Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-27, 22:06   Link #421
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Spoiler:
Why the heck does Uub look like a miniature version of Goku. but with a Mohawk? LOL.
Old 2009-04-27, 23:37   Link #422
Vicious108

Just watched episode 4 and it was quite enjoyable. Gotta love Piccolo's attitude handling baby Gohan.

"Hey kid wake up. Look, your father's dead, but if you so much as cry I'll break your neck, got it!?"

The beginning of a beautiful friendship indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Only the stuff I mentioned in my previous post was filler material, which took up a fairly good portion of time. Besides that, it was a good informative episode with good pacing. I just don't like how Toei is omitting canon material in favor of retaining unnecessary filler. That is just wrong.
I've never read the manga, only have read a general description of what parts were filler, so I've no idea but would like to know, which canon scenes have they omitted so far? I do agree that it's pretty lame that they're doing so while labeling this as "Toryama's Cut"
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 03:28   Link #423
Blaat

Quote:
Episode 4 covered 2 chapters. What kind of irritated me was that they still kept in quite a bit of filler in this episode. Honestly, who cares about seeing ChiChi at home worrying sick about Goku and Gohan and wondering why they're not back yet? Then we get more time wasted by having Krillin show up at the door trying to explain the situation only to be invited to dinner by Ox King. A good few minutes was spent on this crappy material that could have been used to possibly cover a third chapter. The fact that Toei is selectively keeping in some filler while omitting scenes from the manga is starting to get ridiculous.
I agree, at first when I read the "You're going to eat him?" line wasn't included I pretty much assumed that if they cover three chapters then removing some 'minor' lines could be forgiven due to time constraint (let's be honest here dialogue intensive chapters take to longer to 'animate' then fight intensive chapters) But they've removed the line and included pointless filler (and flashback) was just an insult.

Having said that I'm guessing they've did this because they've wanted the entire Gohan going giant ape scenario in one episode.

Anyway as for the Buu saga discussion on the previous, I've always had a soft spot for Buu saga especially Majin Vegeta part because that's what got me into Dragonball Z.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 03:40   Link #424
Vicious108

So is this "You're going to eat him?" a true original line from the manga? Cause to me it sounds like the kind of stuff that the English dub would take the liberty to add.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I loved Buu, especially his first form. I just love how his character design is nothing we ever expected to see after how much he was built up to be the strongest being in the series at that time.
Well the suprising character design of his first form was indeed effective, but he only got worse as he kept on changing, with Kid Buu ending up as one of the most shallow villains in the series. The endless regeneration was also really cheap and made things rather tedious. He could've been killed as soon as Dabura if not for it.
Old 2009-04-28, 04:39   Link #425
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
So is this "You're going to eat him?" a true original line from the manga? Cause to me it sounds like the kind of stuff that the English dub would take the liberty to add.
Yes, it was in the manga.
Old 2009-04-28, 05:24   Link #426
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Anyway as for the Buu saga discussion on the previous, I've always had a soft spot for Buu saga especially Majin Vegeta part because that's what got me into Dragonball Z.
Well personally I thought Dragonball Z would have ended perfectly with the defeat of Cell.

Spoiler for Cell Arc thoughts:

Spoiler for Buu arc thoughts:
Waking_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 05:41   Link #427
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
Well personally I thought Dragonball Z would have ended perfectly with the defeat of Cell.

Lol I remember watching Goku use a spirit bomb for the first time. I was thinking to myself, "whoever gets hit by this is going to get an epic spanking." In my opinion after watching Goku do it many times, and especially having annoying Hercules generate the power for it. I found it to be an overused power that was just way too overpowering and a lame way to usually finish an arc. I prefer Goku beating the crap out of his opponents then using kame .
Old 2009-04-28, 05:47   Link #428
Vicious108

Yeah, and the fact that the final "big fight" of DBZ was basically Vegeta getting his ass kicked by Kid Buu in order to stall for time made it all the more disappointing. There was no real competitive final showdown, which in a series as fight-centric as DBZ is not a good thing.
Old 2009-04-28, 06:03   Link #429
Kirarakim

Yeah I definitely think the Buu saga has the worst ending but I did really like

Spoiler:

I also have a soft spot for Chibi Trunks and Goten (although I am not too fond of Gotenks)
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 06:26   Link #430
Blaat

Quote:
Spoiler for reply:
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 07:11   Link #431
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Also just to see if I can get a straight answer

SSJ2 Gohan (Cell Saga)
SSJ Brolly (Bulky muscles)
SP Cell
Bojack Transformed

For raw power whats the order?
Old 2009-04-28, 07:49   Link #432
Michsi

Quote:

Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler for My Buu arc thoughts:
Michsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 07:50   Link #433
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

People actually didn't like the way Buu saga ended? I think it ended the best way it could. By the time Buu came in, there really was no room for competitiveness sine Buu was either going to destroy the universe or he was going to be stopped. The competitiveness was there for a little while until everyone realized it simply had to end.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 14:08   Link #434
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
I've never read the manga, only have read a general description of what parts were filler, so I've no idea but would like to know, which canon scenes have they omitted so far? I do agree that it's pretty lame that they're doing so while labeling this as "Toryama's Cut"
Things are too detailed and elaborate for me to list here for you, so instead I will direct you to this website: http://www.kanzentai.com/index.php

Thorough reviews have been done for every episode of DB Kai that has aired so far, and there you will find material that was cut from the manga chapters corresponding to the episodes which they constitute. I hope this helps.
Old 2009-04-28, 19:56   Link #435
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Spoiler for reply:
Lol I find it comical that Goku dies at times, and then is re-born haha. I just can't imagine a world like that.
"Hey I thought I just killed you 5 minutes ago...!"
"Yeah....I got a freaking halo around my head so wut?"
Old 2009-04-28, 20:14   Link #436
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
Lol I find it comical that Goku dies at times, and then is re-born haha. I just can't imagine a world like that.
"Hey I thought I just killed you 5 minutes ago...!"
"Yeah....I got a freaking halo around my head so wut?"
Reminds me of Elder Kai in Buu Saga.

*Paraphrasing*
Elder Kai collapses, Goku's halo disappears.
Goku - "Thank you, Elder Kai. Your sacrifice will not be in vain."
Elder Kai stands back up with a halo over his head
Elder Kai - "JUST GET GOING, YOU IDIOT!"
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 21:11   Link #437
justavisitor

actually goku uses spirit bombs to defeat quite a few enemies --but only in the movie I remember he did that two times in the movie at least...

And @Waking_Dreamer

In terms of raw power...of course SSJ3 is the top one...and I don't know which way does your list go...(up or down XD) but Gohan in SSJ2 while in Cell saga should be stronger than Brolly at his best already...(or equal at least)
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 04:04   Link #438
Vicious108

Quote:
Things are too detailed and elaborate for me to list here for you, so instead I will direct you to this website: http://www.kanzentai.com/index.php

Thorough reviews have been done for every episode of DB Kai that has aired so far, and there you will find material that was cut from the manga chapters corresponding to the episodes which they constitute. I hope this helps.
Ah yes, that is quite helpful, thank you. *bookmarks*

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
actually goku uses spirit bombs to defeat quite a few enemies --but only in the movie I remember he did that two times in the movie at least...
Yes and they even made up the Super Saiyan style Spirit Bomb, where he absorbed its power to himself. That was... well, strange to say the least.

The movies were quite predictable in that sense. Everyone always showed up just to get their asses kicked until good old Goku decided it was time for the movie to end and hogged the kill all to himself. Oh well, they were still mildly entertaining.
Old 2009-04-29, 04:41   Link #439
Alchemist007
*Author

Only thing I found strange about that was that he made it into the spirit bomb in the first place instead of keeping it inside. According to the early explanations of how it works, the spirit energy goes directly into your body and you have to push it out to make the bomb.
Old 2009-04-29, 05:58   Link #440
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post

In terms of raw power...of course SSJ3 is the top one...and I don't know which way does your list go...(up or down XD) but Gohan in SSJ2 while in Cell saga should be stronger than Brolly at his best already...(or equal at least)
Thast what I was thinking but wasnt there a part in a movie (Return of Brolly) where Gohan (Buu Saga) goes SSJ2 against Brolly but a direct punch to the face didnt even flinch him....?

Spoiler for Buu and Cell comparison: