Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2016-04-04, 21:21   Link #141
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
This is just speculation but...I think it's a "save point" type. So when Subaru dies, he goes back to the moment he was talking to the appa salesman because:
a) He was the first person he had a conversation with,
b) it just happened to be within the "timeslot" of the reversal, like say...6 hours? (not sure how much time passed since he got to that world and the moment he died)
Or c) it's a moment before a "branching point" where events can develop in a different matter.

Has we have seen near the end of the episode, Satella happened to walk by the appa salesman's shop. If Subaru hadn't passed out (not sure how long he was out, but probably for a couple of minutes ), he would've missed her again.

I'd go with c) as the most likely situation...and it's also the one that won't cause as much frustration for Subaru
Yeah, I think the save point theory works pretty well. With only the one episode (no matter how long) we have to make some assumptions to speculate.

C does seem like the one that would be tricky to judge. Defining a branching point can be tough. Though I think it makes some sense.

The timeslot might not be bad, though I suppose it might not give him much time to change the things he wants to change. Not that he really has that now. At best it's in the morning and he dies that night, at worse it's early afternoon. All the walking they did the first time around had to have taken a few hours at the very least.

Either way it's a tough situation. All the more so if Subaru doesn't fully understand what's happened to him. That has its own troubles in being overwhelmed in shock by this ability, but he does need to understand it to come up with a better plan.

Can't envy him at all though. A rewind sounds fine, but the fact that he actually has to go with the agony and terror of dying first is horrible. Plus there will always be a lingering doubt. What if this time he doesn't rewind and just dies? If he doesn't control this power there's no telling when it won't work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
I'm curious why Elsa instantly turned hostile the moment Subaru said he's going to return it. She appeared pretty docile until then.
Hard to say, but we have to take into consideration that the first time she killed Rom regardless. The deal should have gone off without a hitch so why the slaughter? Seems possible this is as much an anti-demihuman thing. They didn't want Satella to have that isgnia because she's a half-elf (though probably more than just that) and killed Rom because he's a giant. I agree with the rest that she snapped at that point because a major point was making sure Satella didn't have the insignia. I think the reason she behaved to that point was because Subaru is human. She might have been willing to let him go before realizing the truth, and then would have just killed everyone later.
Old 2016-04-05, 04:07   Link #142
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Hard to say, but we have to take into consideration that the first time she killed Rom regardless. The deal should have gone off without a hitch so why the slaughter? Seems possible this is as much an anti-demihuman thing. They didn't want Satella to have that isgnia because she's a half-elf (though probably more than just that) and killed Rom because he's a giant. I agree with the rest that she snapped at that point because a major point was making sure Satella didn't have the insignia. I think the reason she behaved to that point was because Subaru is human. She might have been willing to let him go before realizing the truth, and then would have just killed everyone later.
Elza either killed Rom (and probably Felt too ) to eliminate any witness. When Subaru entered and saw Rom dead, he became a witness, so he was killed.

But you might be on to something. Elza sure is hinted that the point is the keep the insignia away from Satella, possibly to prevent her from identifying herself. Situations like these are usually cases of illegitimate child of a king or powerful noble.
So whoever hired Elza to deal with the insignia is someone who would end up in a bad position if Satella were to keep it...lol, I'm going Detective Mode here

Anyway, we should get more information in the next episode...I hope
Old 2016-04-05, 07:48   Link #143
Elestia

Quote:
Elza either killed Rom (and probably Felt too ) to eliminate any witness. When Subaru entered and saw Rom dead, he became a witness, so he was killed.

But you might be on to something. Elza sure is hinted that the point is the keep the insignia away from Satella, possibly to prevent her from identifying herself. Situations like these are usually cases of illegitimate child of a king or powerful noble.
So whoever hired Elza to deal with the insignia is someone who would end up in a bad position if Satella were to keep it...lol, I'm going Detective Mode here

Well we didn't actually see Felt's body in the first iteration, only Rom's body was discovered by Subaru who immediately was killed by Elza. It might be more likely that Felt was still alive at that point, and Elza was actually waiting for her to appear and take the crest stolen from Satella. It would make sense why Elza would still be lingering around the building even though she had already killed Rom for some unknown reason.
Old 2016-04-05, 09:49   Link #144
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
Well we didn't actually see Felt's body in the first iteration, only Rom's body was discovered by Subaru who immediately was killed by Elza. It might be more likely that Felt was still alive at that point, and Elza was actually waiting for her to appear and take the crest stolen from Satella. It would make sense why Elza would still be lingering around the building even though she had already killed Rom for some unknown reason.
It's possible...Yet I'm afraid we may never get to know the real reason why Rom was already dead in the first run
Old 2016-04-05, 10:05   Link #145
tsunade666

We might get a clue in the next episode. if we can understand more of Elsa, we might be able to know th reason on why she killed the giant, even though there aren't complications so far.

Hmm another guess is that Felt or the giant decided to increase the price? they might have known or got a clue on what so valuable about the item.
Old 2016-04-05, 12:04   Link #146
Iron Maw
Banned

BD/DVD related information and other extras

I think this should confirm this isn't a split cour show.
Old 2016-04-05, 12:30   Link #147
zero7090

hmm for a normal MC, i would say that he is pretty dense about his power. Seeing the old man still alive should have at least trigger something about his power.
Old 2016-04-05, 12:41   Link #148
Iron Maw
Banned

It's pretty obvious it's at the back of his mind that something odd is happening (it's shown through his various reactions and odd line of question like when he asks Rom if he's died before or not) but with how he was brought back the whole thing comes off like a hallucination or dream more than anything. It's all sudden it's not something makes any sense for perspective of the one going through it.
Old 2016-04-05, 12:56   Link #149
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7090 View Post
hmm for a normal MC, i would say that he is pretty dense about his power. Seeing the old man still alive should have at least trigger something about his power.
His not dense on his situation. His more on confuse or denial on what happen. Its also pretty traumatic to see the death body of the old ma and his self with satella getting killed he might unconsciously trying to suppress it to maintain his sanity.
Old 2016-04-05, 13:08   Link #150
Chosen_Hero

I found this to be pretty meh and generic with the twist of deja vu's and death which in my opinion do nothing to change my mind, i'll keep watching but this won't be my priority anytime soon.
Old 2016-04-05, 16:35   Link #151
bakato

Quote:

She strikes me as something of a psycopath. Consider the iteration where Subaru arrived after they were killed, unless Felt tried to haggle and she got annoyed, she killed them anyways. Now Subaru comes along trying to bid for it and she just decides not to even bother and kill them all.
Old 2016-04-05, 18:42   Link #152
casanova0202

I really am curious on why is that when subaru died he resuscitated in that specific store.
Old 2016-04-05, 19:29   Link #153
DemonneoPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by casanova0202 View Post
I really am curious on why is that when subaru died he resuscitated in that specific store.
Yeah.. i wonder if the Appa dude is just a cover up and the guy is actually someone important in that world or had something to do with Subaru respawning there. It's probably just a random respawn zone tho but it would be nice if there is some reason to why he ends up there.
Old 2016-04-05, 21:11   Link #154
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well got around to watching this and the MC seem to be stuck in groundhogs day
Old 2016-04-05, 21:36   Link #155
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Just saw the first (two?) episode(s). Any Groundhog Day-inspired stories are worth checking out in my book. All You Need is Kill/Edge of Tomorrow is great and Erased is decent. So, I have high expectation for this love-child of Konosuba & Edge of Tomorrow arc. I hope it will be this good (or even better) from now onward.

And I think the interaction between Sate & Subaru is not as bad as some people said. It’s an enjoyable banter between an altruistic girl and a decent & reasonable boy who’s smitten by her. Plus, the spirit is actually lovable and not annoying at all (so far).

Def. gonna keep this one.
Old 2016-04-05, 23:09   Link #156
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
She strikes me as something of a psycopath. Consider the iteration where Subaru arrived after they were killed, unless Felt tried to haggle and she got annoyed, she killed them anyways. Now Subaru comes along trying to bid for it and she just decides not to even bother and kill them all.
We don't really have enough info to say what brought to things to head in the first cycle, the only real thing we can takeaway for that is this a doomed transaction with or without Subaru. However we do know what cause for why the transaction in the 2nd Cycle went south and that's because Elsa immediately identified Subaru as an enemy after his comment. Her line "So you were with them, huh?" and the fact that she is acting as a proxy for someone else suggest there is a factional conflict going on behind the scenes. We don't if she part of the said faction or just a hired hand however, either is equally likely.

One poster here did extrapolate hypothesized this conflict might be rooted in a racial dispute and with the fake Satella's surprise at Subaru's easy acceptance of her heritage there may be something to that.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2016-04-05 at 23:23.
Old 2016-04-05, 23:47   Link #157
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
If the next episode takes the conflict back to Elsa (which it should) then maybe we can figure out her motives out with additional information. Although it seems like the biggest hurdle is Subaru getting back on Satella's good side and probably realizing what kind of power he has.

Can't blame him for not wanting to see it. Of all the powers you could get upon appearing in this world....it's a rewind after death. I'm sure he'd appreciate a power that would let him avoid the dying part in the first place.

Good luck to Subaru though. Be hard to even face Elsa again after what happened last time. The tough thing is that he only has so many hours to get everyone onboard. Elsa's arrival time shouldn't vary regardless, but Felt might get to the store earlier if she doesn't have Satella chasing her down the whole time.

So if Felt gets to the store early, everyone sits down, and maybe Subaru can convince them of the threat....this could work out. Though he could also play it another way. Have Satella waiting nearby, wait for things to play out how they did last time and make sure they jump in early. The only thing would be convincing Felt that she can't sit by and leave it to Rom. Understandable that she has faith in him, but this is beyond what he can handle.
Old 2016-04-06, 03:21   Link #158
Cerilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
I think it is more like erasing trace. Satella might find trace to Elsa or her employer by asking Old Rom or Felt eventually, so might as well kill them. Satella won't even know where is the Insignia anymore.

One thing I am pretty sure of is, Elsa definitely don't want the Insignia to go back to Satella.
Old 2016-04-06, 07:07   Link #159
tsunade666

Killing eye witness and in this cas, the thief, is also a valid reason for Elsa to kill ROM and probably felt too.
Old 2016-04-06, 12:38   Link #160
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

After read the manga i decided to add this show into my spring list
Dark genre and Despair MC always mythings and above all this is harem genre, i will take every pleasure to see the MC and his harem suffer, heheh!
Closed Thread

Tags
drama, fantasy