AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-02, 22:05   Link #1241
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Just finished it and wow, what an incomplete experience. Although it had potential there were so many things missing resulting in strange plotholes and lack of important character background.
I also don't agree with Manglobe's decision to put together two girl routes from the game into one plotline (at least that's how I understand it, even though not having played the game) and not keeping them seperated in the spirit of an eroge but that may be just personal preference... my previous criticism, however, is not.

Sorry if I repeated things already mentioned but it's the first time I have a look in this thread.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 22:25   Link #1242
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Just finished it and wow, what an incomplete experience. Although it had potential there were so many things missing resulting in strange plotholes and lack of important character background.
I also don't agree with Manglobe's decision to put together two girl routes from the game into one plotline (at least that's how I understand it, even though not having played the game) and not keeping them seperated in the spirit of an eroge but that may be just personal preference... my previous criticism, however, is not.

Sorry if I repeated things already mentioned but it's the first time I have a look in this thread.
Manglobe never used 2 different routes, just the common route (which was episode 1-4 which focuses more on Airi than the others, because if Shingo did not help Airi then the mood/atmosphere in his class would have never improved ) and Miu's route (6-12). Those 2 half episodes (second half 5 and first half 6) with Ange doesn't count in my opinion, because the anime has barely even touched her story with it.

edit: what kind of plotholes?
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 00:34   Link #1243
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
In terms of "lack of important character background", I'm not really sure what was missing. I guess if you wanted to know more about Sakuno, there wasn't much said, but she basically had a role in the anime as a sister/supporting character so I think that was okay. I'm not sure what other background wasn't explained (I think Airi, Ange, Sana, and Miu are all pretty clear in terms of their backgrounds, issues, and the resolution to each).

As for plotholes... I have some guesses for what you might be referring to based on all the previous discussion, and I summarized it (and my responses) in the FAQ linked in my signature, if you want to spend 10-15 minutes reading. That's probably a faster way to bring you up to speed, and then we can discuss more in this thread if you want.
Old 2012-01-03, 01:12   Link #1244
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I personally started losing interest rather quickly towards the end. I dunno, but Miu is like the last heroine (barring Angie) I was emotionally attached for the series. Heck, all Miu's story did was to make feel sorry for Sana (thus my heroine ranking goes Sakuno, Airi, Sana, Miu, Angie) rather than making me like Miu more. Which is rather unfortunate, as the ending was properly built up and all... it's one of those things where my mind says it was done correctly, but my heart just can't enjoy the series.

Sad, because I actually quite liked the atmosphere of the series and all. Wish more eroge adaptations are done like this.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 08:41   Link #1245
Arya

I know I'm not saying something new, but each personal judgment on a story, and much more on a harem show like this, is really influenced by the girl who wins. Even for who is an objective person. I am not, by the way. And more a story is unbalanced more a judgment is influenced, evenly I dare say.
So, even on Mashiro-Iro, where the story was told in a solid way, with really few flaws, people who are upset for the outcome keep on showing talking about how a side or support character had to be developed more, or complaining on this or that scene.

I'm not relating it to DragoonKain3 who wrote just before me.
I say it, just in case.

Spoiler for general impressions:

Anyways, the funny thing is that people are accustomed to accept really big flaws in behalf of his own outcome, but complain to really minor flaws in the other case.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 09:21   Link #1246
NeoChan
Banned

I feel sorry for Airi, then for Sana..now... I hope he'll be happy with his senior lover.
NeoChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 12:45   Link #1247
Krytonis
Koomi-kun~
*Graphic Designer

I just finished this anime but started yesterday! Because of this anime, I have now actually fallen in love with animes that take place in school-life and beautiful girls! This anime touched my heart and I wish that they would make a new season! I also feel very sorry for Sena and Sana.. they loved Uuryu (however you spell his name). I never thought that Miu was going to be the girl!
Old 2012-01-08, 15:18   Link #1248
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Kinda late for this,

I didn't expect Mutsu no Hana to take the no.1 spot in that poll.

http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/444/444056/
Old 2012-01-10, 12:24   Link #1249
hyl
reading #hikaributts

nuko radio 8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5QkS1vci3Q

also a lq c81 pv that is meant to market the dvd and the blu ray sales
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sSkq...LsZr1-ve13knUQ

late edit: it seems that there will be another nuko radio on the 24th, the guest is however not announced who it will be

Last edited by hyl; 2012-01-10 at 15:40.
Old 2012-01-11, 17:19   Link #1250
Ray
Garnet

Aww, maaan. I can't believe I almost passed this show up. I’m so glad I didn’t, because I ended up loving it.

The ending was heartwarming, and Miu and Shingo make a sweet couple. I'm quite happy he chose her. <3
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 17:34   Link #1251
Krytonis
Koomi-kun~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Aww, maaan. I can't believe I almost passed this show up. I’m so glad I didn’t, because I ended up loving it.

The ending was heartwarming, and Miu and Shingo make a sweet couple. I'm quite happy he chose her. <3
I really thought Sena was going to be the lucky girl that gets to be with Shingo. Probably because in the opening there is a scene where the girks ran in a field and then ended with Sena. I think usually in that case that was supposed to be the main girl. I guessed wrong I didn't expect Shingo to go out with a Senpai! But like you said, they make a good couple. I enjoyed Miu's mum in the anime
Old 2012-01-11, 18:16   Link #1252
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koominator View Post
I really thought Sena was going to be the lucky girl that gets to be with Shingo. Probably because in the opening there is a scene where the girks ran in a field and then ended with Sena. I think usually in that case that was supposed to be the main girl. I guessed wrong I didn't expect Shingo to go out with a Senpai! But like you said, they make a good couple. I enjoyed Miu's mum in the anime
Yeah, I actually also thought he'd choose Sena because of the opening. But, I guess it's worth noting that during the photograph scene, Miu is the girl in the dead centre; she is more or less the main focus in that photo. Also, when the girls are shown holding those glowing pink hearts, Miu appears as the last one. Seeing those two scenes of the opening after Shingo's confession. The MC usually chooses the first or the last person shown, but eh, I totally didn’t see him picking Miu over Sena and Sana.

Miu's mom was extremely playful and.. healthy looking..

I did feel pretty bad for Pannya and Sana, though. :<
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 10:43   Link #1253
hyl
reading #hikaributts

After getting Twinkle Moon today, my Mashiro iro Symphony manga collection is complete.

Twinkle moon actually follows Yutsuki's story of the psp game quite faithfully unlike the Sana's manga Wind of Silk, although it skipped some issues and a few drama moments though. But it was expected , seeing that it tried to fit her entire story in 1 manga.
Old 2012-01-15, 06:50   Link #1254
Parappashi
Happy Member

Just finished with the last episode. A big disappointment, when I see a particular girl stand out above the rest (Miu) for so long I can only hope there will be an unexpected twist at the end. Romances like this are always fustrating when they show the winner half way through the series. Was hoping it'd be Sena or Sana, those type of girls are far more interesting and unpredictable and can really spice up a romance. Miu was just...Miu...oh well.
Parappashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 13:39   Link #1255
Candyshark

Just noticed how people who had no expectations for the show just came in and surprisngly were enjoying it. And there is always a few who try to slap their set measurement stick and say it is bad because it does not match is bewildering to me. Blaming the show for shallow characterization, plot disconnetctions and lack of plot twists. When strong characterization, plot consistency and it's atmoshpere are the show's strongest points.

I don't want to deprive other viewers of their own values and opinions, but some need more flexibility. This show can teach plenty about it and about romance. Reason enough to give the show some credit.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 15:33   Link #1256
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parappashi View Post
Just finished with the last episode. A big disappointment, when I see a particular girl stand out above the rest (Miu) for so long I can only hope there will be an unexpected twist at the end. Romances like this are always fustrating when they show the winner half way through the series. Was hoping it'd be Sena or Sana, those type of girls are far more interesting and unpredictable and can really spice up a romance. Miu was just...Miu...oh well.
Is that really a romance story, though, or is it just melodrama for its own sake? The way Shingo and Miu's feelings for each other developed was pretty clear (especially as it came more into focus). To sacrifice all that development at the altar of "unpredictability" just so we can have a plot twist doesn't seem very romantic to me at all, and I think would seriously undermine what the show was trying to do.

This reminds me again of my opinion that romance anime shouldn't be treated like sports; we shouldn't cheer for the underdog and hope they stage a last-minute upset victory at any cost despite how the rest of the "game" was played. That may make for an exciting and unpredictable sports match, but makes for a very unfulfilling love story. Love may be a battlefield, but this was not a battle anime.
Old 2012-01-15, 15:57   Link #1257
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I love Inui Sana. Her ponytail and braid tail are the whole reason why she's my favorite ponytail girl.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 16:00   Link #1258
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Some people aren't pleased with the outcome of the romance, but to dislike the story overall for that seems a weak reason for me. That's like disliking Clannad ,
Spoiler for Clannad ending spoilers:

For me it wouldn't have mattered who Shingo ended up with , as long as the developments to it were realistic and/or believable (unlike a certain Feng eroge adaption last year >_>). I would even have been content with Ange if the anime pulled it off believable, eventhough i liked her story the least of all heroines.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-01-15 at 18:26.
Old 2012-01-16, 03:02   Link #1259
amasposu

I just finished the series and I loved it. My heart melted over most of the episodes. I am touched. T_T

I'm shocked at how low the ratings are at Anidb. I imagine that this is another case of Ichigo 100% (the manga). The viewers whose route did not get chosen must have been devastated.

At first, I was surprised that the series ended up with the Miu route, instead of the Sena route, but it makes sense. Sena is probably the most typical route for a harem anime to end with. It would even have been cliche if the anime ended up with Shingo x Sena. I imagine that the storyboard must have wanted to try a different direction.

In episode 10, I was really nervous after seeing Shingo's confession. Considering that there were two episodes left, I was terrified at the thought that Shingo and Miu may break up before the last episode. I'm relieved that I was worried over nothing.

The only thing I did not like in the series is the scene where Sena, Sana, Ange and Sakuno all agreed to stay single forever. That scene was really sad. T_T

Finally, I kind of wish that Shingo and Miu would have kissed to wrap up the last episode; the last episode seemed slightly lackluster. Overall, Mashiro Iro Symphony's story is surprisingly solid. In fact, it is impressive how good the story is, considering that it is common for eroge-into-anime to have a below-mediocre garbage story. I am so glad that a route was chosen, considering that harem anime have a tendency to end open-endedly. Mashiro Iro Symphony is definitely going on my recommendation list. =)
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 05:17   Link #1260
xKeir
Upon a wishing Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
I love Inui Sana. Her ponytail and braid tail are the whole reason why she's my favorite ponytail girl.
Corticarte from Shinkyoku Sōkai Polyphonica looks exactly like Sana

Tags
eroge, romance, seinen