AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-13, 22:42   Link #441
milkypink
♥~☆~♥

I placed my preorder for Ep7 at amiami
so excited!
(I'm actually going to be in Japan up until the 13th, I miss comiket by like one day I'm consoling myself with the preorder...)
Old 2010-07-14, 00:38   Link #442
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Quote:
Originally Posted by snsninja View Post
Is there images of the others in the Animal Parade line? If so could you post them or PM me?
There should be. Google for them. I haven't tried looking.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Old 2010-07-15, 14:05   Link #443
Digi-Dragon

I'm trying to hold out so I can save money and just buy EP8 (like I did with EP6), but for those who buy the new Episode every time it comes out, is it worth it to just stay current?
Old 2010-07-15, 14:10   Link #444
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digi-Dragon View Post
I'm trying to hold out so I can save money and just buy EP8 (like I did with EP6), but for those who buy the new Episode every time it comes out, is it worth it to just stay current?
Depends on how much you're willing to spend. Like for me, money is no object when it comes to buying Umineko I even dealt with paying Himeyashop's $18 shipping when buying Eps. 4, 5, and 6 (luckily I've decided to go with amiami's much cheaper shipping with Ep. 7...)

Otherwise, I'd say being able to play the patches as soon as they come out is quite worth it (for me, anyway.)
Old 2010-07-15, 15:18   Link #445
Auria

Quote:
It's definitely worth it to 'just' stay current. I can say I wouldn't enjoy umineko as much as I do if I weren't able to read/exchange theories with friends/in forums over the waiting period until the next episode comes out. A big amount of enjoyment and I believe it's even part of the game itself, is to think about what happened and what will happen next

If you have bought every episode you can still give them to friends as a birthday present if they are interessted in Umineko or sell them at ebay or something like that for the collectors that happened to miss the chance to buy it ;D
Old 2010-07-15, 15:23   Link #446
milkypink
♥~☆~♥

Quote:
Hmm.... since I can read the Japanese version (er, with some dictionary help ) it's worth it to me. But, if you can hold out, it's definitely more economical to get them in blocks....

On the other hand, buying the episode each time shows your support to Ryuukishi and lets him know that people are still interested and want to read it I mean, there's a couple years in there between sections so if everyone waited it would be sad for Ryuu XD;;
Old 2010-07-15, 16:27   Link #447
Digi-Dragon

Well, considering all the answers... I think I'll preorder it. XD I'm gonna hopefully be taking Japanese this year anyway, so maybe I can even try to get through it without the English version (until I inevitably get frustrated and rip my hair out. )
Old 2010-07-16, 11:26   Link #448
Joly
モエカステル

Going off the EP7 topic for a bit.
But can anyone name me a few sites where I can purchase the Maria DX Figurine? ...It's cheaper at HLJ, but I missed the chances of ordering it so it's labeled as 'Discontinued' now. I don't know how likely they'll be able to re-stock on the figure.
Old 2010-07-16, 11:33   Link #449
moichispa
Endless witch

Quote:
Well, considering all the answers... I think I'll preorder it. XD I'm gonna hopefully be taking Japanese this year anyway, so maybe I can even try to get through it without the English version (until I inevitably get frustrated and rip my hair out. )
I have been taking Japanese for a year and tried to do it for a try and I jut got to understand some katakana things and Ange oni-san . You can try but you will not get too much except being spoilers for images without understanding the text

Maybe your level might be better than mine but I think that trying to read it with less than 3 years might not be a good idea
Old 2010-07-16, 11:40   Link #450
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joly View Post
Going off the EP7 topic for a bit.
But can anyone name me a few sites where I can purchase the Maria DX Figurine? ...It's cheaper at HLJ, but I missed the chances of ordering it so it's labeled as 'Discontinued' now. I don't know how likely they'll be able to re-stock on the figure.
If something is labeled as "Discontinued" on HLJ, then there's pretty much no chance of it ever being in stock again.

I searched for her on amiami, hobbysearch, jlist, and toylet with no results. The best bet you have at this point is to try searching for her on ebay (or any other more obscure store I didn't search at.)
Old 2010-07-16, 11:41   Link #451
Joly
モエカステル

Sometimes when I'm lucky, I find a few figurines that do get re-stocked after awhile. But it's rare when that happens. =( I'll try checking around eBay. Thank you!
Old 2010-07-16, 13:12   Link #452
Digi-Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by moichispa View Post
I have been taking Japanese for a year and tried to do it for a try and I jut got to understand some katakana things and Ange oni-san . You can try but you will not get too much except being spoilers for images without understanding the text

Maybe your level might be better than mine but I think that trying to read it with less than 3 years might not be a good idea
; Great. Well. It'll be an adventure either way!! ^^;

I've got a few friends who taught themselves Japanese, and they've said they'll help me when I start learning, so I at least hope to...I don't know, read one line or something.
Old 2010-07-16, 17:58   Link #453
snsninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang View Post
There should be. Google for them. I haven't tried looking.
I tried but with no results (well they had some first price toy but not the kind I was looking for )
What website did you find that pic from?
Old 2010-07-17, 14:35   Link #454
Digi-Dragon

A-A Beato plushie!! Oh my god I want that.
Old 2010-07-17, 15:04   Link #455
KoiYuki

One of those Shannon figures looks.. new. ;A; I didn't know they made another one.
Still waiting for them to release all that~

Here's what Umineko stuff I got at Anime Expo~
Spoiler for Merch:

I got the last normal Maria figure, they had to give me the one in the display.. xD;
They also had chibi Shannon & Jessica, but I didn't want to buy them.

What really bugs me about that first Maria figure is that the blush/shading on the legs is really heavy, and kinda orange-ish, so she looks kinda like she has a strange skin disease.
Old 2010-07-30, 10:16   Link #456
Tealeafy
✿Higurashi+Umineko Fan✿

Yes, please!!~
Old 2010-07-30, 11:38   Link #457
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeafy View Post

Yes, please!!~
I'm not a huge fan of Shannon, but that figurine is really pretty/cute. *w*

Old 2010-08-14, 20:30   Link #458
Mystified

It isn't official stuff or anything but I just had a birthday party and my mom got me an umineko cake

I wanted to share it but didn't know where to post it so I figured this would be somewhat okay. Lawls.
Spoiler for big image:
Old 2010-08-14, 21:48   Link #459
Golden-Beato
ベアトリーチェ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystified View Post
It isn't official stuff or anything but I just had a birthday party and my mom got me an umineko cake

I wanted to share it but didn't know where to post it so I figured this would be somewhat okay. Lawls.
Spoiler for big image:
Oh god, that's amazing. I made a One-Winged Eagle cake for Battler's birthday |D
Old 2010-08-15, 09:08   Link #460
snsninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystified View Post

Spoiler for big image:
That's epic! Does your mom know anything about umineko or did you tell her how you wanted it to look like?
I love the red blue theme with white btw (red text, blue text, regular text XD)
Closed Thread