AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-28, 02:05   Link #2061
Laevatein

Well, looks like my prediction was wrong.

At the time, Aria's death felt so... I can't really find a word for it other than "wrong"... that I was convinced it had to be a fake-out and she'd eventually be coming back. It would have been cool to see her develop into a successor for Saori alongside Koga's development as Seiya's successor. But no, she was just stuffed into the fridge to give him and Eden angst.
Laevatein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 07:32   Link #2062
Divino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laevatein View Post

At the time, Aria's death felt so... I can't really find a word for it other than "wrong"... that I was convinced it had to be a fake-out and she'd eventually be coming back. It would have been cool to see her develop into a successor for Saori alongside Koga's development as Seiya's successor. But no, she was just stuffed into the fridge to give him and Eden angst.
Spoiler for yeah...:
Divino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 21:53   Link #2063
cyoti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laevatein View Post

The way that Aria died was imo just too grisly for it to be a fakeout. She and Sonia are legitimately dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divino View Post
Spoiler for yeah...:
They won't. He is there strictly for merchandising. Bandai won't take it well if they kill him.
cyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 22:20   Link #2064
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyoti View Post
They won't. He is there strictly for merchandising. Bandai won't take it well if they kill him.
So now we get a new term: merchandise-armor instead of plot-armor .

But honestly, it’s okay to “kill” your “merchandise” within the series as long as you have used it to its full potential within the story. Think of how many times Sunrise destroys some Gundams and grunt MSs like Zakus in the middle of the series (almost always) yet the model kits made by Bandai still sell like hot cakes.
Old 2013-03-28, 23:18   Link #2065
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divino View Post
Spoiler for yeah...:
He will learn the true value of friendship and die fighting for those ideals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post

But honestly, it’s okay to “kill” your “merchandise” within the series as long as you have used it to its full potential within the story. Think of how many times Sunrise destroys some Gundams and grunt MSs like Zakus in the middle of the series (almost always) yet the model kits made by Bandai still sell like hot cakes.
Of course, Gold Saints, Specters, Marines are dead yet they still sell their Ex-figures .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 23:29   Link #2066
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Of course, Gold Saints, Specters, Marines are dead yet they still sell their Ex-figures .
Exactly .

That's why I thought not killing a character just because of merchandising's sake is ridiculous (in case you don't get my sarcasm in my previous post).
Old 2013-03-29, 22:29   Link #2067
cyoti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post

The demography for Gundam is entirely different for the one that Bandai-Toei is pursuing via SSO.

SSO airs at 6:30 AM on Sundays. The people watching are mostly little kids. That is the demography Bandai/Toei wants, not people who aren't even Japanese who stream or download the show. They want kids with parents with money to spend. It's why they revived the show. They don't want guys who care only about minutiae and get a hard-on debating whether Saga or Shaka is the strongest gold saint.

You are not going to get them to buy the merchandising if you have a character who appears then dies. Kids want stuff for the imitation play and imagination value not just as display items (like us).

Last edited by cyoti; 2013-03-29 at 22:40.
Old 2013-03-30, 00:22   Link #2068
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyoti View Post
The demography for Gundam is entirely different for the one that Bandai-Toei is pursuing via SSO.

SSO airs at 6:30 AM on Sundays. The people watching are mostly little kids. That is the demography Bandai/Toei wants, not people who aren't even Japanese who stream or download the show. They want kids with parents with money to spend. It's why they revived the show. They don't want guys who care only about minutiae and get a hard-on debating whether Saga or Shaka is the strongest gold saint.

You are not going to get them to buy the merchandising if you have a character who appears then dies. Kids want stuff for the imitation play and imagination value not just as display items (like us).
Then let’s just agree to disagree at this point since, in my opinion, even kids do appreciate and like characters who dies midway as long as they’re awesome in their eyes. For example, Boba Fett from Star Wars. Many kids liked and owned his action figures back in the 80s because they simply like him regardless of his quick demise in the movies.
Old 2013-03-30, 16:57   Link #2069
ShiroiRyu

Spoiler for 51*:
Old 2013-03-30, 17:02   Link #2070
Deltaray

Wonder how many seizures this episode caused.
Deltaray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 17:37   Link #2071
7Th
Mixtape

I love sketchy final battles.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 18:31   Link #2072
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was pretty epic. Can't wait to rewatch the episode in HD.
Old 2013-03-30, 19:41   Link #2073
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Pretty epic season finale. It even reminded me to the second Gurren Lagann movie climax when they used all those artistic licenses to show the power from the main character. Looks like the preview uses the instrumental version of the upcoming third opening theme. It feels weird to see Seiya with his red shirt and his jeans even though this is Omega. What happened with the scarf? Does he never change his clothes?
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 20:27   Link #2074
xellos2099

Is it me or I see Seiya with a golden sword and a piss off look in the preview.
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 20:42   Link #2075
ShiroiRyu

Golden dagger ...
And not a basic one ...
Saga golden dagger ...
The one who he used to try to kill Athena in baby ...
And Seiya use it for the goddess Pallas.
Old 2013-03-30, 20:44   Link #2076
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

How are they going to repair Koga's Pegasus Cloth? It's everywhere! When Yuna held him the entire Cloth turned to dust or something like that. Well, the same happened back in the Poseidon arc.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 21:08   Link #2077
ShiroiRyu

If you lock, Koga clothstone in preview, that will dissolve in another armor.
Old 2013-03-30, 21:27   Link #2078
cyoti

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
If you lock, Koga clothstone in preview, that will dissolve in another armor.
Actually it shatters.
Old 2013-03-30, 23:07   Link #2079
ellessarr
Banned

looks like indeed their are trying to rise some kouga x yuna flags in omega like seiya & athena(and if follow the same pattern will be a very bad writing romance), based on all that yuna reactions in this episode, and maybe the "rebirth/return of sonya"(everyone noticed the dark cosmos leave her body too?).
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 03:42   Link #2080
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
looks like indeed their are trying to rise some kouga x yuna flags in omega like seiya & athena(and if follow the same pattern will be a very bad writing romance), based on all that yuna reactions in this episode, and maybe the "rebirth/return of sonya"(everyone noticed the dark cosmos leave her body too?).
I did at the end but I couldn't understand why they did that. It would be nice to have her return as the Scorpio Gold Saint seeing how we probably wont' see Paradox again. I think to have Sonia bail out Souma's butt would be all kinds of fun.

Tags
action, shounen