AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2010-06-08, 16:21   Link #101
james0246

^No, there are some pretty major differences...too spoilerific to post, though. The comic is only 7 issues long, so it's not too expensive (hell, you could probably find the comic online...not that I'd know anything about that ).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 07:57   Link #102
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Saw Prince of Persia last night and well I'll quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamuSkull View Post
Prince of Persia: the sands of time delivers. And I'm happy.
Really quite enjoyed it.
Old 2010-06-17, 17:36   Link #103
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

10 years late, but I just saw Office Space for the first time. Highly entertaining film, already ordered it for DVD to add to my collection.

Mike Judge and Scarface (the rapper) are strangest bedfellows I've come across yet, between Office Space's soundtrack and Scarface's cameo in Idiocracy.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-17, 23:12   Link #104
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo - Beautiful movie, I really liked it
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-18, 05:13   Link #105
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
The Illusionist, and I loved every minute of it. Really good movie with a brilliant ending. I regret I missed it from the theaters.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-18, 10:37   Link #106
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
10 years late, but I just saw Office Space for the first time. Highly entertaining film, already ordered it for DVD to add to my collection.

Mike Judge and Scarface (the rapper) are strangest bedfellows I've come across yet, between Office Space's soundtrack and Scarface's cameo in Idiocracy.
Wow, surprised it took you that long. That is one of the few movies I've seen 3+ times.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-18, 21:45   Link #107
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Just came back from Toy Story 3 with my friends, and damn was it intense. So totally worth it, though. Definitely something I'll be buying when the DVD is released.
Old 2010-06-18, 23:15   Link #108
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
The Illusionist, and I loved every minute of it. Really good movie with a brilliant ending. I regret I missed it from the theaters.
I remember I watched that one like 3 years ago, it was awesome
Old 2010-06-18, 23:26   Link #109
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Summer Wars. Its a pretty good movie and was really interesting. Its kinda sad that the male protagonist had a short screen time though. XD
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-21, 08:51   Link #110
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I recommend Pirate Radio which I watched last week on a flight. Very entertaining from start to finish, especially for someone like me who listened to all those songs on the radio when they were first released. Striking absence of Beatles songs, which I attribute to the movie producers' choosing not to pay enormous rights fees. (Does Michael Jackson's estate still own those rights?)
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-21, 12:28   Link #111
Jaaxus
Hello

Ip Man 2.It's nothing new but a great movie.10/10
Jaaxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-21, 15:21   Link #112
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

"Where the Wild Things Are"

Wow, what a disappointing mess about a future Columbine anger issues kid who imagines a business meeting muddle as portrayed by monsters. O.o

4/10 ... visually interesting but content disaster.
Old 2010-06-21, 18:21   Link #113
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Just came back from Toy Story 3 with my friends, and damn was it intense. So totally worth it, though. Definitely something I'll be buying when the DVD is released.
PRISON RAID! *lazers circle* XD best part is buzz
Old 2010-06-22, 00:56   Link #114
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I recommend Pirate Radio which I watched last week on a flight. Very entertaining from start to finish, especially for someone like me who listened to all those songs on the radio when they were first released. Striking absence of Beatles songs, which I attribute to the movie producers' choosing not to pay enormous rights fees. (Does Michael Jackson's estate still own those rights?)
Of note, the original British version of the film, called The Boat That Rocked, contains something like 20 minutes of scenes that were deleted from the American release purely for time reasons. Since I haven't seen the American version I am unsure what has been deleted (admittedly, the original was too long to begin with, so the extra editing could have helped )...

Additionally, the film may be a little fictitious, but the main event (a pirate radio station broadcasting just offshore due to "evil" record companies and over-regulation) is a true story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
"Where the Wild Things Are"

Wow, what a disappointing mess about a future Columbine anger issues kid who imagines a business meeting muddle as portrayed by monsters. O.o

4/10 ... visually interesting but content disaster.
I will say that the film is far better on the big screen (it really comes alive ), but it is obvious to see that the film is deeply flawed. Still, the strange bewildering tale is quite beautiful in both its presentation and execution. It's a film that really begs for the audience to look deeper, but tragically the center is a little hollow...

Last edited by james0246; 2010-06-22 at 10:25.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 01:49   Link #115
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Bit late but the last movie I watched was District 9. It was actually quite a lot better than I thought it would be and very heart-warming as well. It conveys a really strong message that perhaps monsters are not what they seem, and that humans can be just as monstruous if not more so, sometimes out of fear, sometimes simply because we like it. I really enjoyed this movie and regret not having seen this at the theaters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuXe View Post
I remember I watched that one like 3 years ago, it was awesome
It really is, and I don't know which is better: this or "The Prestige"
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 04:02   Link #116
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

^ Thats a very VERY tight spot. I rate both the same as they are equally impressive.
Old 2010-06-23, 19:05   Link #117
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Ip Man and Ip Man 2.

A semi-biographical account of Yip Man, the first martial arts master to teach the Chinese martial art of Wing Chun.
I'm not sure how to sum these movies up really, besides saying just awesome, can't really think of anything else.
Simple stuff really but just very well done

Prefered the 1st movie more but 2nd is still great. Loved ther part in the 1st where he fights 10 men, brilliant and brutal stuff.
Old 2010-06-26, 02:15   Link #118
idiffer

Send a message via ICQ to idiffer
dark city
mmm, good for one watch. nothing original, i've read similar stories by writers of the 60-70's. the movie is just about the initial intrigue of the plot and
the "unexpected" ending. the characters are shit of course.
cypher
same, wouldnt rewatch cause once you know the plot it gets boring. the movie itself is very depressing by atmosphere. but it is interesting the first
time you watch it, some unexpected twists in the plot.
13th floor
weeeeeelllll, i cant just dismiss the fact that i saw the matrix already. cause after it, this feels like a clone. but even if that wasnt the case, the film is
pretty boring. if you saw the matrix, dont watch this.
eternal sunshine of the spotless mind
blahhh, interesting concept, but way too slow and thus boring. i didnt get the morale of the story one bit.(yeah, this is one of those thought provoking movies)
really, it makes no sense for a person not to trust himself and risk reliving all the bad things just cause he doesnt remember smth (and that was his choice).
still, veeeerrryy slow...
c) Your mind is too narrow to embrace my genius, de geso.
d) I was accidentally dropped into a barrel of whiskey, so now I am constantly drunk.
e) Go home and die! Dattebayo!

Last edited by idiffer; 2010-06-26 at 20:54.
idiffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 18:29   Link #119
mellomarie
fullblown technicolour

I watched The Reader yesterday on DVD....it was alright. I heard the book was amazing and the movie itself was very atmospheric and well acted, but I think it'd make for a better film if Hana was a Nazi while having an affair with the kid.

I think it would've connected the story together more, because it felt like the movie was in two parts, one being the affair and the other regarding hana's court session. Interweaving all of those elements together would've made the movie more fast-paced.

Anyway, decent enough movie but not a big deal :|
Old 2010-07-02, 22:06   Link #120
ameskitty
Kupo

Oh God I just watched Toy Story 3 and I BAWLED (having just gone to college this past year). Well, I laughed too, of course. I love Pixar, and I'm even able to forgive them for the only-okay Cars because they're so ridiculously awesome : D.
Spoiler for choice lines:
Saw Zombieland a couple of weeks ago, too - hilarious and a surprising gem. Loved Bill Murray: "Do you have any regrets?" "Garfield, maybe."

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
ameskitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
live-action, movie, movies