AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-07-30, 02:47   Link #321
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Alright I've had my T-Bolt out a couple of times now and even gotten a fox with it so far but here are some decent pictures from this afternoon's plinking session.

Note the straight pull action;

This is the "Double Helix" magazine, two rotors hold the ammunition and cause it to spiral like so;

This is the #4 reticle, I really like it. With no thick part of the cross hair it feels natural to but the target right in the centre quickly;

And the pisser of a sling I got for it;

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."

Last edited by grylsyjaeger; 2011-07-30 at 03:32.
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 02:31   Link #322
siegn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Triple M16/M4 taken out to outdoors firing range and tested.

It seems that it was so heavy and cumbersome the only way to use it was in a pintle-mounted configuration, as an emplaced weapon. But it worked.

BTW, that earlier discussion about the multiple-barrel rifle...wasn't it the Soviet AO-63 dual-barrel concept rifle (remarkable for its 5,000rpm rate of fire), which eventually gave birth to the AN94 Abakan?
i would hate to clean thous, carbon always being places it shouldnt >.>
siegn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 03:40   Link #323
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Yeah, but I'm afraid that for this lulz-weapon, direct impingement was the only viable configuration - using pistons to actuate every bolt in rapid succession would have been a bit hard (not to mention awkward) to achieve, especially since the gunsmiths would have to make the pusher rods larger (to avoid torquing, since they're reaching towards something that is NOT in the original rifle's alignment) and thus heavier (resulting in lower rates of fire).
Old 2011-08-01, 02:17   Link #324
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Yeah, but I'm afraid that for this lulz-weapon, direct impingement was the only viable configuration - using pistons to actuate every bolt in rapid succession would have been a bit hard (not to mention awkward) to achieve, especially since the gunsmiths would have to make the pusher rods larger (to avoid torquing, since they're reaching towards something that is NOT in the original rifle's alignment) and thus heavier (resulting in lower rates of fire).
hey at least this thing fires, right?

seriously... this is something else.... what if it jams? then what?

say what optics are good for a shotgun? friend has a Mossberg 500 or what looks like one....
Old 2011-08-01, 02:42   Link #325
GundamFan0083

If it's alright with you ZeKer, I'll answer your question about shotguns.

Most of my fellow shooters like the Red-Dot sights for the shotguns they use for home defense.
Those optics are best used with a pistol-grip stock, though I would imagine standard stocks work fine, but "tactical" is all the rage right now where I live.

http://www.tacticalshotgunaccessorie...rs/default.htm
Old 2011-08-06, 23:45   Link #326
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 01:44   Link #327
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
WTF?! the Thompson looks liek a freakin' Lewis or a Degtreyev MG!!!

also, launcher looks like a bigga version of M18 recoilless
Old 2011-08-07, 02:00   Link #328
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

The M72 LAW seems to have been modded to accept smaller rockets - wonder if it's reusable in that configuration...it certainly wasn't with 66mm warheads.

An amusing fact: though it was created for the Vietnam War, the LAW is enjoying a second life with the war on terror, as it's being put back into production for use in Afghanistan and Iraq, where soft-skinned targets and other vehicles are ubiqutious and thus do not require a full-fledged M136/AT4 or Javelin. It also helps that a single man can carry two of them, in place of a single AT4. And last but not least, they're a helluva lot cheaper (AT4: $1400; M72: $670->1000).
Old 2011-08-07, 02:25   Link #329
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
The M72 LAW seems to have been modded to accept smaller rockets - wonder if it's reusable in that configuration...it certainly wasn't with 66mm warheads.

An amusing fact: though it was created for the Vietnam War, the LAW is enjoying a second life with the war on terror, as it's being put back into production for use in Afghanistan and Iraq, where soft-skinned targets and other vehicles are ubiqutious and thus do not require a full-fledged M136/AT4 or Javelin. It also helps that a single man can carry two of them, in place of a single AT4. And last but not least, they're a helluva lot cheaper (AT4: $1400; M72: $670->1000).
but the shooter needs to get a tad closer to achieve maximum pain, right?

I want to know how heavy the damage can be done against reactive armor
Old 2011-08-07, 08:17   Link #330
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

I don't think they'll ever encounter reactive armor in Afghanistan and Iraq. The latest versions of the LAW do have a tandem warhead to defeat this kind of weapon (as well as bunker/building clearing), though, but I doubt they'll be shipped overseas.

I think they chose the LAW since, despite its smallish (and almost obsolete) 66mm warhead, it can still deal enough damage to urban cover (like taking out a sniper hiding behind a wall) without decreasing soldier mobility too critically. It's also appropriate to knock out technicals (civilian cars retrofitted with machine guns).
Old 2011-08-09, 23:12   Link #331
ZeKeR
Superbad

I almost forgot: is the M9 series bazooka already gone?
Old 2011-08-17, 08:55   Link #332
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

I've got some time tomorrow so I'm heading to the local gunshop to get some ammunition and cleaning supplies.

In the event that there is a T-Bolt the same as mine in 22WMR available I'll be putting a deposit down on it and paying it off over the next three months.

I could easily buy it outright many times over but I like to have the extra money in my account in case something happens. XD

Old 2011-08-17, 19:10   Link #333
Lost Cause

So I guess now would be a good time to let y'all know that I have purchased a Heckler and Koch USP in 9mm.

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 19:22   Link #334
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
So I guess now would be a good time to let y'all know that I have purchased a Heckler and Koch USP in 9mm.
You forgot to buy a set of "don't bully me, my mum is a badass pistolero" shirts for your kids when they go to school along with it.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 22:36   Link #335
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
In the event that there is a T-Bolt the same as mine in 22WMR available I'll be putting a deposit down on it and paying it off over the next three months.
Sadly none available.

Sad faic.

I did however get some more diverse loads to try out in the 22LR. Some CCI "Velociraptor"s and I forget the name of the others but they are 34gr projectiles traveling at ~1600 fps.

Should really make those little critters explode...

Old 2011-08-17, 23:03   Link #336
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
You forgot to buy a set of "don't bully me, my mum is a badass pistolero" shirts for your kids when they go to school along with it.
It might not be such good idea...
Old 2011-08-18, 19:36   Link #337
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Y'all need to get up in my face and tell me about your favourite guns and stuff. Guns are quite rare where I am so I've never even got to fire one. What I know is from personal study only.
Old 2011-08-18, 19:42   Link #338
Lost Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
It might not be such good idea...
Definetly! What with considering the current climate that guns are supposedly bad. And yet crazy types invade schools, college campus', military bases, and even attempt to kill a political candidate (Gabby).
Besides my kids know how to handle themselves...and there's always the baseball bat!

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 20:37   Link #339
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
Besides my kids know how to handle themselves...and there's always the baseball bat!
Just remember to pack them peanut butter & jelly sandwiches for lunch.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 22:26   Link #340
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Just remember to pack them peanut butter & jelly sandwiches for lunch.
Peanut is a powerfull allergic stuff, wisely used on the right ''target(s)'' ,who knew how many a little of peanut butter could send to the hospital ...

Tags
firearms, guns