AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

Old 2011-10-22, 12:19   Link #1041
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Alright, this is starting to get out of hand. While I can (pretend to) see why people might want to draw some parallels to Code Geass, the sheer volume of said comparisons is beginning to drown out any actual discussion about the show (besides being a nest of spoilers regarding Code Geass, which no one seems to care about marking). Please try to tone it down with the Geass talk, this thread is for discussing Guilty Crown after all, not doing a side-by-side comparison between it and other works which might share a similar nature. If you absolutely must indulge in such comparisons, at least hide them behind spoiler tags so that people who want to actually discuss about GC don't have to wade through hordes of semi-related posts to do so. Thank you.
Old 2011-10-22, 12:41   Link #1042
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I don't think we are giving enough credit to Inori's role as goddess. When she speaks to Shuu in the warehouse, it is as if she is crazy, but has some mysterious knowledge. Her costume sets her apart from everyone else as being a fairy or goddess of some kind. There is much more there than just "singing doormat" (great phrase, felix). She is the embodiment of feminine wisdom, as well as of feminine weakness (although she showed herself plenty strong in running from the bad guys, and in refusing to talk when they caught her). Clearly we are going to learn more about her character in this new school setting. I'll withhold judgment until I know more of what she's like. I think Kayano Ai's voice is so far just nailing the magical being side of her nature.
Spoiler for Code Geass comparisons:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 12:58   Link #1043
wm4

I had uploaded two Firefox themes:
http://tinyurl.com/3og5a2j
A basic one.

http://tinyurl.com/3n5zf2d

It is far from good, but I don't bother go too deep with it.
And I know it is quite misleading. At least I had attempted to make it obvious that
it is not the official interpretation. Looking like I had made a somewhat high level of troll.
wm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 13:32   Link #1044
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Alright, this is starting to get out of hand. While I can (pretend to) see why people might want to draw some parallels to Code Geass, the sheer volume of said comparisons is beginning to drown out any actual discussion about the show (besides being a nest of spoilers regarding Code Geass, which no one seems to care about marking). Please try to tone it down with the Geass talk, this thread is for discussing Guilty Crown after all, not doing a side-by-side comparison between it and other works which might share a similar nature. If you absolutely must indulge in such comparisons, at least hide them behind spoiler tags so that people who want to actually discuss about GC don't have to wade through hordes of semi-related posts to do so. Thank you.
Do we not have enough posts to warrant a sub-forum yet? Then you could make a thread titled "GC a CG rip-off?" and blast any post that speaks on this subject into that thread!
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 13:45   Link #1045
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Her costume sets her apart from everyone else as being a fairy or goddess of some kind.
I considered it more to symbolise a free and exotic bird that was previously caged. Would go the feathers in her opening song and the sound of wings when she ate Shu's lunch.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 14:08   Link #1046
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I considered it more to symbolise a free and exotic bird that was previously caged. Would go the feathers in her opening song and the sound of wings when she ate Shu's lunch.
Good point. Let's see if this metaphor remains fruitful as we go on. But feathers are also associated with gods and spirits in Japanese mythology, aren't they? Like the "feather mantle" of the celestial spirit who comes to earth in the Noh play Hagoromo. A fisherman finds her cloak of feathers hanging on a tree and takes it, agreeing to give it back only if she performs her heavenly dance for him.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2011-10-22 at 17:40.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 14:10   Link #1047
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I don't think we are giving enough credit to Inori's role as goddess. When she speaks to Shuu in the warehouse, it is as if she is crazy, but has some mysterious knowledge. Her costume sets her apart from everyone else as being a fairy or goddess of some kind. There is much more there than just "singing doormat" (great phrase, felix). She is the embodiment of feminine wisdom, as well as of feminine weakness (although she showed herself plenty strong in running from the bad guys, and in refusing to talk when they caught her). Clearly we are going to learn more about her character in this new school setting. I'll withhold judgment until I know more of what she's like. I think Kayano Ai's voice is so far just nailing the magical being side of her nature.
Spoiler for Code Geass comparisons:
I don't know, to me it kind of sounds more like you are describing a classic Gundam female lead like Lalah Sune or Shakti Kareen. Those characters had a quiet yet noble and strong gravitas to them and sort of exuded a warmth of character and intent and not to mention wisdom and compassion beyond their years. I don't have any idea what Inori's game is yet and I sense no hidden wisdom beneath the surface other than perhaps during a brief bit of her portrayal in the warehouse in the first episode where it almost looked for a second like she knew how to fight and could be cunning. Since then though she's kind of turned into a meek doll of a character that just begs for Gai and Shu's approval and looks like she's being put on display for the benefit of the audience. There's still time to sort out her character, but right now I'm not sensing a stable or clear one.

As it stands I'm not sure there's anything more to Inori's appearance other than to look exotic and attractive after the second episodes portrayal. I kind of hope to see first episode Inori back a little next episode......the one before the sword pulling scene that looked like she was capable of looking after herself and pulling off sudden acrobatic feats (though she did showcase the chauvinistic tendencies of Yoshino in immediately giving up after being lightly grabbed by her twig of an arm) and would have her robot take a guy like Shu out for spying on her. As others have said though I'm not sure the whole school transfer idea bodes well for her character.

If one were to equate goddess with being a sexy idol type though than yeah I tend to agree. This character is destined for lots of fan art.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 14:31   Link #1048
Morisato

Why did Shu take the Void Genome vial out of the robot and put it in his breast pocket? And why didn't he give it back to Gai right away?
Morisato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 14:35   Link #1049
ookamigirl

So Shu had to join the cause for a short time whether he liked it or not.. but at least he got to see what kind of monsters the Undertaker is up against.
Getting back to everyday life will never be the same again.
Nice action parts too.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 14:36   Link #1050
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

So where did Shuu pull that gun out from?
Old 2011-10-22, 14:36   Link #1051
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Do we not have enough posts to warrant a sub-forum yet? Then you could make a thread titled "GC a CG rip-off?" and blast any post that speaks on this subject into that thread!
the post did go past 1000 but lacks fan art and still full of CG and GC comparison. We need more discussion on the said subject than the off topic comparison

If we look at it in more symbolic way for Inori's dress..... I can't see anything aside from fan service. The more thing to talk about is back in episode one when they show the images in Shuu's memory concerning when he acquired the the kings power Like who was the 2 children in the memory who looks like Inori and Gai but the same time if that's true then the thing that happen to the girl being engulf in crystal doesn't explain why she's still alive or it can be removed. Though I think that the girl before might be Inori but is that memory of Shuu? or memory of Inori?

Inori hasn't much character yet to talk more about her or even development. All she do was being a submissive underling of Gai and a tool for Shuu. She's like she doesn't have any will of her own. Plus Gai was harsher to her than Ayane which both did mistakes on their own. Favoritism? or maybe he knew how to handle his own subordinates.
Old 2011-10-22, 14:38   Link #1052
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
So where did Shuu pull that gun out from?
From that psycho mecha soldier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
(though she did showcase the chauvinistic tendencies of Yoshino in immediately giving up after being lightly grabbed by her twig of an arm)
To be fair she did have the butt of a rifle rammed into a her stomach pretty hard.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 18:21   Link #1053
AzureWrath

I think we are in need of pics.

Old 2011-10-22, 18:24   Link #1054
tsunade666

^any fan art for Tsugumi and Ayane? or the girl classmate of Shuu which I don't remember her name. Currently she is my favorite.
Old 2011-10-22, 18:42   Link #1055
DummyInc

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Like this?

yup thats right, it would be better if its in 1920 x 1200, thanks
Old 2011-10-22, 18:47   Link #1056
AzureWrath

Ummmm not much on pixiv in my searches.
Spoiler for pics:
Old 2011-10-22, 18:52   Link #1057
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureWrath View Post
I think we are in need of pics.
Spoiler for What really happened...:

Spoiler for Interview with Daryl:

Spoiler for Inori:

Spoiler for For the pervs:
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 19:29   Link #1058
Dextro
He Without a Title

So quick question: any idea when the full ED song comes out? I mean that's some seriously sweet voice there, made my jaw fall to the floor the moment I first heard it.
Old 2011-10-22, 20:51   Link #1059
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
So quick question: any idea when the full ED song comes out? I mean that's some seriously sweet voice there, made my jaw fall to the floor the moment I first heard it.
Same, only more for the OP than the ED.

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 21:31   Link #1060
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
I guess this show just isn't for me. For those continuing - good luck. I hope you enjoy this show. But I have seen enough to know the character types and style of this show just doesn't sit well with me at all. I'm better off not continuing.

Peace.
Most of your complaints are a bit valid, but did you really find nothing good about this show?

Though I'd disagree with your assertions about the animation looking poor in episode 2. Also, a story doesn't have to immediately expand and explore its setting at the VERY start, you could be a little more patient on that front.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, noitamina, production_ig