AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-08-29, 10:17   Link #1
Kankel
Akuma HighClass Commander

Max Payne (october 2008)

Here is the trailer for this movie based on the popular video game of the same name.
Synopsis: Coming together to solve a series of murders in New York City are a DEA agent whose family was slain as part of a conspiracy and an assassin out to avenge her sister's death. The duo will be hunted by the police, the mob, and a ruthless corporation.
Enjoy!!

http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplayli...&sdm=web&pt=rd

http://www.maxpaynethemovie.com/

http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplayli...&sdm=web&pt=rd

http://download.wire9.com/substance/...iler_1500k.mov
Old 2008-08-29, 10:36   Link #2
Icehawk

The look of the movie seems perfect, the actor seems to fit the roll fine too, however they seem to have needlessly corrupted/changed the storyline to have some stupid demonic quasi-religious fantasy angle that was never in the original game stories.
Icehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-29, 21:49   Link #3
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icehawk View Post
The look of the movie seems perfect, the actor seems to fit the roll fine too, however they seem to have needlessly corrupted/changed the storyline to have some stupid demonic quasi-religious fantasy angle that was never in the original game stories.
The original story was a bit too simplistic though. If they kept the original, it'd be a movie that remade a game that paid homage to a bunch of movies.

Anyways, I like Mark Wahlberg, and he's gone on record to say this is his favorite role evar, so I'm definitely expecting a lot, because he's had some very fun roles before.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-30, 02:34   Link #4
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

It seems like it could be a pretty interesting movie, though I'm a bit concerned about Mark Wahlberg as Max Payne. He's a great actor and all, I just don't see him in this role. But, I suppose I could be pleasantly surprised; I'll keep an open mind, in any case.

I don't know if I like where the story is going either; dudes killing demons seems a bit played out at this point. Again, I guess I'll just have to keep an open mind.

Great song choice for the preview; Manson seemed to fit very well with the overall tone of the trailer.
Old 2008-08-30, 03:04   Link #5
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

It will be cool!

Anyway, those demons are valkyres, you know, hallucination caused by, or somekind of symbol of the Valkyr drug that's "infect" the city. Like when there are valkyres flying in the city, that actually means, how the drug is spreading, when he shoots somebody and that somebody fall through the windows, it's seen in the movie as the valkyre grabbed him; it's actually means that the Valkyr drug caused his death. And so on.
On another thought: it's gonna be really awesome!

Last edited by Solais; 2008-08-30 at 14:42.
Solais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-30, 10:35   Link #6
SquareTakesTheCircle
=D

cant wait, marky actually looks like the constipated character quite a bit =P
SquareTakesTheCircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-30, 15:58   Link #7
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Hopefully this movie will be the first good video game to movie conversion, I'm cautiously optimistic, but I still wouldn't get your hopes up.

It's a pretty awesome game though.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-30, 20:06   Link #8
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Wahlberg wouldnt have been my first choice but the trailer does look promising.

I loved the games and their dark gritty story so hopefully the movie will live up to my expectations.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-30, 21:19   Link #9
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquigleone View Post
Hopefully this movie will be the first good video game to movie conversion, I'm cautiously optimistic, but I still wouldn't get your hopes up.
One good point it has for its chance: Uwe Boll isn't doing it.

As a side note, I loved using the bullet time cheat for the original game. Unlimited Matrix ftw!
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 22:33   Link #10
MasterJ633

Send a message via AIM to MasterJ633
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icehawk View Post
Yeah, but they always do this to Video Game to Movies. Like they Did with Doom. Instead from Demon's from Hell, it was a Virus, Which started to Sound Like Resident Evil.

I hope this movie is good. I recently replayed the Max Payne Game. Wanted to refresh my memory on the story.
Even though they will change some if it, a good portion will be like the game.
Probably without the stronger drug content and bloody violence. They must have really tried to tone the movie down to get a PG-13 Rating.

I hope they will probably have an Unrated Version. More Stronger Action then.
MasterJ633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 08:08   Link #11
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

Mildly optimistic about this movie. I'm a fan of Mark Wahlberg, and enjoyed the game when it came out all those years ago. Trailer looks good.
Eczema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 08:18   Link #12
killer3000ad

Just caught it, and I found it boring as staring at a brick wall. I want my AUD 16.00 back.
You know all the action scenes in the trailers? Well that's pretty much 80% of it, so if you've seen all the trailers, then you've seen most of the movie's action sequences.

I guess I had wrong expectations coming into the theatre. If you treated the movie as a gritty detective crime thriller than it did an ok job of that, but as a movie based on an action game where bullet time was the norm rather than the exception, it fails in that aspect unfortunately.

Last edited by killer3000ad; 2008-10-16 at 08:40.
killer3000ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 08:25   Link #13
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

After watching the trailer its most likely content based on Max Payne 1 . You would be a little disappointed as Mona has a bigger role in Max Payne II BUT Mona is featured a whole lot in trailer .

Few years back I had thought about my own casting for Max Payne. In that I had cast Antonio Banderas as Max Payne . Before you give me that wtf expression I think the 'look' in the movie Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever was very close to the Max Payne I had imagined .Dont get me wrong I am a huge fan of Markie Mark movies The Big Hit and Italian Job remain one of my personal all time favorite. . I was a little apprehensive but when I saw the trailer I was just blown away . Mark is perfect as Max Payne

Can wait to see this movie : )
Old 2008-10-16, 19:47   Link #14
MasterJ633

Send a message via AIM to MasterJ633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
After watching the trailer its most likely content based on Max Payne 1 . You would be a little disappointed as Mona has a bigger role in Max Payne II BUT Mona is featured a whole lot in trailer .

Few years back I had thought about my own casting for Max Payne. In that I had cast Antonio Banderas as Max Payne . Before you give me that wtf expression I think the 'look' in the movie Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever was very close to the Max Payne I had imagined .Dont get me wrong I am a huge fan of Markie Mark movies The Big Hit and Italian Job remain one of my personal all time favorite. . I was a little apprehensive but when I saw the trailer I was just blown away . Mark is perfect as Max Payne

Can wait to see this movie : )
Well of Course they started with Max Payne (1), Most normal people (Who haven't played the game) would be lost then.
Max Payne 2 (If the 1st one does well and IF they decide to make a Sequal) will probably be R cause of alot of the Strong Language and strong violence (i think more then the 1st).

I say just have an all out action movie (No Holds Bars). People will still go see the movie.
I will try to see it but i don't have enough money yet, so i probably won't be able to go see it tomorrow.

1 Think that just popped into my mind is how many of the guns that were used in the Max Payne (1) Game will be used in the movie?
I know the Handguns (Berreta and Desert Eagle), Pump Action Shotgun, and Colt Commando (SMG) will be used (from seeing the trailers).
Be kinda overkill if he used the M79 (Grenade Launcher if i am correct).
MasterJ633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 00:00   Link #15
mg1942

I heard that cuts were made to make this a PG-13 movie
mg1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 02:05   Link #16
P.G.
Rated P.G. Superstar

Send a message via MSN to P.G.
Now this is what I want to see~ I've been a fan of MaxPayne series in PC game.
P.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 03:23   Link #17
Konpachi
Sinear Mambur

wife, kid and partner killed; dude goes on a rampage to avenge them, sounds a lot like Punisher
Konpachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 20:27   Link #18
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

I think the movie failed. Probably, it was worse than other video game movies. I dunno, I haven't seen it but I have read people thoughts on it. From what I have heard, a lot of people complained on the lack of action scenes. But from critics it seemed that the movie failed at character development. Then what was all the 85 minutes about?

Oh yeah the movie should have taken the film noir feeling and narrative style from the 2 games.
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 20:58   Link #19
mg1942

The movie is not a total fail to me.

It's like almost like watching Law & Order for most non-action scene.
mg1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 21:46   Link #20
saphyre

Massive fail for me, I can't even remember any of the scenes that caught my interest.
I was sitting there sighing most the time.