Notices

Old 2009-06-29, 00:35   Link #101
Johnny
Working the bags...

Spoiler:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 17:01   Link #102
Nindel

Love Kagura's LightSaber in later chapters, and particularly in the latest ones where there's alot of action with it xP
Nindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 23:08   Link #103
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I am one of those "anime people" so i currently really love this arc....

Only up to the last translated chapter.. but yeah....
Spoiler for ....up to ep 39:
Old 2009-07-27, 23:14   Link #104
zato_1one

I know this series because of anime. I just want to say that if this manga doesn't have Yomi, I wouldn't want to read it in the first place. Yay!
Old 2009-07-27, 23:17   Link #105
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
I know this series because of anime. I just want to say that if this manga doesn't have Yomi, I wouldn't want to read it in the first place. Yay!
I feels kind of guilty to say this... but what you are saying is exactly what i think
Old 2009-07-28, 01:41   Link #106
CrazyRevy
Don't say Lazy

Send a message via AIM to CrazyRevy
I must agree although I started reading the manga before I watched the anime I really like Yomi and I'm glade she's back from the dead agian haha.

As for what others were saying about the whole yuri thing I really dont see it. I see that Kagura cares ALOT for Yomi as a sister not anything else because they grew up together. Besides Yomi's got a thing for Noriyuki and I'd love to see them be together as a couple agian. So I'll cheer for the hopeing Yomi dosn't die a 3rd time.

Its little moments like this that makes it all worth it
Spoiler for Yomi being back rocks:
CrazyRevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 22:12   Link #107
solarknight123

Another group has just started to scanlate the series and so far they've released 3 chapters in a few days! Wow if they keep this up, they'll have finally caught up with the series in Japan!
Old 2009-07-29, 00:36   Link #108
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarknight123 View Post
Another group has just started to scanlate the series and so far they've released 3 chapters in a few days! Wow if they keep this up, they'll have finally caught up with the series in Japan!
They're only... 5 chapters behind?
Also, lol'd at return by popular demand.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 04:52   Link #109
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Read the last chapter......

Hahaha.... lol hard at the "Ministry of the Environment - MOE - the cutest ministry around" xD

The chapter ending is awesome btw....
Spoiler for Ch 40:
Old 2009-07-30, 01:59   Link #110
DxJ
Two becomes one

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyRevy View Post
I must agree although I started reading the manga before I watched the anime I really like Yomi and I'm glade she's back from the dead agian haha.

As for what others were saying about the whole yuri thing I really dont see it. I see that Kagura cares ALOT for Yomi as a sister not anything else because they grew up together. Besides Yomi's got a thing for Noriyuki and I'd love to see them be together as a couple agian. So I'll cheer for the hopeing Yomi dosn't die a 3rd time.

Its little moments like this that makes it all worth it
Spoiler for Yomi being back rocks:
YES! Another YxN rooter . They should get back together (just for the lulz of Nori's perverted face). GRZ emphaized Nori's cowardliness in facing Yomi alot, but since he quit afterwards, I think everyone should forgive him. *Crosses fingers for lots of Little Yomis and Noris*

lulz
DxJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 20:15   Link #111
disposablehero92
The Gravewalker

i have to say tough i wouldn't mind yomi so much if it weren't for her coming back so many times, i thought her story was well enough told when she died the second time, and i was satisfied with it, but she came back again, and making more problems for the main pairing.. which is fine if they didn't take off to the country side.

i read the chapters were they took off and were HAPPY to go, I'll say it again HAPPY, it doesn't look like there were any regrets that they left on kagura's part, which kind of upsets me a bit. i yes she could only remember Yomi so far, BUT who was taking care of kaurag since she woke up in the hospital? he was probably the person that's spent the most time with her since she lost her memory and she ditched him with out any hesitations or regrets. i can only hope she feels really guilty after she get her full memory back because that is a very big stab to the back for Kensuke and a real downer, i mean i wouldn't have blamed him if he didn't go to saver her after that even if i wanted him to.
disposablehero92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 20:21   Link #112
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by disposablehero92 View Post
i have to say tough i wouldn't mind yomi so much if it weren't for her coming back so many times, i thought her story was well enough told when she died the second time, and i was satisfied with it, but she came back again, and making more problems for the main pairing.. which is fine if they didn't take off to the country side.

i read the chapters were they took off and were HAPPY to go, I'll say it again HAPPY, it doesn't look like there were any regrets that they left on kagura's part, which kind of upsets me a bit. i yes she could only remember Yomi so far, BUT who was taking care of kaurag since she woke up in the hospital? he was probably the person that's spent the most time with her since she lost her memory and she ditched him with out any hesitations or regrets. i can only hope she feels really guilty after she get her full memory back because that is a very big stab to the back for Kensuke and a real downer, i mean i wouldn't have blamed him if he didn't go to saver her after that even if i wanted him to.
she didn't just left him, she kick him in the nuts as well
Old 2009-07-30, 20:26   Link #113
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:

I have too agree and why is it that even though Kensuke is suppose too be strong he seems very weak when you compare him too Yomi and Kagura... I just have too say this and thats Kensuke has done so much for everyone and he is the only who is getting so little in return, everyones off happy and he is only being a side-character who watches over Kagura even though he seems weak and is suppose too be the main character along with Kagura.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 20:33   Link #114
Johnny
Working the bags...

Maybe the anime dripped it's story onto the manga... Ah, I prefer Shizuru anyways over Kagura. Nothing like a sassy blond to brighten your day...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 21:11   Link #115
disposablehero92
The Gravewalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
I have too agree and why is it that even though Kensuke is suppose too be strong he seems very weak when you compare him too Yomi and Kagura... I just have too say this and thats Kensuke has done so much for everyone and he is the only who is getting so little in return, everyones off happy and he is only being a side-character who watches over Kagura even though he seems weak and is suppose too be the main character along with Kagura.
well my opinion on that is yomi and kagura were born into families that were doing this sort of thing for generations, so naturally from birth she would have had both a natural talent and strong spiritual power, but also very through traing, not to mention experience, so even with no memories kagura would be able to still pwn on her own of of muscle memory and reflex. if you notice with that fish he could have killed it in one swing but the fish dodged that stroke and if he had time for a second strike he would have taken it down, keep in mind kensuke was a normal person with a better sixth sense than most people up until he met kagura.

also i kind of wish the anime didn't come out as a prequel for the manga but as an anime that followed the manga, them there wouldn't so many mixed feelings about yomi and kagrua, while it answers many questions the manga does a good job at that on it's own.

and the ball kick.... that was not meant for kensuke, kagura had no idea who she was kicking but like i said about the no regrets before, it didn't look like she felt sorry, or guilty for what she did... AND CAN YOU IMAGINE WHAT THAT DID TO HIS NADS? OMG!!! look at how unintentionally strong she is! she bend iron poles with the same kick she gave him! she breaks stone lanterns with her elbows! can you imagine the damage that kick would do ot a normal guy like kensuke? he should be pissing blood and sterile for life!, lol i can image ten year from now they go to the doctor after trying for years to have a baby and the doctor tells them.."I'm sorry but Kensuke is sterile as a result of damage don to his testicles from a large blunt force most likely a kick or other injury" can you see that to?
Old 2009-07-30, 22:36   Link #116
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
well my opinion on that is yomi and kagura were born into families that were doing this sort of thing for generations, so naturally from birth she would have had both a natural talent and strong spiritual power, but also very through traing, not to mention experience, so even with no memories kagura would be able to still pwn on her own of of muscle memory and reflex. if you notice with that fish he could have killed it in one swing but the fish dodged that stroke and if he had time for a second strike he would have taken it down, keep in mind kensuke was a normal person with a better sixth sense than most people up until he met kagura.
if the anime is canon, Yomi is adopted. she came form a normal family
Old 2009-07-30, 22:59   Link #117
disposablehero92
The Gravewalker

close enough, normal family with formal training is still pretty good, kensuke was given a sword and told "have fun!"
Old 2009-07-31, 09:16   Link #118
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

To be fair, Ken-chan's parents are kendo instructors and Ken-chan himself took up kendo since young. So as a swordsman, he's actually fairly competent, though still pales in comparison to the professionals =3

What really gives the rest of his companions the edge is that all of them have hojutsu training.

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 11:09   Link #119
disposablehero92
The Gravewalker

Exactly the point I'm trying to make, thank you for putting it in better terms, i didn't notice that i hadn't mentioned the kendo before...opps: heh:

Last edited by disposablehero92; 2009-07-31 at 16:37.
Old 2009-07-31, 23:14   Link #120
disposablehero92
The Gravewalker

i'm new here so i have no idea if there's a pattern to the releases of the raws or not... is there? and if there is when was the last release or a volume or chapter? and can we predict a time frame for the next few chapters?

Tags
action, shounen