AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Who are your favorite characters?
Alto Saotome 202 36.59%
Sheryl Nome 388 70.29%
Ranka Lee 159 28.80%
Brera Sterne 75 13.59%
Ozma Lee 127 23.01%
Cathy Glass 62 11.23%
Klan Klan 203 36.78%
Mikhail Blanc (aka Michel) 156 28.26%
Luca Angeloni 24 4.35%
Nanase Matsuura 23 4.17%
Canaria Berstein 18 3.26%
Leon Mishima 13 2.36%
Howard Glass 6 1.09%
Grace O'Connor 41 7.43%
Bobby Margot 61 11.05%
Nene Rora 14 2.54%
Raramia Rerenia 13 2.36%
Jeffrey Wilder 18 3.26%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 552. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-17, 15:36   Link #661
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Sheryl is so not what the japanese think, when they think of moe that it's not even funny...

Old 2008-11-17, 18:10   Link #662
Mei19
LOL'ing at t3h old bags

Damn Ranka's too popular in japan. Heh 20 or 30 years from now when we mention Macross Frontier, the only thing the general audience is going to remember is Ranka's kira! and Nyan Nyan lmao
Old 2008-11-17, 18:37   Link #663
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

If you are using saimoe as a gauge for Sheryl and Ranka's respective popularity and character development, then you are more hopeless than I thought.

Aside from that, Sheryl snatched 2nd on New Type (with Ranka at place 5), just right behind CC, who, like Sheryl, will never see the light of day in the final listings of any moe contest (and she is actually more moe than Sheryl).

I highly suggest learning your moe background before making such a pitifully uninformed post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mei19 View Post
Damn Ranka's too popular in japan. Heh 20 or 30 years from now when we mention Macross Frontier, the only thing the general audience is going to remember is Ranka's kira! and Nyan Nyan lmao
More like the only thing you want to remember.

Although I cannot tell if, by making this comment, you are displaying your utter ignorance regarding the concept of moe or simply making an intentional mistake. Never mind that Ranka lost in round one.

You know, more and more do I feel like I am talking to a troll, if that is the case, then perhaps the best way is for me to stop feeding.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2008-11-17 at 18:47.
Old 2008-11-17, 19:33   Link #664
justavisitor

A question, I heard Ranka is leading on other mag poll?? Not that I care the poll, just curios that is New Type the most dominating okatu mag there? Becoz you never mention Ranka is leading in other mag poll......XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2008-11-17, 19:44   Link #665
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
A question, I heard Ranka is leading on other mag poll?? Not that I care the poll, just curios that is New Type the most dominating okatu mag there? Becoz you never mention Ranka is leading in other mag poll......XD
New Type is the most widely circulated animation magazine in Japan, with publications here in the states as well as in East Asia. It is the definitive international anime publication.

That said, Sheryl snatched 2nd place in December's issue (from 3rd in Nov), while Ranka remained where she was, at 5th place. Ranka led the polls during the earlier phase of the series, but she slipped due to the reasons we've been beating to death so I need not repeat myself. And I only mention this because New Type is a teeny magazine, for Sheryl to actually oust Ranka in a teeny magazine, that actually takes effort.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-11-17, 19:57   Link #666
herbert

Tak, you are too bitter. Ranka will be remembered. Need I remind you the great number of Ranka hate threads (currently at 48th) in 2ch? The most hated heroine in two decades won't get forgotten that easy.

Edit: only one thing, once characters' products are sold on their own. Ranka's goods just don't sell well. I laughed very hard that Ranka's Itasha stickers are selling at 2,000 janpanese yen (and only available at smallest size), and Sheryl's are selling from 5,000 to 25,000 yen.

http://www.carwrap.jp/

Last edited by herbert; 2008-11-17 at 20:19.
Old 2008-11-17, 20:12   Link #667
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
Tak, you are too bitter. Ranka will be remembered. Need I remind you the great number of Ranka hate threads (currently at 48th) in 2ch? The most hated heroine in two decades won't get forgotten that easy.
I totally forgot about that, thanks for reminding me

- Tak

Old 2008-11-17, 20:43   Link #668
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post

Edit: only one thing, once characters' products are sold on their own. Ranka's goods just don't sell well. I laughed very hard that Ranka's Itasha stickers are selling at 2,000 janpanese yen (and only available at smallest size), and Sheryl's are selling from 5,000 to 25,000 yen.

http://www.carwrap.jp/
Well Tak, it seems like you will be always remembering Ranka anyway, you will probably remember Ranka better than Sheryl

Seems like Sheryl fans in Japan are so obsessive, just like the (Joke)Sheryl fans in here (/Joke)
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2008-11-17, 20:51   Link #669
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Red face

True that. Sheryl's fans are the worst. They never give up.
Ranka's fans are so nice and superior, aren't they? They actually concede points and debate properly, most of the time, even...

That was sarcasm, by the way.

Rabid shipping is bad on both sides. I'd advise you to quit it, but it's just so damn funny...

And, why don't you quit it already? You don't have enough reputation points to rep me...

Last edited by BetoJR; 2008-11-18 at 14:43.
Old 2008-11-17, 20:58   Link #670
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Well Tak, it seems like you will be always remembering Ranka anyway, you will probably remember Ranka better than Sheryl
Well, I probably have to, Sheryl belongs to Alto, after all. I can't take her away from him.

- Tak

Old 2008-11-17, 21:00   Link #671
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Well, I probably have to, Sheryl belongs to Alto, after all. I can't take her away from him.
Oh, that was low, sir...

Old 2008-11-17, 21:03   Link #672
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post

- Tak
Wow, I never know that you are such a noble gentleman. What a great sacrifice you have made!!!

I respect you more now, sir
Old 2008-11-17, 21:04   Link #673
herbert

Tak, you just made you my enemy. Sheryl belongs to no one but herself, she makes decision whom she loves.

And we SherylXKlan shippers can still hope.
Old 2008-11-17, 21:05   Link #674
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Oh, that was low, sir...
You have no idea...

- Tak (And no, I doubt he got it)

Old 2008-11-18, 04:59   Link #675
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Sheryl is so not what the japanese think, when they think of moe that it's not even funny...
Saimoe is not only in Japan, it's now an international popularity contest.
The japanese opened their tournament to foreign voters on 2007.

To be clear, I have nothing against Sheryl Nome and I don't mind whoever Alto ends up with.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2008-11-18 at 05:33.
Old 2008-11-18, 05:56   Link #676
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Liddo-kun, I believe it is because of the code generator takes too long and the rules are quite complicated that Japan Saimoe has the least participant from outer region, thus quite negating your opinion about Ranka's popularity in the world

Besides, what BetoJR said is that Sheryl is so NOT moe Ranka falls into that category, but Sheryl is definitely not. It is such that the voters, who may not know of the series and only vote for whom they think is the moe-est (Read : Cute, Blush, big, round eyes, lolis/flat chest, perhaps a combination with tsundere personality) visually. Sheryl is so far from cute, so far from having flat chest and so many moe category. Her passing the prelim round is actually a surprise for me in Japan Saimoe

Please note that Japan Saimoe doesn't really say that certain character is very popular around the world. In fact, I believe I haven't known Kirino nor Bamboo Blade before this year's Saimoe.

Old 2008-11-18, 06:12   Link #677
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Liddo-kun, I believe it is because of the code generator takes too long and the rules are quite complicated that Japan Saimoe has the least participant from outer region, thus quite negating your opinion about Ranka's popularity in the world
Actually, it is because the voting process takes a long time and is complicated means that only the most dedicated anime fans would have the patience to vote in it. Japanese Saimoe is actually accused of being elitist by supporters of the other moe tournaments (I won't name names though, don't want to flamebait certain people )

Quote:
Besides, what BetoJR said is that Sheryl is so NOT moe Ranka falls into that category, but Sheryl is definitely not. It is such that the voters, who may not know of the series and only vote for whom they think is the moe-est (Read : Cute, Blush, big, round eyes, lolis/flat chest, perhaps a combination with tsundere personality) visually. Sheryl is so far from cute, so far from having flat chest and so many moe category. Her passing the prelim round is actually a surprise for me in Japan Saimoe
I agree with you here 100%.

Quote:
Please note that Japan Saimoe doesn't really say that certain character is very popular around the world. In fact, I believe I haven't known Kirino nor Bamboo Blade before this year's Saimoe.
That's your personal opinion and I'll leave it at that.

I lack the interest to argue further, since as I've been implying before in a previous post - I'm not a Ranka shipper.
Just someone who voted Ranka on this poll because I found her cuter and I like her songs a little bit more than Sheryl's songs.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2008-11-18 at 07:28.
Old 2008-11-18, 06:26   Link #678
Westlo
Lets be reality

BestMoe has easily surpassed SaiMoe in terms of the amount of votes, the SaiMoe finals were like... 1300 vs 1200 or something like that, there were a handful of matches in BestMoe with vote counts around 10,000...

Sheryl made the final 32 of BestMoe and qualified for Super BestMoe, Ranka couldn't even get top two in her group stage or win her repecharge round.

As for SaiMoe Sheryl lost to Tomoyo who made the final 8, Ranka would've exited in the same round as Sheryl if she faced Tomoyo...
Old 2008-11-18, 06:31   Link #679
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
I lack the interest to argue further, since as I've been implying before in a previous post - I'm not a Ranka shipper.
Just someone who voted Ranka on this poll because I found her cuter and I like her songs a little bit more than Sheryl's songs.
Ah, no problem. It may be my own personal opinion, I will agree on that. Japanese Saimoe has my brain whacked a lot of time

I'm not arguing because you are Ranka's fan (not shipper btw), but rather because you mention Saimoe in which I find funny because majority of Sheryl fan does not think she is moe, and you begin to give comparison of who is winning better in Saimoe. That is all. I mean no baiting or flaming.

Old 2008-11-18, 07:17   Link #680
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Saimoe is not only in Japan, it's now an international popularity contest. The japanese opened their tournament to foreign voters on 2007.
Please do note that I was referring to the definition of moe, not the popularity aspect - hence, I don't believe Sheryl would fare all that well in a MOE contest, as she is hardly anything of the sort, if you compare her with the other candidates. So, please, don't go misunderstanding me as well, ok?

Closed Thread

Tags
characters, favorite