AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2003-12-16, 03:12   Link #21
futago

I dont think Harry will betray Brandon, he wanted Brandon to be an important member of the family when he's the boss. I think the story is going to turn out that Harry betrays the Big Daddy, but Brandon doesnt want to betray Big Daddy and goes against Harry, that's y Harry wanna kill or maybe killed Brandon. Remember Harry said Brandon betrayed him. Too bad two friends turned into foes bcoz of different beliefs. Along with FMA, Gungrave is on my favourite list for this Fall anime season.
futago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-16, 21:49   Link #22
guynextdoor
arcueid !! ^^

the show's really great, and anybody who likes mafia should like in instantly !

p.s. btw, i noticed the eyes were drawn a bit differently from normal, dunno if u get what i mean
guynextdoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-16, 23:56   Link #23
Go-lytely

Just saw ep 10. One hell of a cliffhanger.
Go-lytely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 12:31   Link #24
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

Quote:
Originally Posted by futago
I dont think Harry will betray Brandon, he wanted Brandon to be an important member of the family when he's the boss. I think the story is going to turn out that Harry betrays the Big Daddy, but Brandon doesnt want to betray Big Daddy and goes against Harry, that's y Harry wanna kill or maybe killed Brandon. Remember Harry said Brandon betrayed him. Too bad two friends turned into foes bcoz of different beliefs. Along with FMA, Gungrave is on my favourite list for this Fall anime season.
well maybe slightly different. I think harry does betray big daddy but brandon stands by harry which makes him an enemy of the millineum. eventually they both get killed but brandon is resurrected as an undead ghoul and the story continues like in episode one.. makes more sense to me
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 22:46   Link #25
Xiandu
Destroyer of the God Deus

Send a message via AIM to Xiandu
Actually Hunterx, you are wrong that Harry dies. He was the head of Milleion when the series started. He even said that he would kill Brandon again like he did before. I agree that Harry will betray Big Daddy and take over Millelion (sorry forgot how to spell it) and that Brandon will not betray Big Daddy and turn against Harry. Damn i love this series. I saw in another thread where someone referred to this show as another mindless action show. Boy how wrong they are. This and Gunslinger Girl are some of my fav's this year.
Xiandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 23:02   Link #26
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

he is? I must have missed it. I didn't like the first episode at all, it wasn't until episode 8 that I started watching from 2.. I'll probably have to watch it again, I thought harry died. makes more sense your way if he's alive
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-22, 02:00   Link #27
Go-lytely

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx
he is? I must have missed it. I didn't like the first episode at all, it wasn't until episode 8 that I started watching from 2.. I'll probably have to watch it again, I thought harry died. makes more sense your way if he's alive
Hmm.. why did you start from ep 8 instead of the beginning?
Old 2003-12-22, 12:33   Link #28
Seifer_us
A Hunter of Peace

Oooh.... I just saw episode 12. I'll go ahead and put spoiler tags just for sake of it:

Spoiler:

Oh yeah, and Gungrave will be moving from Mondays to Saturdays on TV Tokyo, I don't know how that will affect all of you that have been downloading fansubs, but I just thought I'd let you know. For the Importers:

Gungrave Merchandise Release Dates:

R2 DVD One: 2004/2/21
Original OST: 2004/1/07
Gungrave O.D. PS2 Game: Sometime in February 2004

Anyway, I'll try to keep you guys more updated on any upcoming Gungrave info from here on out as much as I can.

Grr... I can't get that frickin' Maaya Sakamoto song they play on the commercials out of my head...
Seifer_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-22, 13:04   Link #29
Tboz

Hmmm... Gungrave commercial? Will it be featured in the OST?

Btw, I am taking that Gungrave is getting more and more popular hence the change to a weekend timeslot? Is that Correct?
Tboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-23, 02:16   Link #30
Seifer_us
A Hunter of Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tboz
Hmmm... Gungrave commercial? Will it be featured in the OST?

Btw, I am taking that Gungrave is getting more and more popular hence the change to a weekend timeslot? Is that Correct?
The commercial is just an advertisement for Maaya's new CD, Shonen Alice. It's not related to Gungrave, it just plays during the commercial breaks (the same commercial has run in the same time slot every single week for over a month, so that's why it's stuck in my head ).

As for the time change, I'm still not sure of the reason. I think that's it's probably a good sign though.
Old 2003-12-23, 18:43   Link #31
Tboz

Oh... dumb me...

Spoiler:
Old 2003-12-24, 02:13   Link #32
Seifer_us
A Hunter of Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tboz
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2003-12-28, 09:28   Link #33
Mistwrath
Always confused . . .

Every epd keeps me longing for more, can't wait for epd 13 to see how things will turn out.

And Harry's grand plan for ... u know what I am talking about.
I wonder what he is trying to do.
Mistwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-28, 12:11   Link #34
Go-lytely

The show is good and all but I wish the romance aspect of the show were a little more developed between Brandon and Maria. I'm still not sure why Brandon is avoiding Maria although in the last ep they hinted that Brandon was ashamed at the kind of work he was doing and couldnt face Maria. Why Maria still loves a guy who has avoided her for 3 years is a mystery to me too. I think most girls would dump a guy like that.
Old 2003-12-28, 12:36   Link #35
NenMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go-lytely
The show is good and all but I wish the romance aspect of the show were a little more developed between Brandon and Maria. I'm still not sure why Brandon is avoiding Maria although in the last ep they hinted that Brandon was ashamed at the kind of work he was doing and couldnt face Maria. Why Maria still loves a guy who has avoided her for 3 years is a mystery to me too. I think most girls would dump a guy like that.
of course but this is anime,
NenMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-28, 13:20   Link #36
Tboz

Hmm... absences makes the heart grow fonder?

Yeah... just realized that its 3 years later, and Bear isn't exactly happy about Sherry's relationship.
Old 2003-12-28, 15:49   Link #37
Seifer_us
A Hunter of Peace

I'm think I'm going to start putting up new episode info here as they come out, but I'll always be sure to use spoiler tags. The following is for episode 13. Read at your own discretion.

Spoiler:

Next Episode Title: DIE (Conclude what you will from it...)
Old 2004-01-04, 04:43   Link #38
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

I never played the game before but... this show has to be one of my favorites this fall... the story is actually pretty interesting and I like the fact that the show has lots of guns and violence...
Old 2004-01-04, 10:04   Link #39
Mr.Minou

just watched ep 13 and I was wondering

Spoiler:
Mr.Minou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-04, 16:16   Link #40
Jeff_from_MD
Inactive Member

oh man, just got off watching ep.13.

Spoiler:

EDIT: Thx Mr.Minou. spoiler markups now included.

Last edited by Jeff_from_MD; 2004-01-05 at 01:23.
Jeff_from_MD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, crime, drama, science fiction