AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-05, 15:28   Link #321
Karnot
Banned

Quote:
CoreAVC costs a mere $10 and will almost definitely allow your computer to handle h264
Well, it does lower MINE CPU load (2,6 Ghz) from 50-65% to 35-40%, but its still doing squat for HDTV encodes. And it seems that soon EVERY group out there will release HD trash...man...
Old 2006-10-05, 17:34   Link #322
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Well obviously HD is more troublesome.... My CPU is a little bit slower than yours and I need CoreAVC to handle high definition (1280x720) h264 encodes on my system. Before I installed CoreAVC the audio and video would often desynch. Since I'm only 2.4GHz and CoreAVC is the dope for me, I suspect you need to check out what kind of background processes and spyware might be running on your sytem. (If you still have trouble please discuss it in the Playback Help Forum.) And I suspect that on many other people's systems even CoreAVC won't help with HD.

I'm sure there are all kinds of complaints people would like to make about h264 and HD encoding, but this isn't really the place for it. Let's get back to discussing who is going to be fansubbing all these shows coming out over the next few weeks. M'kay?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-10-07, 00:42   Link #323
GameKyuubi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnot View Post
I wonder how many groups will pick up Death Note ?
10 ?
25 ?
50 ?
You'd think so, huh? I know I thought so much. However it's 4 days after the release and not even one group is done yet.
Old 2006-10-07, 00:47   Link #324
v1cious

i really want someone to do Red Garden, cause the plot sounds cool... unfortunately no one seems to be interested.

also has there been any word On who's doing Ayakashi-Ayashi? surely this is a given.
Old 2006-10-07, 01:42   Link #325
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameKyuubi View Post
You'd think so, huh? I know I thought so much. However it's 4 days after the release and not even one group is done yet.
Episode 1 always takes longer than any other episode: They have to karaoke (or at least translate) the OP and ED, typeset the title and the fansub credits, decide on standard styles for the subtitles and sometimes they argue over translation issues like using -san vs Mr or how to cope with unusual names.

There's a lot of work that never needs to be repeated that always slows down the first episode. While patience is the watchword when waiting for fansubs, you should be doubly patient when waiting for the first episode.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-10-07, 02:14   Link #326
Zython
Card-carrying Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Episode 1 always takes longer than any other episode: They have to karaoke (or at least translate) the OP and ED, typeset the title and the fansub credits, decide on standard styles for the subtitles and sometimes they argue over translation issues like using -san vs Mr or how to cope with unusual names.

There's a lot of work that never needs to be repeated that always slows down the first episode. While patience is the watchword when waiting for fansubs, you should be doubly patient when waiting for the first episode.
Granted on the OP & ED karaoke, but you'd think they could agree on standard styles and all before hand?

Also, to reiterate what I said earlier, someone REALLY needs to pick up Katekyo Hitman Reborn, preferably soon, if not now.
Old 2006-10-07, 02:21   Link #327
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Episode 1 always takes longer than any other episode: They have to karaoke (or at least translate) the OP and ED...
Are the Death Note OP/ED lyrics harder to transcribe by ear than usual OP/ED songs?

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Old 2006-10-07, 02:24   Link #328
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
Considering the fact that the OP guy goes really fast... especially the first two-three lines, ya.. it can happen.

Patience is Virtue, I promise you will get somethign soon.
________
Honda Cd200 Roadmaster History

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 08:34.
Old 2006-10-07, 18:22   Link #329
digihero

is any group going to sub busou renkin or hitman reborn?
Old 2006-10-08, 00:48   Link #330
Zython
Card-carrying Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by digihero View Post
is any group going to sub busou renkin or hitman reborn?
According to AndrewLB, Otaku-Fansubs, Nukenin, & Shoku-dan will do Busou, but none have released an episode yet.

Also, BakaNeko MAY pick up Reborn, which is potentiall great news!

Edit: Just checked their site. Seems they're the ones that sub Gintama...oh boy.
Old 2006-10-08, 20:19   Link #331
Jubalint
Timer and Stuff

Send a message via AIM to Jubalint Send a message via Yahoo to Jubalint
Are there any groups planning to sub Code Geass?
Old 2006-10-08, 20:41   Link #332
Devastator

Due to demand by at least 1/2 the co-founders of FnT, Code Geass has been picked up.
Old 2006-10-08, 22:29   Link #333
Jubalint
Timer and Stuff

What the hell Devastator? You give amazing answers to both my questions! I feel like I should be paying you or something.
Old 2006-10-08, 23:09   Link #334
Devastator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubalint View Post
What the hell Devastator? You give amazing answers to both my questions! I feel like I should be paying you or something.
Nah, there's no need. We do what we do for free. So your appreciation is as good as any payment.
Old 2006-10-15, 04:12   Link #335
kcru
Hydeist, Cardist, Egoist

Though I'm about a month early, I was wondering if any group is planning on picking up Tokyo Tribe 2 when it's out. Anybody know?
Old 2006-10-15, 04:12   Link #336
Trov
Holy cack!

What about History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi? I haven't heard much about that at all.
Old 2006-10-29, 19:45   Link #337
Jordus

any groups out there subbing Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi?

are there any groups subbing Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi? if not, they should....no new show should go on without a subber.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-10-30 at 02:46. Reason: Threads merged. The correct thread was on the first page in this forum so there's no excuse for not being able to find it!!!!
Old 2006-10-29, 19:49   Link #338
Jubalint
Timer and Stuff

Here ya go big boy - http://www.andrewlb.com/fansub/pukiwiki.php?Fall%202006

According to that Megami and Umai-Doremi are planning to fansub it.
Old 2006-10-30, 15:58   Link #339
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Yeah we're doing Kenichi with Umai, first episode should be out relatively soon if we don't get stuck on the damn karaoke.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Old 2006-10-31, 09:43   Link #340
Yekim

Anyone going to sub Marginal Prince? I'm amazed no one has mentioned it yet, its GONZO! I'm waiting patiently for someone to sub it, anyone know if it is being planned to be picked up by someone? While I'm here, also wondering if anyone is going to sub Gin-iro no Olynsis Both seem like 2 great animes, none of which have been subbed yet Anyone who can tell me anything, please do
Closed Thread