishi Ataru is more 'just plain proud' and the out of control type. When Ataru saw a naked girl he couldn't stop, much less contain himself. This guy at least tries to show some respect, look away and tells her to put something on. Maybe b'cos he grew up with a little sister, while Ataru was an only child.

In any other way, no matter how you look at it:
The title is a pun or some kind of play on words.
The story centers around an attractive alien girl with large breasts, whose personality is extremely similar.
Slapstick, nonsensical, episodic comedy.
Love Triangle (though a bit more subtle than UY).
Spoiler:

etc.
Access is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 06:44   Link #180
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Got around to the first episode last night. Well looks like we have another ecchi, alien girl turns my life upside down, through a series of misunderstandings i marry her, but i really like someone else. Nothing really special in my opinion a couple of funny moments. I dont expect much so I will keep my expectations low. I dont know what it was about the animation but it bothered me to know end. Kind of dig the ending song though.

Rito seems like a genuine nice guy so heres hope he can keep it together. Haruna looks like a sweet girl and i have the sneaky suspicion she likes Rito but what will she do now that a rival has appeared out of nowhere? The look on her face screamed WTF after that weird marriage declaration. I just hope the comedy keeps this series alive and they dont go too overboard with the fanservice. I mean thats all the OP was a shit load of fanservice.

Last edited by Sinestra; 2008-04-08 at 07:50.
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, harem, romance, school life, shounen, xebec