AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-01, 09:53   Link #1
Tesshin
Tachio No Suzaku

Something for a quiet Sunday

The only day of the week where i have time to myself, so i thought i would watch some new anime. But yet again, i need help on what to watch, so i'll give some ideas on what i want to watch and etc. You can help by giving your Recommendations to the types of Anime i post in the following list, and i look foward to you're answers.
__________________________________________________ _______________
Action Anime: I'm looking for good fight scenes that are like Hokuto no ken and Souten no ken. I've also seen some other good one's such as Samurai Shamploo and Trigun.
So along those lines, anime that has the most awesome and beautiful fights so far in anime.
Comdey Anime: I don't know the name of such a kind of anime, but i'd like a pervy one[I'm not that bad XD] with romance in it. The romance can be anything from Ef and Air [Which is sad] to Full Metal Panic and Lucky Star.
And a comdey that gives you a good laugh or chuckle.
Horror Anime: I haven't seen much anime in this field, so i was thinking anime like, Hellsing and Elfen Lied with the gore and etc. And one that is "dark".
That's all i can think of the now, plus i think i've given a starter for you all. If you need a better insite on what anime i have watched, then just say. And thanks for reading this post.
Old 2008-08-01, 10:27   Link #2
signorRossi

Dark anime movie: Jin Roh
Dark anime series: Shigurui (caveat, gore and madness, nothing else)
Comedy anime OVA: Golden Boy (caveat, it has Ecchi, but funny as hell, fortunately perfect length with 6 episodes, couldn't have stand more Ecchi)
Comedy anime movie: Tokyo Godfathers (top, could pass as screwball comedy anime)

Bye, signorRossi.
Old 2008-08-01, 10:41   Link #3
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Ghost Hunt isnt really dark like Elfen Lied but its very good since a mystery aspect and a few of the later arcs deal with some kinda scary stuff. Plus its a got a bit of romance in it. Action I can sum up in 4 words Tengo Teppo Gurren Lagaan, a must watch.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-08-01, 11:58   Link #4
Shinigami_Mello
All hail Oyashiro-sama

Send a message via MSN to Shinigami_Mello
Action Anime: I think you should try Baccano! IT's short and sweet, perfect for marathoning in one day. It also has plenty of comedy and a tiiinnny bit of romance. I wouldnt say the most beautiful fights, but it's definately fun. It's a bit violent at times, but more like 30% violence and 70% comedy/story xD

Horror: All I can think of here is Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni.
Old 2008-08-01, 17:12   Link #5
Niji

Horror or very dark: 100 Stories. Sometimes it is like trippy. Awesome characters.
Old 2008-08-01, 17:45   Link #6
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Higurashi seconded, they're exactly what you're looking for.

There have been lot of harem/ecchi/comedies lately, look into To Love Ru and Kanokon for some really over the top ecchi. If you know anything about Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Koihime Musou (my avatar + sig) is absolutely hilarious as a parody with some awesome yuri undertones.
Old 2008-08-01, 18:18   Link #7
Saleh
Inactive

Recommending Hayate No Gotoku, Seto no Hanayome & Kamen no Maid guy (You will either love it or hate it) for pure comedy, Allison to Lilia, Blue Drops, Seirei no Moribito for Action/Adventure with good plot, True tears for romance, Mnemosyne - Mnemosyne no Musume-tachi for dark series,Higurashi for Horror/ Mystery series.

Edit - Also recommending Itazura no Kiss for romance.

Last edited by Saleh; 2008-08-01 at 20:09.
Old 2008-08-02, 01:00   Link #8
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Darker than Black, or Ergo Proxy.

I highly recommend the latter if you don't mind that it is not completely actionish.
Old 2008-08-02, 06:10   Link #9
wantonwonton

I'd second DtB and Ergo Proxy.

Also if you're looking for something with a bit of a mind fuck and some really dark elements to it while having cutsy animation, go Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni. I didn't find the second season to actually have the same pull as the first season but it cleared up what the hell was going on. For this series, seriously, just make it to the 4th episode or so and you'll be pulled in. Everyone I told to watch it was always telling me that by the 2nd or 3rd episode they were questioning me and the series, by the 4th they were sold.
Closed Thread