AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-07-19, 21:10   Link #61
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Omg, was he really gonna punch her like that? dang

I'm surprised I'm not completely writing off our monotone and deadpan husk of an MC. I'm usually not a big fan of those types of characters, but he's got some good comebacks and quipz
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-19, 21:34   Link #62
Keila

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
3 items per month with no indication of food being included yet.
Keep in mind that (as far as we know) they don't need to pay for utilities or rent. Given that everything is more or less 'self-contained' (i.e. within the campus) it's not like the students would need to factor in transportation costs either (assuming everything is within walking distance).
Keila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-19, 21:45   Link #63
Nvis
Where are the good animes

MC seems OP.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-20, 00:21   Link #64
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Yeah, took me totally by surprise D0=, though in hindsight, should have been obvious. Probably my favorite moment.

I'm curious as to how the lowest 3 students actually managed to get decent grades, despite not receiving help from Horikita. Well, guess they have to have SOME kind of intelligence, if they ended up at such a prestigious school. Still the story was making it out as if they were going to screw it all up. Can't wait to see what elements led them to do decently in next ep =03.
My theory is that "nice" girl helped them after Horikita study session failed epically.
Old 2017-07-20, 01:49   Link #65
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
My theory is that "nice" girl helped them after Horikita study session failed epically.
imho more like the MC.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-20, 01:57   Link #66
Tenzen12

That would be pretty disappointing. It would suck if he stepped out that early in game from his role, whatever it is. Not to mention I doubt these three would willing go with him in first place.
Old 2017-07-20, 02:01   Link #67
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Wouldn't be too certain about it.
In the end, he wasn't the reason they quit.
Moreover he has a driving motive after saving the damsel in distress now. Even with his dead eyes one could gather from the situation that he was pissed.

----

On another note this is what Hachiman might have done in the same situation:

a) Beaten him up and threaten him to reveal that he has been beaten by an inferior Class D student.
b) intentionally geting beaten up and threaten to reveal that.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-20, 02:29   Link #68
Tenzen12

He wasn't reason why they came either though. He asked Kushida because he couldn't get them to come. Out of three she has personality to most likely initiate something in first place as well, whatever reason she has.
Old 2017-07-20, 04:37   Link #69
Keila

Quote:
Out of three she has personality to most likely initiate something in first place as well, whatever reason she has.
Does a pretty girl need a reason to have desperate people owe her one?
Old 2017-07-20, 08:04   Link #70
larethian

Is the MC 'dumb' or what? Sure, I get the pre-episode quote part. But if you had really wanted to stay low, you wouldn't have scored exactly 50 in every test. That's just a shout-out to the world. Now, I have to ignore this intentional or unintentional plot-holedevice which seems like a bid to make the MC mysterious and 'interesting'. Unless there's a twist that says he's really trying to stand out for a reason that I can buy. That will make this awesome.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-20, 08:19   Link #71
Tenzen12

It's not like lot of people would individually check every student and look for something suspicious. People on top obviously get attention same goes for those who are miserable, but there is simply no reason check average ones. Especially as there is no particularly any benefit pretend to be. Getting fifty in all is kinda lazy, but if he wasn't he would score high in first place.
Old 2017-07-20, 08:26   Link #72
Keila

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Is the MC 'dumb' or what? Sure, I get the pre-episode quote part. But if you had really wanted to stay low, you wouldn't have scored exactly 50 in every test. That's just a shout-out to the world. Now, I have to ignore this intentional or unintentional plot-holedevice which seems like a bid to make the MC mysterious and 'interesting'. Unless there's a twist that says he's really trying to stand out for a reason that I can buy. That will make this awesome.
Keep in mind that this series has a light novel and due to the conversion between mediums information may be re-arranged (shown in flash backs, presented in different ways), or cut entirely.

The answers you seek can probably be found in the source material.
Old 2017-07-20, 09:13   Link #73
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
He wasn't reason why they came either though. He asked Kushida because he couldn't get them to come. Out of three she has personality to most likely initiate something in first place as well, whatever reason she has.
Yeah, I would bet on Kushida also having done something. She said as much when the study session with Horikita went south, and as you mentioned she was the reason those three showed up at all. Now, it's possible that MC worked with her, but I get the feeling she's involved somehow. Also, I think that quote from the beginning of the episode isn't just talking about the MC.
Old 2017-07-20, 12:23   Link #74
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Probably not dumb. Seems like he just wants to rebel against authorities as that's the only reason to purposely score for shits and giggles. So more like a delinquent.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-20, 19:11   Link #75
Ghostfriendly

So it's apparently 'nice to see that the heroine can be a normal girl' when what we've seen is that she's an abuse victim. Who does that brother think he is? Every character apart from the nice girl overwhelmingly strikes me as an arrogant toe-rag, and I'd be a fool to keep watching a series I've found so irritating.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-20, 19:17   Link #76
Wandering Soul

I'm guessing the quote of this episode was supposed to be ironic. It takes great power and skill to conceal one's power and skill, but the MC just sucks at concealing his power and skill.
Old 2017-07-22, 19:30   Link #77
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
I'm guessing the quote of this episode was supposed to be ironic. It takes great power and skill to conceal one's power and skill, but the MC just sucks at concealing his power and skill.

I don't think he sucked. The only one who called him out was the head of the student council.

He raised his grades. My take on this is that if their goal is to dislodge classes A-C, then they have to get ready for A-C to retaliate. In this type of a scenario, being ranked in the top 10 is not in your best interest imo.
Old 2017-07-23, 04:00   Link #78
Eater of All
NOM

The class competition setting and MC's slight similarity to Akihisa keep reminding me of BakaTest.

I like this sense of foreboding/mystery the show is trying to invoke. Keeps me guessing what's going to happen next.
Old 2017-07-23, 17:03   Link #79
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
The class competition setting and MC's slight similarity to Akihisa keep reminding me of BakaTest.
I don't see how he's like Akihisa at all. Akihisa is an idiot through and through who just has good instincts. The MC is infinitely more like Yuuji. A brilliant student who purposes does poorly on tests for his own reasons.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-24, 02:50   Link #80
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I don't see how he's like Akihisa at all. Akihisa is an idiot through and through who just has good instincts. The MC is infinitely more like Yuuji. A brilliant student who purposes does poorly on tests for his own reasons.
I'm just talking about the hair style.

Tags
harem